It is currently 13 Dec 2017, 11:01

Decision(s) Day!:

CHAT Rooms | Ross R1 | Kellogg R1 | Darden R1 | Tepper R1


Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Expert Post
MBA Section Director
User avatar
D
Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 4736

Kudos [?]: 18059 [0], given: 1991

Location: India
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2017, 09:46
FuturePM91 wrote:
Yeah and it's not just Indians. No one in my area which is a pretty big business hub with lots of applicants has gotten an assignment either.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum


That's a good sign though. MUCH better than having had a couple folks interviewing while you don't. I went through that last year :(
_________________

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Kudos [?]: 18059 [0], given: 1991

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 15 Mar 2017
Posts: 22

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Location: Canada
GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V29
GMAT 2: 690 Q48 V36
GPA: 3.7
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2017, 12:27
For those ones with interview invites, if you were offered an interview invite with an alumni, how responsive were they?

It's been 5 days since I've sent him an email and yet, no response. Tried calling him today and it went straight to voicemail...
Should I contact the admissions team right away or give him the benefit of the doubt and wait 2 more days?

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 25 Aug 2016
Posts: 35

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2017, 12:29
bigbirdferda wrote:
For those ones with interview invites, if you were offered an interview invite with an alumni, how responsive were they?

It's been 5 days since I've sent him an email and yet, no response. Tried calling him today and it went straight to voicemail...
Should I contact the admissions team right away or give him the benefit of the doubt and wait 2 more days?


Mine responded in a couple of hours. Really depends on the alum IMO. I would give him the benefit of the doubt and wait till the 1 week deadline has passed before contacting admissions.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Mar 2017
Posts: 49

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 4

GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.84
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2017, 12:30
bigbirdferda wrote:
For those ones with interview invites, if you were offered an interview invite with an alumni, how responsive were they?

It's been 5 days since I've sent him an email and yet, no response. Tried calling him today and it went straight to voicemail...
Should I contact the admissions team right away or give him the benefit of the doubt and wait 2 more days?


I reached out to the alum right after I got the email from Kellogg and he didn’t respond. I called him 3 days later and it went to his VM so I left a VM. He then replied in a few hours after the VM. I would try leaving a message or send another follow up email. And if you still dont hear anything after a week, email Kellogg.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 4

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
S
Joined: 18 Aug 2014
Posts: 270

Kudos [?]: 74 [0], given: 78

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2017, 14:22
summerldr wrote:
bigbirdferda wrote:
For those ones with interview invites, if you were offered an interview invite with an alumni, how responsive were they?

It's been 5 days since I've sent him an email and yet, no response. Tried calling him today and it went straight to voicemail...
Should I contact the admissions team right away or give him the benefit of the doubt and wait 2 more days?


I reached out to the alum right after I got the email from Kellogg and he didn’t respond. I called him 3 days later and it went to his VM so I left a VM. He then replied in a few hours after the VM. I would try leaving a message or send another follow up email. And if you still dont hear anything after a week, email Kellogg.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


Agree these are people who have lives outside of this process so sometimes they may get wrapped up and not have time to respond. Just provide gentle reminders and if after a couple failed attempts and a few days later still nothing contact admissions. I had to email a few times because my interviewer was out of the country partying haha.
_________________

Please help me find my lost Kudo's bird

Kudos [?]: 74 [0], given: 78

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
User avatar
D
Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 4736

Kudos [?]: 18059 [0], given: 1991

Location: India
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2017, 21:22
Just saw an Indian invite on livewire. I guess it has started. Please report here when you get invites - everyone and especially folks from the subcontinent.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
_________________

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Kudos [?]: 18059 [0], given: 1991

BSchool Forum Moderator
avatar
S
Joined: 26 Jul 2016
Posts: 247

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 82

GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2017, 21:30
Troll bro!

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 82

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
User avatar
D
Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 4736

Kudos [?]: 18059 [0], given: 1991

Location: India
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2017, 21:32

Kudos [?]: 18059 [0], given: 1991

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 18 May 2017
Posts: 22

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Location: India
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
GRE 1: 330 Q170 V160
GPA: 3.6
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2017, 23:04
souvik101990 wrote:
bb10 wrote:
Troll bro!


Sure? Wow this season will not let me rest!


We already had someone from Delhi report an interview earlier this month. Briefintro username here.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
User avatar
D
Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 4736

Kudos [?]: 18059 [0], given: 1991

Location: India
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Oct 2017, 00:22
For the 1Y program - Yes. Seems strange to me that it’s been 2-3 weeks and no one from this place has heard back yet. Well 2-3 more weeks left I guess.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
_________________

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Kudos [?]: 18059 [0], given: 1991

1 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
S
Joined: 05 Nov 2015
Posts: 345

Kudos [?]: 71 [1], given: 38

Location: United States (GA)
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 2.6
WE: Operations (Hospitality and Tourism)
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Oct 2017, 04:32
1
This post received
KUDOS
Technically Kellogg says you will receive your interview assignment 4-6 weeks after the application due date. It's only been 3 weeks. So it seems to me that the majority of assignments have not been released yet.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Kudos [?]: 71 [1], given: 38

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Oct 2017
Posts: 35

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2017, 15:00
Hi everyone, I’m new to gmat club. I read through this entire post but didn’t see anyone talking about on campus interviews. Did no one opt for that?

I applied R1, interviewed on campus on 10/3. Just curious if anyone else did. For what it’s worth, I felt like the interview went really well. Best of luck to you!


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 21 May 2014
Posts: 32

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 4

Location: United States (MI)
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.33
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2017, 15:17
injineer wrote:
Hi everyone, I’m new to gmat club. I read through this entire post but didn’t see anyone talking about on campus interviews. Did no one opt for that?

I applied R1, interviewed on campus on 10/3. Just curious if anyone else did. For what it’s worth, I felt like the interview went really well. Best of luck to you!


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum


I have one coming up on 28th. Was your interview with adcom. Mind sharing some of the questions that were asked?

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 4

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Oct 2017
Posts: 35

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2017, 15:19
pentek123456 wrote:
injineer wrote:
Hi everyone, I’m new to gmat club. I read through this entire post but didn’t see anyone talking about on campus interviews. Did no one opt for that?

I applied R1, interviewed on campus on 10/3. Just curious if anyone else did. For what it’s worth, I felt like the interview went really well. Best of luck to you!


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum


I have one coming up on 28th. Was your interview with adcom. Mind sharing some of the questions that were asked?


Yeah it was adcom. I’ll post up my questions when I get home from work, have them written down.

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Oct 2017
Posts: 35

Kudos [?]: 13 [2], given: 0

Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2017, 17:04
2
This post received
KUDOS
3
This post was
BOOKMARKED
injineer wrote:
pentek123456 wrote:
injineer wrote:
Hi everyone, I’m new to gmat club. I read through this entire post but didn’t see anyone talking about on campus interviews. Did no one opt for that?

I applied R1, interviewed on campus on 10/3. Just curious if anyone else did. For what it’s worth, I felt like the interview went really well. Best of luck to you!


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum


I have one coming up on 28th. Was your interview with adcom. Mind sharing some of the questions that were asked?


Yeah it was adcom. I’ll post up my questions when I get home from work, have them written down.



Questions for my on campus:

First one was a request to walk them through my resume. I have some tips for this one.
Don't read from your resume and don't repeat bullet points. Try to focus on what you learned at each stage, or what you took away from it.
Be intimately familiar with your resume so you don't have to look at it, but hit all the major milestones: college, first job, promotions, etc.

They then asked why now? Your resume should be the arrow for this question so I would reference your experience and the next steps and why an MBA gets you into that next part of your path.

Why Kellogg? I applied for MMM, but she didn't ask why MMM directly so I ended up adding in my why MMM to the tail end of why Kellogg. She seemed pretty happy with the specificity of my answers here. This is a gimme question for nearly every school so it's OK to sound practiced/rehearsed.

Short term goals and backup plans. Lots of people want to work for Google, but obviously only a select few get in. I heard some stories from Kellogg students about applicants that said MBB or bust and that was looked upon unfavorably because it doesn't show a realistic, thought out plan. It doesn't make schools look good if their graduates don't accept positions because they're not the big named firms.

Long term goals. Pretty straight forward.

Biggest professional achievement. I think a person should approach this in a couple of ways. Definitely explain the impact of your achievement to the overall company. Definitely talk about what you learned about yourself and about your goals with this achievement. Try and loop nearly all your questions back to why this program and an MBA are the RIGHT fits for you.

Greatest strength and weakness. I would have 3 top of each practiced for Kellogg. Students that have done interviews told me that sometimes they ask for greatest strength and then top 3 weaknesses or vice versa because everyone only practices one. For your weakness, be genuine. It helps show them you have self awareness.

Describe a difficult team/leadership situation and how you handled it and what the outcome was. This will vary person to person. Again, try to show good leadership and collaborative spirit in your story and be genuine. If it got worse or didn't go well, explain why and what you learned.

Describe when you faced an obstacle professionally. Again, straightforward.

And finally, what do you feel you bring, uniquely, to Kellogg?

I had actually practiced version of all of these which is why I felt pretty good about it, but your mileage may vary.

I've also heard of applicants that had interviewers that were very friendly and chatty but didn't have much meat in their questions: this is not a good interview.
If this happens to you, try to ask a question to bring the convo back around to Kellogg and you. Strangely, I didn't hear anything like this from any other school's I talked to so it might be a side-effect of Kellogg interviewing so many students.

Hope that helps shed some light!

Kudos [?]: 13 [2], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Affiliations:
Joined: 05 Oct 2017
Posts: 26

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V35
GMAT 2: 640 Q46 V31
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2017, 17:18
redfield wrote:
summerldr wrote:
bigbirdferda wrote:
For those ones with interview invites, if you were offered an interview invite with an alumni, how responsive were they?

It's been 5 days since I've sent him an email and yet, no response. Tried calling him today and it went straight to voicemail...
Should I contact the admissions team right away or give him the benefit of the doubt and wait 2 more days?


I reached out to the alum right after I got the email from Kellogg and he didn’t respond. I called him 3 days later and it went to his VM so I left a VM. He then replied in a few hours after the VM. I would try leaving a message or send another follow up email. And if you still dont hear anything after a week, email Kellogg.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


Agree these are people who have lives outside of this process so sometimes they may get wrapped up and not have time to respond. Just provide gentle reminders and if after a couple failed attempts and a few days later still nothing contact admissions. I had to email a few times because my interviewer was out of the country partying haha.



Having life is one thing but 5 days is well beyond that no??

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
User avatar
D
Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 4736

Kudos [?]: 18059 [0], given: 1991

Location: India
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2017, 06:28
injineer wrote:
injineer wrote:
pentek123456 wrote:
[quote="injineer"]Hi everyone, I’m new to gmat club. I read through this entire post but didn’t see anyone talking about on campus interviews. Did no one opt for that?

I applied R1, interviewed on campus on 10/3. Just curious if anyone else did. For what it’s worth, I felt like the interview went really well. Best of luck to you!


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum


I have one coming up on 28th. Was your interview with adcom. Mind sharing some of the questions that were asked?


Yeah it was adcom. I’ll post up my questions when I get home from work, have them written down.



Questions for my on campus:

First one was a request to walk them through my resume. I have some tips for this one.
Don't read from your resume and don't repeat bullet points. Try to focus on what you learned at each stage, or what you took away from it.
Be intimately familiar with your resume so you don't have to look at it, but hit all the major milestones: college, first job, promotions, etc.

They then asked why now? Your resume should be the arrow for this question so I would reference your experience and the next steps and why an MBA gets you into that next part of your path.

Why Kellogg? I applied for MMM, but she didn't ask why MMM directly so I ended up adding in my why MMM to the tail end of why Kellogg. She seemed pretty happy with the specificity of my answers here. This is a gimme question for nearly every school so it's OK to sound practiced/rehearsed.

Short term goals and backup plans. Lots of people want to work for Google, but obviously only a select few get in. I heard some stories from Kellogg students about applicants that said MBB or bust and that was looked upon unfavorably because it doesn't show a realistic, thought out plan. It doesn't make schools look good if their graduates don't accept positions because they're not the big named firms.

Long term goals. Pretty straight forward.

Biggest professional achievement. I think a person should approach this in a couple of ways. Definitely explain the impact of your achievement to the overall company. Definitely talk about what you learned about yourself and about your goals with this achievement. Try and loop nearly all your questions back to why this program and an MBA are the RIGHT fits for you.

Greatest strength and weakness. I would have 3 top of each practiced for Kellogg. Students that have done interviews told me that sometimes they ask for greatest strength and then top 3 weaknesses or vice versa because everyone only practices one. For your weakness, be genuine. It helps show them you have self awareness.

Describe a difficult team/leadership situation and how you handled it and what the outcome was. This will vary person to person. Again, try to show good leadership and collaborative spirit in your story and be genuine. If it got worse or didn't go well, explain why and what you learned.

Describe when you faced an obstacle professionally. Again, straightforward.

And finally, what do you feel you bring, uniquely, to Kellogg?

I had actually practiced version of all of these which is why I felt pretty good about it, but your mileage may vary.

I've also heard of applicants that had interviewers that were very friendly and chatty but didn't have much meat in their questions: this is not a good interview.
If this happens to you, try to ask a question to bring the convo back around to Kellogg and you. Strangely, I didn't hear anything like this from any other school's I talked to so it might be a side-effect of Kellogg interviewing so many students.

Hope that helps shed some light![/quote]

Thanks for posting the detailed interview experience. How did you feel about the interview afterwards? Great? Could have been better? Or...?


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
_________________

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Kudos [?]: 18059 [0], given: 1991

Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Mar 2014
Posts: 2672

Kudos [?]: 1789 [0], given: 796

Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Kellogg '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2017, 06:48
halibr331 wrote:

Having life is one thing but 5 days is well beyond that no??


Not necessarily. Consultants/PE/HF/VC people are travelling for the majority of any given week. Be patient and reach out to adcom after a week or a 1.5 weeks and not before. I would not take it kindly if I see multiple emails from an interviewee as your MBA life including recruiting is dependent on you being patient. Impatience will only get you dings in some way or another. To give you an idea, over the past summer, I was working 80-90 hours a week with no clue about what day of the week that was. So if you had reached out to me earlier in the week, it could have easily been missed.

Kudos [?]: 1789 [0], given: 796

Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 08 Sep 2012
Posts: 108

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 101

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V41
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2017, 10:35
Engr2012 wrote:
halibr331 wrote:

Having life is one thing but 5 days is well beyond that no??


Not necessarily. Consultants/PE/HF/VC people are travelling for the majority of any given week. Be patient and reach out to adcom after a week or a 1.5 weeks and not before. I would not take it kindly if I see multiple emails from an interviewee as your MBA life including recruiting is dependent on you being patient. Impatience will only get you dings in some way or another. To give you an idea, over the past summer, I was working 80-90 hours a week with no clue about what day of the week that was. So if you had reached out to me earlier in the week, it could have easily been missed.


So true! When working at the client location there are times when you are at a secured location (in terms of network, say banks) and you don't really have time to look at your phone unless someone gives you a call. Also, what many people don't realize is that in general many other people don't take calls at work location (exceptions are there of course! I am talking in a general sense). One week is not too much.

I'd at least give a week+weekend for someone to reply back. If I still haven't got a reply then maybe after 7 days I'd drop a short and polite reminder.

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 101

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Oct 2017
Posts: 35

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2017, 13:06
souvik101990 wrote:
injineer wrote:
injineer wrote:
[quote="pentek123456"][quote="injineer"]Hi everyone, I’m new to gmat club. I read through this entire post but didn’t see anyone talking about on campus interviews. Did no one opt for that?

I applied R1, interviewed on campus on 10/3. Just curious if anyone else did. For what it’s worth, I felt like the interview went really well. Best of luck to you!


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum


I have one coming up on 28th. Was your interview with adcom. Mind sharing some of the questions that were asked?


Yeah it was adcom. I’ll post up my questions when I get home from work, have them written down.



Questions for my on campus:

First one was a request to walk them through my resume. I have some tips for this one.
Don't read from your resume and don't repeat bullet points. Try to focus on what you learned at each stage, or what you took away from it.
Be intimately familiar with your resume so you don't have to look at it, but hit all the major milestones: college, first job, promotions, etc.

They then asked why now? Your resume should be the arrow for this question so I would reference your experience and the next steps and why an MBA gets you into that next part of your path.

Why Kellogg? I applied for MMM, but she didn't ask why MMM directly so I ended up adding in my why MMM to the tail end of why Kellogg. She seemed pretty happy with the specificity of my answers here. This is a gimme question for nearly every school so it's OK to sound practiced/rehearsed.

Short term goals and backup plans. Lots of people want to work for Google, but obviously only a select few get in. I heard some stories from Kellogg students about applicants that said MBB or bust and that was looked upon unfavorably because it doesn't show a realistic, thought out plan. It doesn't make schools look good if their graduates don't accept positions because they're not the big named firms.

Long term goals. Pretty straight forward.

Biggest professional achievement. I think a person should approach this in a couple of ways. Definitely explain the impact of your achievement to the overall company. Definitely talk about what you learned about yourself and about your goals with this achievement. Try and loop nearly all your questions back to why this program and an MBA are the RIGHT fits for you.

Greatest strength and weakness. I would have 3 top of each practiced for Kellogg. Students that have done interviews told me that sometimes they ask for greatest strength and then top 3 weaknesses or vice versa because everyone only practices one. For your weakness, be genuine. It helps show them you have self awareness.

Describe a difficult team/leadership situation and how you handled it and what the outcome was. This will vary person to person. Again, try to show good leadership and collaborative spirit in your story and be genuine. If it got worse or didn't go well, explain why and what you learned.

Describe when you faced an obstacle professionally. Again, straightforward.

And finally, what do you feel you bring, uniquely, to Kellogg?

I had actually practiced version of all of these which is why I felt pretty good about it, but your mileage may vary.

I've also heard of applicants that had interviewers that were very friendly and chatty but didn't have much meat in their questions: this is not a good interview.
If this happens to you, try to ask a question to bring the convo back around to Kellogg and you. Strangely, I didn't hear anything like this from any other school's I talked to so it might be a side-effect of Kellogg interviewing so many students.

Hope that helps shed some light![/quote]

Thanks for posting the detailed interview experience. How did you feel about the interview afterwards? Great? Could have been better? Or...?


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app[/quote]
I felt like it went really well actually. I didn't have any long drawn out pauses and I think my answer all pointed to my overall goal really well. Guess we'll find out in a couple months!

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!   [#permalink] 13 Oct 2017, 13:06

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  14   15   16   17   18   19   20  ...  37    Next  [ 733 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Gnpth



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.