It is currently 10 Dec 2017, 17:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Mar 2016
Posts: 58

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Location: United States
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.57
WE: Architecture (Real Estate)
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2016, 11:06
dagthepowerful wrote:
vra123 wrote:
Have people received notifications that they have failed to make the cut? Or are emails getting sent out only for interview invites? I had applied in the EA round (Oct 5 deadline), on deadline day. I still haven't received any communication from Tuck. And I see that Dec 16 is listed as the decision day.


Did you get an email that said they were reviewing your application? I got an email saying that a month after I submitted the application. If you haven't gotten that email, maybe something went wrong when you submitted the application.


I applied on the 5th and have been receiving emails about tuck marketing - but I did not get an email saying my application was under review, etc. the online status shows submitted. I had visited and interviewed before applying so; that's that?

did everyone receive the "your application being reviewed" email or anyone's status has changed from being something other than "submitted"?

Thanks for the support guys, good luck for 16th stay strong.

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 04 Oct 2016
Posts: 35

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.91
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2016, 13:03
vineetbhosle1 wrote:

I applied on the 5th and have been receiving emails about tuck marketing - but I did not get an email saying my application was under review, etc. the online status shows submitted. I had visited and interviewed before applying so; that's that?

did everyone receive the "your application being reviewed" email or anyone's status has changed from being something other than "submitted"?

Thanks for the support guys, good luck for 16th stay strong.


So I applied in the early action round (interviewed before that in September some time). I got this email on October 20th:


Emily Huelskamp Emily.A.Huelskamp@tuck.dartmouth.edu via technolutions.net
Oct 20

to me
Hello xxxxxxxxxxxxxx,

Thank you for submitting an application to The Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth.

This is just a quick note to let you know that your file is now complete and has been forwarded to a member of the Admissions Committee for review.

-Emily



I heard of others getting similar emails as well.

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 16 Aug 2016
Posts: 10

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2016, 13:12
dagthepowerful wrote:
vineetbhosle1 wrote:

I applied on the 5th and have been receiving emails about tuck marketing - but I did not get an email saying my application was under review, etc. the online status shows submitted. I had visited and interviewed before applying so; that's that?

did everyone receive the "your application being reviewed" email or anyone's status has changed from being something other than "submitted"?

Thanks for the support guys, good luck for 16th stay strong.


So I applied in the early action round (interviewed before that in September some time). I got this email on October 20th:


Emily Huelskamp Emily.A.Huelskamp@tuck.dartmouth.edu via technolutions.net
Oct 20

to me
Hello xxxxxxxxxxxxxx,

Thank you for submitting an application to The Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth.

This is just a quick note to let you know that your file is now complete and has been forwarded to a member of the Admissions Committee for review.

-Emily



I heard of others getting similar emails as well.



I got a similar email.

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Mar 2016
Posts: 58

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Location: United States
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.57
WE: Architecture (Real Estate)
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2016, 14:13
dagthepowerful wrote:
vineetbhosle1 wrote:

I applied on the 5th and have been receiving emails about tuck marketing - but I did not get an email saying my application was under review, etc. the online status shows submitted. I had visited and interviewed before applying so; that's that?

did everyone receive the "your application being reviewed" email or anyone's status has changed from being something other than "submitted"?

Thanks for the support guys, good luck for 16th stay strong.


So I applied in the early action round (interviewed before that in September some time). I got this email on October 20th:


Emily Huelskamp Emily.A.Huelskamp@tuck.dartmouth.edu via technolutions.net
Oct 20

to me
Hello xxxxxxxxxxxxxx,

Thank you for submitting an application to The Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth.

This is just a quick note to let you know that your file is now complete and has been forwarded to a member of the Admissions Committee for review.

-Emily



I heard of others getting similar emails as well.


xxxxxxxxxx is a pretty bad ass name. Yes ! I did get that email, i just checked it, thanks for the reply. Also admissions office was super quick to let me know that our application status "submitted" will only change after 16th. Also, the decisions will be online on 16th at 5 PM EST. What a start to the weekend.

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 04 Oct 2016
Posts: 35

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.91
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2016, 15:04
vineetbhosle1 wrote:
xxxxxxxxxx is a pretty bad ass name. Yes ! I did get that email, i just checked it, thanks for the reply. Also admissions office was super quick to let me know that our application status "submitted" will only change after 16th. Also, the decisions will be online on 16th at 5 PM EST. What a start to the weekend.


Thanks, yeah my parents had a hard time coming up with my name and just decided to go with xxxxxxxxxx.
Well, that's just in time to know if you're going out to celebrate or home to wallow! Looks like you'll have some other decisions before the 16th from other schools, so hopefully there's good news next week for some or all of those schools!

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Mar 2012
Posts: 11

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2016, 00:59
Any interview invites for the November round (R2) out yet? When do you think they start rolling out?

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 13 Nov 2013
Posts: 272

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2016, 09:00
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: Dan Reicher Delivers Energized Talk to Kick-off Irving Institute Speaker Series
Image
By Viveka Ranjitsinh T’17

Dan Reicher D’78 is currently the executive director of the Steyer-Taylor Center for Energy Policy and Finance at Stanford University. Prior to this role he directed climate change and energy initiatives at Google, co-founded a private equity firm investing in clean energy projects, and served as assistant secretary of energy for energy efficiency and renewable energy during the Clinton administration.

As the first speaker in a series of lectures sponsored by the Arthur L. Irving Institute for Energy and Society, it was only fitting that Dan Reicher D'78, a Dartmouth alumnus whose career has spanned the worlds of energy policy, finance, and technology, was invited to deliver the talk. In the true spirit of the Institute’s mission, the event gathered students and faculty from the various departments of the Dartmouth undergraduate campus, the Tuck School of Business, the Thayer School of Engineering, and the local community.

Mr. Reicher’s talk focused on a multi-faceted approach to shaping our energy future—one that draws upon cross-collaboration between smart policy, efficient technologies, and robust financing. Image
Structured around four case studies—energy efficiency, wind power, nuclear energy, and carbon storage—his talk illustrated some of the frontiers that will emerge between now and the $48 trillion energy economy of 2035.

From a student’s perspective, it was inspiring to learn about the immense opportunities that lay before us as we look to build impactful energy careers. It was also fascinating to learn about companies like Hywind, Calera, Clean Line and even Goldman Sachs who, in their own domains, are working to develop new energy solutions for the future. Mr. Reicher also cited potential future innovations in the policy arena like private activity bonds and energy efficiency requirements as part of mortgage appraisals.

Mr. Reicher is a testament to the caliber and quality of speaker that the Irving Institute will be able to bring the campus for years to come. We are all eagerly awaiting the next event!

The Revers Center for Energy inspires and shapes tomorrow's leaders in energy while engaging today's energy community. It aspires to establish Tuck as the preeminent business school for learning practical leadership in the energy industry.
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

_________________

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience.

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 29 Sep 2015
Posts: 183

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 8

Location: United States
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2016, 11:34
vishal205 wrote:
Any interview invites for the November round (R2) out yet? When do you think they start rolling out?


They started from last week. I have heard several people in Nov Round got invites from last week till early this week, not so many ppl though.

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 8

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 28 Jul 2014
Posts: 13

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 17

Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2016, 01:49
helloschool wrote:
vishal205 wrote:
Any interview invites for the November round (R2) out yet? When do you think they start rolling out?


They started from last week. I have heard several people in Nov Round got invites from last week till early this week, not so many ppl though.


Got mine on Nov 30th

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 17

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Mar 2012
Posts: 11

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2016, 01:55
bschool3 wrote:
helloschool wrote:
vishal205 wrote:
Any interview invites for the November round (R2) out yet? When do you think they start rolling out?


They started from last week. I have heard several people in Nov Round got invites from last week till early this week, not so many ppl though.


Got mine on Nov 30th


Good stuff, where are you based ? Any Indian applicants got invites for R2?

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 28 Jul 2014
Posts: 13

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 17

Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2016, 07:15
Based in East Africa

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 17

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 13 Nov 2013
Posts: 272

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2016, 12:00
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: Student Panel: The Impact & Influence of Women at Tuck
Image
This fall, Pat Harrison, Interim Co-Director of Admissions, hosted a panel conversation with current students, entitled “Impact and Influence: How Women Make a Difference at Tuck*.” This webinar explores the many ways women make a difference and find their place at Tuck.

Hear their discussions about being supported and empowered both academically and from a career standpoint; how Tuck has helped them have an impact in ways that important to them; learn about some of the unique pathways students take. They also chat about specific organizations and initiatives that enrich the MBA experience for our female students.

The webinar specifically touches on:

  • Tuck’s uniquely supportive and collaborative community and the impact it has on academics (TAs, tutors, faculty support, core curriculum), career (CDO, alumni network, career-focused clubs), and the social experience.
  • Tuck’s size and location and how it fosters the community.
  • How engaged students are, and how they’re able to take on multiple leadership roles making a real impact on the school/broader Tuck community.
  • Specific information about the Dean’s Fellows program, the Women in Business Club (WIB), the Women in Business Conference (WIBC), the Initiative for Women, center fellows, the student board, planning Admitted Students Weekend, and being a Tuck Admissions Associate (second-year interviewer).
  • Access students have to faculty, administration, recruiters, and alumni.

Watch until the end for an interactive Q&A session—see what other prospective Tuckies have on their mind.

*Unfortunately, Tuck’s webinars do not work in Chrome. Please enjoy in a different browser, such as Internet Explorer or Firefox. 
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

_________________

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience.

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Jan 2016
Posts: 21

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2016, 17:11
based on last year's thread, at this time a week from now and into tomorrow, admitted students will be receiving phone calls...does that sound correct?

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Mar 2016
Posts: 58

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Location: United States
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.57
WE: Architecture (Real Estate)
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2016, 21:45
thex11factor wrote:
based on last year's thread, at this time a week from now and into tomorrow, admitted students will be receiving phone calls...does that sound correct?


A week before 16th? Will they start the notifications? I guess we will see the Admit updates on the tracker - Either way one week before a lot of hearts broken!

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Jan 2016
Posts: 21

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2016, 22:06
vineetbhosle1 wrote:
thex11factor wrote:
based on last year's thread, at this time a week from now and into tomorrow, admitted students will be receiving phone calls...does that sound correct?


A week before 16th? Will they start the notifications? I guess we will see the Admit updates on the tracker - Either way one week before a lot of hearts broken!

oops, meant to write "a week from today/tomorrow"

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 29 Sep 2015
Posts: 183

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 8

Location: United States
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2016, 00:42
They will start calls from 15th daytime till 16th. By 16th lunch time, the calls will stop. (If hearing nothing by that time, which means ding/WL)
At 5pm ET on 16th, all results will be released on system.

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 8

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Feb 2014
Posts: 13

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Location: United States (TX)
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.5
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2016, 07:14
Did everyone receive the same email from Tuck this morning with the subject line "Instructions for Accessing Your Tuck Application Decision"?

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Oct 2016
Posts: 28

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Location: United States
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
GRE 1: 331 Q169 V162
GPA: 3.8
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2016, 07:21
npgolf wrote:
Did everyone receive the same email from Tuck this morning with the subject line "Instructions for Accessing Your Tuck Application Decision"?


Yeah I received it too. I read the e-mail when I was still half-asleep and thought I had gotten dinged early.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Mar 2016
Posts: 58

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Location: United States
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.57
WE: Architecture (Real Estate)
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2016, 08:15
mrteacher wrote:
npgolf wrote:
Did everyone receive the same email from Tuck this morning with the subject line "Instructions for Accessing Your Tuck Application Decision"?


Yeah I received it too. I read the e-mail when I was still half-asleep and thought I had gotten dinged early.


Geez man Yale and Booth admits ! - I would be sleeping quite calmly if i were you ! :-D congrats !

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Jan 2016
Posts: 21

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2016, 16:12
npgolf wrote:
Did everyone receive the same email from Tuck this morning with the subject line "Instructions for Accessing Your Tuck Application Decision"?


yeah, received this and a marketing e-mail

good luck everyone!

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!   [#permalink] 09 Dec 2016, 16:12

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  29    Next  [ 567 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: mbsingh



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.