Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 19:11 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 19:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 58 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
Does anyone know if re-applicants that had a self-initiated interview for their previous application (but not for the current one) need to receive an interview invite or if the admissions committee will just use the self-initiated interview from last year again?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
iby1229 wrote:
Does anyone know if re-applicants that had a self-initiated interview for their previous application (but not for the current one) need to receive an interview invite or if the admissions committee will just use the self-initiated interview from last year again?

Generally they use previous one (last year's), but they may also invite you to interview again if they need additional info from you.
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: Q&A with Tuck Student Ambassador: Roy Movshovitz-Moav

Tuck's Student Ambassador Team collaborates with the Admissions Office to share their Tuck experience with prospective students. The Team is structured by geographical region, with an SAT Captain leading each. In the following months, we'll introduce you to them starting with Roy Movshovitz-Moav, T'18 and Middle-East Captain. Please reach out to Roy or any other Student Ambassador using this website. They love to connect with future Tuckies, especially when they're from "home"!

Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?

I was born and raised in Jerusalem, Israel but spent most of my adult years in Tel Aviv. After completing a 6.5 year-long service in the Israeli Air Force, I started working for Aeronautics Ltd, one of Israel's leading drone manufacturers/exporters. While working full-time at Aeronautics, I attended Tel-Aviv University and earned a degree in the Humanities and Economics. I'm currently exploring career options for post-Tuck, but am drawn to roles in consulting and tech.

Why Tuck?

Three reasons: 

• Location—living in the amazing Upper Valley is really an opportunity of a lifetime.
  • Community—the relatively small class size means that within weeks you get to know most, if not all, of your classmates.
  • Faculty—there's hardly a day that goes by at Tuck without being amazed by our professors. By incorporating their research into class they make every session unique and powerful.

Everyone at Tuck chooses a different path. What’s your life at Tuck like?

I'm currently involved in the Consulting Club, Tech Club, Outdoors Club and the Jewish Club. I spend the remainder of the time with my wonderful wife and our dog Benny. On the weekend you'll probably find me playing Tripod Hockey and basketball.

Transformational Moment

Sitting in Cook auditorium on the last day of orientation and hearing dean Slaughter talk about our role as future leaders in our society. 

Why did you join the Student Ambassador Team?

I find the role super rewarding! As someone who was recently an applicant himself, I believe I can help many others who are currently debating about b-school or Tuck. Specifically, I'm interested in reaching out and developing more interest in my home region. 

What surprised you most about Tuck?

The number of opportunities to take on a leadership role and the number of social events that take place on campus or in Sachem Village.

Any advice for prospective students?

Maybe the most common one, but surely the best one—just be yourself! There is no alternative to being genuine through the process and knowing that the program you chose is right for who you are.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Send PM
helloschool wrote:
iby1229 wrote:

Generally they use previous one (last year's), but they may also invite you to interview again if they need additional info from you.

Thanks for the info!
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51457 [1]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Just submitted for the November round. Cheers and luck to everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.57
WE:Architecture (Real Estate)
Send PM
I was checking the application tracker, and I saw varoon27 change his/her status to denied, I was under the impression that Tuck does not have rolling reject/admit policy. What do you guys know/think?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GPA: 3.19
Send PM
I emailed and asked because why not. I'll update if I get a response.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Engineering (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Hello ppl,

So I applied to Tuck for EA round and received an email on 12th October stating that my application was complete and being submitted for review. I haven't heard from them since then. What should I make of this. Am I dinged? I would like to add that my achievements and awards section of the application was blank because I don't have anything significant to highlight. Can this lead to a definite ding?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 131 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 690 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.9
WE:Information Technology (Consumer Products)
Send PM
HaddyPainkiller wrote:
Hello ppl,

So I applied to Tuck for EA round and received an email on 12th October stating that my application was complete and being submitted for review. I haven't heard from them since then. What should I make of this. Am I dinged? I would like to add that my achievements and awards section of the application was blank because I don't have anything significant to highlight. Can this lead to a definite ding?

Dont lose hope painkiller. Its not over till its over. Did you get the interview done yet or no ?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mbsingh wrote:
HaddyPainkiller wrote:
Hello ppl,

Dont lose hope painkiller. Its not over till its over. Did you get the interview done yet or no ?

Thanks for the encouragement. I haven't received an invite yet. What happens to be the last date for interview invites. I have seen very few people reporting that they have received invites.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
HaddyPainkiller wrote:
mbsingh wrote:
HaddyPainkiller wrote:
Hello ppl,

Thanks for the encouragement. I haven't received an invite yet. What happens to be the last date for interview invites. I have seen very few people reporting that they have received invites.

Dont quote me on this but don't you have to initiate the interview on your own ?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Yes mbsingh you are partially correct. Applicant initiated interviews are on-campus only. If an applicant is unable to visit the campus than he/she will receive an invitation for interview.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GPA: 3.19
Send PM
Directly from the admissions office

"Interview invites can be issued at any time throughout the application round; there is no deadline. If you do not receive an invitation, it is not an indicator one way or another of your application status. "
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
erose wrote:
Directly from the admissions office

"Interview invites can be issued at any time throughout the application round; there is no deadline. If you do not receive an invitation, it is not an indicator one way or another of your application status. "

Thanks for the information erose.

Where will tuck take you ? - An interesting webinar about opportunities for future tuckies.
https://videos.tuck.dartmouth.edu/ode/public/0_2w5turib
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: Waiting for the Institution Revolution

By Tom Allin T'17

On a Thursday morning earlier this semester, I had the opportunity to attend a lunch conversation with Brian Gallagher, the CEO of United Way Worldwide. The next day, James Comey, the Director of the FBI, sent a short letter to Congress, informing lawmakers that––due to the discovery of new evidence––the Bureau would be reopening its investigation of Hillary Clinton’s use of a private server for email.

On the face of it, these two events are not related. This will not be a post about the election or email servers. Instead, it will be about institutions.

As Mr. Gallagher described in our conversation, the United Way has gone through a series of shifts––from an organization set up to provide for an industrializing society to a “fundraising organization” (his words) and, most recently, to “an institution that has relationships across society.” In his telling, the United Way was founded to create an infrastructure of support for people moving from rural communities to rapidly forming urban ones. Organizations, like the United Way, existed to address needs unmet by government, community and business.

Then things changed again. Migration patterns shifted; demographics changed; technologies evolved; the United States began to shift away from an economy of persistent growth; and the social contract began to change.

While in the past, American communities may have looked to business (with its plentiful jobs and healthy pensions) or government for help, a more divided and diverse country might feel a lack of trustworthy institutions that can capably keep us together and push forward.

All of this brings us to the FBI––long considered a trusted, objective institution––which has found itself under increasing fire from both sides of the political aisle for doing too little or too much (depending on with whom you’re talking) in this year’s election. But, regardless of opinion, a less-than-fringe outcry against an institution, like the FBI, suggests that institutions in today’s society are in for extremely difficult days ahead––and it’s why I was particularly interested in Mr. Gallagher’s assertion that the United Way was looking to shift more decisively into (or further into) the world of institutions.

As it stands today, there doesn’t seem to be an abundance of new institutions that are best reacting to our rapidly changing world––and only slightly more old institutions that are. Going forward, it will be interesting to observe not only which institutions—like the United Way—step into the void left by a changing world, but also which ones will do it well.

Our economy––and our country––may depend on it.

The Center for Business, Government & Society is focused on meeting the evolving complexities facing business leaders in today’s global economy. In the context of globalization and technological advancement, business success increasingly depends on reconciling the interests of its immediate stakeholders with the broader, deeply intertwined interests of both governments and society. Business leaders adept at navigating these many interests will be better equipped and empowered to help build a more sustainable global economy.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Tuck '19 (M$)
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.2
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Anyone from EA not yet receive their email that the application is being reviewed?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Yale '19 (A)
Send PM
HaddyPainkiller wrote:
mbsingh wrote:
HaddyPainkiller wrote:
Hello ppl,

I see about 10 people reporting interview invites on the live wire. Not sure if that's a low or high number. I'm also anxiously waiting. Let's hope they come sooner rather than later.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  29   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts