Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 16:55 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 16:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
Send PM
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51457 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Alum
Send PM
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Off-Campus Interview Request
If you request an off-campus interview, you will be notified of your assignment or waiver via email within four to six weeks from the application deadline. Off-campus interviews are conducted by members of Kellogg’s Alumni Admissions Organization.

Interview Waiver
Due to the high demand for interviews and limited availability of interviewers, you may receive an interview waiver. Waivers will not have a negative impact on your candidacy.

Phone or Skype Interview
If your interview is waived, the admissions committee may contact you to schedule a phone or Skype interview. If you receive a waiver, you may not request a phone or Skype interview.

If your interview does get waived, you’ll get an email informing you of that. At that point you have two options. Either get selected for interview after they read your application or get denied in December.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Manager
Manager
Send PM
souvik101990 wrote:
If you request an off-campus interview, you will be notified of your assignment or waiver via email within four to six weeks from the application deadline. Off-campus interviews are conducted by members of Kellogg’s Alumni Admissions Organization.

Interview Waiver
Due to the high demand for interviews and limited availability of interviewers, you may receive an interview waiver. Waivers will not have a negative impact on your candidacy.

Phone or Skype Interview
If your interview is waived, the admissions committee may contact you to schedule a phone or Skype interview. If you receive a waiver, you may not request a phone or Skype interview.

If your interview does get waived, you’ll get an email informing you of that. At that point you have two options. Either get selected for interview after they read your application or get denied in December.

Now it's clear, thank you. So the most logical thing here is computerbased weeding out sort of system. They weed out best candidates, who get direct invites for the interviews. Others are automatically waived, and through that low-bracket they weed out those who are better.

For sure it is not the matter of luck. The russian girl who has been invited for the interview had very good tests scores and GPA, WE and so on. As one consultant told me "Ruslan, with your GPA you are always in low-bracket. You just need to wait and hope that there would be no professional athletes with GPA higher than yours. So it is more of a background thing."
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 201 [2]
Given Kudos: 71
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Kudos
asker4ik13 wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:

Interview Waiver

Phone or Skype Interview

Now it's clear, thank you. So the most logical thing here is computerbased weeding out sort of system. They weed out best candidates, who get direct invites for the interviews. Others are automatically waived, and through that low-bracket they weed out those who are better.

For sure it is not the matter of luck. The russian girl who has been invited for the interview had very good tests scores and GPA, WE and so on. As one consultant told me "Ruslan, with your GPA you are always in low-bracket. You just need to wait and hope that there would be no professional athletes with GPA higher than yours. So it is more of a background thing."

Nah dude. That's not how it works at all. It's all based on location. If you get a waiver THEN they'll look at your scores etc.

They also said to wait 4-6 weeks for your assignment and the 4 week mark is this Wednesday. My advice is to chill. Don't waste your time trying to come up with theories that can't be confirmed and definitely don't compare yourself to others.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FuturePM91 wrote:
asker4ik13 wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:

Interview Waiver

Phone or Skype Interview

Nah dude. That's not how it works at all. It's all based on location. If you get a waiver THEN they'll look at your scores etc.

They also said to wait 4-6 weeks for your assignment and the 4 week mark is this Wednesday. My advice is to chill. Don't waste your time trying to come up with theories that can't be confirmed and definitely don't compare yourself to others.

My friend is from Moscow as well as me. Or they are based on location of my house? :) anyway it is one month to wait at most. We'll see how it goes. But i am totally sure that thing is not random.

i am sorry guys. Didn't want to offend anyone or dissapoint. Good luck!

Manager
Manager
Send PM
Our conversation has reminded me of the movie Island with Scarlett Johansson and McGregor. And I am like that hairy guy who wanted to be chosen for the departure to mysterious island! :)) and he would speculate all the time and tried to calculate :))) who remembers that movie?

Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 201 [1]
Given Kudos: 71
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Kudos
No worries. We are obviously all in peak anxiety mode waiting on invitations. It is hard to not read into every little thing that happens but it will also save you a lot of stress to just try to go with the flow. I am also in the low GPA boat so I feel your pain for sure..I am immensely jealous of your Tepper invite!! Things are going to work out just fine for all of us I know regardless of what happens with any individual school. Best of luck to you.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 271 [0]
Given Kudos: 80
Send PM
asker4ik13 wrote:
Our conversation has reminded me of the movie Island with Scarlett Johansson and McGregor. And I am like that hairy guy who wanted to be chosen for the departure to mysterious island! :)) and he would speculate all the time and tried to calculate :))) who remembers that movie?

Love me some Ewan McGregor...
Alum
Send PM
Expert Reply
redfield wrote:
asker4ik13 wrote:

Love me some Ewan McGregor...

He was brilliant in the season 3 or Fargo.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
bk2018 wrote:
Had my alumni interview today and it went great, very conversational, had a really good connection. No surprise questions. She seemed interested in what I was saying and was eager to share her experiences and answer my questions. I wonder how much it weighs in the admissions process.

Does anyone know if they release all decisions at the same time on December 13?

I'm wondering about that too! About to have my alumni interview this Saturday and I'm wondering if it's just a waiting game until December 13 after the interview.

Did they ask you any questions about your weaknesses, what other schools you're applying to, why should we take you, more challenging questions like that?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.49
Send PM
I had some several surprising questions on mine. I really hope the interview isn’t a make or break...I think I did ok but I’ve definitely had much better interviews with other schools

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
gmathopeful19 wrote:
I had some several surprising questions on mine. I really hope the interview isn’t a make or break...I think I did ok but I’ve definitely had much better interviews with other schools

Can you give some examples? Were surprising questions more about yourself or about your knowledge of Kellogg?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3626 [0]
Given Kudos: 816
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
meridian91 wrote:
bk2018 wrote:
Had my alumni interview today and it went great, very conversational, had a really good connection. No surprise questions. She seemed interested in what I was saying and was eager to share her experiences and answer my questions. I wonder how much it weighs in the admissions process.

Does anyone know if they release all decisions at the same time on December 13?

I'm wondering about that too! About to have my alumni interview this Saturday and I'm wondering if it's just a waiting game until December 13 after the interview.

Did they ask you any questions about your weaknesses, what other schools you're applying to, why should we take you, more challenging questions like that?

Kellogg will release all its results on the results day with acceptance calls starting around 7-8 am (Central) and ding emails later in the afternoon/evening.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Anyone got an interview call from India. My anxiety is growing with each passing day
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GPA: 3.23
Send PM
meridian91 wrote:
gmathopeful19 wrote:

Can you give some examples? Were surprising questions more about yourself or about your knowledge of Kellogg?

I completed my on campus interview, and the advice that I would give is be able to tie everything to Kellogg and why you want an MBA. I was asked the basic questions, and then a follow up pertaining to the school. For example, I was asked about a weakness / area with room for improvement. After answering, the follow up was how would attending Kellogg allow for me to continue to improve in this area?

I had no real surprises - so I guess it just depends on the interviewer! Good luck to all :)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 271 [0]
Given Kudos: 80
Send PM
donnamoss wrote:

I had no real surprises - so I guess it just depends on the interviewer! Good luck to all :)

I wish it had been that easy for me. I spent days and days preparing and rehearsing bullet point answers. All went out the window as soon as we sat in a loud cafe next to a construction site. Plus the guy was not only soft-spoken but had no specificity in his questions which threw me off a bit.

So when I wasn't having to ask him to repeat the question or wait for construction to stop in between my answers he would say something along the lines of "when is a time your team had a toxic obstacle".

So I ask for clarification on if he meant an obstacle that led to tension within a team or a difficult obstacle (he was a non native English speaker so wanted to be sure I was answering the right question). To which he would respond, completely seriously "I don't know... whichever...neither...both". So I didn't say anything poorly but wow was I thrown off my game. He also deadpanned looked at me during my answers without nodding or smiling or...blinking...

Super nice guy and definitely smart but conversationally my interview was definitely with its challenges.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Human Resources, Technology
GPA: 3.53
WE:Human Resources (Consulting)
Send PM
Signed up for on-campus interview 10/23

Application Submitted on: 2017/09/20
Heard back via: Email
GMAT: 690, Q48, V36
GPA: 3.53
WE: 72 months
Industry: Consulting
Submited on: 2017/09/20
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GPA: 3.23
Send PM
redfield wrote:
donnamoss wrote:

I wish it had been that easy for me. I spent days and days preparing and rehearsing bullet point answers. All went out the window as soon as we sat in a loud cafe next to a construction site. Plus the guy was not only soft-spoken but had no specificity in his questions which threw me off a bit.

So when I wasn't having to ask him to repeat the question or wait for construction to stop in between my answers he would say something along the lines of "when is a time your team had a toxic obstacle".

So I ask for clarification on if he meant an obstacle that led to tension within a team or a difficult obstacle (he was a non native English speaker so wanted to be sure I was answering the right question). To which he would respond, completely seriously "I don't know... whichever...neither...both". So I didn't say anything poorly but wow was I thrown off my game. He also deadpanned looked at me during my answers without nodding or smiling or...blinking...

Super nice guy and definitely smart but conversationally my interview was definitely with its challenges.

Wow! Definitely a different experience. I would imagine that they take the interviewers' input with a grain of salt.

Also, while I had an overall positive experience... that doesn't necessarily mean I did well. I know at my current job if we're interviewing someone clearly under qualified we just throw them softballs... hope that's not the case here :lol:
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  16   17   18   19   20   21   22  ...  66   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts