GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Oct 2018, 22:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Need to improve quant score

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: ESSEC '22
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V34
GPA: 3
WE: Editorial and Writing (Entertainment and Sports)
Need to improve quant score  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2018, 06:54
Hi experts,

I am currently in my preparation for my second attempt at GMAT after previously scoring 650 (Q47, v34). I have been taking MGMAT mocks and my quant scores have been varying at around 40-44. Now I know that the manahttan mocks are tougher than the actual mocks, but I estimate that I'm at around a 46-47 on the real test based on my MGMAT scores. I need some tactics on how I can consistently start hitting 48+ as this can really boost my score. All help appreciated.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GPA: 3.6
WE: Analyst (Transportation)
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Need to improve quant score  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2018, 07:19
nithinjohn wrote:
Hi experts,

I am currently in my preparation for my second attempt at GMAT after previously scoring 650 (Q47, v34). I have been taking MGMAT mocks and my quant scores have been varying at around 40-44. Now I know that the manahttan mocks are tougher than the actual mocks, but I estimate that I'm at around a 46-47 on the real test based on my MGMAT scores. I need some tactics on how I can consistently start hitting 48+ as this can really boost my score. All help appreciated.

Hi buddy,

I am certainly not a quant pro, but maybe some of the following articles are of help:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/all-you-need ... l#p1130136
https://gmatclub.com/forum/overview-of- ... l#p1630029
https://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-impro ... l#p1116454

Furthermore, I am currently using Target Test Prep which I feel is helping me improve quite a bit.
If you want to check several programs for yourself, most highly rated Quant courses here on GmatClub offer a free trial period.

Regardless of how you proceed, I wish you all the best.

Regards,
Chris

A couple of things that helped me in verbal:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/verbal-strategies-268700.html#p2082192

Gmat Prep CAT #1: V42, Q34, 630
Gmat Prep CAT #2: V46, Q35, 660
Gmat Prep CAT #3: V41, Q42, 680

On the mission to improve my quant score, all help is appreciated! :)

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: ESSEC '22
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V34
GPA: 3
WE: Editorial and Writing (Entertainment and Sports)

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2018, 22:33
Thanks for sharing the info. Some of these articles seem quite helpful. :)
I think the main problem I face is that I make way too many silly mistakes which really brings down my score. I somehow need to find a way to eliminate these silly errors.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GPA: 3.6
WE: Analyst (Transportation)
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2018, 02:42
nithinjohn wrote:
Thanks for sharing the info. Some of these articles seem quite helpful. :)
I think the main problem I face is that I make way too many silly mistakes which really brings down my score. I somehow need to find a way to eliminate these silly errors.

I am afraid that silly mistakes are a quite common error among GMAT test takers.
However, I think that by identifing these erros you already took the first step towards preventing them.

Other than that, becoming familiar with the questions and concepts is another way to avoid the rocks and pitfalls the GMAT might throw at you. ;)

All the best,
Chris

A couple of things that helped me in verbal:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/verbal-strategies-268700.html#p2082192

Gmat Prep CAT #1: V42, Q34, 630
Gmat Prep CAT #2: V46, Q35, 660
Gmat Prep CAT #3: V41, Q42, 680

On the mission to improve my quant score, all help is appreciated! :)

Target Test Prep Representative
P
Affiliations: Target Test Prep

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2018, 19:03
Hi nithinjohn,

I’m glad you reached out, and I’m happy to help. First of all, to better track your improvement, it may be helpful to taken an official MBA.com practice exam.

Regarding how to improve your quant score, I agree with Arro44; since you are looking for quant help, Target Test Prep would be an amazing asset for you. We are the top-rated quant course here on GMAT Club.

Below are some key reasons why GMAT students have found success with Target Test Prep.

-- We meticulously created TTP questions to properly emulate the questions on the actual GMAT. TTP questions are extremely similar in form and function to the questions you’ll see on test day.

-- We offer more than 3,000 realistic practice GMAT Quant questions, each with a crystal clear, clean, actionable solution. We know that when you are preparing for the GMAT, proper practice makes perfect.

-- We teach every concept, strategy, tool, and technique that you need to crush your competition and earn a top GMAT Quant score. When you study with TTP, you leave nothing to chance.

-- We provide you with a personalized, smart, strategic plan of study to follow, whatever your starting point and score goal. You’ll always know exactly what you need to do and when you need to do it.

-- We wrote the TTP course with the goal of making GMAT math come to life and making GMAT math mastery attainable for all students.

-- We ensure that you are truly learning every lesson and retaining what you learn. Each major topic is supported by realistic practice questions that underscore what has been discussed.

-- We actively engage you in learning with more than 800 instructor-led videos that teach the high-value skills necessary for achieving a high score.

-- We offer comprehensive analytics that allow you to quickly locate weak areas, so that you can turn those weak areas into strong ones.

-- We designed the TTP course to utilize best practices in teaching and learning and implement many of the most important discoveries in learning theory and cognitive neuroscience, helping you to prepare more efficiently and maximize your outcome.

If you would like to discuss Target Test Prep further, feel free to reach out to me directly.

Scott Woodbury-Stewart
Founder and CEO

GMAT Quant Self-Study Course
500+ lessons 3000+ practice problems 800+ HD solutions

e-GMAT Representative
G

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2018, 01:15
Hi nithinjohn,

I understand your situation and I am glad that you are focusing on consistency. I invite you to attend the Quant Workshop this weekend. It is a proctored Quant test that gives a true measure of your current Quant Ability and gives you insights on how to achieve your target score. It will cover the following aspects:
    1. Accurate Assessment - Know your Overall and Subsection-wise Abilities in Quant. Get analytics that provides useful insights and a personalized plan of action.
    2. Path to target Score - Understand the extent to which you need to focus in each sub-section and how to go about the same to reach your target score – One of the unique features of Quant Workshop!
    3. Improve on your weaknesses - Get personalized feedback from our Subject Matter Experts on how to improve in areas in which you often falter.
The workshop is free to attend but you need to register here to reserve your spot as we have a limited number of spots available.

Regards,
Aditee

| '4 out of Top 5' Instructors on gmatclub | 70 point improvement guarantee | www.e-gmat.com

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Need to improve quant score &nbs [#permalink] 01 Oct 2018, 01:15

Need to improve quant score

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: souvonik2k

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap