GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Nov 2019, 09:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status  
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Multiple Decisions Reported  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2019, 09:30
Tepper DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

• Admitted, 14 minutes ago, from India, GMAT:710 (Q49 V36), GPA: 3.3, Industry: Manufacturing, WE 54, heard via: phone
  • Admitted, 22 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:730, Industry: Consulting, WE 60, heard via: phone
  • Admitted, 34 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:650 (Q48 V31), GPA: 3.5, Industry: Computer Software, WE 84, heard via: phone
  • Admitted, 35 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:730 (Q47 V44), GPA: 3, Industry: Manufacturing, WE 60, heard via: phone
  • Denied, 55 minutes ago, from India, GMAT:740 (Q51 V38), Industry: Computer Software, WE 50, heard via: email
  • Denied, 59 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:740 (Q42 V51), GPA: 3.76, Industry: Hospitality and Tourism, WE 102, heard via: portal_update

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V36
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2019, 09:41
Hello Everyone! I have one question in regards to the Waitlist. Anyone from R1 can tell me what are the procedures? What are the chances that I will get admit? Thank you! I desperately need help! This is my only hope now! Any info will be greatly appreciated! :please :please :please :please :please
MBA Section Director
V
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2019, 09:46
YKL0286 wrote:
Hello Everyone! I have one question in regards to the Waitlist. Anyone from R1 can tell me what are the procedures? What are the chances that I will get admit? Thank you! I desperately need help! This is my only hope now! Any info will be greatly appreciated! :please :please :please :please :please

YKL0286

Check the following thread. You will see who were waitlisted in R1 and also a few resources from the previous years waitlisted applicants on how to deal with the waitlist.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/cmu-tepper-c ... 83815.html
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q42 V44
GPA: 3.48
Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2019, 10:20
YKL0286 wrote:

https://www.cmu.edu/tepper/programs/mba ... tlist.html

the school has an FAQ for this. It is pretty similar to the kenan-flagler waitlist FAQ, so I would guess it is the same for many schools.

Under their things you can do, I think the biggest impact would be retaking the GMAT -- obviously difficult in such a short timespan, but if you are planning to retake it for next year, I would start now and take it in 3 months. If you get a substantially higher score, you will have it for next year's apps and it could help bump you off the WL. That said, if you're not dead set on attending for 2021, it may make more sense to wait until R1 next year to put together a solid app and shoot for scholarship money if you get a substantially higher score. with a 720 it will be very difficult to improve, but it's possible.

Additionally, if you are dead set on tepper (it looks to be the one school you applied to), you can take a week or two to write a letter of continued interest to the adcom emphasizing anything that has changed since your app went in, how much you enjoyed meeting the students, how you feel like it's a great fit, and how much you really want to attend. Keep it under the length of an optional essay (obviously) but try to convey your genuine interest in the program. it may also help to give them a call and reiterate that you're very interested in attending if a spot opens up.

disclaimer: i'm not an admissions consultant. this is just what I would have done if chapel hill were my #1. I think i was waitlisted because they could tell i was more interested in tepper/data analytics focus in an mba program and they want to boost their matriculation stats.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2019, 10:29
achristophe wrote:
YKL0286 wrote:

https://www.cmu.edu/tepper/programs/mba ... tlist.html

the school has an FAQ for this. It is pretty similar to the kenan-flagler waitlist FAQ, so I would guess it is the same for many schools.

Under their things you can do, I think the biggest impact would be retaking the GMAT -- obviously difficult in such a short timespan, but if you are planning to retake it for next year, I would start now and take it in 3 months. If you get a substantially higher score, you will have it for next year's apps and it could help bump you off the WL. That said, if you're not dead set on attending for 2021, it may make more sense to wait until R1 next year to put together a solid app and shoot for scholarship money if you get a substantially higher score. with a 720 it will be very difficult to improve, but it's possible.

Additionally, if you are dead set on tepper (it looks to be the one school you applied to), you can take a week or two to write a letter of continued interest to the adcom emphasizing anything that has changed since your app went in, how much you enjoyed meeting the students, how you feel like it's a great fit, and how much you really want to attend. Keep it under the length of an optional essay (obviously) but try to convey your genuine interest in the program. it may also help to give them a call and reiterate that you're very interested in attending if a spot opens up.

disclaimer: i'm not an admissions consultant. this is just what I would have done if chapel hill were my #1. I think i was waitlisted because they could tell i was more interested in tepper/data analytics focus in an mba program and they want to boost their matriculation stats.

Thank you very much for your advise !!!! :please :please :please
MBA Section Director
V

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2019, 10:30
Tepper DECISION TRACKER

• Waitlisted, 29 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:720 (Q51 V36), heard via: portal_update
  • Denied, 44 minutes ago, from India, GMAT:720 (Q49 V38), GPA: 3.5, Industry: Consulting, WE 54, heard via: email

UPDATE YOUR STATUS

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2019, 11:30
Tepper DECISION TRACKER

• Admitted, 16 minutes ago, from United States, GPA: 3.37, Industry: Computer Software, WE 56, heard via: phone
  • Admitted, 27 minutes ago, from Thailand, GMAT:700 (Q49 V34), GPA: 3.88, heard via: phone
  • Denied, 50 minutes ago, from India, GMAT:720 (Q51 V36), GPA: 4, Industry: Computer Software, WE 29, heard via: email

UPDATE YOUR STATUS

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2019, 14:30
Tepper DECISION TRACKER

• Admitted, 28 minutes ago, from Costa Rica, GMAT:680 (Q46 V38), GPA: 3.7, Industry: Telecommunications, WE 100, heard via: phone
  • Admitted, 46 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:720 (Q44 V45), GPA: 3.38, Industry: Computer Hardware, WE 67, heard via: phone

UPDATE YOUR STATUS

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2019, 09:30
Tepper DECISION TRACKER

• Waitlisted, 9 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:650 (Q47 V33), Industry: Entertainment and Sports, WE 40, heard via: portal_update
  • Admitted, 32 minutes ago, from Viet Nam, GPA: 3.19, Industry: Mutual Funds and Brokerage, WE 44, heard via: phone

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
15 Mar 2019, 09:39
Private, GMAT: 720, Q49, V38; GPA: 3.17; United States, NY; via Phone
No scholarship. [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2019, 22:57
Is there a Whatsapp group for admitted students?
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.5
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2019, 23:07
Hey, leahnguyn

Please move to the admitted students portal. Find your answer here: https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... l#p2251714
leahnguyn wrote:
Is there a Whatsapp group for admitted students?
Intern
Intern
Schools: Tepper '21 (WL)
Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2019, 06:19
Hi,

I have a quick question. Is Tepper's priority waitlist a binding? The reason I ask this is because I have got an admit from another school with scholarship, but Tepper is my first choice. So in case of an admit without a scholarship from Tepper, can I request for a scholarship reconsideration, or does it not work that way?
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 650 Q39 V40
GMAT 2: 660 Q44 V37
GPA: 2.91

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2019, 06:34
MOllie wrote:
Hi,

I have a quick question. Is Tepper's priority waitlist a binding? The reason I ask this is because I have got an admit from another school with scholarship, but Tepper is my first choice. So in case of an admit without a scholarship from Tepper, can I request for a scholarship reconsideration, or does it not work that way?

I'm in the same boat. I do not believe it is. On the waitlist FAQ page it gives the "other school accepted me" case and they basically say you can pay the other school's deposit and see what happens.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2019, 11:55
I got in with scholarship !!!!!!!!! Dream does come true !!!!!
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 650 Q39 V40
GMAT 2: 660 Q44 V37
GPA: 2.91

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2019, 12:04
Was just admitted with 10K. I'm beside myself. I called admissions to make sure it wasn't a mistake.
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Tepper '21 (A)
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40

Show Tags

New post 09 May 2019, 03:21
Has anyone had any success negotiating a scholarship with Tepper?
SVP
SVP
D

Show Tags

New post 09 May 2019, 06:54
valmikee wrote:
Has anyone had any success negotiating a scholarship with Tepper?

Well, one of my applicants did. She managed quite a hefty scholarship from them.

Ask us for ASSESSING YOUR MBA CHANCES

Invested In Your Success
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Information Technology (Retail Banking)

Show Tags

New post 12 May 2019, 00:17
Class 2019-2021 Tepper Admits

Posted from my mobile device
Director
Director
B
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.88
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 May 2019, 16:25
Top Contributor
Good to see lot of action on this thread.

Let me know if any question where I can help.
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021   [#permalink] 16 May 2019, 16:25

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11    Next  [ 203 posts ] 

Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: abhimahna, chanjaso