It is currently 15 Dec 2017, 04:29

Decision(s) Day!:

CHAT Rooms | Wharton R1 | Stanford R1 | Tuck R1 | Ross R1 | Haas R1 | UCLA R1

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 2.9
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2017, 11:56
souvik101990 wrote:
AnthonyV wrote:
I just wanted to give my interview experience:

I went into the smallish admissions room and I was waiting for over an hour with the different interviewees. Every single one was a Consultant or Banker from huge firms. Our interviews were staggered, 15 minutes apart.

There was a lunch with students, which was very nice. I was a little bit more nervous due to the impending interview. I went back into the waiting room to study after that.

The interview started and it was incredibly casual. I had planned for questions about my GPA, job transitions, the additional essay, and why I, as a re-applicant, was more prepared this year as opposed to last. I got the sense that all interviewers asked "What, if anything, has changed since you submitted your application?" I took the opportunity to mention a new leadership experience at work, but I punctuated it with something interesting/fun that had happened to me recently. This was actually something she had done recently and we talked for a couple of moments about this mutual activity. This didn't last too long before I was asked a few standard behavioral questions that I had practiced for: "A time you received negative feedback." "A time you lead oppositional members of a team." Etc.

Then, in a bit of a curveball, I was asked about my goals and how I could achieve them at Sloan. I hadn't practiced much for it because I wasn't expecting it at Sloan, but my other interviews helped me here.

Overall I thought the experience was great! I felt comfortable, I felt loose, and most importantly, I think my passion shone through. Have a personality and don't be a business machine would be my advice. Very few people are, but don't get tense in the moment and forget that they want to get to know you, not the physical embodiment of your professional resume.

I really do hope that I get in as I felt the experience went very well. I loved the environment and all the students were very friendly, outgoing, and down to earth. Hopefully that helps for anyone waiting for an interview or anyone looking at Sloan in general. Best of luck to everyone, and hopefully we all get good news on the 19th!

Thanks for sharing, man. You seem to have scored a bunch of STRONG interviews this year. Were you invited to interview at Sloan last year too?

Nope, I was rejected w/o interviews at all schools except 1 last year (and Kellogg, but I can't count that). So it was a full year of grinding to improve a lot about my candidacy and things have gone decently well so far. Hopefully it all pans out in a month.

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
D

Kudos [?]: 18099 [0], given: 1992

GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2017, 12:02

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2017, 12:16
souvik101990 wrote:
Holy Smokes, you are like my twin AnthonyV

I was rejected without interview in 7 out of 8 schools that I applied to. I applied to all my target schools in R1 and I have managed to get 7 invites so far :)

Haha... Well, that just shows that we both made meaningful strides over the past year!

I'm 7 invites out of 10 so far and waiting to hear back from 2. I will admit I was a bit bummed about the building at MIT (I had just interviewed at Kellogg and the Global Hub is INCREDIBLE, so that might have skewed my view), but the rest was great. I'm going crazy from having to wait and we still have a month to go....

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
D

GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2017, 12:17
Same here man. I am a bit bummed with the total ignorance from California schools. I was also really hoping for a kellogg invite but they waived it. Here’s hoping to come out of that limbo.

Cheers to us, man. I am barely this optimistic ever in life but i’m really glad to have someone who overcame that much adversity and depression in the last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2017, 12:19
souvik101990 wrote:
Same here man. I am a bit bummed with the total ignorance from California schools. I was also really hoping for a kellogg invite but they waived it. Here’s hoping to come out of that limbo.

Cheers to us, man. I am barely this optimistic ever in life but i’m really glad to have someone who overcame that much adversity and depression in the last year.

Same to you! We'll both make the past two years worth it in the end.

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2017, 13:09
souvik101990 wrote:
Holy Smokes, you are like my twin AnthonyV

I was rejected without interview in 7 out of 8 schools that I applied to. I applied to all my target schools in R1 and I have managed to get 7 invites so far :)

Holly Molly. That’s awesome. Sloan, Booth, Tuck, Ross- care to share the other 3?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.86

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2017, 16:32
Any thoughts on going to the Sloan interview with a well groomed beard? I feel I look wierd without one!

Anyone else here faced a similar dilemma/ interviewed (or got admitted after interviewing) with a beard?

Cheers!

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 6

GPA: 3.3

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2017, 17:23
akrishn3 wrote:
Any thoughts on going to the Sloan interview with a well groomed beard? I feel I look wierd without one!

Anyone else here faced a similar dilemma/ interviewed (or got admitted after interviewing) with a beard?

Cheers!

You'll be totally fine. My spouse got into Harvard, Stanford and Booth. And he interviewed with a beard for all three.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.94

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2017, 09:45
akrishn3 wrote:

Cheers!

It's just a beard. Don't worry about it.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2017, 13:09
souvik101990 wrote:

What do u mean by ignorance by CA schools?

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

GPA: 2.96

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2017, 16:41
akrishn3 wrote:

Cheers!
'

My Sloan interviewer had a well-groomed beard. You're fine!

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Finance, Other
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.77

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2017, 17:34
What are everyone thoughts on padfolios with notes. Little prompts on certain behavioral answers and writing questions down beforehand. In standard interviews I️ know this is perfectly fine. Don’t know if MBA interview protocol is different

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.1

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2017, 22:26
Hello All!
What do u think about an additional letter of support post interview?
Maybe I am trying to overdo things here, but any genuine advice would be welcome.
Thanks,
Sid

Manager
Manager
B

GPA: 3.3

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2017, 05:04
sid192011 wrote:
Hello All!
Maybe I am trying to overdo things here, but any genuine advice would be welcome.
Thanks,
Sid

My thinking is that it's too much and might hurt your application.

Intern
Intern
B

GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.94

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2017, 05:32
sid192011 wrote:
Hello All!
Thanks,
Sid

I wouldn't bother.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 22 Nov 2017, 19:50
Hi guys. Here is my paranoid question:

Did you guys all submit a Thank-you email immediately post-interview? Does not receiving a reply imply anything negative? Or, on the other hand, does receiving a rely mean anything positive?

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 15 [1], given: 0

Concentration: Finance, Other
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.77

Show Tags

New post 22 Nov 2017, 19:52
This post received
KUDOS
Submitted a thank you and received no response. Could mean any of a few things:

1) standard protocol not to show favoritism to any candidate
2) interviewer received plenty of thank yous and needed a moment to respond
3) it’s thanksgiving week and they cut out monitoring email early
4) they hated me and my interview

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Kudos [?]: 15 [1], given: 0

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 22 Nov 2017, 20:02
leoyizhou wrote:
Hi guys. Here is my paranoid question:

Did you guys all submit a Thank-you email immediately post-interview? Does not receiving a reply imply anything negative? Or, on the other hand, does receiving a rely mean anything positive?

Send it if you want, I did last year because I wanted to add one more detail that I didn't get to mention during interview and the interviewer did reply back. No biggie tho

Intern
Intern
B

GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.1

Show Tags

New post 22 Nov 2017, 21:12
XIRR wrote:
sid192011 wrote:
Hello All!
Thanks,
Sid

I wouldn't bother.

Thanks for the reply! I think I am just being paranoid here... gotta wait and watch!

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Schools: Stanford '20 (S)
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2017, 02:23
When do we hear back after the interview?

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!   [#permalink] 24 Nov 2017, 02:23

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23    Next  [ 460 posts ] 

Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap