Last visit was: 01 Jun 2024, 02:01 It is currently 01 Jun 2024, 02:01
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [8]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.5
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021 [#permalink]
For info of all,

Just received an email confirming that my application has been received in full. Hopefully I am afforded the privilege of an interview shortly. Good luck to all concerned, Cheers! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.02
Send PM
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021 [#permalink]
Anyone got the invites after the fist wave yet?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GRE 1: Q170 V168
GPA: 3.94
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
I received an interview invite two weeks ago and had my interview the following week.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
simonayzman wrote:
I received an interview invite two weeks ago and had my interview the following week.

Could you share your experience with us?

I received an interview invite on 5th October, have my interview scheduled on Nov 8th :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi all, I had my interview yesterday and it was a blind interview (interviewer only saw my resume and not the rest of my apps). It had 2 parts: goals/why MBA and behavioral questions.

Part 1 -
1. Can you tell me more about your current role?
2. Why do you want an MBA now?
3. Post-MBA goal
4. Plan B if Plan A doesn't work out
Part 2 -
1. Talk about a time where you had to compromise for the team's success
2. Talk about a time where your team was utilized by another team (or another team asked for your help)
3. Was there a time where you had to use your non-work skills at work for a project to be successful?
4. Talk about a time where you had less success as a team leader
5. As Tepper is a diverse, tight-knit community, was there a time where you actively reached out to know more about other people's culture?
6. Based on your research, why do you think Tepper is the school for you?

Then around 5 mins for Qs to the interviewer

I just realized they asked me a lot of Qs, maybe because I was speaking too fast :lol:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GRE 1: Q170 V168
GPA: 3.94
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
vidyab335 wrote:
simonayzman wrote:

Could you share your experience with us?

I received an interview invite on 5th October, have my interview scheduled on Nov 8th :)

I'll post something up on Clear Admit soon, but here are the questions paraphrased (might be missing one or two):

TMA = Tell me about

1. Why MBA?
2. Post-MBA plans/career goals.
3. Plan B if Post-MBA plans don’t work out.
4. Why Tepper?
5. TMA a time when you had to compromise for the team to succeed.
6. TMA a time when you did something that others in the team did not want to do.
7. TMA a time when you learned from people more senior than you?
8. TMA your experience working with a diverse team with different backgrounds from you.

It was a video chat interview. I could see her, but, unfortunately, my webcam didn't work with CMU's online software, despite it working on Facetime/Photo Booth. So basically, to my interviewer, I was a black talking screen. Interview seemed ok overall, but it's hard to gauge.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GRE 1: Q165 V162
Send PM
Received an invite to interview yesterday. *fingers crossed*
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.5
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Has anyone received an invite in India in the second wave ?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
GPA: 4
Send PM
All those who have completed their interviews, did you get to know if it went well? Mine was exactly the same as the experiences mentioned above, but I don't know if it went well. The interviewer didn't give any expressions till I spoke about why Tepper and my interests outside work. Anyone faced a similar situation?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.54
WE:Engineering (Consulting)
Send PM
For those of you who had already signed up for an interview at the diversity weekend (nov 2-4) before the Mba application deadline, have you also received an official invite to interview from your application?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 58
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
Kudos
Are the interview calls for round 1 over? after the initial few, it seems so quiet from their end. And it looks like no one got interview calls in the past week. Getting worried now.... :sad:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
shruthi94 wrote:
Are the interview calls for round 1 over? after the initial few, it seems so quiet from their end. And it looks like no one got interview calls in the past week. Getting worried now.... :sad:

I guess not because there are still slots available for interview. At the time of writing of this post, 5 slots of Online interviews are available along with several on-campus ones.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 58
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
Kudos
Alchemist10 wrote:
shruthi94 wrote:

I guess not because there are still slots available for interview. At the time of writing of this post, 5 slots of Online interviews are available along with several on-campus ones.

Only 5 online interview slots??? :cry: :cry: What's the last date for the interviews? Till when are they being conducted?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
shruthi94 wrote:
Alchemist10 wrote:
shruthi94 wrote:

Only 5 online interview slots??? :cry: :cry: What's the last date for the interviews? Till when are they being conducted?

This is the availability at the moment, maybe more will be added or conducted through Skype. I don't know exactly about the last date of the interviews but the last slot is of 27th Nov.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
shruthi94 wrote:

Based from last year's thread and LiveWire, there were a number of people that got invites between 1st and 2nd week of Nov. Latest interview invite was Dec 5, then he had his online interview on the 8th. Looks like the interviews will be held up until a week before decision day. Don't lose hope!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [1]
Given Kudos: 145
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V29
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
Kudos
zee1222 wrote:
shruthi94 wrote:

Based from last year's thread and LiveWire, there were a number of people that got invites between 1st and 2nd week of Nov. Latest interview invite was Dec 5, then he had his online interview on the 8th. Looks like the interviews will be held up until a week before decision day. Don't lose hope!

Thanks, Now this comes as a relief :) Keeping my fingers crossed!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Technology
Send PM
Kudos
Hi,

What can we expect as the last day until which Tepper roll's out interview invites for R1? Still expecting to hear from them, but not sure if it's realistic now.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Send PM
vg9 wrote:
Hi,

What can we expect as the last day until which Tepper roll's out interview invites for R1? Still expecting to hear from them, but not sure if it's realistic now.

I had a quick look in the interview schedule page, there are still a number of in-person and online interview slots until the last week of November. I would assume that they are still rolling out invites :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6952 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts