It is currently 22 Nov 2017, 17:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please Review my Profile- Experience at MNC Startup Experience

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 4

Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 2.96
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Please Review my Profile- Experience at MNC Startup Experience [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2017, 11:13
Hi Stratus Consulting! I see that you are very responsive to profile evaluation requests! I hope you spare some time for evaluating mine as well.

Nationality: Indian
Male
GMAT: 650 (Q-48, V-31, IR-7, AWA-6.0)

Undergraduation: Electronics Engineering from MDU, GPA: 2.90/5
Interned at MTNL(Indian Government Telecommunication company), submitting research projects
Also interned at a Indian Airways to submit an project work about Radars.

Postgraduation: PGDM from IMT(Top 25 college in India) CGPA: 6.7/10
Interned at IDBI Life Insurance worked on a original project about stock market analysis.

Professional Work Experience: Consultant at Dell International service (21 months)
Worked as ERP Consultant on Oracle Fusion Software
Worked on Finance and HR side with different clients.
During 6 months managed a team of 4 people and delivered targets to our client.
Certifications include Scrum Certified Product Owner, Oracle Fusion Implementation consultant.

Startup Experience : Co-Founder at Agri-Tech Business(12+ months)
Dealing in B2B and B2C delivery of fresh fruits and vegetable directly from farms.
Lead a team of 15 people.
Handled most of the things Supply chain, Customer satisfaction, Marketing, Dealing and convincing the customer.
Worked intensively on operations and marketing side applied the knowledge learned from my post graduation.
Maintained an intensive ERP for inventory storage and supply chain, applied knowledge of ERP from Dell services.
Planning to shut down the company in next few months as we are not able to raise funding.

Leadership experience: Leading a small team at Dell services and achieving more than the target.
Leading and guiding a team of 15 people running and handling day to day operation at Agri-Tech business.

Extra Curriculars :
Member of NCC(National Cadet Corps) done some small social work. Nothing in detail.

MBA Target Schools: Personally I haven't searched much but I am looking for colleges which can offer me scholarships and are good in ranking and placements I want to major in Management Consulting as I have experience about running and managing a business and I want to use my knowledge and build a career in management consulting.

Post MBA Plans: To work with M/B/B as a Strategy and Leadership consultant.

Please let me know my chances of getting scholarships at some good schools.

Thank You!

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 4

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Stratus Admissions Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 88 [1], given: 37

Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge
Re: Please Review my Profile- Experience at MNC Startup Experience [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2017, 16:51
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
shivamkumar07 wrote:
Hi Stratus Consulting! I see that you are very responsive to profile evaluation requests! I hope you spare some time for evaluating mine as well.
Hi shivamkumar07, happy to provide some thoughts on your profile and will do so below...
Nationality: Indian
Male
GMAT: 650 (Q-48, V-31, IR-7, AWA-6.0)

Undergraduation: Electronics Engineering from MDU, GPA: 2.90/5 All of this really puts you square in the middle of a very, very, crowded pool- so you are going to have to work hard in your application to find something special that can set you apart.
This in no ways means you don't have some good things- but just not what will stand out in this tough pool. I would say trying to get your verbal GMAT score up could really help to lift the GMAT to closer to 700 and that would help a lot too.

Interned at MTNL(Indian Government Telecommunication company), submitting research projects
Also interned at a Indian Airways to submit an project work about Radars.

Postgraduation: PGDM from IMT(Top 25 college in India) CGPA: 6.7/10
Interned at IDBI Life Insurance worked on a original project about stock market analysis.

Professional Work Experience: Consultant at Dell International service (21 months)
Worked as ERP Consultant on Oracle Fusion Software
Worked on Finance and HR side with different clients.
During 6 months managed a team of 4 people and delivered targets to our client.
Certifications include Scrum Certified Product Owner, Oracle Fusion Implementation consultant.This is very typical experience in this pool also- so what you need to do is really highlight some specific RESULTS and how YOU were able to do this job more in a way that exceeds what others in similar roles have done.

Startup Experience : Co-Founder at Agri-Tech Business(12+ months)This starts to get a bit more interesting here-
lots to work with with entrepreneurship, food startups, sustainability etc- some schools that come to mind where this might resonate:
Georgetown, Fuqua, Haas, Yale...

Dealing in B2B and B2C delivery of fresh fruits and vegetable directly from farms.
Lead a team of 15 people.Also a good source of team leadership reflection- what worked best in motivating your team?What kinds of things did you learn building your team?
Handled most of the things Supply chain, Customer satisfaction, Marketing, Dealing and convincing the customer.
Worked intensively on operations and marketing side applied the knowledge learned from my post graduation.
Maintained an intensive ERP for inventory storage and supply chain, applied knowledge of ERP from Dell services.
Planning to shut down the company in next few months as we are not able to raise funding. It's OK to fail, be sure to think about WHAT you learned and how having an MBA might help you be more successful in the future.

Leadership experience: Leading a small team at Dell services and achieving more than the target.
Leading and guiding a team of 15 people running and handling day to day operation at Agri-Tech business.

Extra Curriculars :
Member of NCC(National Cadet Corps) done some small social work. Nothing in detail.

MBA Target Schools: Personally I haven't searched much but I am looking for colleges which can offer me scholarships and are good in ranking and placements I want to major in Management Consulting as I have experience about running and managing a business and I want to use my knowledge and build a career in management consulting.

Post MBA Plans: To work with M/B/B as a Strategy and Leadership consultant.

Please let me know my chances of getting scholarships at some good schools.You are going to have to keep working on the GMAT to bump it up a bit to be competitive at top US schools- I would look at Rotman in Canada, I would look at Kelley, Carlson,
Emory, maybe Rice. I don't see scholarships happening unless you can get a GMAT score that is 20-40 points OVER the stated average for that school. If you want to reach out to us for a free consult, we can give you more specific tips- to do that sign up at this link:
https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... b-visitor/

I do think there are some interesting things in your profile with the entrepreneurial venture and what you learned from that experience,
you will need to tell specific stories of what you learned and also know why each program can help you post MBA. Also, for M/B/B it really helps to have a GMAT pretty highly north of 700 so you'd need to work on that not just for getting into MBA, but also for going for M/B/B. I think working in an operations role for a company like Amazon could also be a great first out of the gates MBA job and Amazon is hiring TONS of MBAs and also very good about hiring folks from India - and they recruit at probably all the top 30 programs - maybe more! So going to any good program can give you a good pathway to Amazon and they hired 1,000 MBAs last year! https://poetsandquants.com/2017/10/04/a ... as-a-year/

Thank You!

Donna | StratusMBACounselor | Stratus Admissions Counseling

Kudos [?]: 88 [1], given: 37

Re: Please Review my Profile- Experience at MNC Startup Experience   [#permalink] 22 Oct 2017, 16:51

Please Review my Profile- Experience at MNC Startup Experience

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap