Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 15:37 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 15:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V31
GMAT 2: 740 Q51 V39
WE:Management Consulting (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51453 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 4
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Schools: Booth '20 (M)
Re: Calling all Booth 2018 Applicants (Class of 2020) [#permalink]
CorporateFinancier wrote:
For those who will interview on campus - in which hotel do you guys plan to stay? Any reasonably priced but well-located suggestions?

Sent from my MI 6 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

I booked a morning flight in and an evening flight out, given that my interview is mid-day.

Posted from my mobile device

Posted from my mobile device
Alum
Send PM
Expert Reply
My interview is this Tuesday. My interviewer was kind enough to ask if I want to get it done with soon or wait and prepare. I told him I’ll take the weekend and Monday to prepare. Not sure if it was a wise decision.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GPA: 3.23
Send PM
For those who will interview on campus - in which hotel do you guys plan to stay? Any reasonably priced but well-located suggestions?

I have this same question! I fly in late the night before my interview, so was considering just staying by the airport... but concerned with potential traffic in the AM. I looked on the University of Chicago website, and they have suggestions for accommodations here: https://visit.uchicago.edu/accommodations.shtml
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Schools: Booth '20 (M)
donnamoss wrote:

I have this same question! I fly in late the night before my interview, so was considering just staying by the airport... but concerned with potential traffic in the AM. I looked on the University of Chicago website, and they have suggestions for accommodations here: https://visit.uchicago.edu/accommodations.shtml

Are you flying into Midway or O'Hare? The commute from Midway to Booth is pretty consistently about 30 minutes. I haven't done O'Hare to Booth, but that commute will be more traffic dependent since you have to go across the entire city.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
So, what's our take on the Booth additional essay? I feel that I answered question 2 through my essays, and am most certainly not touching question 3, which leaves me with question 1. I assume this will be the same for many.

What I am thinking of right now is using a personal picture from an event/location that relates to the main theme of my application. My only worry is that they expect something more lighthearted, if that makes sense. To sum this up, I have no idea how to approach this essay. Tips more than welcome :)
Alum
Send PM
Expert Reply
_
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Interesting. I don't really agree that topic 3 is off limits - they wouldn't ask it if they did not think it was worth answering. Some people may have answered 1 and 2 elsewhere, for example.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.58
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
That's an interesting take.
I actually decided on using Q3 as soon as I received the invite, and am pretty sure I'll go through with it.
The adcom definitely knows that you are not going to go check your history of search and share THE last entry (FWIW, mine was a comedy song I like), but I'm sure you can dig up something that's not THE last thing you searched, but recent enough which provides information about you.
And these searches do reveal a lot. The question prompted me to take a look at my history, and wow.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V38
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.2
WE:General Management (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
I too will be going with the 3rd option as I feel through that I can really show a fit/connect with the school while revelaing something about myself.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V38
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.2
WE:General Management (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
-
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Unable to access this video here- and unable to find it on the internet

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Alum
Send PM
Expert Reply
Watch it on the computer. For some reason Tapatalk doesn’t let it work.

Manager
Manager
Send PM
souvik101990 wrote:

Thanks. It worked on my laptop. I definitely agree with her on the first prompt, but her take on 3rd prompt is way too extreme. I believe that I covered most of prompt 2 in my ppt, and thus it would be redundant to answer prompt 2. After watching the video, I'm even more convinced that I would be going with prompt 3 as it would provide an additional data point about me as a person.

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
gary611 wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:

Thanks. It worked on my laptop. I definitely agree with her on the first prompt, but her take on 3rd prompt is way too extreme. I believe that I covered most of prompt 2 in my ppt, and thus it would be redundant to answer prompt 2. After watching the video, I'm even more convinced that I would be going with prompt 3 as it would provide an additional data point about me as a person.

Can we get a poll going? How many of you submitted powerpoints as your essays? Was I the only one who wrote an actual essay? I'm not sure if it makes a difference but Q1 really jumped out at me now, so that's what I'm going with. I think I really introduced myself in my prior essay so this one can be more fun for me. Let's see if it pays off.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.81
Send PM
FreeMelania wrote:
Can we get a poll going? How many of you submitted powerpoints as your essays? Was I the only one who wrote an actual essay? I'm not sure if it makes a difference but Q1 really jumped out at me now, so that's what I'm going with. I think I really introduced myself in my prior essay so this one can be more fun for me. Let's see if it pays off.

I, too, was surprised that the video assumed that the ppt was the only choice. I make too many of them in my professional capacity to find them engaging (or even useful) as a medium for expressing myself in depth (though, perhaps, the superficiality is the strength of the medium).

Anyway, I wrote a formal essay and I'm doing Q1 to add a pop of color and creativity to my app.

Excellent username, by the way.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GPA: 3.23
Send PM
weezyf wrote:
FreeMelania wrote:

I, too, was surprised that the video assumed that the ppt was the only choice. I make too many of them in my professional capacity to find them engaging (or even useful) as a medium for expressing myself in depth (though, perhaps, the superficiality is the strength of the medium).

Anyway, I wrote a formal essay and I'm doing Q1 to add a pop of color and creativity to my app.

I feel like I'm a wild card. I did a traditional essay for my application, but I included a few pictures that emphasized things I said. For that reason I'm not going to do the first question, because it feels like I somewhat already did. I personally am leaning toward question #2, since my first essay was more personality based I think this was left unanswered.

Doesn't seem like there is a right or wrong answer and that everyone's application is different and we should go with whatever complements what we already submitted the best!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.81
Send PM
donnamoss wrote:
weezyf wrote:
FreeMelania wrote:

I feel like I'm a wild card. I did a traditional essay for my application, but I included a few pictures that emphasized things I said. For that reason I'm not going to do the first question, because it feels like I somewhat already did. I personally am leaning toward question #2, since my first essay was more personality based I think this was left unanswered.

Doesn't seem like there is a right or wrong answer and that everyone's application is different and we should go with whatever complements what we already submitted the best!

Agree completely that the choice very much depends on the applicant, and that there's no right or wrong answer to either the powerpoint/essay choice or the choice among these three questions. I'm just verbose as all get-out, so I had to use the essay (it was that, or use very, very small font on a few slides in the deck). I wish I'd thought to include some photos in my essay.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18  ...  37   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts