Last visit was: 04 May 2024, 04:08 It is currently 04 May 2024, 04:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
MBA0007 wrote:
tcnjlion41,

If you don't mind, what is your profile?

I was too lazy to retype it all out so I had to scour the forums to look for when I posted it a few weeks back:

GMAT: 700; Q 47; V 39; AWA 4.5
GPA: 3.59 - BS in Computer Science
4.75 yrs Experience - IT/Systems Project Manager
Preference: Washington Sq - Weeknights, Weekends
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
You have a very solid profile tcnjlion41. Congrats on getting in!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Guys,

I got a notification by NYU.I mentioned in the 4th essay that I would be appearing for GMAT again by the end of this week.Now they are asking for the new GMAT score.

I did not evn register for GMAT yet, was just contemplating on the fact if they would consider my submitted score itself.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
NYU Status Page [#permalink]
Hi,

I just want to make sure that I am looking at the right thing:

- for those of you who haven't heard at all from NYU, does the status page just have your name, address, phone number and email address?

- for those that have been accepted, does the status page say anything different? I have had issues w/important mail going to junk mail folders..

it doesn't really say anything else about your status, like they've received the different parts of your applicatoin and all.

waiting for their reply sucks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
satija wrote:
Guys,

I got a notification by NYU.I mentioned in the 4th essay that I would be appearing for GMAT again by the end of this week.Now they are asking for the new GMAT score.

I did not evn register for GMAT yet, was just contemplating on the fact if they would consider my submitted score itself.

I guess that means they are reading the essays...

All kidding aside, I think you need to contact them and let them know what your plan is now since it appears to have changed since you wrote that essay.

Do you still plan on re-taking the GMAT? Are you prepared to take it soon? If so, I'd register now for a near-future date and notify them of your revised timeframe. If you take it soon, I think they'd wait for the results even if they come in after your self-imposed deadline.

If you don't plan on re-taking, I'd let them know that as well and that you would like to be evaluated based on your previously submitted score.

Not sure how they'll perceive you either way though I think they expect you to re-take since you said so yourself in your app.

Just my thoughts...let us know what you decide. Good luck.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Re: NYU Status Page [#permalink]
duffman wrote:
Hi,

- for those of you who haven't heard at all from NYU, does the status page just have your name, address, phone number and email address?

it doesn't really say anything else about your status, like they've received the different parts of your applicatoin and all.

Hey Duffman,
Couldn't agree more about the anguish of waiting. I have a similar status page with my contact info/update button toward the bottom. On the top of the page, I also have the following boilerplate message:

"Thank you for applying to the NYU Stern School of Business. We have received your application and it is currently being processed and presented to the Admissions Committee for review. Should the Committee require additional information, you will be notified by email."

After that, some more jibber-jabber about December 1st notification, blah blah, blah, update contact information blah. Very sick of this page!

I have not been contacted other than the initial email giving me access to the status website. Hopefully we hear soon though I am becoming more pessimistic with each passing day. Good luck to you and all the others out there.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
 Q51  V38
Send PM
duffman wrote:
Hi,

- for those that have been accepted, does the status page say anything different? I have had issues w/important mail going to junk mail folders..

In addition to the "Update" button, the admitted/rejected students page has another button "View Status letter".
Manager
Manager
 Q51  V38
Send PM
[#permalink]
epb1047 wrote:
Ioiio - I paste the names in Excel and do a count using Excel from there.

Ok... so I am not the only one doing that. I was wondering if there is any easy way. In my Macbook, opening excel takes eons.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ioiio wrote:
duffman wrote:
Hi,

In addition to the "Update" button, the admitted/rejected students page has another button "View Status letter".

thanks for clearing that up -- just out of curiosity, has anyone heard any other replies from NYU besides getting acceptance? are they saving rejections/waitlist till the end or have those been sent out also?

i thought I had a pretty good shot at NYU :(
GMAT: 700
GPA: 3.8
Major: CS/Business Management
3yrs experience at an IB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
duffman wrote:
Hi,

Duff,

When my status was updated, I received an email from "NYU Stern MBA Admissions" with a subject of "NYU Stern MBA Admissions"

The sentence in the email was
Quote:
"Dear Beagle:

There has been an update to the status of your application to the NYU Stern MBA program. To view the current status of your application, please visit the Application Status Check Website..."

When I logged into the site it said something like The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. To view the decision click on the View Status Letter button.

I'm sure someone who hasn't sent in their deposit yet could tell you the exact wording...
Manager
Manager
 Q51  V38
Send PM
Beagles wrote:
I'm sure someone who hasn't sent in their deposit yet could tell you the exact wording...

Interesting. Did your status change after you sent in the deposit? Mine still says the same. i sent in the deposit a week back.

Also, my name still doesnt figure in the students database. I am wondering whether these are related.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
ioiio, What is the current DB Count?
Manager
Manager
 Q51  V38
Send PM
[#permalink]
just_joined wrote:
ioiio, What is the current DB Count?

Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks JustSaying.

Actually I was waiting for NYU to take a decision based on my earlier score,as just recently I submitted a reco from one of the NYU professors,so pretty much relying on that.
But now since they are asking me to provide them with a score,I should go ahead and register for GMAT probably next week.
Thanks for your suggestions/feedback.Good luck to you and others around who are still waiting!

[quote="JustSayin"]
I guess that means they are reading the essays...

All kidding aside, I think you need to contact them and let them know what your plan is now since it appears to have changed since you wrote that essay.

Do you still plan on re-taking the GMAT? Are you prepared to take it soon? If so, I'd register now for a near-future date and notify them of your revised timeframe. If you take it soon, I think they'd wait for the results even if they come in after your self-imposed deadline.

If you don't plan on re-taking, I'd let them know that as well and that you would like to be evaluated based on your previously submitted score.

Not sure how they'll perceive you either way though I think they expect you to re-take since you said so yourself in your app.

Just my thoughts...let us know what you decide. Good luck.[/quote]
Manager
Manager
 Q51  V38
Send PM
[#permalink]
satija wrote:
Thanks JustSaying.

Actually I was waiting for NYU to take a decision based on my earlier score,as just recently I submitted a reco from one of the NYU professors,so pretty much relying on that.
But now since they are asking me to provide them with a score,I should go ahead and register for GMAT probably next week.
Thanks for your suggestions/feedback.Good luck to you and others around who are still waiting!

This probably means GMAT is the only stumbling block in your application. The rest must have been good enough. That's a good thing to know.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
ioiio wrote:
Beagles wrote:

Interesting. Did your status change after you sent in the deposit? Mine still says the same. i sent in the deposit a week back.

Also, my name still doesnt figure in the students database. I am wondering whether these are related.

Yes, my applicant status page changed to the following message:

We are in receipt of your Enrollment Deposit...

My name is still not showing in the DB, though my Enrollment Deposit was received last Wednesday (Oct 17).
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Question... [#permalink]
Has anybody received a decision after previously receiving a request for additional information from the adcom? If so, how much time lapsed between the date you provided the requested additional information and the date you were notified of the decision?
GMAT Club Bot
Question... [#permalink]
   1  ...  14   15   16   17   18   19   20  ...  38