Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 05:30 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 165
Concentration: Operations, Social Entrepreneurship
GRE 1: Q161 V169
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GRE 1: Q162 V155
GPA: 3.8
WE:General Management (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GRE 1: Q162 V155
GPA: 3.8
WE:General Management (Other)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]
Kudos
Aaliyah537 wrote:
TechSA wrote:
Any Africans or Stanford Africa finalists for R1? :D South African here.

First time applicant. Nigerian. Not sure what you mean by finalist though. :?

Is that the fellowship for Africans?

Yes, that's the fellowship for Africans.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GPA: 3.7
WE:Marketing (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]
-

Originally posted by MBA10012 on 21 Sep 2017, 10:21.
Last edited by MBA10012 on 19 Dec 2018, 14:17, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
Me!

New Zealand citizen but living in Australia. Go Kiwis and Aussies!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
Send PM
Email from admissions this morning:

16 October through 14 November 2017: Interview Invitations
During this period, we will extend interview invitations daily via email. Interviews are by invitation only, and an interview is required for admission. We hope to interview roughly 1,000 applicants this application year.

If you are invited to interview, you will receive an invitation between 16 October and 14 November. We will send Round 1 interview invitations once each weekday at 10:30 am Pacific Time (so no need to refresh your email all day).

If you have not received an interview invitation by 14 November, you will not be interviewed in this round.

Still so long to wait!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 165
Concentration: Operations, Social Entrepreneurship
GRE 1: Q161 V169
Send PM
jz818 wrote:

During this period, we will extend interview invitations daily via email. Interviews are by invitation only, and an interview is required for admission. We hope to interview roughly 1,000 applicants this application year.

If you are invited to interview, you will receive an invitation between 16 October and 14 November. We will send Round 1 interview invitations once each weekday at 10:30 am Pacific Time (so no need to refresh your email all day).

If you have not received an interview invitation by 14 November, you will not be interviewed in this round.

Still so long to wait!

I nearly had a heart attack when I saw that email in my inbox today. Thought "that's a fast ding" :lol:
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Kudos
stockdot wrote:
Any other Australians or New Zealanders submit?

Yes, me too! Kiwi applied in R1. Best of luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
GRE taken not GMAT 164Q 162V

Application Submitted on: 2017/09/19
GMAT: 700, Q45, V38
GPA: 3.62
WE: 84 months
Industry: Real Estate
Submited on: 2017/09/19
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 1180 [0]
Given Kudos: 236
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.92
WE:General Management (Transportation)
Send PM
One of the reasons why I did not apply in R1 was lack of recommenders.
Has anyone had similar problems?
I got my manager from my previous employer to write one, but it's been already over 3 years since I left that employer...
from my current employer...I won't get any...
last year when I applied in R2, I got one from company's lawyer...but I guess it wasn't good enough either...

I'm afraid this problem will keep me long time away from applying to any university...
Board of Directors
Send PM
Here's a link to the interview with profbiodun, who got the Stanford Africa Fellowship last year!

https://www.bellanaija.com/2017/09/abio ... te-school/

Congrats to him one more time!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.58
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
Kudos
Aaliyah537 wrote:
jz818 wrote:

Still so long to wait!

I nearly had a heart attack when I saw that email in my inbox today. Thought "that's a fast ding" :lol:

You are not the only one. Especially they call it "update from adm" on the second day you send in application. Not good for heart.....
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 1180 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
brucewu11 wrote:
Aaliyah537 wrote:
jz818 wrote:

Still so long to wait!

You are not the only one. Especially they call it "update from adm" on the second day you send in application. Not good for heart.....

Oh, I remember it from last year's app...I went through the same thing...and they emailed such updates 2-3 times...anxiety at the maximum level...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q37 V49
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
mvictor wrote:
I got my manager from my previous employer to write one, but it's been already over 3 years since I left that employer...
last year when I applied in R2, I got one from company's lawyer...but I guess it wasn't good enough either...

I'm afraid this problem will keep me long time away from applying to any university...

There is an option in the recommendation section to give a reason why a direct manager is not writing a recommendation. In my case, I had a business partner write one of my recommendations and one from a extra curricular activity I do. Thought it was a nice way to balance myself professionally and otherwise. Let's see if it works when interviews come out.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Now that R1 has submitted, I'm interested to know what everyone put as their award/achievement? I couldn't really think of any at work where formally recognized achievement on a piece of paper or medal is close to nonexistent. I put one down from undergrad but I was at school a long time ago :P
Board of Directors
Send PM
TechSA wrote:
mvictor wrote:

There is an option in the recommendation section to give a reason why a direct manager is not writing a recommendation. In my case, I had a business partner write one of my recommendations and one from a extra curricular activity I do. Thought it was a nice way to balance myself professionally and otherwise. Let's see if it works when interviews come out.

well...I'm general manager of the company...so I guess the only one who could get me a recommendation letter is the owner of the company; the problem is - if the owner writes, I will never get in...as there will be lots of grammar mistakes + he would never agree to do so...

TechSA wrote:
Now that R1 has submitted, I'm interested to know what everyone put as their award/achievement? I couldn't really think of any at work where formally recognized achievement on a piece of paper or medal is close to nonexistent. I put one down from undergrad but I was at school a long time ago :P

if admission committee puts any value on this subject, then I definitely have no chance of getting in...I am just a regular guy, without much of achievements or awards...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
GPA: 3.7
WE:Marketing (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Did anyone apply for the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program? Feeling free from applications now that it's submitted!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Kudos
stockdot wrote:
Did anyone apply for the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program? Feeling free from applications now that it's submitted!

I did. Fingers crossed. This program is truly amazing.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
stockdot wrote:

I did too :) What's everyone's background may I ask?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  24   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts