Last visit was: 06 May 2024, 14:56 It is currently 06 May 2024, 14:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: CBS '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
Schools: CBS '18 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q44 V47
GPA: 3.4
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 670 Q44 V38
WE:Research (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Re: Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
Kudos
So i just got the email that there's an update to my application. Which is code for Ding lol. I didn't even bother opening it and have deleted that sh!t.

No time for negative vibes lol.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Sots wrote:
So i just got the email that there's an update to my application. Which is code for Ding lol. I didn't even bother opening it and have deleted that sh!t.

What about waitlist?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Wildabout wrote:
Sots wrote:

What about waitlist?

Meh.

But I guess it's a schroedinger's cat now and is both haha
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 82 [0]
Given Kudos: 87
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GRE 1: Q170 V160
Send PM
I applied to CBS in mid Nov'15 end and got dinged. Is it worth applying in June'16 ED now? In my application, there wont be major change except increased work responsibilities or better work exposure. GMAT I had already improved 2 weeks after submitting RD application in Dec'15.
I will ask Experts in a separate thread, but for now can anyone with similar experience chime in here?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
popov wrote:
I applied to CBS in mid Nov'15 end and got dinged. Is it worth applying in June'16 ED now? In my application, there wont be major change except increased work responsibilities or better work exposure. GMAT I had already improved 2 weeks after submitting RD application in Dec'15.
I will ask Experts in a separate thread, but for now can anyone with similar experience chime in here?

I'm sure your other apps will go well, so dont lose hope. If you are dead set on going to Columbia then, yeah go for ED next year. But if you get admitted to any of the schools you've listed, I don't see the point in waiting tbh.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V46
GPA: 3.23
WE:Consulting (Real Estate)
Send PM
ladylazarus wrote:
Following the interview, I haven't received a decision/response 3 weeks out...
Is the "goal" of getting back within 2 weeks spot-on, or is this an issue that I should look into?
I mean, is it taboo or frowned upon to reach out and see if something went awry (you know, besides getting dinged)?

Did you receive confirmation that your interviewer submitted feedback?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Submitted 1/19, received my interview invite this morning
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
Send PM
Dinged for August entry. However I received this message on my portal, is this the standard ding reply? :

"Dear XX,

Thank you for applying to Columbia Business School. Unfortunately, after reviewing your application for August 2016 entry, the Admission Committee is unable to offer you a place. However, based on the strength of your professional background, stated career goals, and personal profile, the Committee thinks you might be a better fit for our January program.

The January program offers the same core curriculum, world-class professors, and MBA degree, but allows students to complete the MBA in 16 consecutive months with no summer internship. This program is specifically designed for those who do not need an internship to reach their short term professional goals. If you are interested in exploring the January program visit our website to learn more.

Although there is no guarantee of admission, we encourage you to investigate this option. Should you have an interest in applying for the January program, please contact Assistant Director of Admissions Rachael Lubetkin at rl2621@columbia.edu and, for more information about the reapplication process, see our website.

We thank you for your interest in Columbia Business School and are sorry that we must disappoint you at this time. However, if the January program fits your plans, we hope to hear from you again.

Sincerely,

MBA Admissions
Columbia Business School"
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.48
WE:Other (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
Kudos
Midnight_express wrote:
Dinged for August entry. However I received this message on my portal, is this the standard ding reply? :

"Dear XX,

Thank you for applying to Columbia Business School. Unfortunately, after reviewing your application for August 2016 entry, the Admission Committee is unable to offer you a place. However, based on the strength of your professional background, stated career goals, and personal profile, the Committee thinks you might be a better fit for our January program.

The January program offers the same core curriculum, world-class professors, and MBA degree, but allows students to complete the MBA in 16 consecutive months with no summer internship. This program is specifically designed for those who do not need an internship to reach their short term professional goals. If you are interested in exploring the January program visit our website to learn more.

Although there is no guarantee of admission, we encourage you to investigate this option. Should you have an interest in applying for the January program, please contact Assistant Director of Admissions Rachael Lubetkin at rl2621@columbia.edu and, for more information about the reapplication process, see our website.

We thank you for your interest in Columbia Business School and are sorry that we must disappoint you at this time. However, if the January program fits your plans, we hope to hear from you again.

Sincerely,

MBA Admissions

Nope no standard at all! I got dinged and didn't get that message.

Hope this helps!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 4
Send PM
Kudos
Midnight_express wrote:

"Dear XX,

Sincerely,

MBA Admissions

I've heard very few examples of people getting a mail asking candidates to reapply in J-term. But in your case, it is not clear whether they want u to reapply or just transfer application to J-term batch.
You should try to set up a call with admissions to understand what their exact thought is. Do not say yes or no, just say u want to evaluate this option by speaking to a few J-term alums and students. They usually do not start filling slots for J-term until May, which in this case should be May 16. But do not wait till May, show your commitment to join Columbia.
Im not sure, but to the best of my knowledge, I think the deposit commitment is around $2k. The second deposit of $1k is due in Dec I think.
So keep all these things in perspective while evaluating this option.
Best of luck!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 720 Q42 V47
GPA: 2.67
WE:Information Technology (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Wildabout wrote:
Just curious, anyone on the older end of the spectrum applying/getting interviews? 29, 30, and beyond?
I am 31...

I realize I'm a little late here, but I'm 35. So at least you're not the oldest applicant.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
NathanielA wrote:
Wildabout wrote:
Just curious, anyone on the older end of the spectrum applying/getting interviews? 29, 30, and beyond?
I am 31...

I realize I'm a little late here, but I'm 35. So at least you're not the oldest applicant.

nice, well, I won't lie, that is comforting
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 102
Concentration: Operations, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.83
Send PM
NathanielA wrote:
Wildabout wrote:
I am 31...

Welcome to the 30's club with big MBA dreams!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q46 V48
GPA: 3.47
Send PM
I just got dinged but they recommended I apply to the EMBA - Americas program, which is interesting, as I'm only 28. I am thinking about calling them and asking if I would instead be a potential candidate for the J Term.

Thank you for applying to Columbia Business School. Unfortunately, after reviewing your application for the 2016 August Regular Decision Full-Time MBA program, the Admissions Committee is unable to offer you a place. However, based on the strength of your professional background, years of work experience and personal profile, the Committee thinks you might be a better fit for our Executive MBA (EMBA) Americas program.

The EMBA Americas program offers the same core curriculum, world-class professors, and MBA degree. However, this program is designed for working professionals who will continue their career trajectories while earning a Columbia MBA. If you are interested in exploring this option, consider visiting our website and attending one of our information sessions to learn more. While the application process is similar, it is important to know that the Admissions Committee looks for different career goals for EMBA applicants.

Although there is no guarantee of admission, we encourage you to investigate this option. Should you have an interest in applying, please contact Mary The Trieu, Assistant Director of Admissions, at mtt2124@columbia.edu.

We thank you for your interest in Columbia Business School. If the EMBA Americas program fits your plans, we hope to hear from you again.

Sincerely,
The Admissions Committee
Intern
Intern
Send PM
whitman wrote:
I just got dinged but they recommended I apply to the EMBA - Americas program, which is interesting, as I'm only 28. I am thinking about calling them and asking if I would instead be a potential candidate for the J Term.

Thank you for applying to Columbia Business School. Unfortunately, after reviewing your application for the 2016 August Regular Decision Full-Time MBA program, the Admissions Committee is unable to offer you a place. However, based on the strength of your professional background, years of work experience and personal profile, the Committee thinks you might be a better fit for our Executive MBA (EMBA) Americas program.

The EMBA Americas program offers the same core curriculum, world-class professors, and MBA degree. However, this program is designed for working professionals who will continue their career trajectories while earning a Columbia MBA. If you are interested in exploring this option, consider visiting our website and attending one of our information sessions to learn more. While the application process is similar, it is important to know that the Admissions Committee looks for different career goals for EMBA applicants.

Although there is no guarantee of admission, we encourage you to investigate this option. Should you have an interest in applying, please contact Mary The Trieu, Assistant Director of Admissions, at mtt2124@columbia.edu.

We thank you for your interest in Columbia Business School. If the EMBA Americas program fits your plans, we hope to hear from you again.

Sincerely,
The Admissions Committee

Sorry to hear that - hope it works out for you. Do you mind sharing when your interview report was submitted?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q46 V48
GPA: 3.47
Send PM
I didn't make it to the interview stage. I emailed asking to be considered for J-Term but don't anticipate much success there.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Accepted to Columbia by phone at 3:40pm CST on 2/26. Great way to start the weekend!

Female applicant from Chicago with a nontraditional startup background. Applied Regular Decision on 1/4, Interviewed 2/12 (Invited on 2/1).
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts