Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 20:16 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 20:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 6255 [1]
Given Kudos: 330
WE:General Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 6255 [0]
Send PM
VP
VP
Send PM
Re: Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!! [#permalink]
Gnpth wrote:
Guys,

If anyone has questions regarding the application or about school, you can reach out to me. I'm matriculating this year and part of the class of 2020.

Regards,
GNPTH.

Hi,
Thanks for the initiative. I have a question regarding employment opportunities for International students, who want to focus on Marketing/Strategy+Analytics as concentrations at McDonough.
Regards,
Aditya
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GPA: 3.8
WE:Business Development (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!! [#permalink]
Gnpth wrote:
Guys,

If anyone has questions regarding the application or about school, you can reach out to me. I'm matriculating this year and part of the class of 2020.

Regards,
GNPTH.

Hello,

Can you share some admission tips and first impression about school and peers.

Thanks
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 6255 [0]
Send PM
Top Contributor
adityag27 wrote:

Hi,
Thanks for the initiative. I have a question regarding employment opportunities for International students, who want to focus on Marketing/Strategy+Analytics as concentrations at McDonough.
Regards,
Aditya

Hi adityag27

Sorry for the late response. It has been a busy three weeks. They do have a career coach for Marketing and spoke to a couple of 2nd-year students. And as far as I know, there are few employers hire for Marketing roles at McDonough. You can look into the career data for 2017. Many students do get a lot of opportunity for the roles you are looking for. I, myself looking for the role in Strategy.

The Class of 2018 full-time job info and the internship for the class of 2019 will be posted soon to the Career page of McDonough. And I do not have the data for exact internship/employment information.

I hope it helps. All the best for the applications. PM me if you need any further information or if you have questions.
VP
VP
Send PM
Kudos
Top Contributor
Shavaji wrote:

Hello,

Thanks

Hi Shavaji,

Happy to help. And again, sorry for the delayed response. Our opening term had started and it was packed with a lot of readings, assignments, and projects. So I was not able to login to the club. All the students here are so cooperative and helpful. And most of the classmates are competitive as well.

My impression,

1. The building we are in is cool. Pretty new building.
2. Mcdonough focuses on team, they assign and keep changing teams for each term. So we get to work with most of the cohort.
3. The Opening term was intensive. It is filled with a lot of projects, assignments and leadership activities. I expect the same from the fall semester as well.
4. The class is engaging and professors are really good at explaining the things.
5. We did have a lot of fun with the entire MBA 2020's during orientation and with individual cohort.
6. The career center is very approachable. They give us a lot of information that will be really helpful in the job search or when companies come to campus for jobs/internships.
7. The second years are not here yet, but when I spoke to some of them, they were really helpful and guiding us for the internships, projects etc.

There are many more. But these are most important ones I felt in my first three weeks of opening term.

Hope it is helpful. Please reach out if you have any further questions.

Regards,
GNPTH.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Gnpth wrote:
Shavaji wrote:

Hello,

Thanks

Hi Shavaji,

Happy to help. And again, sorry for the delayed response. Our opening term had started and it was packed with a lot of readings, assignments, and projects. So I was not able to login to the club. All the students here are so cooperative and helpful. And most of the classmates are competitive as well.

My impression,

1. The building we are in is cool. Pretty new building.
2. Mcdonough focuses on team, they assign and keep changing teams for each term. So we get to work with most of the cohort.
3. The Opening term was intensive. It is filled with a lot of projects, assignments and leadership activities. I expect the same from the fall semester as well.
4. The class is engaging and professors are really good at explaining the things.
5. We did have a lot of fun with the entire MBA 2020's during orientation and with individual cohort.
6. The career center is very approachable. They give us a lot of information that will be really helpful in the job search or when companies come to campus for jobs/internships.
7. The second years are not here yet, but when I spoke to some of them, they were really helpful and guiding us for the internships, projects etc.

There are many more. But these are most important ones I felt in my first three weeks of opening term.

Hope it is helpful. Please reach out if you have any further questions.

Regards,
GNPTH.

Hello GNPTH,

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience, i found it very valuable.

I hope I will join 2019 fall ^^
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [1]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3
WE:Sales (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
Hello guys,

I am a first year student at McDonough as well (Class of 2020). GNPTH is a GMATClub veteran and one of our treasured classmates. Just to reduce a little bit of his burden I am here to help you too if you have any questions with McDonough or MBA applications in general.

Cheers
KM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi guys,

Recommendation letter should be sent within deadline ? Late one also acceptable?
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Gnpth and KM2018AA: Thanks very much both of you for offering your help to current applicants. Really appreciate your active involvement in this thread.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Just 1 day left to submit R1 apps. What's the status of your apps, R1 folks?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Send PM
All the best to everyone applying in R1
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Send PM
Does anyone have any stats on round 1 vs round 2 ?

Posted from my mobile device

Originally posted by GOandGetIT on 08 Oct 2018, 17:08.
Last edited by GOandGetIT on 18 Dec 2018, 19:28, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
GMAT 1: 680 Q42 V41
Send PM
In for round 1, Flex MBA program!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Send PM
kkreme15 wrote:
In for round 1, Flex MBA program!

Congratulations. I am a first year Full time MBA student. Let me know if you need any help or have any questions.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
When will they typically start to send out interview invitations for R1?
Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Send PM
michiko107 wrote:
Thanks!

You can expect to START hearing about R1 interview invites by end of October. Review of the applications going on in full swing

Stay Tuned.

Best Regards,
Kavish
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
KM2018AA wrote:
michiko107 wrote:
Thanks!

You can expect to START hearing about R1 interview invites by end of October. Review of the applications going on in full swing

Stay Tuned.

Best Regards,
Kavish

Thanks for the info, I’m anxiously waiting for interview invites as a reapplicant :D. Last year I applied in R2, waitlisted to R3, waitlisted to R4, and was dinged without interview invite. Hopefully this time would be different :p

Please share if any of international applicants have received an interview invite.

Cheers!

Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Send PM
radityo13 wrote:
KM2018AA wrote:
michiko107 wrote:
Thanks!

Stay Tuned.

Best Regards,
Kavish

Thanks for the info, I’m anxiously waiting for interview invites as a reapplicant :D. Last year I applied in R2, waitlisted to R3, waitlisted to R4, and was dinged without interview invite. Hopefully this time would be different :p

Please share if any of international applicants have received an interview invite.

Cheers!

This post is such a downer for me, radityo13 . I am applying in R2.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  14   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts