It is currently 12 Dec 2017, 19:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 750 Q42 V50
GPA: 4
WE: General Management (Insurance)
Re: Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2017, 03:55
Hi, everybody, nice to meet all of you! and hope to see you in class in the fall of 2018 8-) Or maybe even earlier if you come to Moscow for the Soccer World Cup 2018 8-)

I just did my video interview, and the questions were pretty much in line with expectations and with what other people wrote here. No surprises.

For future applicants looking for some tips i would personally sugest the following:

- Invest time into self-reflecting about how you overcame challenges, delivered impact, gained new perspectives, etc. (of course this needs to be done a lot earlier than at this stage, but if you didn't do so or did it some time ago, its time to do it right now )
- Make sure you have decent background, lighting, sound. turn off your cell phones and lock yourself inside a room so that nobody enters. Also make sure there are no unexpected pop-up messages on your computer. I had one of these during the practice question (anti-virus update message) and it is really distracting! Before starting, i went into the task manager and killed all programs that run in the background.
- If you are a talkative person and you have a lot of great things you want to tell the Adcom about, you have to be especially careful observing the 1:30 minute limit. In my opinion, 2 minutes would be much more efficient in letting people express themselves, so watch the timing carefully.
- don't forget to look into the camera. This is very unnatural, because during the real conversation you never fix your eyes in one point (you may, but then you will look strange 8-) So practice in advance. I talked to a person who has tried to become a TV news host and they confirmed that looking straight into the camera without moving your eyes is a real challenge for basically everyone, and it takes time and practice to get used to it.

any questions related to the topic or off-topic welcome! good luck with your apps and interviews! peace!

-------
From Russia with Love! : )

Top Contributor
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 257 [0], given: 37

Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.88
WE: Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Re: Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2017, 05:23
Top Contributor
^ Good advise. Another thing to do is to use all the 30 seconds, and perhaps jot down some notes as far as the major themes you wan't to cover for the question making sure to allocate time to each. I scribbled a few points for each question with roughly 20-30 seconds allocated to each. It gets you to think how best to prioritize your points and to make sure you don't spend too much time on any one example/point/etc. etc.

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful.” - Eric Thomas

BSchool Forum Moderator
G

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 46

GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 690 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.9
WE: Information Technology (Consumer Products)
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2017, 18:05
i am going in for R2. Lets see how it goes

My MBA Journey - https://smalldoubledouble.com

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 46

Top Contributor
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2017, 09:45
Top Contributor
Any interview invites yet? We should begin to see them this week.

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful.” - Eric Thomas

Intern
Intern
B

Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2017, 09:59
submitted video interview last thursday, no feedback yet.

i am curious whether this year ALL applicants are going through Kira first. From previous year threads i can conclude that applicants which were seen by the school as most competitive got invited to live interviews and Kira at the same time, while less competitive applicants first got invited to Kira so that the school could assess them better (this is just my assumption, since i didn't find a 100% confirmation that this is true). did any applicants get both Kira and live interview invites?

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

Schools: Sloan '20 (II)

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2017, 10:06
mrsonmax wrote:

i am curious whether this year ALL applicants are going through Kira first. From previous year threads i can conclude that applicants which were seen by the school as most competitive got invited to live interviews and Kira at the same time, while less competitive applicants first got invited to Kira so that the school could assess them better (this is just my assumption, since i didn't find a 100% confirmation that this is true). did any applicants get both Kira and live interview invites?

video interview was an application requirement this year. Everyone had to do it.

Intern
Intern
B

Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2017, 10:11
M@Arya wrote:
mrsonmax wrote:

video interview was an application requirement this year. Everyone had to do it.

this is where it gets tricky 8-) previous year everybody had to do it as well. in the sense that nobody gets in without doing both. however, this does not contradict my assumption in any way. because out of those people who don't get in, some may not even get a chance to do a live part.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2017, 10:18
M@Arya wrote:
mrsonmax wrote:

but i really hope that the workflow has changed, and everybody has to do Kira FIRST before they are considered for a live interview. this makes things totally different. and more fair in my opinion.

Top Contributor
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2017, 11:16
Top Contributor
mrsonmax wrote:
M@Arya wrote:
mrsonmax wrote:

this is where it gets tricky 8-) previous year everybody had to do it as well. in the sense that nobody gets in without doing both. however, this does not contradict my assumption in any way. because out of those people who don't get in, some may not even get a chance to do a live part.

I think last year you could have either received a video or in person interview r together or separately. I don't think everyone who applied automatically received the video interview request.

This year, each applicant who has submitted his/her application has to complete a video interview for their application to be reviewed further. This was clearly stated in the email UW sent out kicking off the video interview process -

UW Email wrote:
Applicants who have submitted all application requirements - including the video interview - have a complete application which will be moved into review.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2017, 11:39
so, they did change the workflow. good news then. Vomhorizon, thanks for clarification and for being more attentive to details than i was. somehow i missed this statement. :thumbup:

always so curious to know what exactly is the reason behind this change. are they trying to admit more people this year, or it is someting else.

Top Contributor
Senior RC Moderator
P

Kudos [?]: 1600 [0], given: 281

GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V34
WE: General Management (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2017, 08:52
Top Contributor
When I sent an email for my official scores. They responded saying that they received and the application is in the review process. But no update to portal yet. It still shows submitted.

Did the status change for anyone?

Become a GMAT Club Premium member to avail lot of discounts

Kudos [?]: 1600 [0], given: 281

Top Contributor
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2017, 08:59
Top Contributor
Same here. Applications still does not show my GMAT score which they had received in late September. They were able to confirm receipt of my score when I contacted them via email.

Board of Directors
D

Kudos [?]: 965 [0], given: 69

Concentration: Healthcare, Technology
GPA: 3.65
WE: Information Technology (Health Care)
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2017, 09:09
Gnpth wrote:
When I sent an email for my official scores. They responded saying that they received and the application is in the review process. But no update to portal yet. It still shows submitted.

Did the status change for anyone?

Yes, it's the same for me. I believe they will directly send the result now. I am really hoping to get one. :-D

How I improved from V21 to V40! ?

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 9 [1], given: 0

Schools: Foster '20 (I)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.5
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2017, 13:21
This post received
KUDOS
One of the Foster veteran students sent out an email to all the veteran applicants saying that there will be a veteran's event November 8th and 9th on campus and that there will be interview times reserved for veterans on both days. November 8 and 9 are just 2 weeks away so it is anticipated that they will send out interview invitations this week in order for people to have sufficient time to make a trip to campus and interview in person.

Kudos [?]: 9 [1], given: 0

Top Contributor
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2017, 09:17
Top Contributor
Just received an interview invite.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2017, 09:18
Just got my admission interview invite, sent via email. They asked that I schedule before Oct 31st and complete before Dec 1st.

Not sure if anyone else has received theirs?

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2017, 09:26
injineer wrote:
Just got my admission interview invite, sent via email. They asked that I schedule before Oct 31st and complete before Dec 1st.

Not sure if anyone else has received theirs?

I received too :)

Board of Directors
D

Concentration: Healthcare, Technology
GPA: 3.65
WE: Information Technology (Health Care)
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2017, 09:27
Yeah, received it too 10 minutes ago :)

Good luck guys !

No location in India? :o

Can you guys also confirm?

How I improved from V21 to V40! ?

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2017, 09:34
abhimahna wrote:
Yeah, received it too 10 minutes ago :)

Good luck guys !

No location in India? :o

Can you guys also confirm?

No location in India..going for a skype interview

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2017, 09:36
even when I try to schedule a skype interview, the location at the top says university of washington, is that the same for you guys?

Re: Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!   [#permalink] 25 Oct 2017, 09:36

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6    Next  [ 108 posts ] 

Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: mbsingh

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap