GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Feb 2019, 20:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in February
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • MBA ADMISSIONS INTERVIEW: On Campus Vs. Off Campus

February 18, 2019

February 18, 2019

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

Learn how On-Campus & Off-Campus interviews are structured, and when your should opt for on-campus interview. Subscribe to our Youtube channel to get notifications of upcoming videos.
  • GMAT vs GRE - Insider Insights and Tips to Help You Decide

February 20, 2019

February 20, 2019

12:00 PM EST

01:00 PM EST

Planning to apply to business school? Don't know which standardized test to take? Noodle Pros experts will discuss the nitty gritty of the GMAT vs GRE. Monday, Feb. 11th at 12 PM and 7 PM ET

Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status  
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
Concentration: Nonprofit
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2019, 07:39
sumanainampudi wrote:
I received an Email the admission team asking me to upload the missing documents.

Upon reviewing I found that they need university official university grading scale sheet.

I am from India graduated from JNTU Kakinada and we donot have any grading scale sheet as such. Can you someone please help me ?

sumanainampudi

Hi, You can communicate the same to the admissions committee that you didn't have any such grading system for your certificates. However, I found the following image from this website. Is that something that you can use?

Attachment:
Screen Shot 2019-01-09 at 9.06.52 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-01-09 at 9.06.52 PM.png [ 682.54 KiB | Viewed 3161 times ]

Interview Debriefs | MBA Video Series | Live Decision Tracker

Intern
Intern
B
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2019, 22:13
All online interview slots for Tepper are full. Does anyone know what to do in such a scenario?

I am traveling for work and wouldn't be able to do the interview until next week.

I emailed the admissions team but they responded back saying online slots fill up quickly and I can sign up for a slot tomorrow or day after.

Thank you.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2019, 22:17
NaufalVeqar wrote:
All online interview slots for Tepper are full. Does anyone know what to do in such a scenario?

I am traveling for work and wouldn't be able to do the interview until next week.

I emailed the admissions team but they responded back saying online slots fill up quickly and I can sign up for a slot tomorrow or day after.

Thank you.

I have emailed them about it as well, but I was told to sign up for whatever it is available and act quick, as they do fill up quickly and may or may not have future slots available.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2019, 01:08
Sdpl0118 wrote:
NaufalVeqar wrote:

Thank you.

I have emailed them about it as well, but I was told to sign up for whatever it is available and act quick, as they do fill up quickly and may or may not have future slots available.

Same. Now there aren't any online slots available and I live 7000 miles away from Pittsburgh. Not sure, what the solution is . .
Tepper Thread Master
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2019, 05:41
NaufalVeqar wrote:
Sdpl0118 wrote:
NaufalVeqar wrote:

Thank you.

Same. Now there aren't any online slots available and I live 7000 miles away from Pittsburgh. Not sure, what the solution is . .

Not sure how frequent they update the slots, but I remember during R1 that they didn't post all interview schedules right away. Best to follow their advice and check for available slots every 1-2 days.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2019, 00:13
Sdpl0118 wrote:
NaufalVeqar wrote:

Thank you.

New slots have opened up. Sign up quick.
Intern
Intern
B
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2019, 12:06
Has anybody else got an interview call apart from the initial wave of applicants right after the R2 deadline. It has been a while and things are pretty silent!
Tepper Thread Master
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2019, 04:23
gauravhalder87 wrote:
Has anybody else got an interview call apart from the initial wave of applicants right after the R2 deadline. It has been a while and things are pretty silent!

Based from R1 stats, I think the next batch of invites will go out a month after the deadline. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2019, 11:04
A new Tepper Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/tepper-205/interview_debrief.html#debrief-806
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: McCombs '21 (I)
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2019, 19:37
Does anyone know if tepper has sent out its second wave of interview invites for R2 or not?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2019, 21:13
Hi. Can anyone please tell me that how long it takes to here back from Tepper after the interview?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Tepper '21 (I)
GMAT 1: 650 Q39 V40
GMAT 2: 660 Q44 V37
GPA: 2.99
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2019, 21:20
Pretty curious myself. Been waiting a few weeks now.

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3
Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2019, 04:32
Hello,

I applied on January 5th for second round admission to the full time program. I received my interview invite on January 9th. I believe that all decisions relating to round 2 acceptance/rejection/waitlist are given by Tepper on March 14th, 2019.

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Organizational Behavior, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q42 V51
GPA: 3.76

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2019, 04:35
Hastee is correct, all decisions roll out on Pi Day. I believe they call accepted students and issue portal updates for all others (not sure about email).

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: McCombs '21 (I)
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2019, 09:02
Thats fine but i wanted to know if they are still sending out interview invites or all the interviews are done?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2019, 09:15
Tuktuk-

I believe we were replying to taruna.

Yes, according to adcom, they wil continue sending interview invites right up to the deadline. Kelly explains this in a podcast interview that they don’t have enough slots to offer interviews to everyone who will Ben interviewed in the first wave, so they break it up. Which wave apparently is no indication of the strength of one’s application. This was confirmed by a non-adcom member of the staff when I visited campus.

Intern
Intern
Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2019, 20:30
Does anyone know if all applicants are offered interviews? If not, how do they filter out who gets interviews and who doesn’t if they don’t review the applications first?

One more question- anyone know if there are other rounds of interviews or just 1?

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2019, 05:43
Manpan,

I’d suggest reading through this thread, and researching the school through their website, webinars and interviews their adcom has done on various podcasts and YouTube channels.

Not everyone is invited to interview. Everyone’s application is reviewed by at least one member of the adcom. Those who are invited most likely have high potential for recruitment by companies that recruit through the school (good resume/work experience), have gmat scores and gpa in the school’s 80% range, and demonstrate some qualities the school is interested in with their essays and recommendations. They keep inviting people to interview all the way up to their deadline (March 14).

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2019, 08:06
ops2hr wrote:
Manpan,

I’d suggest reading through this thread, and researching the school through their website, webinars and interviews their adcom has done on various podcasts and YouTube channels.

Not everyone is invited to interview. Everyone’s application is reviewed by at least one member of the adcom. Those who are invited most likely have high potential for recruitment by companies that recruit through the school (good resume/work experience), have gmat scores and gpa in the school’s 80% range, and demonstrate some qualities the school is interested in with their essays and recommendations. They keep inviting people to interview all the way up to their deadline (March 14).

Thanks for your response! I guess I was just thrown off because of how immediate the interview offer was so I thought maybe it was an automated email or something, but thanks for clarifying! Also, do you know if there are multiple rounds of interviews, specifically a second round of alumni, current student, or professor meet and greet/informal interview? I have heard by word of mouth about these more informal interviews with the listed parties, so I'm curious if anyone else has heard anything about it.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2019, 09:16
While you’re free to set up coffee chats, visit campus, request meetings with anyone or to attend classes, the official admissions interview is always with a member of the adcom who has not read your full application, and this is the only interview that is an official part of the admissions process.

Again, all of this information is easily found on this forum and from CMU’s extensive admissions outreach efforts.

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021   [#permalink] 05 Feb 2019, 09:16

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7    Next  [ 124 posts ] 

Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: abhimahna, zee1222

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap