Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 03:55 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 03:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72889 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GRE 1: Q166 V159
GPA: 3.51
Send PM
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]
If we don’t get anything today does that mean we shouldn’t get our hopes up? Have people in R2 in previous years gotten interview invites on the second date?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Finance
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]
amunster25 wrote:
If we don’t get anything today does that mean we shouldn’t get our hopes up? Have people in R2 in previous years gotten interview invites on the second date?

No idea how an adcom works, but it wouldn't shock me if they have a) completed initial reviews of all applications and b) created two pools of candidates that they may interview and then debate who to invite from pool 1 for the first wave of invites (today) over the past ~two weeks and will review pool 2 over the next ~two weeks who to invite on March 2nd. I presume they are inviting similar numbers of candidates to interview in each of the two rounds. This is all based on nothing but optimism.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
akbos wrote:
amunster25 wrote:

No idea how an adcom works, but it wouldn't shock me if they have a) completed initial reviews of all applications and b) created two pools of candidates that they may interview and then debate who to invite from pool 1 for the first wave of invites (today) over the past ~two weeks and will review pool 2 over the next ~two weeks who to invite on March 2nd. I presume they are inviting similar numbers of candidates to interview in each of the two rounds. This is all based on nothing but optimism.

Friend was invited on the very last day the prior year. She said order has no bearing on candidate attractiveness.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Concentration: Finance
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Kudos
whippersnacker wrote:
akbos wrote:
amunster25 wrote:

Friend was invited on the very last day the prior year. She said order has no bearing on candidate attractiveness.

Good, cuz I'm ugly ;)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
Send PM
So, there were only two days to receive invitation for round 2 applicants and only three people here received invitation for the first day? Is not it too less?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Hey y’all. Just attended MIT’s AdMIT weekend for R1 admits. Here are a couple stats that Rod Garcia shared with us about the R1 admits:

738 average gmat
3.58 average gpa

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.98
WE:Analyst (Venture Capital)
Send PM
terracehouse wrote:
Hey y’all. Just attended MIT’s AdMIT weekend for R1 admits. Here are a couple stats that Rod Garcia shared with us about the R1 admits:

738 average gmat
3.58 average gpa

Thanks for sharing! how was the weekend?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
GRE 1: Q169 V165
Send PM
Looks like a very small amount of invites went out in the first wave given only 6 invites are reported on here so far (although difficult to extrapolate). I wouldn't lose hope if you are like me and didn't get an invite this week.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
jboog wrote:
Looks like a very small amount of invites went out in the first wave given only 6 invites are reported on here so far (although difficult to extrapolate). I wouldn't lose hope if you are like me and didn't get an invite this week.

I really enjoyed it. I met a ton of down to earth people. Seems like many peopple were picking between Wharton&Sloan or Kellogg&Sloan. But i met a ton of others who paid their deposit / seemed more committed and they were super cool. Sloanies really aren't the typical competitive business school types. I honestly felt super under qualified after meeting everyone there lol
Intern
Intern
Send PM
jerfted wrote:
terracehouse wrote:

738 average gmat
3.58 average gpa

Thanks for sharing! how was the weekend?

I really enjoyed it. I met a ton of down to earth people. Seems like many peopple were picking between Wharton&Sloan or Kellogg&Sloan. But i met a ton of others who paid their deposit / seemed more committed and they were super cool. Sloanies really aren't the typical competitive business school types. I honestly felt super under qualified after meeting everyone there lo
Invited to Interview
22 Feb, 2018
26 Feb 2018, 08:10
Private, GMAT: 760, Q50, V42; GPA: 3; WE: 84 months; United States, NY; via Email [#permalink]
Admitted
27 Dec, 2017
28 Feb 2018, 07:46
financenoob GMAT: 770, Q50, V47; via Phone [#permalink]
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [4]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.32
Send PM
Kudos
Big day!) good luck to all of us!)

Join GMATClub CHAT for live updates.

Originally posted by Evgart on 01 Mar 2018, 04:42.
Last edited by Narenn on 01 Mar 2018, 08:51, edited 1 time in total.
Chat room link
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 58
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.42
Send PM
we're supposed to hear back for an interview or outright denial today by 3PM right? So in the next 2.5 hours? Has anyone heard anything yet? I have not.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
12dannj wrote:
we're supposed to hear back for an interview or outright denial today by 3PM right? So in the next 2.5 hours? Has anyone heard anything yet? I have not.

Yep that's correct. Based on the chat and Clearadmit, no one has received yet.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.32
Send PM
a2nomad wrote:
12dannj wrote:

To be specific - by the end of the day actually. that's in the email from them.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Evgart wrote:
a2nomad wrote:
12dannj wrote:

To be specific - by the end of the day actually. that's in the email from them.

Well, its sort of ambiguous:

Interview invites will be sent by 3pm ET on the following dates:

Thursday, February 22
Thursday, March 1

By end of day March 1, all Round 2 applicants will receive either an interview invitation or final decision.

In other words, if you don't hear by 3pm, you did not receive an interview. That's how I interpret.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts