Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 22:20 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 22:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [2]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all MIT-LGO Applicants(2015 Intake) -Class of 2017 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
AndrewLGO2016 wrote:
As a new member to the forum, I can't link you directly to the LGO website but I've included a list of links attached to this post. Check it out and let us know what questions you have, or just use this as a no-stress place to chat with other applicants!

Hi Andrew,

Warm welcome to you and thank you very much for sharing crucial information about program. I am happy to share your links on behalf of you. :)

AndrewLGO2016 wrote:
Some of the best resources for LGO are on the program’s website: https://lgo.mit.edu/
https://lgo.mit.edu/docs/MIT_LGO_brochure.pdf
I’d also check out the main program blog, student blogs, and alumni blogs: https://lgo.mit.edu/student-blogs/ To formally introduce yourself to LGO and receive event invites and other information: https://lgo.mit.edu/apply/connect-with-lgo/ Follow us on Twitter and Facebook: https://twitter.com/MITlgo
https://www.facebook.com/mitlgo

Regards,
Narenn
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
I'm thinking of applying to the LGO program for Engineering Systems. My current work, which I very much enjoy, involves managing an international manufacturing pipeline, which seems to fit in nicely with the Manufacturing Systems and Supply Chain track. However, my background is in Economics, not engineering. My gpa and test scores are competitive, but I'm not sure if my lack of formal engineering education essentially disqualifies me the LGO program. Any advice people have would be appreciated. Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Ambassador Day is coming up!

Each year, MIT Leaders for Global Operations (LGO) hosts a special day of events when prospective applicants can spend a full day at MIT to learn more about the program. This year, LGO Ambassador Day and Information Evening will take place on Monday, Nov. 3, 2014. The current agenda can be found below, and the detailed agenda can be found here.

Ambassador Day Schedule (9:30am - 5:30pm)
By sitting in on a class, having lunch with current LGO students and admissions staff, and touring the MIT campus, you’ll begin to understand what life is like as an LGO student.

9:30-10:30 Register in the Sloan building (E62-233)
10:00-12:00 Attend a class or tour the MIT campus
12:00-1:00 Enjoy lunch with current LGO students & staff
1:00-2:30 Tour the MIT campus or attend a class
2:30-4:00 Attend Breakout Sessions & Information Fair
4:00-5:30 Attend a partner company seminar

Information Evening (5:30pm - 8:30pm)
This event will include remarks from Executive Director of the Center for Transportation and Logistics, Chris Caplice, a presentation by LGO Program Executive Director Thomas Roemer, and a student and alumni panel discussion. It will offer you an excellent opportunity to connect with LGO students, alumni, faculty, and staff members. Registration will begin at 5:30 on the first floor of MIT Building E62.

If you have not already RSVP'ed, please let us know if you would like to attend by emailing Leah Schouten, LGO Admissions Coordinator at schouten@mit.edu.

We look forward to meeting you!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
dropkiquer wrote:
I'm thinking of applying to the LGO program for Engineering Systems. My current work, which I very much enjoy, involves managing an international manufacturing pipeline, which seems to fit in nicely with the Manufacturing Systems and Supply Chain track. However, my background is in Economics, not engineering. My gpa and test scores are competitive, but I'm not sure if my lack of formal engineering education essentially disqualifies me the LGO program. Any advice people have would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi, sorry for the long delay in response! The most competitive applicants to the LGO program typically have an undergraduate engineering or science background. If you have a transcript that shows any science or engineering coursework while getting your Economics degree, that would contribute to the strength of your application.

