GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 12 Nov 2019, 12:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GPA: 3.3
Re: Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2019, 07:18
Do you think that this year is this much more competitive or just not a big enough sample size yet?

workout wrote:
sirevd1092 wrote:
Does anyone know the percentage or likelihood of acceptance after receiving an interview?

sirevd1092

The following information is based on the GMATClub's Decision tracker

For 2017, 101 of the 145 interviewed applicants got admission => % of admission after interview invites = 69%
For 2018, 92 of the 135 interviewed applicants got admission => % of admission after interview invites = 68%
For 2019, 55 of the 89 interviewed applicants got admission => % of admission after interview invites = 61%
For 2020, 65 of the 73 interviewed applicants got admission => % of admission after interview invites = 89%
As of now, for 2021, 21 of the 46 interviewed applicants got admission => % of admission after interview invites = 45.6%
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2019, 10:18
Buck92 wrote:
Do you think that this year is this much more competitive or just not a big enough sample size yet?

Buck92

I am sure its the sample size. Just not enough numbers this year, yet, to analyze. Also, we have seen that many people update their statuses once they receive an update from all the schools. So, I guess the numbers for 2021, as of now, should be taken with a grain of salt.
B
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GPA: 3.3

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2019, 10:23
Well that’s good to hear because I certainly like my odds based on the past years. Would you say more people fail to get acceptance because of lower stats or because they weren’t personable. Once you get an interview obviously.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 720 Q50 V38

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2019, 14:51
Did anyone else get a email with subject Application evaluation check-in? I applied for R2 and have been interviewed off-campus in Mumbai on Feb 11th. Just checking if anyone got it as well?

Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2019, 21:07
rohitsingh1303 wrote:
Did anyone else get a email with subject Application evaluation check-in? I applied for R2 and have been interviewed off-campus in Mumbai on Feb 11th. Just checking if anyone got it as well?

I got it too. International applicant, interviewed 2nd week of February. I don't think it means anything though.
BSchool Forum Moderator
P

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2019, 23:46
katykkim wrote:
rohitsingh1303 wrote:

I got it too. International applicant, interviewed 2nd week of February. I don't think it means anything though.

katykkim please update your status to Interviewed

rohitsingh1303 I got that email too though I have already received my Interview Invite. The email did say "If you've already had your interview, we hope you enjoyed connecting with our community"

Waiting is the name of the game right now.

Practice makes you perfect.

Kudos are appreciated.
Intern
Intern
B
GRE 1: Q160 V158
GPA: 3.9

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2019, 04:21
MsInvBanker wrote:
katykkim wrote:
rohitsingh1303 wrote:

katykkim please update your status to Interviewed

rohitsingh1303 I got that email too though I have already received my Interview Invite. The email did say "If you've already had your interview, we hope you enjoyed connecting with our community"

Waiting is the name of the game right now.

Received it too (applied R2, albeit the evening program). This probably is just a formality they send every year noting the volume of applicants in R2, as people are probably bombarding admissions with questions. I wouldn’t read much into it honestly. As others have said, it’s just a waiting game.

On another note, does McDonough in fact only release decisions on the date they stated, March 26? Some other schools sometimes release decisions, usually acceptances, a day or two before by calling applicants. Not sure if this rings true with McDonough. If not, does McDonough only release decisions via e-mail or the online portal?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2019, 06:09
My interviewer made a point of saying that the decision will only be accessible through portal and we cannot expect a phone call like other schools. He added that after the interview, we won't receive any communication (aside from that general email we got) until the decision date. ::shrug::
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2019, 06:20
beechbum114 wrote:
My interviewer made a point of saying that the decision will only be accessible through portal and we cannot expect a phone call like other schools. He added that after the interview, we won't receive any communication (aside from that general email we got) until the decision date.

That's strange. I was told by my interviewer that they would be calling the candidates personally(if selected) on 26th and further commumication will be given via email post the phone call.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2019, 06:34
rohitsingh1303 wrote:
beechbum114 wrote:
My interviewer made a point of saying that the decision will only be accessible through portal and we cannot expect a phone call like other schools. He added that after the interview, we won't receive any communication (aside from that general email we got) until the decision date.

That's strange. I was told by my interviewer that they would be calling the candidates personally(if selected) on 26th and further commumication will be given via email post the phone call.

You know what this means? We're gonna have to sit tight and just wait. :-D
Intern
Intern
B
Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2019, 06:38
beechbum114 wrote:
You know what this means? We're gonna have to sit tight and just wait. :-D

Haha ofcourse. Only time will tell us the truth. Fingers crossed ;)

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q42 V41

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2019, 20:59
beechbum114 wrote:
My interviewer made a point of saying that the decision will only be accessible through portal and we cannot expect a phone call like other schools. He added that after the interview, we won't receive any communication (aside from that general email we got) until the decision date. ::shrug::
I was admitted to the evening program R1 and received a phone call on decision day. Maybe it's different for R2, but I am hoping for a phone call for my full time application in R2!

MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2019, 23:39
kkreme15 wrote:
beechbum114 wrote:
I was admitted to the evening program R1 and received a phone call on decision day. Maybe it's different for R2, but I am hoping for a phone call for my full time application in R2!

kkreme15

Did you get interviewed for the full-time program too?

Show Tags

New post 05 Mar 2019, 03:47
sirevd1092 wrote:
On another note, does McDonough in fact only release decisions on the date they stated, March 26? Some other schools sometimes release decisions, usually acceptances, a day or two before by calling applicants. Not sure if this rings true with McDonough. If not, does McDonough only release decisions via e-mail or the online portal?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

McDonough releases it on the day they have said and not prior to that. As for your other question, I am not sure.

Kudos are appreciated.
BSchool Forum Moderator
P

Show Tags

New post 05 Mar 2019, 03:49
kkreme15 wrote:
beechbum114 wrote:

kkreme15 so you already had your interview and everything was good as you fit in with the school and all, so I guess you will get a greenlight for the FT MBA.

Kudos are appreciated.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 05 Mar 2019, 04:15
workout wrote:
kkreme15 wrote:
beechbum114 wrote:

kkreme15

Did you get interviewed for the full-time program too?

I got an invitation to interview for the full time program, but I didnt have to interview again.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 05 Mar 2019, 04:16
MsInvBanker wrote:
kkreme15 wrote:
beechbum114 wrote:

kkreme15 so you already had your interview and everything was good as you fit in with the school and all, so I guess you will get a greenlight for the FT MBA.

We'll see, good luck to you as well!
BSchool Forum Moderator
P

Show Tags

New post 05 Mar 2019, 04:24
kkreme15 wrote:
MsInvBanker wrote:

We'll see, good luck to you as well!

Thank you. I really want to attend MSB.

Kudos are appreciated.
Intern
Intern
B
GRE 1: Q160 V158
GPA: 3.9

Show Tags

New post 05 Mar 2019, 16:05
Did anyone receive an email from admissions today checking in?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 05 Mar 2019, 16:07
sirevd1092 wrote:
Did anyone receive an email from admissions today checking in?

Yup

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!!   [#permalink] 05 Mar 2019, 16:07

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  14    Next  [ 268 posts ] 

Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Gnpth, MsInvBanker