Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 08:27 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 08:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 201 [1]
Given Kudos: 71
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51452 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
While I think that’s true for most of the applicants, I think over represented people have a different scenario.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V29
GMAT 2: 690 Q48 V36
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Wow congrats guys, and best of luck. Still waiting for my interview request....:|
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
FuturePM91 wrote:
akasrungta wrote:
Same - just got an off-campus interview invite for Philadelphia U.S.

...that is quite a list of schools akasrungta ! How many of those are you applying to in Round 1 why so many?

Re: interviews..nothing here I also picked off campus but I am not near Philly.

Haha - i had added those in when i was not sure about the final list i was applying to.. Need to update that list!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
souvik101990 wrote:
While I think that’s true for most of the applicants, I think over represented people have a different scenario.

Any stats on what% Indians on GMATClub applied vs interviewed last year.

Sent from my XT1580 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 271 [0]
Given Kudos: 80
Send PM
I am checking this thread and my email every 5 minutes it feels like. I'm afraid that being in Australia where there are so few (so very few) alumni that it may take awhile for me to get an invite. The waiting part of the process is painful.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GMAT 2: 720 Q46 V42
GPA: 3.37
Send PM
Did you guys get a confirmation email stating your application was submitted AFTER the video interview? I got one from Kira Talent acknowledging that my interview was complete but nothing from Kellogg after that.

Maybe I'm just being paranoid - but the other schools I'm applying to sent an overall formal email saying "congratulations you've applied to Round 1" or something along those lines.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 271 [0]
Given Kudos: 80
Send PM
artihcs wrote:
Did you guys get a confirmation email stating your application was submitted AFTER the video interview? I got one from Kira Talent acknowledging that my interview was complete but nothing from Kellogg after that.

Maybe I'm just being paranoid - but the other schools I'm applying to sent an overall formal email saying "congratulations you've applied to Round 1" or something along those lines.

Kellogg should have sent an email acknowledging receipt of your application prior to the video essay. Then you receive the Kira email and nothing further for Kellogg. If you want to confirm they received everything you can check the status of your application and it will have everything checked and saying "Application submitted __date__"
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GMAT 2: 720 Q46 V42
GPA: 3.37
Send PM
redfield wrote:
artihcs wrote:

Kellogg should have sent an email acknowledging receipt of your application prior to the video essay. Then you receive the Kira email and nothing further for Kellogg. If you want to confirm they received everything you can check the status of your application and it will have everything checked and saying "Application submitted __date__"

Okay - sounds about right. Guess it's just the wait making me paranoid. Thanks!

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.84
Send PM
I got my off-campus interview invite yesterday and I'm in Canada. I reached out to the alum yesterday but haven't heard back yet :(
And I also got the email from their Admissions team asking if I have more questions
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V29
GMAT 2: 690 Q48 V36
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
summerldr wrote:
I got my off-campus interview invite yesterday and I'm in Canada. I reached out to the alum yesterday but haven't heard back yet :(
And I also got the email from their Admissions team asking if I have more questions

oh wow congrats! where in Canada are you located...I'm in Calgary and getting super anxious..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.84
Send PM
bigbirdferda wrote:
summerldr wrote:

oh wow congrats! where in Canada are you located...I'm in Calgary and getting super anxious..

I'm based in Toronto. I think the timing has to do with how fast they find a matching alum. They pretty much interview everyone so unless they couldn't find someone in your city, you should be getting an interview invite!
Alum
Send PM
Expert Reply
Congratulations you guys. Please let us know how it went while we wait in this purgatory.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 201 [0]
Send PM
souvik101990 wrote:
Congratulations you guys. Please let us know how it went while we wait in this purgatory.
argh..yes this is kind of anxiety inducing..there are a lot of Kellogg alums in my area so I am wondering why it is taking awhile....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
FuturePM91 wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:
argh..yes this is kind of anxiety inducing..there are a lot of Kellogg alums in my area so I am wondering why it is taking awhile....

Just thinking out aloud here, but does anyone think its not just the location. Maybe they match you to someone in your industry (or not in your industry). I know one of the top B schools does the latter (not from your industry alum) - because people from your own industry are more critical of what you say. I am not sure just which school is that.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 201 [0]
Send PM
gmat7m wrote:
FuturePM91 wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:

Just thinking out aloud here, but does anyone think its not just the location. Maybe they match you to someone in your industry (or not in your industry). I know one of the top B schools does the latter (not from your industry alum) - because people from your own industry are more critical of what you say. I am not sure just which school is that.

Well there is definitely a location aspect for obvious reasons...I am not sure about the industry aspect...I would be interested if those who have been assigned already could chime in on that...but I would think matching by industry and location would be quite difficult.
Alum
Send PM
Expert Reply
To be honest, I’d like to be interviewed by someone not from my industry. I feel same industry brings in a lot of baggage and an interviewer from a different background will probably help more in distilling specific skill sets without many underlying assumptions.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
gmat7m wrote:
FuturePM91 wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:

My alum interviewer in not even remotely tied to my industry - so I don't know if that confirms your theory or denies it.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  66   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts