Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 03:37 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 03:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [23]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 106 [4]
Given Kudos: 32
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Re: COVID-19 Outbreak: Updates from Business Schools [#permalink]
Expert Reply

Updates from Yale SOM

https://som.yale.edu/news/2020/03/impac ... m-programs
  • Yale has added an additional “Round 3 Extended” deadline of May 27
  • Additional 10 days to submit a GMAT or GRE test score for R3 applicants (until April 24).
  • Deadline of the Executive program is unchanged.
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1360 [2]
Given Kudos: 641
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus (II)
Send PM
Kudos
Emory is really one of the direct examples that trigger a legitimate question. Is it worth to pay that much to do an online MBA even you land the US? Everyone must weigh the pros against cons.

Wish all to be safe
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72889 [2]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
April 3, 2020 - SMU Cox Waives GMAT/GRE Requirements Through August 2020

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/smu-cox- ... 21196.html

Quote:
Extraordinary times call for extraordinary measures. In response to the many challenges posed by COVID-19, the SMU Cox School of Business will take critical steps to accommodate current graduate school applicants. Effective immediately, SMU Cox will waive some standard application requirements, most notably the GMAT/GRE, for all graduate programs beginning May 2020 and August 2020. Additionally, the school will extend its Fall 2020 deadline for MBA and Master of Science applications to Monday, August 2, 2020:
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [2]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
As per dbsheta

The Start Date for the Marshall FT-MBA program has changed.

International Student Orientation: August 17, 2020
All Class Orientation: August 18 – 21, 2020
Start of Core Classes: August 24, 2020.

dbsheta do you have a website link to this update or was this communicated through email?
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 991 [0]
Given Kudos: 421
GMAT 1: 600 Q46 V27
Send PM
I am pretty sure this is not the right forum but I don't want to create a new thread.

Can some expert share thoughts on MBA this year vs next year? A holistic approach keeping in mind : someone who already has a good score/someone who was thinking to take second attempt to apply for next, schools that are still decent/good options, implications of economy/job market..

If that makes sense!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 106 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
I know that e-mails have also been sent.

workout wrote:
As per dbsheta

The Start Date for the Marshall FT-MBA program has changed.

International Student Orientation: August 17, 2020
All Class Orientation: August 18 – 21, 2020
Start of Core Classes: August 24, 2020.

dbsheta do you have a website link to this update or was this communicated through email?

Posted from my mobile device
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72889 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Many of the schools are only sending out emails and are not posting official updates. Not sure why but I guess they have to email the group of admitted students anyway so why duplicate the work? Also I guess keeping things private in case they change further and they don’t have to update it in multiple places...

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 106 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I second that. Also, a lot of schools are keeping it very open ended and giving very wide array of options. Some are giving option to continue trying to land in the US without ensuring in the first place when physical classes will start (it is uncertain at this moment for sure).

MSx program at Stanford is getting a lot of flak from students publicly.
bb wrote:
Many of the schools are only sending out emails and are not posting official updates. Not sure why but I guess they have to email the group of admitted students anyway so why duplicate the work? Also I guess keeping things private in case they change further and they don’t have to update it in multiple places...

MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [1]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
The Start Date for the Duke Fuqua MBA program has changed.

Student Orientation: August 31, 2020
Start of the Classes: September 3, 2020.

Few other important things to note from the email they sent out:
Quote:
  • With the issues in the delays of visa processing, our goal is to offer an offer in which individuals can begin the program online and then join everyone in Durham as soon as they are able to.
  • In the event, public health restrictions prevent anyone from being on the campus, the goal would be to start the program fully online.

This update was communicated through an email.
Vantage Point Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [4]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos