Last visit was: 10 May 2024, 19:47 It is currently 10 May 2024, 19:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5432 [2]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3.52
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5432 [1]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Emory Admitted Students: Class Of 2020 (2018 Intake) [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
sriadityad wrote:
Hey, Thanks for this group.

Is anyone still waiting to know their scholarship details? It was mentioned in the mail that an admission rep. would contact us with further details but I haven't heard from them yet.

I am not sure. I received an email last night stating about scholarship and was asked that someone will call me to discuss the same.

But fortunately the person who took my interview sent me every detail in a separate email 2 hours before such emails were out. So, I know what they are offering me. :)

P.S: Please check the original post once again. I added more information.

Btw, Congratulations Classof2020 and sriadityad :)
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5432 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Emory Admitted Students: Class Of 2020 (2018 Intake) [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi All,

Quick question:

I was surfing through the Admitted Students website and I got to know the following:

"We encourage students to pay their $2000 tuition deposit and $200 Orientation fee online through OPUS from a US checking account only. Credit/debit cards are not accepted."

I am from India and I donot have any US checking account. Please suggest what should I do. What are all internationals doing?

Thanks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 59
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V29
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
abhimahna wrote:
Hi All,

Quick question:

I was surfing through the Admitted Students website and I got to know the following:

"We encourage students to pay their $2000 tuition deposit and $200 Orientation fee online through OPUS from a US checking account only. Credit/debit cards are not accepted."

I am from India and I donot have any US checking account. Please suggest what should I do. What are all internationals doing?

Thanks

Interesting
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
Has anyone received their official offer letter in the mail? On my call, they mentioned it was coming via FedEx, but nothing has been delivered yet.
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
charcharbinks wrote:
Has anyone received their official offer letter in the mail? On my call, they mentioned it was coming via FedEx, but nothing has been delivered yet.

Nope, I am also eagerly waiting to receive one. I think it must be on it's way. :)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
Send PM
Got the hard copy offer yesterday (Chicago). There’s a section dedicated to your specific scholarship (if applicable)

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
Detinmarin wrote:
Got the hard copy offer yesterday (Chicago). There’s a section dedicated to your specific scholarship (if applicable)

Thank you for the update. I am waiting for mine. :)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V39
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V39
Send PM
Detinmarin wrote:

Was it sent as a normal letter through USPS or through something like fedex?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
Send PM
redjersey wrote:
Detinmarin wrote:

FedEx.

Picture a large envelope with a folder containing letters, employment report and also a small notebook and a pen. Nice presentation.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V39
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V39
Send PM
Detinmarin wrote:
redjersey wrote:
Detinmarin wrote:

FedEx.

Picture a large envelope with a folder containing letters, employment report and also a small notebook and a pen. Nice presentation.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

I'll be on the lookout for that then, thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
Send PM
So looking at the scholarships page on the Emory website (https://goizueta.emory.edu/degree/two_y ... index.html), it looks like there are 4 Woodruff Scholarships that admitted students compete for in February. Does anyone know anything else about this?

I did a quick search of this forum and Reddit and found no information. I want to ask admissions, but I also don't want to seem like I'm greedy after getting my scholarship offer.

Thoughts? Info? Advice?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 171 [0]
Given Kudos: 150
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
WE:Design (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
charcharbinks wrote:
So looking at the scholarships page on the Emory website (https://goizueta.emory.edu/degree/two_y ... index.html), it looks like there are 4 Woodruff Scholarships that admitted students compete for in February. Does anyone know anything else about this?

I did a quick search of this forum and Reddit and found no information. I want to ask admissions, but I also don't want to seem like I'm greedy after getting my scholarship offer.

Thoughts? Info? Advice?

The greedy that I am, :crazy: , I mailed the Adcom regarding the 100% scholarships and was told that full riders are very rare and the scolarship amount I received was one of their top scholarships (I received around 70% of the tuition fee). I also enquired if I would be considered for further scholarships, to which the adcom replied that I won't. So, I don't think that full riders are given out that easily.

Hope this info helps. Besides, feel free to contact the adcom regarding this. They won't rescind yor offer just bcoz you enquired about the scholarships, can they? So, go ahead n ask the adcom.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V41
GPA: 3.48
Send PM
For those asking, I got my emails on the 1st, got my scholarship call on the 6th, and got my welcome packet via fedex on the 9th
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
Received my packet last evening. It is the same as others mentioned. :P
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V38
GPA: 2.84
Send PM
It is thrilling waiting for the package :) Don't know how long it will reach me here in Vietnam.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.58
WE:Operations (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Just got the decision. waitlisted

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
su2me2rain wrote:
It is thrilling waiting for the package :) Don't know how long it will reach me here in Vietnam.

Hey su2me2rain ,

Congratulations. The first package delivery may take around 3-10 days.

Feel free to join our https://gmatclub.com/chat group. :)
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6925 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts