Last visit was: 14 May 2024, 16:47 It is currently 14 May 2024, 16:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [7]
Given Kudos: 36
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.09
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
Reserved Post.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.25
Send PM
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
Reserved post.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 149
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
Send PM
Applying MIT for the first time in R1 this year!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT Date: 07-11-2015
Send PM
Applying in round01.

Regards,
Mayank
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10054 [0]
Given Kudos: 4546
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi All, Application deadlines and instructions are added in the thread.

Good Luck!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Sloan '19 (A)
Send PM
1 question about LoR:

Who is an academic/technical recommender and who is not?

I get the "academic" part but on the techincal I'm quite confused, I've worked in manufcaturing industry and one of my recommender is ad Operations VP, is he a "Techinical" recommender?

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [2]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GRE 1: Q168 V164
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Kudos
What does the "Please Explain" box on the "Employment Information" section want?

Does it want a description of career history? Tasks? It's pretty vague...
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1428 [0]
Given Kudos: 572
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
MostlyHarmless12 wrote:
What does the "Please Explain" box on the "Employment Information" section want?

Does it want a description of career history? Tasks? It's pretty vague...

Provide a job scope statement for each position, and accomplishments space-permitting (but those should also be on the resume)
Job scope statement would include depth and breadth of responsibility in the organization, project scope, cross-functional teams, budgets, reports (dotted line or direct)
Tasks can be part of that, but include the big picture first.
Hope this helps! I will say, I haven't seen the app yet for this year so if this does not make sense, alert me!~
Thanks!
Farrell
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Send PM
FROM Sloan Admissions Blog: The Cover Letter for MIT Sloan’s MBA Application

We have received many questions this summer about our new cover letter requirement for the MBA Application.

Similar to a cover letter for a job, our cover letter is an opportunity for you to make a case for yourself: why you should be given one of the roughly 400 seats in our MBA program? Tell us how your perspectives and experiences will contribute to our community, and why MIT Sloan is the right place for you! Format the letter as you would for a traditional job application, addressed to my colleague Rod Garcia, Senior Director of Admissions. The body of the letter itself, excluding address information and salutations, should be no more than 250 words.

Stay tuned – we will be sharing more information about our evaluation process soon. Good luck as you begin your applications, and as always, feel free to reach outto us with any questions!

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Sloan Admissions Blog: The MIT Sloan Master of Finance Application is Here!
The application for our Master of Finance Program is now available! Our deadline this year is Thursday, January 5th at 3 p.m. If you have any questions about the program or the application process, be sure to sign up for our Admissions Webinar on August 31st.

We are hosting MFin breakfasts and info sessions around the world this fall—check out our event schedule and join us in a city near you. If you’re able to visit us on campus, we are hosting an Open House on October 6th. Please reach out if you have any questions. We look forward to receiving your applications!

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
Hi guys,
I am a reapplicant and was wondering how is everyone showcasing any updates in their application. I am considering addressing the changes in my application since last year in the optional essay.

Originally posted by Delyoshi on 23 Aug 2016, 11:36.
Last edited by Delyoshi on 08 Sep 2016, 22:16, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Sloan Admissions Blog: The Master of Business Analytics Application at MIT Sloan is Live!

The application for our newest program, the Master of Business Analytics, is online. This innovative one-year program prepares students for careers in the rapidly growing data analytics industry. Applications are due Monday, January 9th, 3pm EST.

Details about the program and the application process can be found here, including the class profile of the inaugural class starting this September! We also have several events coming up, including online chats, where you can learn more. Feel free to contact us with any questions!

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 91 [1]
Given Kudos: 62
Send PM
Kudos
Hi to all Sloan applicants from TopDogMBA!

I wanted to make you aware of my blog at https://topdogmba.com.

I'm a current Sloan student with experience applying to various b schools and the ups and downs of the MBA application process. I've spoken with lots of Class of 2017 and 2018 applicants, and hope there's some useful information for you on my blog.

I'm available for any specific questions you might have about applying to MIT Sloan, the program itself and life on campus, as well as general application questions. Feel free to add them to my GMATClub forum here.

Thanks and good luck future Class of 2019! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
I am also a re-applicant - I interviewed, was waitlisted for round 1, then rejected in April.

I had a chance to meet members of the admissions team at an event in NYC recently and they mentioned that the application reader will have access to last year's material when reviewing the new application.

From the FAQ for re-applicants on the website, they also state you can use the optional essay to address this.

Delyoshi wrote:
Hi guys,
I am a reapplicant and was wondering how is everyone showcasing any updates in their application. I am considering addressing the changes in my application since last year in the optional essay.

Best regards,
Ayush Awadhiya
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
I have a few questions regarding the resume.
1) Does MIT prefer a strictly professional resume or do they encourage a creative resume (different formatting, colors .etc., basically the feel of a very simple portfolio).
2) Does anyone have a link to the resume template that Sloan used to give with their online applications.
3) Is it important or advisable to include an "Objective" in the resume?
4) Should education precede work experience in order.
5) Should I be adding skills, traits and interests in the resume?

Thanks for any help guys!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: International Business, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.73
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
How many of you are submitting multimedia or a video instead of an essay?
School Moderator - Stanford MSx
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 91
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GPA: 3.77
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
I exactly have the same questions. Can anyone advice please...

harsh2193 wrote:
I have a few questions regarding the resume.
1) Does MIT prefer a strictly professional resume or do they encourage a creative resume (different formatting, colors .etc., basically the feel of a very simple portfolio).
2) Does anyone have a link to the resume template that Sloan used to give with their online applications.
3) Is it important or advisable to include an "Objective" in the resume?
4) Should education precede work experience in order.
5) Should I be adding skills, traits and interests in the resume?

Thanks for any help guys!
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  25   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6927 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts