Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 21:15 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 21:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Re: Calling All Yale SOM MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake (Class of 2022) :Yale [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Yes the standard for HBS is 49...but would say 45 is adequate,
to avoid concerns about keeping up with the work. Unless you are a CPA or something, engineer with a masters. Blazethrough14
Blazethrough14 wrote:
Thank you. And what’s a “decent” quant score? I know Q48+ is considered good/very good.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
Re: Calling All Yale SOM MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake (Class of 2022) :Yale [#permalink]
Safe to say waitlist/ding if no interview invite at this point?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [1]
Given Kudos: 93
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V40
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Kudos
lukematic wrote:

lukematic

Not yet, I think! It's been a little over 2 weeks since the deadline. I doubt they've gone through all the apps. I haven't received any communication from them either, and I plan to put off the stress till mid-Feb.

Originally posted by MS2020 on 24 Jan 2020, 04:55.
Last edited by MS2020 on 24 Jan 2020, 04:59, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
The wait is killing me! :cry: I guess all we can do at this point is hope for the best and stay enthusiastic

Resh16 wrote:
lukematic wrote:

lukematic

Not yet, I think! It's been a little over 2 weeks since the deadline. I doubt they've gone through all the apps. I haven't received any communication from them either, and I plan to put off the assured-ding till mid-Feb.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [2]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
If you can, put your focus and attention on other things -other applications or other projects.

The funny thing about worrying is that we think we are doing something when in fact it's accomplishing nothing.

So to the point you are able, withdraw your attention from this.

Easier said than done I know :-)

lukematic

lukematic wrote:
The wait is killing me! :cry: I guess all we can do at this point is hope for the best and stay enthusiastic

Resh16 wrote:
lukematic wrote:

lukematic

Not yet, I think! It's been a little over 2 weeks since the deadline. I doubt they've gone through all the apps. I haven't received any communication from them either, and I plan to put off the assured-ding till mid-Feb.

Originally posted by MBAPrepCoach on 24 Jan 2020, 07:21.
Last edited by MBAPrepCoach on 25 Jan 2020, 00:17, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [2]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
According to Clear Admit's Live Wire, last year SOM sent R2 interview invites well into mid-February. Out of my 10 applications, I think I have the best chance of getting into SOM, so I will be devastated if I do not receive an interview invite.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [3]
Given Kudos: 7
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Kudos
I always assumed the quicker you get an invite, the better your chances of getting in. Assuming you perform well in the interview.

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 59
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 2: 770 Q49 V46
Send PM
An update for all Yale applicants: Yale have started the process of making their MBA program STEM certified. It'll most likely be in place for the class of 2022, maybe even earlier. This news was sent via email to all current students earlier this week.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
Kudos
Yale is my number one and they are the only school that hasnt got back to me!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I was on an on campus info session and they said they havent gotten through a MAJORITY of applications yet. So sit tight everyone! She told me to essentially wait, possibly all the way to decision day. She mentioned it's the most applications as well, so pretty competitive. They want to make sure they're making an informed decision. Doesn't bode well for us R2 applicants
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
thomkatt wrote:
I was on an on campus info session and they said they havent gotten through a MAJORITY of applications yet. So sit tight everyone! She told me to essentially wait, possibly all the way to decision day. She mentioned it's the most applications as well, so pretty competitive. They want to make sure they're making an informed decision. Doesn't bode well for us R2 applicants

I feel like she might just be providing a general statement. A lot of other schools have already released their round 2 decisions and they have similar application volumes as Yale.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
markmba1990 wrote:
thomkatt wrote:

I feel like she might just be providing a general statement. A lot of other schools have already released their round 2 decisions and they have similar application volumes as Yale.

based on gmatclub and livewire info, it seems to be true of what she said. I also met some US/international applicants there and they haven't heard any news either. Otherwise, why keep us in the dark? What could they be waiting for? torturing us for funsies?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GRE 1: Q169 V157
Send PM
thomkatt wrote:

Are you trying to say it's the most applications they've ever received? That'd highly likely be a lie because app volume is drastically decreasing in this good economy. This link will show it. Yale had 4,100 apps 2 years ago to 3,200 last year. Very, very unlikely with the continue economic rise that it's even more than last year.
https://poetsandquants.com/2019/08/22/a ... e-again/2/
Manager
Manager
Send PM
erlandgas wrote:
thomkatt wrote:

Are you trying to say it's the most applications they've ever received? That'd highly likely be a lie because app volume is drastically decreasing in this good economy. This link will show it. Yale had 4,100 apps 2 years ago to 3,200 last year. Very, very unlikely with the continue economic rise that it's even more than last year.

most applications for the round. so more in r2 than in r1. I mentioned it doesnt bode well for us R2 applicants. It's a given everyone knows all schools are suffering from application dropoffs at almost every school
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [1]
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GRE 1: Q169 V157
Send PM
thomkatt wrote:
erlandgas wrote:
thomkatt wrote:

most applications for the round. so more in r2 than in r1. I mentioned it doesnt bode well for us R2 applicants. It's a given everyone knows all schools are suffering from application dropoffs at almost every school

I don't want to assume that GMAT club data is telling of everything but for now 123 applied R1 and 87 R2. The data may be off; it's unlikely with that totalling over 200 apps though. Some people might wait until decision date to input their info. It'd have to be over 36 people to though. I'd be willing to bet there aren't more round 2 apps then round 1. That doesn't happen often at any top school any year. My guess is that's something admissions says every year because they feel overwhelmed. The data doesn't suggest that.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
erlandgas wrote:

I don't want to assume that GMAT club data is telling of everything but for now 123 applied R1 and 87 R2. The data may be off; it's unlikely with that totalling over 200 apps though. Some people might wait until decision date to input their info. It'd have to be over 36 people to though. I'd be willing to bet there aren't more round 2 apps then round 1. That doesn't happen often at any top school any year. My guess is that's something admissions says every year because they feel overwhelmed. The data doesn't suggest that.

There's many factors at play here. People were probably very ambitious and zealous in round 1, but have lost energy, motivation, and rythmn by round 2 (i know I have) and thus are under reporting. I bet there's more R2 applicants than R1 for a myriad of reasons: waiting to get a higher gmat score, waiting to write the best essays, squeezing in a campus visit, etc. The truth of the matter is, neither of us have hard and reliable data to support our conjectures. I'm just going by what the adcoms said. That weighs more than guessing. Especially since there's no good reason for giving plattitudes. They Could have just said other things, like "we're deliberating closely", or "we haven't begun the review process yet".
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 59
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 2: 770 Q49 V46
Send PM
erlandgas wrote:
thomkatt wrote:
erlandgas wrote:

That's not entirely accurate. YSOM's R2 and R1 are usually evenly split, but at Ross, for example, R2 is the biggest round (They quite openly reveal this in their info webinars).

While application volume might be down everywhere, it is also possible that this year might see a modest improvement. Anecdotally, a lot of people I know are applying purely after noticing the dramatic increase in acceptance rates at big names like Tuck.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts