GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Aug 2018, 13:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Board of Directors
V
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2018, 12:16
pikolo2510 wrote:
Thanks abhimahna for the lightening quick reply as always.

I was wondering why there is no * for optional essay. Ideally, there should be one as others have it

As per them * means it may be required in future and they may reach out to you. Since optional essay is optional, they are telling that don't worry we won't come back for this item. :lol:

My GMAT Story: From V21 to V40
My MBA Journey: My 10 years long MBA Dream
My Secret Hacks: Best way to use GMATClub | Importance of an Error Log!
Verbal Resources: All SC Resources at one place | All CR Resources at one place
Blog: Subscribe to Question of the Day Blog

GMAT Club Inbuilt Error Log Functionality - View More.
New Visa Forum - Ask all your Visa Related Questions - here.

New! Best Reply Functionality on GMAT Club!

Find a bug in the new email templates and get rewarded with 2 weeks of GMATClub Tests for free

Retired Moderator
G
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 690 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.9
WE: Information Technology (Consumer Products)
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2018, 12:30
eagerly waiting for video questions

My MBA Journey - https://smalldoubledouble.com

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GPA: 3

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2018, 22:26
Can anyone tell the exact deadline for Round 2 of Fosters. The website mentions January 12. So is it January 12 23:59 PST or January 12 00:01 PST.
I am asking because I am still working on the essay and it may take 1-2 days to complete.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.1
WE: Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2018, 22:37
ngplnikhil wrote:
Can anyone tell the exact deadline for Round 2 of Fosters. The website mentions January 12. So is it January 12 23:59 PST or January 12 00:01 PST.
I am asking because I am still working on the essay and it may take 1-2 days to complete.

It should be Jan 12th 23:59 PST.
I am working on mine as well, good luck for both of us!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
WE: Consulting (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2018, 11:00
Hi guys, Im a candidate from India. I have studied engineering at the Mumbai University. We had the semester system and no gpa whatsoever. So how do I convert my gpa to the 4 point gpa scale? I have BE in EXTC with 69%. Any of the conversion tools mentioned by Foster do not consider this system. Should i tick the box of "my college did not provide grades"? What did other Indian Sudents do? Please help. Hoping for a quick reply since the deadline is quite close (12 Jan)
BSchool Forum Moderator
P
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 4
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2018, 11:12
rrkvr46 wrote:
Hi guys, Im a candidate from India. I have studied engineering at the Mumbai University. We had the semester system and no gpa whatsoever. So how do I convert my gpa to the 4 point gpa scale? I have BE in EXTC with 69%. Any of the conversion tools mentioned by Foster do not consider this system. Should i tick the box of "my college did not provide grades"? What did other Indian Sudents do? Please help. Hoping for a quick reply since the deadline is quite close (12 Jan)

I currently have the same problem (I graduated from Pune University)and wrote to the foster adcom regarding an alternate solution.

I am hoping I get a reply from them before Jan 12. I will keep this forum updated.

Worst case if I don't get any solution, I will select that option (my college didn't provide any grades) and submit the application.

Posted from my mobile device

My journey From 410 to 700 :-)
Here's my experience when I faced a glitch in my GMAT Exam
Don't do this mistake when you give your GMATPrep Mock!
NEW GMATPrep software analysis by Bunuel

Admitted
15 Dec, 2017
golumolu GMAT: 730, Q51, V37; GPA: 3.8; WE: 46 months; India; via Email
BSchool Forum Moderator
P
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2018, 23:39
pikolo2510 wrote:
rrkvr46 wrote:

I currently have the same problem (I graduated from Pune University)and wrote to the foster adcom regarding an alternate solution.

I am hoping I get a reply from them before Jan 12. I will keep this forum updated.

Worst case if I don't get any solution, I will select that option (my college didn't provide any grades) and submit the application.

Hey rrkvr46

This is the reply I got from Foster Adcom today morning IST

Quote:
Hello xxxxxx,

Thank you for your interest in the Foster MBA Program and for reaching out to us directly. You will need to input a GPA in order to submit a complete application to the program. Please use any of the preferred methods to calculate your GPA and update this portion within the application portal.

Let me know if you have any other questions, I’m happy to help.

In short, I believe we have to convert our grades to a 4 point scale on our own and submit the application. Checking the "My college doesn't provide any grades" option will be our loss.

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Statistics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2018, 04:08
pikolo2510 wrote:
pikolo2510 wrote:
rrkvr46 wrote:

Hey rrkvr46

This is the reply I got from Foster Adcom today morning IST

Quote:
Hello xxxxxx,

Thank you for your interest in the Foster MBA Program and for reaching out to us directly. You will need to input a GPA in order to submit a complete application to the program. Please use any of the preferred methods to calculate your GPA and update this portion within the application portal.

Let me know if you have any other questions, I’m happy to help.

In short, I believe we have to convert our grades to a 4 point scale on our own and submit the application. Checking the "My college doesn't provide any grades" option will be our loss.

To confirm, will you be using this calculator - https://www.foreigncredits.com/Resource ... alculator/
I've received marks on the scale of either 125 (For eg: Maths - 85/125) or 75 (For eg: Chem Lab - 55/75). I'll be converting these marks to the scale of 100 and then calculate the cumulative GPA. Is my approach correct?

Also, do we need to calculate Major GPA as well or only the cumulative GPA?
Retired Moderator
G
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 690 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.9
WE: Information Technology (Consumer Products)
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2018, 13:25
Is anyone else still waiting on video questions ?

My MBA Journey - https://smalldoubledouble.com

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2018, 13:30
mbsingh wrote:
Is anyone else still waiting on video questions ?

Yup..Submitted in R2. Waiting for the video assessment.
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2018, 00:30
Hi!

R1 admit here (Indian candidate). I would like to share some insights for applicants who are interested in tech industry post MBA.

From my research and conversations with alums and current students, I learnt that Foster is great for people aspiring a career in tech industry. Its strength lies in its students, resources and its relation with some of the best tech companies in the world such as Microsoft, Amazon, T-Mobile and Expedia. With the headquarters of these companies situated right in its backyard, Foster has the best access and an undisputed brand recognition in these companies and a lot of the students end up being product managers, which is what I am also interested in. With a majority of the class getting into the these companies for tech, Foster alums come back to recruit from these companies.

That being said, I would advise the following for the applicants who are awaiting interview invites.

1. Know clearly why you want to do an MBA, why now and why Foster.
2. With respect to your post MBA goal, do not hesitate to talk about your plan B, in case plan A doesn't work.
3. It's always great to mention the names of the people whom you are in touch with (if the person is comfortable in sharing his/her name with the adcom) and how your relationship has helped in your process.
4. You may or may not be asked directly "why you" but be prepared to convey the message during the interview.
5. In addition to the above point, also extrapolate and convey the message why would your target company hire you for your target role. This gives assurance to the school that it will have no trouble finding a job for you and also conveys the adcom that you have not just researched about the school but also the company and role that you want to get into.
6. Foster has a very supportive and collaborative culture and not a cut throat competition. Ensure you display the fit to the school.
7. Prepare couple of questions to ask in the end of the interview. These can be questions that came up during your research or conversation with the alums or even that came up during the interview. Avoid questions that can be answered with the information given on the website.
8. In addition to the above points, be prepared to answer general behavioral questions - strength, weakness, tough day at work, how did you resolve a conflict, role model, ethics, integrity etc.,
9. For situational answers, presenting in a STAR format (Google it for more information) gives a holistic picture to the interviewer.
10. Note to Indian students: We Indians, tend to speak fast. So request you to slow down a bit while talking to the interviewer.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to reach out.

All the best!
BSchool Forum Moderator
P
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2018, 21:36
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.1
WE: Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2018, 21:38
pikolo2510 wrote:
Did anyone get the video interview link?

I did, about 2 hours ago.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
GPA: 3.2
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2018, 21:41
Got the invitation for R2 video interviews tonight at 6:45pm!
BSchool Forum Moderator
P
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2018, 21:46
Ok even I got the video interview link a few hours back. We need to submit this by Monday 9am pst

All the best guys!

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
GPA: 3
WE: General Management (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2018, 22:18
Yes... a few hours back!

-Pranesh

IMD Thread Master
IMD Thread Master
B
Concentration: Technology, Leadership
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.6
WE: Consulting (Commercial Banking)

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2018, 22:27
pikolo2510 wrote:
Did anyone get the video interview link?

Yes, I got a few hours back.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V37
GRE 1: Q169 V159
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2018, 23:26
I received a Video interview link from Foster this morning...
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2018, 23:37
Did everyone order the official GMAT score reports to be sent to Foster by PearsonVue?
Re: Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! &nbs [#permalink] 16 Jan 2018, 23:37

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  16    Next  [ 311 posts ] 

Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap