Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 10:12 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 10:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.87
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5430 [0]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
Re: Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
chandni0110 wrote:
Anyone had their interviews yet?
I opted for an on-campus on the 14th...anyone around that time?

I believe many people got the interview invites. Not sure about 14th though. :P
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]
Anyone done with their Interview?? Please share your experience...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V33
GMAT 2: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3.8
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Hey Guys!!

Anyone done with his/her interview?
Please share your experience!!
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 6256 [0]
Given Kudos: 330
WE:General Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Top Contributor
I do not see my GMAT score as received. But I did send them before the deadline. Does anyone face the same issue?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 935 [0]
Given Kudos: 47
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.88
WE:Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Send PM
Top Contributor
Gnpth wrote:
I do not see my GMAT score as received. But I did send them before the deadline. Does anyone face the same issue?

Yes, on the application it still says not received but I received an email confirmation when it was officially received by the school, and this was confirmed again a few days after application submission once I reached out to inquire about the status on my application not changing.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
golumolu wrote:
Hey Guys!!

Any updates on Interview.. Please share your experience...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.5
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
I interviewed yesterday. It wasn’t anything crazy. I talked through my resume and the rest of my application. I think it went well.

Anyone else interview?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [4]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 750 Q42 V50
GPA: 4
WE:General Management (Insurance)
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
ShantanuSinha wrote:
golumolu wrote:
Hey Guys!!

Any updates on Interview.. Please share your experience...

Had my interview with Adcom member via Skype. great experience! Out of 4 interviews i had, i actually liked this one the best.

First, of all, really friendly and just cool interviewer.

Second, the interviewer is a marketing professional, and since i do want to pursue marketing post-mba, that made the conversation much more meaningful. i don't think it was done on purpose, since students are assigned interviewers when they select time slots. but still very nice it came out that way.

Third, no questions like "name a leader that you emulate in your leadership style", etc. I don't want to say they are stupid, but personally, i do not think these questions are worth the MBA level and MBA candidates can speak about more meaningful things this.

Fourth, be ready to speak about all your previous jobs - why you chose them, why you changed from one job to another, what you liked about a particular job, etc. Basically you want all your experiences, and changes in jobs to have logic behind them, and not just random jumping. I was asked even about a job that i had 11 years ago (!!!!), which was very unexpected. Do not listen to consultants when they say stuff from long ago is of no interest to the Adcom - turns out it sometimes is. I was even asked why i didn't want to pursue profession according to my undergrad major (my graduation was 13 years ago).

Fifth, know your career goals very well. company, position, what skills are required, how you will get in the post-mba job, what will be a barrier, what will help (your previously gained skills), how will mba help you in terms of acquired skills to get the job. etc. They want to make sure you are totally employable and you are have solid well-worked post-mba plan.

In addition, see interview reports about Foster which are out there, because they are all very consistent, and there is not much variability between what i read in these reports and what I actually had in my experience. And yes, i was asked how did i find students and alumni of Foster. i do not see this as challenging, because you just tell how you found these people and approached them. I know some people compalined on the forum that they were shocked when asked something unexpectedly plain and self-explainatory like this. so don't be shocked , just answer in the same plain way :cool:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [1]
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
Just had my in person interview. Started off with a standard walk through the resume. There were some questions related to my resume during that.

Next were some follow up professional questions and some professional/situational questions.

Third group of questions started with why Foster and then how would an MBA utilize my strengths and help out my weaknesses.

Finally some overall fit type questions to see how I would fit in with the school and the area.

Overall it took 55 minutes and conversation was very natural and flowed easily.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 131 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 690 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.9
WE:Information Technology (Consumer Products)
Send PM
injineer wrote:
Just had my in person interview. Started off with a standard walk through the resume. There were some questions related to my resume during that.

Next were some follow up professional questions and some professional/situational questions.

Third group of questions started with why Foster and then how would an MBA utilize my strengths and help out my weaknesses.

Finally some overall fit type questions to see how I would fit in with the school and the area.

whats your profile like , if you dont mind sharing .
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Send PM
mbsingh wrote:
injineer wrote:

- 710 GMAT

- Undergrad in chemical engineering and biochemical engineering

- Slightly below avg GPA (3.1)

- 5.5 years work experience in tech with 3 years as a leader

- American, white male, 29 years old
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 131 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 690 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.9
WE:Information Technology (Consumer Products)
Send PM
injineer wrote:
mbsingh wrote:
injineer wrote:

- 710 GMAT

- Undergrad in chemical engineering and biochemical engineering

- Slightly below avg GPA (3.1)

- 5.5 years work experience in tech with 3 years as a leader

- American, white male, 29 years old

Thanks bud. Do you know if foster has rolling admissions or everyone is notified on final day ? I am planning on applying in R2 or more like next week.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Send PM
mbsingh wrote:
Thanks bud. Do you know if foster has rolling admissions or everyone is notified on final day ? I am planning on applying in R2 or more like next week.

I'm actually not sure. I know other schools I've applied to are released all at once on their decision deadlines, so I would assume that's how Foster works.

Originally posted by injineer on 13 Nov 2017, 09:40.
Last edited by abhimahna on 13 Nov 2017, 09:48, edited 1 time in total.
Corrected the quotes.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5430 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
injineer wrote:
mbsingh wrote:

I'm actually not sure. I know other schools I've applied to are released all at once on their decision deadlines, so I would assume that's how Foster works.

I think it is going to be a single date, December 22.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 726 [0]
Given Kudos: 294
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hey guys,

I have a silly question. I have a 4 year UG engg. degree(India) in which the medium of instruction was English.

Now the fosters website says they will use their own discretion to determine whether I will be eligible for a TOEFL waiver

https://foster.uw.edu/academics/degree-p ... dmissions/

Based on the above, I have the following questions
1. Did all the INDIAN applicants give TOEFL? Is there anyone who hasn't given and got an invite in R1?
2. Will foster directly ding me in case they feel that my UG degree is not equivalent to U.S bachelor degree? Or will they inform me that I need to compulsorily submit TOEFL score

Please let me know your thoughts. Planning to apply for R2.

Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5430 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
pikolo2510 wrote:
Hey guys,

I have a silly question. I have a 4 year UG engg. degree(India) in which the medium of instruction was English.

Now the fosters website says they will use their own discretion to determine whether I will be eligible for a TOEFL waiver

https://foster.uw.edu/academics/degree-p ... dmissions/

Based on the above, I have the following questions
1. Did all the INDIAN applicants give TOEFL? Is there anyone who hasn't given and got an invite in R1?
2. Will foster directly ding me in case they feel that my UG degree is not equivalent to U.S bachelor degree? Or will they inform me that I need to compulsorily submit TOEFL score

Please let me know your thoughts. Planning to apply for R2.

Hi there!

Here is the answer:

All they will ask you is to submit a letter from the university stating that they taught you in English medium.

So, there is no need of TOEFL. I remember I ran to my university when I got an email stating they need the proof from university and that too within 3 days.

When I sent them my proof, they added to my file and then later invited me for the further process.

Preferably, go ahead and get the proof from university asap.

I hope that answers your query. :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.69
Send PM
Any idea on what is the interview conversion rate for foster ?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  16   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts