GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Oct 2019, 11:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.41
Re: Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2018, 15:03
Thrilled to finally be invited for interview! Just received the email today. I have registered for virtual interview, and I saw there are still plenty of available slots left from 19-20 Nov and 26-30 Nov. December slot is not yet available, but considering the decision notification for R1 will be on Dec 19th, I believe the December slots will be opened soon once the November slot is full.

Appreciate if anyone could share the interview questions from this year or last year.

Thank you.

PS: I'm a re-applicant from last year.
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2018, 21:08
RR13 wrote:
Thrilled to finally be invited for interview! Just received the email today. I have registered for virtual interview, and I saw there are still plenty of available slots left from 19-20 Nov and 26-30 Nov. December slot is not yet available, but considering the decision notification for R1 will be on Dec 19th, I believe the December slots will be opened soon once the November slot is full.

Appreciate if anyone could share the interview questions from this year or last year.

Thank you.

PS: I'm a re-applicant from last year.

RR13

Did you check out a few interview debriefs posted here? Please don't forget to post your debrief once you are done with your interview.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/mcdonough-20 ... brief.html

Also, check out the this link https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-club-in ... 80097.html

Congratulations and Good luck.
B
Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2018, 12:32
ShashankDave wrote:
Please keep updating on interview invites., especially international candidates.

I'm a domestic applicant and haven't received an invite either. Kinda surprised since I received invites from 3 other schools (including a top 10) within 1-3 weeks of their respective R1 deadlines.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2018, 06:56
I am going in for a personal interview in Mumbai this friday. Do admissions staff or alumni take this interview? And if anyone has given their interview, how was their experience?
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2018, 20:10
shreya313 wrote:
I am going in for a personal interview in Mumbai this friday. Do admissions staff or alumni take this interview? And if anyone has given their interview, how was their experience?

shreya313

Check out a latest interview debrief posted here https://gmatclub.com/forum/mcdonough-20 ... brief.html

Posted from my mobile device
B
Concentration: Accounting, Economics
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V31
GPA: 3.01

Show Tags

New post 15 Nov 2018, 11:10
Banshee wrote:
ShashankDave wrote:
Please keep updating on interview invites., especially international candidates.

I'm a domestic applicant and haven't received an invite either. Kinda surprised since I received invites from 3 other schools (including a top 10) within 1-3 weeks of their respective R1 deadlines.

Just got mine yesterday.
So there is still hope!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q42 V41
Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Nov 2018, 20:57
krisbrown12 wrote:
Banshee wrote:
ShashankDave wrote:

Just got mine yesterday.
So there is still hope!

At the info sessions I have gone to, they said they sometimes give interview invites to some of their most qualified candidates the week before the deadline!

Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.51

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2018, 08:30
Just curious. Does anyone know Georgetown's acceptance rate after being given an interview? I've been looking for it, but can't find anything. Thanks!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2018, 09:12
Just finished my interview with Adcom (via Zoom application). It lasted about 30 minutes. She said that it was a blind interview with only resume as the source of information.

For technical advise, suggest you download the Zoom application prior to the interview, look your email 5-15 minutes before the interview (in case the Adcom ask you to send him/her your resume, just like my case), and prepare your passport or citizen ID to be shown to the Adcom.

The questions asked during the interview include:
1) Tell me about yourself, career progression up until now (please limit in 2 minutes)
2) Tell me about your side business
3) Short term and long term goal
4) Why MBA & Why now
5) Why Georgetown
6) What would be the main challenge in your role post MBA
7) What is your greatest accomplishment
8) Tell me a time when you had a conflict with your peers / supervisor and how did you resolve it
9) What would your peers / supervisor say about your strength
10) What would they say about your area of improvement
11) Do you have any questions for me

Best of luck for us!
Current Student
B
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3
WE: Sales (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 19 Nov 2018, 09:16
Bloomberg Businessweek ranks the Georgetown McDonough Full-time MBA 20th in its 2018 Best B-Schools ranking, up 15 positions from last year!

Using a new methodology, Bloomberg Businessweek measures schools across four categories: compensation, learning, networking, and entrepreneurship, with metrics based on surveys of alumni, students, and employers, as well as employment data provided by schools.
Attachments

Georgetown Photograph.jpg
Georgetown Photograph.jpg [ 63.91 KiB | Viewed 2170 times ]

Originally posted by KM2018AA on 19 Nov 2018, 09:13.
Last edited by KM2018AA on 19 Nov 2018, 09:16, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2018, 20:06
acimino13 wrote:
Just curious. Does anyone know Georgetown's acceptance rate after being given an interview? I've been looking for it, but can't find anything. Thanks!

Any news anyone after being interviewed? Will Georgetown release all the decision simultaneously on Dec 19?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2018, 20:40
I was told no answers before the 19th in my interview.

MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2018, 02:28
acimino13 wrote:

65%, based on the forum data of last few years :-)

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2018, 02:58
Did anyone get any email from the Mcdonough admissions team post the interview. Something like a generic email with the heading connect with us asking for any more questions u have and also recommending resources according to your profile and interests... ??

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2018, 04:02
harmandeep22 wrote:
Did anyone get any email from the Mcdonough admissions team post the interview. Something like a generic email with the heading connect with us asking for any more questions u have and also recommending resources according to your profile and interests... ??

Yes, it contained a career interest overview and a link to google form.

苦あれば楽あり
Intern
Intern
B
GRE 1: Q150 V151
GPA: 3.12

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2018, 12:05
I applied for R1 and haven't received an invite McDonough is my top choice and I am getting a bit discouraged anyone have any tips/advice or a little bit of encouragement to provide me with :(
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2018, 16:50
I was told they do interviews until like the 17th, I just got my invite 2 weeks ago, don’t lose hope!

BSchool Forum Moderator
G
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2018, 01:13
hopefullyim2021 wrote:
I applied for R1 and haven't received an invite McDonough is my top choice and I am getting a bit discouraged anyone have any tips/advice or a little bit of encouragement to provide me with :(

Hey, don't be disheartened. At least you have an admit for one of your chosen places. :)

Practice makes you perfect.

Kudos are appreciated.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2018, 08:01
hopefullyim2021 wrote:

They've also waitlisted applicants without interviews in the past (or so I've been told). If that's the case for you I strongly recommend retaking the GRE. Submitting a higher score, even just a slightly higher score, as a wiatlister demonstrates your serious about attending. I know it sucks (I've taken it 6 times) but it is what it is.
Intern
Intern
B
GRE 1: Q150 V151
GPA: 3.12

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2018, 08:15
Thanks everyone I am grateful for my interviews at other schools and an admit elsewhere with scholarship...I am just shocked that WashU wanted to interview me and USC but not Georgetown :( I don’t understand it really...I am probably going to select whichever school I am admitted to with consortium because of the deposit situation...I can’t afford to place multiple deposits so I’ll just make a decision! Ahhhh so excited still!

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!!   [#permalink] 07 Dec 2018, 08:15

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  14    Next  [ 268 posts ] 

Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Gnpth, MsInvBanker