GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Jun 2018, 23:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2017, 10:53
AnthonyV wrote:
Last year Sloan only called on the day of the deadline.

Last year's clear admit records show one person was called the day before the 19th. Maybe a few people are called the day before.
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2017, 07:17
Hoping for some advice: interviewed at MIT end of October. I was just looking at their website just now and realized that on the page where they explain their interviews, they mention at the end that any post-interview thank you notes should be sent to the AdCom email address provided there! But I sent the thank you note to my interviewer directly since I had her business card! Am I in trouble? Was this a test to see if I can follow instructions?! Help!?

Posted from my mobile device
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V47
GPA: 3.66
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2017, 07:20
Hiyer1 wrote:
Hoping for some advice: interviewed at MIT end of October. I was just looking at their website just now and realized that on the page where they explain their interviews, they mention at the end that any post-interview thank you notes should be sent to the AdCom email address provided there! But I sent the thank you note to my interviewer directly since I had her business card! Am I in trouble? Was this a test to see if I can follow instructions?! Help!?

:suspect

I did the same thing. I cannot imagine they would behave like that. That sounds like something only the military would do ;)
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2017, 07:33
Hiyer1 wrote:

I’m sure everyone did what you did.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Finance, Other
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.77
Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2017, 07:46
Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2017, 10:19
leoyizhou wrote:
Hiyer1 wrote:

I’m sure everyone did what you did.

Yep. Add me to the list. Doh.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2017, 12:51
Hi..I did the same, sent the thank you mail to the interviewer only. Seemed logical to me :)

Is it common for interviewers to not respond to thank you mails?
Invited to Interview
02 Nov, 2017
Private, GMAT: 770, Q49, V47; GPA: 3.3; WE: 60 months; United States; via Email
Intern
Intern
B
Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2017, 06:16
raimtr wrote:
Hi..I did the same, sent the thank you mail to the interviewer only. Seemed logical to me :)

Is it common for interviewers to not respond to thank you mails?

Yup, my interviewer never responded to me. So you have at least one more data point :/

Also, did everyone who interviewed get an email asking you to confirm your mailing address today? Thanks!
Expert Post
MBA Section Director
V
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2017, 06:40
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2017, 06:46
souvik101990 wrote:
Did you guys receive an email with updated contact information or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep 7 AM CT this morning.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2017, 06:54
Prospie1123 wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:
Did you guys receive an email with updated contact information or something?

Yep 7 AM CT this morning.

Yup, same here. It's probably just routine - I'll rein in my excitement now :/

Sent from my iPhone
Expert Post
MBA Section Director
V
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2017, 06:55
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2017, 07:20
souvik101990 wrote:
I guess. Do you know if they call the day before or should we only expect calls to go out on Tuesday?

If clear admit is to be trusted, I think a few from last year got the call the day before.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2017, 07:24
souvik101990 wrote:
I guess. Do you know if they call the day before or should we only expect calls to go out on Tuesday?

I took another look at their deadlines page, and found this: "The Admissions Committee gives every application the fullest possible review and will notify applicants of their decision on or before the deadlines listed below."!!!! that probably means they reserve the right to start telling people before the deadline too. I would paste a link to it, but GMAT club won't let me.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2017, 09:20
Quote:
We are putting the final touches on the MBA Round 1 Decision List.

On Tuesday, December 19th, all interviewed applicants will receive an email by 5:00 p.m. ET notifying them of their MIT Sloan Round 1 Decision.

Please let us know if your mailing address has changed since the time of your application by updating it on your application status page by end of day tomorrow, Monday, December 18th.

If your plans have changed and you no longer want to be considered for the MIT Sloan MBA Class of 2020, please inform us as soon as possible by replying to this email.

Thank you,

The Admissions Committee
MIT Sloan School of Management

I think the bolded is most informative. If we are meant to have that long to update mailing addresses, I doubt they contact anyone before close of business Monday. That being said, last year one person did get a call Monday evening ET on Clear Admit. That would be the earliest I am expecting anything this year.
Expert Post
MBA Section Director
D
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2017, 21:11
The decision week is here. Good luck to all! Last year there was no any call reported prior Dec 19 on GMATClub forums but who knows what they will do this year.

Feel free to join chat room2 to share your updates, sentiments, with fellow applicants.

Chances of Getting Admitted After an Interview [Data Crunch]

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V47
GPA: 3.66
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2017, 06:14
Big day! Good luck to all!

Admitted
19 Dec, 2017
thepalisades via Phone
Admitted
19 Dec, 2017
Private, GMAT: 750, Q50, V41; GPA: 2.8; WE: 78 months; United Kingdom; via Phone
Applicant status   [#permalink] 19 Dec 2017, 08:54

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  21   22   23   24   25   26   27  ...  35    Next  [ 696 posts ] 

Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap