Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 22:09 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 22:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE:Analyst (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
WE:Analyst (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Booth 2018 Applicants (Class of 2020) [#permalink]
crackdmba wrote:
Congrats to all who received the interview invite.

I received the interview invite too. However, I have been asked to submit another essay (250 words, choice of 3 questions) on the online portal. Did anyone else receive a request to submit additional Short Answer?

Yes, I believe that is the case for everyone
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V34
GPA: 3.9
WE:Accounting (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
hugco94 wrote:
crackdmba wrote:

I received the interview invite too. However, I have been asked to submit another essay (250 words, choice of 3 questions) on the online portal. Did anyone else receive a request to submit additional Short Answer?

Hey fellas, I don't get it. Who got invites do they get it through mail or as a notification in their application platform? Where do I look? My status is still submitted and I don't have anything new in my email. What is that supposed to mean?

Whoever got invites the 350 word essay is short and not difficult. Best of luck.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V41
Send PM
Hi does anyone know where in Germany Booth conducts alumni interviews?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 4
Send PM
mba1009 wrote:
Anyone select an on-campus interview?

I opted for on-campus with a campus visit program, and I received a confirmation for the interview but not the visit program. Any idea if I should expect a confirmation for the campus visit program closer to the date?

Posted from my mobile device

I registered for the campus visit program separately on a general Booth portal (which is available for everyone) and received the confirmation.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
Send PM
SherzodM wrote:
hugco94 wrote:
crackdmba wrote:

Hey fellas, I don't get it. Who got invites do they get it through mail or as a notification in their application platform? Where do I look? My status is still submitted and I don't have anything new in my email. What is that supposed to mean?

Whoever got invites the 350 word essay is short and not difficult. Best of luck.
some people got direct mails that the status on the portal has changed and some people did not receive mail yet but directly checked the portal. Probably once you open application you can see an invite if it is there.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Day 5 torture begins. Ready for rejection. No hope left now

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
Send PM
CorporateFinancier wrote:
mba1009 wrote:

I opted for on-campus with a campus visit program, and I received a confirmation for the interview but not the visit program. Any idea if I should expect a confirmation for the campus visit program closer to the date?

I registered for the campus visit program separately on a general Booth portal (which is available for everyone) and received the confirmation.

Thank you! I saw you were interviewing on-campus as well. Any reason you chose to register through the general Booth portal instead of through the interview scheduling process? Just making sure I didn't miss a step!

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.95
Send PM
MBAfreako wrote:

Same boat lol

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Tuck '20 (S)
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
MBAfreako wrote:

Would be hard to swallow if I don't atleast get an interview. Means my profile is very weak . Booth interview is usually determinant of whether you are in the top 50 percent of the pool. It is reflective of your strength overall .

Had an interview last time around . This time the essays had become tougher . I thought I had raised my game . But looks like a ding . Have to live with it I guess . Hit the 'other' schools and swallow my ambitions .
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Schools: Booth '20 (M)
mba1009 wrote:
mba1009 wrote:

Thank you! I saw you were interviewing on-campus as well. Any reason you chose to register through the general Booth portal instead of through the interview scheduling process? Just making sure I didn't miss a step!

You should be good. The language in the interview portal says "If you are interested in participating in the program, please select that you'd like to participate when you schedule your interview." It doesn't look like it's necessary to register again in the general Booth portal.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3
Send PM
bs7391 wrote:
MBAfreako wrote:

Would be hard to swallow if I don't atleast get an interview. Means my profile is very weak . Booth interview is usually determinant of whether you are in the top 50 percent of the pool. It is reflective of your strength overall .

Had an interview last time around . This time the essays had become tougher . I thought I had raised my game . But looks like a ding . Have to live with it I guess . Hit the 'other' schools and swallow my ambitions .

It's a very tough and humiliating experience for sure. I mean HBS was a reach but I always thought Booth is "the one". I never thought I can't even score an interview. The hope is very dim for the rest of the schools for this round. I'm preparing for 2nd round now and probably will target the lower end of top 20, even 30.

Good luck all.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
mba1009 wrote:
mba1009 wrote:

I registered through the general portal for the other activities in order to be sure that I can attend them (I was not sure when I registered for the interview), and in the registration form I indicated that I'm on 'interviewing' stage in my process
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 5
GPA: 3.84
Send PM
danielng2512 wrote:
bs7391 wrote:
MBAfreako wrote:

It's a very tough and humiliating experience for sure. I mean HBS was a reach but I always thought Booth is "the one". I never thought I can't even score an interview. The hope is very dim for the rest of the schools for this round. I'm preparing for 2nd round now and probably will target the lower end of top 20, even 30.

Good luck all.

Exactly how I feel. Can’t believe I didn’t even get an interview and all the schools I applied in Rd 1 are tough schools so I think I’ll just start applying for other schools for Rd 2 now ☹️

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.95
Send PM
summerldr wrote:
danielng2512 wrote:
bs7391 wrote:
[quote="MBAfreako"]Day 5 torture begins. Ready for rejection. No hope left now

Good luck all.

Exactly how I feel. Can’t believe I didn’t even get an interview and all the schools I applied in Rd 1 are tough schools so I think I’ll just start applying for other schools for Rd 2 now ☹️

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app[/quote]

It’s 9am in Chicago. So we will know our fates within the next 8 hours. My productivity will be at a solid 0%

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
GPA: 3.23
Send PM
brucewu11 wrote:
DO NOT GIVE UP
Just got the invite this morning. There is still time, and they set the deadline at Fri because they do send out invites till Fri.
On a separate note, did everyone receive a new essay (or short answer, whatever you call it)?

Can't say if it's for everyone or not, but I got the additional essay as well!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Tuck '20 (S)
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
donnamoss wrote:
brucewu11 wrote:
DO NOT GIVE UP
Just got the invite this morning. There is still time, and they set the deadline at Fri because they do send out invites till Fri.
On a separate note, did everyone receive a new essay (or short answer, whatever you call it)?

Can't say if it's for everyone or not, but I got the additional essay as well!

Today ? Like right now ? Or before ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Last year the rejects started coming in 3 pm cst if I am not wrong?

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  9   10   11   12   13   14   15  ...  37   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts