It is currently 17 Jan 2018, 10:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Fuqua Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Expert Post
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
S

Kudos [?]: 245 [0], given: 0

Re: Fuqua Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2017, 18:34
arboliyola wrote:
Hi all, few details on my profile:

Background and Nationality: White Spaniard, Male. 31

Undergrad Information: MEng Civil Eng. Senior year abroad at the U.S. Master degree on renewable energy related topic.

GMAT: 650 (Q47, V33, IR 4, AWA 4)
TOEFL: 104 (R:29, L:30, S:22, W:23)

Work Experience and Leadership: 6 years of relevant work experience abroad on a boutique engineering firm focused on renewable energies: [3 years as Project engineer, 6 years as Project Manager]. 1 year of work experience at home country.

Community and Others: swimmer (national level), volunteer NGO abroad since 2014, president of internal recreational club at work.

Post MBA: ST: consulting (energy focus), LT: energy utility company (C-suite)

Thanks!

Hello (hola),
Thanks for your post. Are you aiming to apply asap/now, or in a future year? Is the GMAT wrapped up or was it a first time? Would be nice if it were higher but tough to say without context.. another poster had a 650 but explained it was the 4th try and applying soon etc so makes sense to be 'done'; as an engineer if you had time and hadn't exhausted your prep you could try once more to reduce the worry of it being a weakness. Otherwise, be sure to emphasize how you've shown leadership and interpersonal and communication skills at work, and the community activities are worth showcasing if regularly involved etc. Finally you may be able to include some reflection on living in multiple countries and cross-cultural learning that Fuqua may appreciate. Good luck, let us know how we can help further!

Jen Kedrowski
mbaMission

Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Fuqua Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Dec 2017, 22:20
Hi folks,

I aim at Master of Quantitative Management at Fuqua. My post-MSc objective is an analyst position in management/strategy consulting. Please help evaluate my chances for Fuqua.

Education
- Bachelor: Business (Marketing) - 3.1/4 - Australian University - Top 200 Worldwide. Top 10 - 20 Australia
+ Various extra-cir activities
- Graduate: MBA (International Marketing) - Distinction - UK University - Average school - Ranking ~500 Worldwide
- GRE: Q165 - V155 - AW4.0 (Percentile 89:69:60)
- 03 good LORs: each from undergrad lecturer, one from post-grad lecturer and one from current manager

Experience
- Entrepreneurship - A small restaurant in Vietnam - ran for 1.5 years
- Market researcher - Top market research firm worldwide - Located in Vietnam - 1.5 years

I found my profile is well-suitable with Marshall's MSc in Business Analytics. However, I prefer the curriculum from Fuqua and would like to give it a shot. Thanks.

Expert Post
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
S

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2018, 11:35
danghuyng2903 wrote:
Hi folks,

I aim at Master of Quantitative Management at Fuqua. My post-MSc objective is an analyst position in management/strategy consulting. Please help evaluate my chances for Fuqua.

Education
- Bachelor: Business (Marketing) - 3.1/4 - Australian University - Top 200 Worldwide. Top 10 - 20 Australia
- Graduate: MBA (International Marketing) - Distinction - UK University - Average school - Ranking ~500 Worldwide
- 03 good LORs: each from undergrad lecturer, one from post-grad lecturer and one from current manager

Experience
- Market researcher - Top market research firm worldwide - Located in Vietnam - 1.5 years

I found my profile is well-suitable with Marshall's MSc in Business Analytics. However, I prefer the curriculum from Fuqua and would like to give it a shot. Thanks.

Hi-- so you have an MBA degree? But from a lesser-known UK school you are saying? Trying to follow... it's rare to hear of an MBA grad also applying for a Masters in Quantitative Management. But overall the best thing to do is compare your profile with the stats released by the program (grades, test scores, work experience) to see how you stack up, and for smaller masters programs I recommend reaching out proactively to admissions and having calls or meetings if feasible to discuss the program and your fit with it.

Jen Kedrowski
mbaMission

Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2018, 18:52
Hi Jen,

Its true. I got a MBA from a not-well-known university. In comparison, that MBA is more similar to MSc Management. That MBA does not require work experience and has the curriculum that focuses on the major we chose only, not courses covering other aspects.

Looking at class profile of MQM at Fuqua, I see my fit. However, the stats is quite limited in terms of range of information. Hence, it is hard to know my chance to get into.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your advice.

mbaMissionJenK wrote:
danghuyng2903 wrote:
Hi folks,

Education

Experience

Hi-- so you have an MBA degree? But from a lesser-known UK school you are saying? Trying to follow... it's rare to hear of an MBA grad also applying for a Masters in Quantitative Management. But overall the best thing to do is compare your profile with the stats released by the program (grades, test scores, work experience) to see how you stack up, and for smaller masters programs I recommend reaching out proactively to admissions and having calls or meetings if feasible to discuss the program and your fit with it.

Re: Fuqua Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!   [#permalink] 12 Jan 2018, 18:52

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   [ 104 posts ] 

Fuqua Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap