It is currently 20 Oct 2017, 20:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 18 Aug 2014
Posts: 233

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 78

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2017, 13:53
My alumni interviewer last year wasn't related to my career or goals in any way either. I think they try to do that but really the location and availability is the bulk of how they do it.
_________________

Please help me find my lost Kudo's bird


Last edited by redfield on 27 Sep 2017, 14:00, edited 1 time in total.

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 78

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
User avatar
P
Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 4485

Kudos [?]: 17032 [0], given: 1963

Location: India
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2017, 13:57
redfield wrote:
My alumni interviewer last year wasn't related to my career our goals in any way either. I think they try to do that but really the location and availability is the bulk of how they do it.


Can you detail out what happened last year? Which schools did you apply to and what happened?

If you don't want to do it I understand. I guess I'm just trying to get a feel of how insanely competitive last year really was.

Posted from my mobile device
_________________

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Kudos [?]: 17032 [0], given: 1963

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 18 Aug 2014
Posts: 233

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 78

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2017, 14:11
souvik101990 wrote:
redfield wrote:
My alumni interviewer last year wasn't related to my career our goals in any way either. I think they try to do that but really the location and availability is the bulk of how they do it.


Can you detail out what happened last year? Which schools did you apply to and what happened?

If you don't want to do it I understand. I guess I'm just trying to get a feel of how insanely competitive last year really was.

Posted from my mobile device


Not much to tell unfortunately, I have a bad GPA and was 25 when applying so I only applied to my two reach programs Haas and Kellogg. Ding w/o interview at Haas.

For Kellogg, around October 1st (deadline was Sept. 21st last year), got an email saying this is the alumni and their contact details, reach out. Emailed them a couple times, finally got a response and we met for coffee. She was super nice and the conversation was easy but part of my problem was that it was such a casual setting and conversation I think I got a little too relaxed and my answers didn't drive home the points I wanted them to. Or I nailed it, and my profile just wasn't good enough. The world may never know but here I am again this year :)
_________________

Please help me find my lost Kudo's bird

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 78

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 25 Aug 2016
Posts: 35

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2017, 14:17
redfield wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:
redfield wrote:
My alumni interviewer last year wasn't related to my career our goals in any way either. I think they try to do that but really the location and availability is the bulk of how they do it.


Can you detail out what happened last year? Which schools did you apply to and what happened?

If you don't want to do it I understand. I guess I'm just trying to get a feel of how insanely competitive last year really was.

Posted from my mobile device


Not much to tell unfortunately, I have a bad GPA and was 25 when applying so I only applied to my two reach programs Haas and Kellogg. Ding w/o interview at Haas.

For Kellogg, around October 1st (deadline was Sept. 21st last year), got an email saying this is the alumni and their contact details, reach out. Emailed them a couple times, finally got a response and we met for coffee. She was super nice and the conversation was easy but part of my problem was that it was such a casual setting and conversation I think I got a little too relaxed and my answers didn't drive home the points I wanted them to. Or I nailed it, and my profile just wasn't good enough. The world may never know but here I am again this year :)


Thanks for sharing. I think that’s a key insight. Since these interviews occur in such casual locations, it’s hard to remember that it’s an interview where your responses are being judged. Need to remember to structure your communication better and convey specific details and not jut broad generalizations.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

CEO
CEO
User avatar
G
Joined: 17 Jul 2014
Posts: 2604

Kudos [?]: 395 [0], given: 184

Location: United States (IL)
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.92
WE: General Management (Transportation)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2017, 14:22
Our bank's relationship manager is a Kellogg's student, 2nd year :)
If I remember correctly, she mentioned that she is on a committee to provide potential candidates with the information they need.
If needed, I can try to convince her to join the forum and answer your questions, if you have any!

Kudos [?]: 395 [0], given: 184

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 26 May 2016
Posts: 4

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V32
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.56
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2017, 15:25
Submitted the other day. Skype interview on 10/5

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 24 May 2017
Posts: 14

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 3

GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V47
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2017, 00:05
Hi everyone! I'm surprised invites are already rolling out, I was bracing for a 4-6 wks timeframe. Does the "Kellogg tries to interview most students" approach apply to Indian applicants too? Or do a substantial number get dinged without interview?

All the best to folks with interviews lined up!

Posted from my mobile device

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 3

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Posts: 103

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 21

Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GPA: 3.4
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2017, 00:31
mvictor wrote:
Our bank's relationship manager is a Kellogg's student, 2nd year :)
If I remember correctly, she mentioned that she is on a committee to provide potential candidates with the information they need.
If needed, I can try to convince her to join the forum and answer your questions, if you have any!



Good idea! We can have a chat on interview and R2 applicants if others are interested?

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 21

Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 18 Dec 2014
Posts: 53

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 117

Location: India
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.85
WE: Design (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2017, 02:46
souvik101990 wrote:
To be honest, I’d like to be interviewed by someone not from my industry. I feel same industry brings in a lot of baggage and an interviewer from a different background will probably help more in distilling specific skill sets without many underlying assumptions.


I am pretty sure they won't get someone to match my exact industry and job profile. So, I wonder if someone not from my area of work will appreciate the examples I give while answering the questions.
_________________

12345aBcDeFgHiJkLmNoPqRsTuVwXyZ67890

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 117

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Sep 2015
Posts: 12

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Location: United States
GMAT 1: 700 Q39 V47
GPA: 3.39
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2017, 13:38
Just got my interview invite!

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
User avatar
P
Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 4485

Kudos [?]: 17032 [0], given: 1963

Location: India
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2017, 13:38

Kudos [?]: 17032 [0], given: 1963

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Sep 2015
Posts: 12

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Location: United States
GMAT 1: 700 Q39 V47
GPA: 3.39
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2017, 13:53
souvik101990 wrote:
sabtr9 wrote:
Just got my interview invite!


Mins sharing geography, profile etc?





NYC, female, applied a day before the deadline and completed the video on the same day. I'm applying for MMM, but my interviewer did the 1Y which I find a little odd. Excited to finish this up regardless though!

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 15 Mar 2014
Posts: 27

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Concentration: Finance, General Management
GRE 1: 332 Q166 V166
GPA: 3.54
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2017, 14:51
Just got my interview invite! Do you guys know what is the usual modus operandi for these interviews? Also, suit and tie is best, right? (I am male).

Also, do you guys know what is the acceptance rate if you have an interview? Probably higher than 50%, right?

So excited!!!
_________________

Using Tapatalk

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 18 Aug 2014
Posts: 233

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 78

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2017, 15:35
MbaConfucius wrote:
Just got my interview invite! Do you guys know what is the usual modus operandi for these interviews? Also, suit and tie is best, right? (I am male).

Also, do you guys know what is the acceptance rate if you have an interview? Probably higher than 50%, right?

So excited!!!


I would probably go suit and tie but going back to our earlier conversation on attire for the video essay you're probably fine with anything business casual and above. Depends what you're most comfortable in.

Regarding the acceptance rate for interviews I'm sorry to dampen your excitement but Kellogg interviews virtually every applicant (one of the few schools I'm aware of that does this); doesn't really mean much as a sign of your chances. Still exciting and gives you another opportunity to make a good impression and increase your odds of getting in though, so congrats and good luck!
_________________

Please help me find my lost Kudo's bird


Last edited by redfield on 29 Sep 2017, 16:56, edited 2 times in total.

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 78

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 15 Mar 2014
Posts: 27

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Concentration: Finance, General Management
GRE 1: 332 Q166 V166
GPA: 3.54
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2017, 16:53
redfield wrote:
MbaConfucius wrote:
Just got my interview invite! Do you guys know what is the usual modus operandi for these interviews? Also, suit and tie is best, right? (I am male).

Also, do you guys know what is the acceptance rate if you have an interview? Probably higher than 50%, right?

So excited!!!


I would probably go suit and tie but going back to our earlier conversation on attire for the video essay you're probably fine with anything business casual and above. Depends what you're most comfortable in.

Regarding the acceptance rate for interviews I'm sorry to dampen your excitement but Kellogg interviews virtually every applicants (one of the few schools I'm aware of that does this); doesn't really mean much as a sign of your chances. Still exciting and gives you another chance to make a good impressions and increase your odds of getting in though so congrats and good luck!


Aww :( . I will make sure to prepare thoroughly!
_________________

Using Tapatalk

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 24 May 2017
Posts: 14

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 3

GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V47
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2017, 21:09
Anyone else loading this forum and livewire 3 times a day? I was at peace with 6 weeks until I found that invites were already going out!
It seems from last year's thread that most invites went out within end-Sep, whereas this year we've only seen a trickle so far.

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 3

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
User avatar
P
Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 4485

Kudos [?]: 17032 [0], given: 1963

Location: India
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2017, 21:56

Kudos [?]: 17032 [0], given: 1963

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
User avatar
P
Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 4485

Kudos [?]: 17032 [0], given: 1963

Location: India
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2017, 21:58

Kudos [?]: 17032 [0], given: 1963

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 25 Aug 2016
Posts: 35

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2017, 22:44
souvik101990 wrote:
Another question. Did you guys see your app status change once you were invited to an interview?


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum


App status change where?


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Posts: 103

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 21

Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GPA: 3.4
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2017, 01:21
bigfoot369 wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:
Another question. Did you guys see your app status change once you were invited to an interview?


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum


App status change where?


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


The application portal.

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 21

Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!   [#permalink] 01 Oct 2017, 01:21

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  22    Next  [ 434 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: Gnpth



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.