It is currently 24 Feb 2018, 07:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
HBS Thread Master
User avatar
B
Joined: 08 Feb 2017
Posts: 53
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.32
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2018, 02:38
ownersinc wrote:
Quick question about the 'Introduction to Microeconomics' course grade.

I've taken Introduction to Economics, which covered both micro and macro. I also took Microeconomics (but it wasn't an introduction, it was a second year class). I'm assuming I need to put the latter's grade? Or can I get away with the former?


I also had a course which called Economics Theory. I checked the curricular and it does mix of Micro and Macro, so decided to put it as "Yes". Anyway, it won't hear but later could be explained if there would be any concern.
1 KUDOS received
HBS Thread Master
User avatar
B
Joined: 08 Feb 2017
Posts: 53
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.32
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2018, 02:41
1
This post received
KUDOS
GmatBawse wrote:
What are some applications where we can record the video essay and whose format can be uploaded in the application form? I am recording on Mac with quicktime. For some reason- the quality is very grainy.


I did record by Iphone and later upload it as a .mov and did good job. I think if that's grainy in your case, it's most likely something wrong with you camera. You better try some other means.
Waitlisted
19 Dec, 2017
Private, GMAT: 700, Q47, V39; GPA: 3.71; United States; via Email
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 04 May 2014
Posts: 13
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V36
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2018, 10:21
Is there a grace period for the recommendation letters to reach Sloan, post the application deadline?

TIA
_________________

Risk Everything!

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 18 May 2016
Posts: 92
Location: India
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
WE: Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2018, 11:22
1
This post received
KUDOS
ValKilmer wrote:
Is there a grace period for the recommendation letters to reach Sloan, post the application deadline?

TIA


It depends on the school. You could shoot them an email, request them for a grace period- explain the need for the grace period. That would make it easier for them to make it an exception.
_________________

GMAT chronicles : 670-->660--> 700--> 650--> 680-->660--> 610-->700 (main exam)-->710--740-->700 (main exam again) -->Target 740+

Never never never never NEVER give up!!


I can and I will- watch me.

Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 18 May 2016
Posts: 92
Location: India
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
WE: Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2018, 11:24
ownersinc wrote:
Quick question about the 'Introduction to Microeconomics' course grade.

I've taken Introduction to Economics, which covered both micro and macro. I also took Microeconomics (but it wasn't an introduction, it was a second year class). I'm assuming I need to put the latter's grade? Or can I get away with the former?



I am going ahead and explaining them this in my optional part. If i have taken a course say "engineering economics" that covered the introduction, I would clarify that in the optional. This is helpful especially for courses for which the content may not be clear from course title. Say Mathematics 1, 2 etc
_________________

GMAT chronicles : 670-->660--> 700--> 650--> 680-->660--> 610-->700 (main exam)-->710--740-->700 (main exam again) -->Target 740+

Never never never never NEVER give up!!


I can and I will- watch me.

Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 12
Location: United States
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.3
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2018, 04:49
Submitted last night! Good luck to everyone else submitting right at the deadline :-)
Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 18 May 2016
Posts: 92
Location: India
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
WE: Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2018, 05:09
Hey

Did anyone face issues uploading the video?
_________________

GMAT chronicles : 670-->660--> 700--> 650--> 680-->660--> 610-->700 (main exam)-->710--740-->700 (main exam again) -->Target 740+

Never never never never NEVER give up!!


I can and I will- watch me.

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 09 Jun 2017
Posts: 20
Location: United States (MA)
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q43 V44
GPA: 3.31
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2018, 06:34
i have two drafts of my cover letter:

1) i open talking about my father dying and as a result dedicating my career to drug discovery and then transition into my achievements what an MBA can help me do


2) I ask a position in the 2020 class and tells them where i currently work.


I feel like the latter is more of a cover letter, but i also recognize that this is the only essay for Sloan and wanted to include more of my motivations.


Any thoughts?
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 22 Feb 2016
Posts: 15
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.1
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2018, 07:51
GmatBawse wrote:
Hey

Did anyone face issues uploading the video?


Yeap, Upload stopped at 92% with the message "Your file was successfully uploaded". But the file saved in portfolio gives an error... I guess this is what happens when everyone starts uploading large files the last minute :(
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Jan 2018
Posts: 1
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2018, 10:06
Hello... Please can anyone confirm if traveling to an interview location is compulsory. I live in Africa and traveling over , if i get an interview invite would be near impossible. Aren’t skype interviews available to applicants of MIT Sloan?


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 04 Oct 2016
Posts: 12
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.66
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2018, 17:05
vivophoenix wrote:
i have two drafts of my cover letter:

1) i open talking about my father dying and as a result dedicating my career to drug discovery and then transition into my achievements what an MBA can help me do


2) I ask a position in the 2020 class and tells them where i currently work.


I feel like the latter is more of a cover letter, but i also recognize that this is the only essay for Sloan and wanted to include more of my motivations.


Any thoughts?


I would have put the story about your dad in the video. I kept my cover letter much more professional and was a little looser with the video (i.e. some self deprecating humor)
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 16 Aug 2015
Posts: 9
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2018, 07:47
GmatBawse wrote:
ValKilmer wrote:
Is there a grace period for the recommendation letters to reach Sloan, post the application deadline?

TIA


It depends on the school. You could shoot them an email, request them for a grace period- explain the need for the grace period. That would make it easier for them to make it an exception.


I believe I heard this asked at an admissions session and the grace period stated was five days, but can't recall whether this was for Round one or Round two (perhaps its the same for both).

Shoot them an email to confirm.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Oct 2017
Posts: 13
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.36
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2018, 09:28
Did everyone get tons of emails from Sloan before submitting their application? I got so many, from student panels to deadline reminders, and today got the grace period notification email. I did not get any email like these from other schools though, with the exception of Haas (which was a bit too much..).
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 16 Aug 2015
Posts: 9
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2018, 09:38
tifamo wrote:
Did everyone get tons of emails from Sloan before submitting their application? I got so many, from student panels to deadline reminders, and today got the grace period notification email. I did not get any email like these from other schools though, with the exception of Haas (which was a bit too much..).


Yes, I did. Frankly, I've appreciated how proactive they've been in the communication. In fact, they are the only program that followed up post-app submission with explicit deadlines on interview requests / acceptance decisions going out. I would say Berkeley has been equally forward with their comms.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 30 May 2017
Posts: 7
Location: Russian Federation
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.63
CAT Tests
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2018, 12:38
a2nomad wrote:
tifamo wrote:
Did everyone get tons of emails from Sloan before submitting their application? I got so many, from student panels to deadline reminders, and today got the grace period notification email. I did not get any email like these from other schools though, with the exception of Haas (which was a bit too much..).


Yes, I did. Frankly, I've appreciated how proactive they've been in the communication. In fact, they are the only program that followed up post-app submission with explicit deadlines on interview requests / acceptance decisions going out. I would say Berkeley has been equally forward with their comms.



Yes!! +100 to MIT on telling the notification date! No need to check the mailbox/forums every 2 minutes for next month
Denied
17 Nov, 2017
Private, GMAT: 710, Q47, V41; GPA: 3.75; United States; via Email
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Jan 2018
Posts: 8
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2018, 18:00
spcss wrote:
Denied on: 2017/11/17
GMAT: 710, Q47, V41
GPA: 3.75
Location: United States
Heard back via: Email

Sorry to hear. Were you a round 1 applicant? Did you have an interview before the ding?

Sent from my SM-G955W using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Admitted
19 Dec, 2017
Private, GMAT: 760, Q50, V42; GPA: 3.62; WE: 35 months; Spain; via Email
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 27 Dec 2012
Posts: 69
Location: United States (LA)
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.51
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2018, 10:09
Anyone know when R2 interview invites come out?

Posted from my mobile device
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!   [#permalink] 30 Jan 2018, 10:09

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31    Next  [ 620 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!

  new topic post reply Update application status  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.