Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 14:45 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 14:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink]
hello everyone
My name is Bhushan Pratap singh. I have completed graduation and want to do MBA in Marketing Management
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi all,

I am currently a junior in college from India and actively involved in non-profit.

I am planning to take the GMAT in Feb 2015
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GPA: 3.22
WE:Advertising (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Funny story, today is actually my 1 year anniversary on GMAT Club. Total lurkfest happening here.

I am just a southern gal with a dollar (not too much) and a dream (a lot of this though) trying to get her MBA.

A little more background: HBCU (historically black college and university) grad with a few years of work experience playing mind tricks with consumers. I believe that each full time opportunity I receive, I have to match that with a service effort of my choice. Soooo I get to work for an amazing non-profit that I hope to see grow into a sustainable, international change agent. This is in addition to working 60+ hours a week (oh and studying for the GMAT..again).

GMAT Club has been invaluable through all the hiccups of this journey and it isn't fair that I haven't been actively contributing like those of you that have inspired me. That said, hoping that I can be of the same service, particularly those that feel that everything is against them. I have a few bruises and scrapes but will always have an extra bandage handy for those that want to dust themselves off and tackle this crazy thing called GMAT once more. We got this!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Every third Indian is an engineer (of course an exaggeration). I am one too. I did my engineering and worked in a software company for 2 years. (in India and London). I did my first MBA from top 20 college in India and joined Citibank as a part of their Leadership Program - the management associate leadership program. I was Product Manager for liability products including: Debit cards, bank accounts and deposits. Currently, I work for an energy company managing their Middle East marketing. (Oman, UAE, Qatar, Saudi and Kuwait).

I feel my career is stagnating and want to move to consulting. Also, would love to add a premier B school name that is recognized globally. I am looking for 1 year MBA programs. My problem is that I am decently good (not exceptional) in quant and verbals. INSEAD is my target.

I work part time for two NGOs through UN volunteering. Plan to take GMAT in Jan :)

Hope to be in Paris next year.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [2]
Given Kudos: 40
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
Send PM
Kudos
Hi,

This is my first post!

I am an Indian female, working in the IT industry(Tata Consultancy services) for almost 4.5 years. I wanted to get out of this stagnant life and do something more with my life, hence I have decided to get my MBA from a good US university - I am hoping for a 700+ score, UCLA Anderson is my dream school - dreaming big here! :) I have been following bb's study plan and am into my third month of preparation(almost done with CR - will finish RC in December). Since I am working almost 10-11 hours a day, 1-2 hours I give myself to study in the morning on weekdays and 4-5 hours of weekends are not enough. :| Hence I'm planning to take some time off from work and devote an entire month on GMAT preparation with various tests, questions etc. Also I will be more involved in the GMATClub discussions - I have been lurking around for past 3 months.
I have always enjoyed reading, so I thought the Verbal section would be fun.. but it is anything but fun. :) Too complex. Also I was good in mathematics in school(I understand the logic and stuff; slow during calculations :| ). Need to improve that.

Thank you for the great posts! I'm learning a lot. :-D

Oh, and happy birthday GMATClub! :)
Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 02-26-2015
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Hello everyobody :)
My name is Soumeya, 22 and Algerian. I am intending to take the GMAT exam in exactly 78 days :roll:
I am finishing my Bachelor of Science in International Business and aiming at applying for different Masters in Management.
I have spent 2 months wondering how to prepare for the exam ( 2 months lost...) but now I am finally starting.

Cheers :)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hello All,
Thanks to the GC team for creating a one-stop-shop for all MBA aspirants...
Looking forward to make best.
Thanks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [0]
Given Kudos: 89
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Hi Club Members........I am a Mechanical Engineer working for Tata Consultancy Services (Engineering Services) as a Design Engineer for the past 3 years.
My domain is Aerospace and I have worked with two Aerospace majors till now (Airbus Earlier now Rolls Royce). Per day I am able to devote 3-4 hrs for preparation and on weeknends 6-7 hours. I had started my preparation in October. Hope to be GMAT ready by Jan End. Best of luck to all :)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Hi Guys,

Discovered this forum from some Google search on "GMAT" and after going through some of the pages, got addicted to the forum. Looking forward to contributing and learning from the members and the forum!

A small introduction-

I am a 2nd MBA candidate from India (done 1st MBA from a tier 2 college) and aiming for top 15 B global b schools. I have 2 years of work ex in financial advisory division of one of the big 4 accounting firms. I would be starting my GMAT preparations from Jan 2015 and planning to write GMAT before Jul 2015.

Looking forward to interact with fellow GMAT Club members. Feel free to write to me or message me if anyone needs to connect :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Given Kudos: 51
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
WE:Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi All,

So finally after looking here and there I found the introduction post ( I guess I wasn't looking logically enough )
I am 29 something year old Indian working in energy sector with one of the best power trading companies in India. I am an electrical engineer and an IT and Finance MBA from one of top 15 institutes in India. I have a work ex of about 1 year pre MBA and 4.5 yrs till date post my MBA in different roles ( Marketing, Portfolio Manager, Operations, SAP Project manager ) in my current company.

I am planning to apply in September 2015 for sessions starting in September 2016. I have learned a lot from this club. I hope I will be able to contribute equivalent back to the club. Hope to interact with a lot of you people.

:)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.74
WE:Information Technology (Education)
Send PM
Hi,

A newbie here goes by the name of "Rex". My profile name says "Fat Boy", well it's due to the lack of creative name. :P

I am from an Engineering Background, and was working in an IT company from 2011 till I quit in April 2014 to prepare for MBA entrance exam. I am currently involve with an NGO and teaching few children and realised this is more fun than working on an already written code in the IT.

I am yet to start my application, and targeting top colleges.
have recently given my GMAT and quite unexpectedly I out perform my own expectation. :P

Welcoming myself to this club.

Cheers :-D
Rex
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Send PM
Hi,

Greetings to you. Hope you are doing well!

Here is a snapshot of my profile:

Age-26.5

2014 June to Present -> Working full-time as an Investment Banking Analyst (M&A) in a Global IB (India office)
2012 to 2014 -> 2 year full-time MBA in Capital Market from NMIMS, Mumbai (Medium of education was English) CGPA (3.50/4.00) - > Rank 2 in my batch
2010 to 2012 -> Worked full-time as a SAP BI Consultant in IBM India for SHELL (Have acknowledgement mails for my good work (23 months))
2006 to 2010 -> 4 year full-time BE in Electronics & Telecommunications from Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal University (CGPA 9.1/10.0) (Medium of education was English)
2006 -> Class 12 Score - 91%
2004 -> Class 10 Score - 90%

I am interested in a course that would give me the flexibility of selecting modules across analytics, strategy consulting, negotiations and leadership.

I have gone through some posts by bb and they have been extremely helpful. Urge all new members to do the same.

I am yet to start with GMAT prep. Given my background in Quants and education in English I feel I can get 700+ if I work hard.

It would be helpful to get connected with people who have been successful in getting an admit for a second MBA or who are in the same pursuit.

If anyone wants to know about life in investment banking, I will be happy to share the same.

Thanks & Regards,
mission2016
Intern
Intern
Status:"Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever the f**k you were gonna do anyway." - Quite a status, Huh!
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [4]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Kudos
Rise and shine gentlemen (and women),

Here is a fan of cult classics. Everything classic from the grand father's clock to the Victorian libraries, from The Beatles to Roger Federer, from The Schindler's list to F.R.I.E.N.D.S., from Batman to the Harvard Business School. I am an Indian, as is every sixth of us on this planet and an engineer as is every third of us in this country. Here is one among many who have seen 26 winters so far and was born in August.

I am good with numbers, as I share the land with Ramanujan and Aryabhat, while not so good with the English language as I share the border with Inzamam-Ul-Haq.

Professionally I have served (yes served) in a couple of multinationals in different capacities like Analyst, Consultant and Senior Consultant for about 4.5 years. Right now serving in the biggest of the big 4 (by revenue). If that's deemed to make any difference.

I am eyeing 2016 as the year I went to a (respect worthy) B-School. Starting off GMAT preparations from today. So I thought why not make an acquaintance with the people of this cult classic forum. Right on the money, eh!

Thank you for reading so much crap, in a nutshell I am a pretty regular guy with an enormous dream. Need your help Gotham lovers!

Until then,
TheBatman - (the suit is on the way)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
WE:Other (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Hi all,
after lurking for a while I thought it would be appropriate to introduce myself.

I'm from Brazil and obtained my BBA with Marketing and Finance concentrations in Dec'13.
I took a few internships in Banking during college (IT Projects & Global Banking Client Coverage), and upon graduation I joined a multinational automaker for their graduate development program, for which thousands of applicants were fighting for no more than 20 spots available - nearly as fierce as MBA competition!
My main WE will be on Business Planning and Strategy, but as part of my professional development I'm having some experiences in other areas of the company, such as Purchasing.

I'm thinking of taking the GMAT around April/May, and depending on the outcome (= somewhere around 740) I'll decide whether I should apply for MBA Class of '18 or '19.
My main post-MBA goal would be to remain in Strategy, but in a consulting environment, where I can have a larger and deeper impact as I'll be involved with different companies and industries. On the long run, academia is always an option (thanks to my inspiring Dad, who among many things is a Law professor).

I came across GMATClub while supporting other applicants to B-Schools, and now it's my turn to benefit from the community.
Hope this forum can help me during my journey!

All the best :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello my name is Jaime Mendez I'm from Colombia, Im business administrator and I´ve been living in Australia for the last 2 years. Im preparing on my own to do a Master in Business at University of Lyon III Jean Moulin in France, and one of the requirements to apply is to do the GMAT exam which doesn´t have a minimum score for the admission.
I did the 1st practice exam that comes in the GMAT prep software and I received a score of 260 in total, without counting the writing exam.
Im in this forum hoping to get some help and advice to study for my exam, as I feel overwhelmed and frustrated. My exam will be on the 18th of February.

Thank you, and good luck to all of you.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello my name is Jaime Mendez I'm from Colombia, Im business administrator and I´ve been living in Australia for the last 2 years. Im preparing on my own to do a Master in Business at University of Lyon III Jean Moulin in France, and one of the requirements to apply is to do the GMAT exam which doesn´t have a minimum score for the admission.
I did the 1st practice exam that comes in the GMAT prep software and I received a score of 260 in total, without counting the writing exam.
Im in this forum hoping to get some help and advice to study for my exam, as I feel overwhelmed and frustrated. My exam will be on the 18th of February.

Thank you, and good luck to all of you.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GPA: 3.9
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Hi chums !

I am 22, male, Indian, almost an engineer. I am called Anurag, and am sort of new new to this forum, so it will take some time before I get familiarized with how this club works. Hope I will be able to manage with a bit of your help. I plan to take the GMAT in another 4-5 months, and am looking forward to a fruitful exposure with all of you.

Thanks
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64  ...  66