It is currently 16 Jan 2018, 23:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
6 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 27 Oct 2017
Posts: 10

Kudos [?]: 10 [6], given: 1

Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2017, 10:25
6
This post received
KUDOS
Got the invite today!!! :-)

Invited to Interview: 2017/10/30
Heard back via: Email
Location: Cambridge, MA (originally from Central Asia; first-year graduate student at Harvard Kennedy School)
GPA: 3.71 (from Top-30 US university with double honors in quantitative majors)
WE: 15 months (4 months launching an NGO in home country, 7 months in consulting, 3 months at the UN)
Industry: Non-profit/Social impact
Post-MBA career goal: Entrepreneurship
Submited on: 2017/09/19

Stanford GSB is absolutely a dream school. Also applied for the Knight-Hennessy Scholarship.

Kudos [?]: 10 [6], given: 1

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Mar 2017
Posts: 2

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 2

Location: United Kingdom
Schools: Stanford '20 (S)
GPA: 3.9
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2017, 11:20
1
This post received
KUDOS
john9922

Congratulations!!! must be a great feeling. Best of luck preparing for it.

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 2

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Mar 2016
Posts: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2017, 13:56
Is it confirmed that all invites are being sent out at 1:30et each day?

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 31 Oct 2017
Posts: 2

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2017, 10:44
1
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hey guys,

I am a new user here. I am a college senior from Eastern Europe interested in learning more about the Stanford's Deferred enrollment program from anyone that might have any further clue.

1. Do you have any stats? Acceptance rates or "class profile"?
2. Is it ok to apply together with HBS 2+2 in R3, or am I supposed to apply in R1/R2 (basically R2 since R1 deadline has passed a long time ago)?
3. Say for example you have been admitted for class of 2023, could you ask to further defer enrollment after that period of time (as you can at HBS up to 2 extra years after the 2 first years)?

Also, I am supposed to post such questions in a different thread of the forum?

Thank you so much in advance.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 17 Oct 2017
Posts: 18

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 4

Location: Nigeria
Schools: Stanford '20 (D)
GMAT 1: 800 Q60 V60
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2017, 11:52
culdesac wrote:
Is it confirmed that all invites are being sent out at 1:30et each day?
The email from Stanford specifically stated 10:30AM PT.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 4

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 17 Oct 2017
Posts: 18

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 4

Location: Nigeria
Schools: Stanford '20 (D)
GMAT 1: 800 Q60 V60
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2017, 11:53
BillyM26 wrote:
Hey guys,

I am a new user here. I am a college senior from Eastern Europe interested in learning more about the Stanford's Deferred enrollment program from anyone that might have any further clue.

1. Do you have any stats? Acceptance rates or "class profile"?
2. Is it ok to apply together with HBS 2+2 in R3, or am I supposed to apply in R1/R2 (basically R2 since R1 deadline has passed a long time ago)?
3. Say for example you have been admitted for class of 2023, could you ask to further defer enrollment after that period of time (as you can at HBS up to 2 extra years after the 2 first years)?

Also, I am supposed to post such questions in a different thread of the forum?

Thank you so much in advance.


Please write to the admissions office. They will be glad to answer any questions you may have.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 4

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 02 Oct 2014
Posts: 23

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Location: India
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE: General Management (Other)
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2017, 11:56
Are most of the invites sent over the next two weeks? Very little activity so far!

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 17 Oct 2017
Posts: 18

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 4

Location: Nigeria
Schools: Stanford '20 (D)
GMAT 1: 800 Q60 V60
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2017, 12:11
mk10071986 wrote:
Are most of the invites sent over the next two weeks? Very little activity so far!
My theory is the Adcom runs through the entire application for the round and start sending invites on a second read through. This way, they get to build the diversity they want in the class....Diversity not based on race, age or work experience... but diversity in the contribution your experience and aspiration brings to the class.

Makes sense that the bulk of the invites will be from tomorrow.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 4

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 02 Oct 2014
Posts: 23

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Location: India
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE: General Management (Other)
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2017, 12:39
Thefort: Thank You! Just wanted to say 'well done' for the 800 on GMAT :)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 17 Oct 2017
Posts: 18

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 4

Location: Nigeria
Schools: Stanford '20 (D)
GMAT 1: 800 Q60 V60
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2017, 13:10
mk10071986 wrote:
Thefort: Thank You! Just wanted to say 'well done' for the 800 on GMAT :)


Thank you. You're far too kind.

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 4

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 08 Feb 2017
Posts: 35

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 12

Location: United States
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2017, 09:41
Thefort wrote:
mk10071986 wrote:
Are most of the invites sent over the next two weeks? Very little activity so far!
My theory is the Adcom runs through the entire application for the round and start sending invites on a second read through. This way, they get to build the diversity they want in the class....Diversity not based on race, age or work experience... but diversity in the contribution your experience and aspiration brings to the class.

Makes sense that the bulk of the invites will be from tomorrow.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


Specifically 11/1? Or do you just mean generally in Nov?

Agree it has been pretty quiet on here.

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 12

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 01 Mar 2017
Posts: 9

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Schools: Stanford '20 (S)
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2017, 09:50
jz818 wrote:
Thefort wrote:
mk10071986 wrote:
Are most of the invites sent over the next two weeks? Very little activity so far!
My theory is the Adcom runs through the entire application for the round and start sending invites on a second read through. This way, they get to build the diversity they want in the class....Diversity not based on race, age or work experience... but diversity in the contribution your experience and aspiration brings to the class.

Makes sense that the bulk of the invites will be from tomorrow.



Specifically 11/1? Or do you just mean generally in Nov?

Agree it has been pretty quiet on here.


Might also be that people are less prone to report this year? looks like they have historically (2016) been sending invites fairly evenly across the period, but this year there have been fewer reports.
EDIT: Clarification, this is GSB only
Attachments

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG [ 30.41 KiB | Viewed 3311 times ]


Last edited by KLANO on 01 Nov 2017, 10:08, edited 1 time in total.

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Apr 2016
Posts: 7

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 5

Location: United States (NY)
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.51
Premium Member
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2017, 09:54
mk10071986 wrote:

Might also be that people are less prone to report this year? looks like they have historically (2016) been sending invites fairly evenly across the period, but this year there have been fewer reports.


Very interesting graph. I felt that there were a ton of people reporting yesterday immediate after the Wharton emails came out. Curious to see how that compares to last year's reporting rate as well (assuming your graph is just for GSB, not across all schools).

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 5

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 16 Jan 2017
Posts: 7

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Location: United States
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.5
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2017, 15:28
Got an interview invite last Friday and confirmed my location on the application website. Haven't heard anything this week. Does anyone know how long it takes for someone to reach out to you to schedule the interview?

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Posts: 19

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Schools: Stanford '20 (S)
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2017, 17:48
atlashugged wrote:
Got an interview invite last Friday and confirmed my location on the application website. Haven't heard anything this week. Does anyone know how long it takes for someone to reach out to you to schedule the interview?



They generally match you with an interviewer within ten days, according to my friend who interviewed last year.

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 13 Sep 2017
Posts: 15

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Location: United States (NY)
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.94
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2017, 19:43
atlashugged wrote:
Got an interview invite last Friday and confirmed my location on the application website. Haven't heard anything this week. Does anyone know how long it takes for someone to reach out to you to schedule the interview?


I received a reply from my interviewer within about 48 hours from emailing him. We scheduled our interview for about 7-8 days later (as referenced, it needs to be scheduled within 10 days of the initial email from admissions). Given that you haven't heard anything after about 5 days, I would follow-up.

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Board of Directors
User avatar
P
Joined: 17 Jul 2014
Posts: 2718

Kudos [?]: 462 [0], given: 210

Location: United States (IL)
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.92
WE: General Management (Transportation)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2017, 10:08
Thanks everyone for the kind words. :)

p.s. anyone applying to USA MBA Fellowship?

Kudos [?]: 462 [0], given: 210

Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 18 May 2016
Posts: 83

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 105

Location: United States
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
WE: Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2017, 06:47
Feeling LIT!!

Researching or Writing Essays
Location: India
GMAT: 700, Q49, V35
GPA: 3.5
WE: 44 months
Industry: Non-Profit and Government
_________________

GMAT chronicles : 670-->660--> 700--> 650--> 680-->660--> 610-->700 (main exam)-->710--740-->700 (main exam again) -->Target 740+

Never never never never NEVER give up!!


I can and I will- watch me.

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 105

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Mar 2017
Posts: 2

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Location: United Kingdom
Schools: Stanford '20 (S)
GPA: 3.9
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2017, 07:55
So has anyone in London/U.K. got an invite yet? :)

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

2 KUDOS received
Board of Directors
User avatar
P
Joined: 17 Jul 2014
Posts: 2718

Kudos [?]: 462 [2], given: 210

Location: United States (IL)
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.92
WE: General Management (Transportation)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2017, 09:25
2
This post received
KUDOS
For international applicants, maybe you'll find it interesting!

Kudos [?]: 462 [2], given: 210

Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!   [#permalink] 06 Nov 2017, 09:25

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  18    Next  [ 357 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: ydmuley, mvictor



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.