Last visit was: 05 May 2024, 03:55 It is currently 05 May 2024, 03:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 102
Concentration: Operations, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.83
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 53
Send PM
Re: Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
hopefullythisyear wrote:
2positive wrote:
My interview is in Dubai on 28th. Plan to be there two days in advance with a couple of friends. Would be glad to meet other applicants!

Hey! I am based out of Dubai. How about a mock TBD on 27th?

That's an awesome idea and I'm sure there'll be more people willing to participate since I already got several messages.

So guys who are going to Dubai for interview pm me and I will set up a group in Facebook or whatever else so we can arrange mock TBD on evening of Feb 27th.

And hopefullythisyear, since you're local, choice of place for the mock TBD is up to you :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 82 [0]
Given Kudos: 87
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GRE 1: Q170 V160
Send PM
CrucialTaunt wrote:
bimaldshah wrote:
It just seems like 30+ is automatic rejection. I am in the same boat (33 years old). Got ding from CBS, HBS, and Wharton.

I don't intend to sound contrary, but wanted to give at least a little hope to 30+ candidates: I'm 34 (will be 35 at time of matriculation) and have been invited to interview. Anecdotal evidence tells me that HBS, Wharton and GSB all shy away from 30+ candidates, but I hope to be the exception to that. I assumed I would get the ding from Wharton and am still stunned I was invited (I didn't even flinch when I saw the ding from HBS). I woke up this morning convinced that Wharton made a mistake and any minute now I will get an email telling me my interview has been cancelled.

I guess it just goes to show that there is no crystal ball that will tell us how this process will shake out.

Best of luck to everyone, especially my fellow old geezers. Perhaps we can form our own B-school inside the rest home. (Hearing aids for everyone! Midday naptime! All-you-can-eat Jello!)

Cheers,
Crucial

Congrats Crucial. This is really good to know. Hope you get admit after interview.

A quick question, did you justify on age factor anywhere in your main essay or optional essay? Or was it just normal essay?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
2positive wrote:
hopefullythisyear wrote:
2positive wrote:
My interview is in Dubai on 28th. Plan to be there two days in advance with a couple of friends. Would be glad to meet other applicants!

Hey! I am based out of Dubai. How about a mock TBD on 27th?

That's an awesome idea and I'm sure there'll be more people willing to participate since I already got several messages.

So guys who are going to Dubai for interview pm me and I will set up a group in Facebook or whatever else so we can arrange mock TBD on evening of Feb 27th.

And hopefullythisyear, since you're local, choice of place for the mock TBD is up to you :)

Brilliant idea for sure. I'd also join you guys for the mock-up! Let me know.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Hey! I am based out of Dubai. How about a mock TBD on 27th?[/quote]

And hopefullythisyear, since you're local, choice of place for the mock TBD is up to you :)[/quote]

Brilliant idea for sure. I'd also join you guys for the mock-up! Let me know.[/quote]

Great news! DIFC, Costa Coffee, 7PM, 27th Feb.

Those not from Dubai, drop me a PM if you need directions. It's the same building where we have our actual TBDs.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Ok! See you at then :D
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Does Wharton give feedback for dinged applicants (like Yale does)?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GPA: 3.75
Send PM

Originally posted by johnstonphil on 11 Feb 2016, 11:47.
Last edited by johnstonphil on 15 Feb 2016, 15:54, edited 1 time in total.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3626 [0]
Given Kudos: 816
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
jz4analytics wrote:

No , it does not provide any feedback. I asked them yesterday. Not many schools do.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Engr2012 wrote:
jz4analytics wrote:

No , it does not provide any feedback. I asked them yesterday. Not many schools do.

Okay, thanks. I think Tuck might, if I recall correctly (although I didn't apply there, some here have). And Yale SOM does. Maybe not many others.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [3]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GRE 1: Q157 V166

GRE 2: Q160 V167

GRE 3: Q163 V166
GPA: 3.72
WE:Law (Law)
Send PM