I hope you're still interested in applying! You can contact schouten@mit.edu if you have any more detailed questions about your academic background.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [0]
Given Kudos: 753
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Ross School of Business - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.2
WE:Project Management (Other)
Send PM
And all this while I thought MIT thread is for LGO applicant as well..!
Blame my ignorance ...
Thanks for taking the initiative Narenn .. only God would know how much effort you put into GC everyday!! :thumbup:

AndrewLGO2016 - Hi Andrew, I have a question. First a bit about me. I have undergrad in Electronics & Comms Engg. My work profile - Project Management in Railway Construction (Signaling & Comms Systems). 7 years of workex at matriculation. I want to diversify into clean energy field & entrepreneurship. The question is, would LGO be helpful in pursuing entrepreneurship? It is my medium term goal and I want to use bschool experience to work on my venture. So, I really need curriculum support. So far, I found that Engineering Systems Division would be most suitable for me.
I am also curious to know about internship opportunities for candidates who'll need visas for internship. I read on website that MIT is apprehensive of candidates who might be a trouble for sponsoring companies.
P.S. I won't be able to attend Ambassador's Day. :| But would it be possible to patch me to any student interested in Entrepreneurship or Energy or both?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, Operations
Send PM
Hello,

I am interested in the MIT- LGO course.
I have the following questions

1. What is the GMAT score requirements(Avg?)
2. I see the deadline to be Dec15th, 2014. Is there a subsequent R2 or is it the final deadline?
3. Is there a latest recruitment statistics for LGO program? Can anyone forward me the same?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Concentration: Operations, Technology
Schools: Sloan '14 (I)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.54
WE:Engineering (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Kudos
LGO alum here, doing some message board stalking. I figured I can help answer a few questions.

neo656 - Less LGOs go into entrepreneurship than the general Sloan population, but it's possible. Two from the class ahead of me are doing a start up based on technology developed during a hackathon on campus: https://lgo.mit.edu/news/articles/podime ... ersen.html. Knowing several Sloanie classmates who worked on starting their companies while still at school, it's a huge commitment to do on top of an MBA (basically working full time while taking classes), and the additional engineering coursework makes it that much more difficult. But it's definitely been done, and if you're strategic you can refine the business plan/develop the product as class projects in certain classes.

As for LGO internships, a few are restricted to US citizens (usually defense companies), but I don't think most are.

Albert C. is a second year who was on last year's Clean Energy Prize winning team, he'd be a good person to talk to about energy and entrepreneurship. His contact info, and many others, are at https://lgo.mit.edu/apply/ask-a-student/. One of my favorite classes at Sloan was Energy Ventures which focuses specifically on energy entrepreneurship.

prakash85 - average GMAT is 712. General stats at https://lgo.mit.edu/apply/qualifications/
Just one deadline. If you aren't accepted into LGO, you will automatically be considered for Sloan R2 (there are several every year who get into Sloan that were dinged from LGO).
Recruiting stats: https://lgo.mit.edu/career-development/e ... tatistics/

Good luck everyone on their applications!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [0]
Given Kudos: 753
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Ross School of Business - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.2
WE:Project Management (Other)
Send PM
Thanks for such a detailed response ntan :)
It appears that regular MBA would work best for me.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
GRE 1: Q164 V163
GPA: 3.81
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
It's the day after the application deadline - you made it :)
I wish all prospective LGO 17s a low-stress waiting period. Good luck
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V39
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
when interview invites are sent?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Concentration: Operations, Leadership
GRE 1: Q170 V159
GPA: 3.91
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
Last year, they were sent around the second week of January.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Technology, International Business
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
Send PM
So quiet in here.
I hope people start posting once the interview invites go out!
I am an international applicant, so I am expecting a late invite, if fortunate enough, but sooner the better.
Good luck to all!
Hoping for the best.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Nothing here yet. Also international.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GRE 1: Q165 V164
Send PM
I am a reapplicant, and last year we received the first wave (which was most, but not all) interview invites on 15 January.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
dukenavybs wrote:
I am a reapplicant, and last year we received the first wave (which was most, but not all) interview invites on 15 January.

Thanks for posting and good luck this year! It's a short time away but still... Time feels so slow when you're waiting.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
dukenavybs wrote:

Do you know if international applicants ad US citizens/residents get the interview invitations during at the same time?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
GRE 1: Q165 V164
Send PM
Kudos
Last year we did - the initial round of interview invites came out on 15 Jan and interview weekend was Super Bowl Weekend (that Friday and Monday). International applicants that could make it to campus were interviewed the same day(s) as the rest of us. I do not have any information on additional waves of invites (if there even were any).
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts