Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 12:24 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 12:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 2.9
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Re: Fuqua Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
AnkurJ93 wrote:
Hi, please evaluate my profile for Duke early round 2019

Nationality: Indian
GMAT: 720 (Q49 V39)

Total work exp: 4.5 yrs by 2020 intake

Graduation: B. TECH in ECE, VIT University, 2015. GPA 3.46

Work Experience:
-I'm working with PwC - US Advisory for past 2 yrs as a strategy consultant and plan to continue working in consulting post MBA. Specifically into the digital domain.
-Prior to PwC, worked at Futures First for ~15 months as a fixed income derivatives trader trading in Brazilian interest rates and currency on their national exchange

Extra curricular
-National president of a Student chapter in college
-Started an outreach chapter in college to teach underprivileged children
-Managing PwC CSR activities, collaborating with NGOs to organize events
-Active member of my Alum network, organize events in my city
-Responsible for organizing all team building events and training sessions for my team at PwC

What are my chances at Fuqua and any other college that you can suggest

Thanks in advance,
Ankur

Posted from my mobile device

Hi Ankur,

While your profile stats are alright, at Duke, its all about the execution of your application. They really care to know you at a deeper level and hence the essay question - 25 random things. Similarly, the contribution essay requires deep understanding of the Duke MBA and how you will fit there. We have seen applicants with great stats getting dinged because they failed to show self-awareness as well as their fit with the Duke class, so I am going to once again emphasize on submitting a great quality application.

Originally posted by MBADecoder on 13 Aug 2019, 23:51.
Last edited by MBADecoder on 14 Aug 2019, 03:43, edited 1 time in total.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Re: Fuqua Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
dileepsv wrote:
Citizenship: Canadian (Indian born)
Mechanical Engineer from Top #1 Engineering School in Canada (Waterloo)
GPA: 68% Overall Average. Upward trend in last 2 years (83% Average)
GMAT Score : 720 Q47 V42

Work Experience:
Internships (2.5 years) in Oil / Energy sector during Engineering school (co-op terms)
Full Time work experience after Graduation is in the Automotive sector (4 years, 5 by matriculation in Fall 2020)
3 different companies..step ups in terms of role/responsibility/compensation.

Extra curricular:
Sports, singing
Participated in Habitat for Humanity for work
Charity sport event once a year for kids

Post MBA goal:
Consulting or Product Management (still narrowing down).

Schools being Targeted: Kellogg, Haas, Ross, Duke, Stern, Haas, Darden, Johnson, Tepper, Anderson

Which ones among here are the best to apply to realistically?

Thanks a lot for your input !!!

Hi Dileep,

I would have liked to know more details about your work experience. Changing three companies in 3 years is quite a bit. What were your roles at these companies and how did your career progress?

Your b-school selection is ok, Kellogg and Haas may be stretches. To vet this list we'll have to go into more details and understand your goals exactly (consulting is okay, but product management in technology or on the manufacturing side?).
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
delmoneyy wrote:
GMAT: 720 (Q47 V42 IR 8)

GPA: 3.5

Age 23 (applying in 3-4 years)

Management Consulting

Top 30 undergrad (Finance)

Masters Degree in Information systems GPA 3.33

White Male from the USA

(Assume good Recs, volunteer, promotions, international exposure)

Hi,

The details you have written here are too little to make an evaluation, but in any case, you plan to apply in 3-4 years. So the way you develop your career going forward will be most valuable to business schools.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [1]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
AnkurJ93 so very much agree with Namita. Even though Duke puts less emphasis on the GMAT, they put a massive amount of emphasis on FIT: demonstrated by teamwork, engagement, contribution, and to a lesser degree, international orientation.

They have a long application because this is a qualitative process. I have 2 sample essays each by different successful candidates posted here: https://mbaessaycoaching.com/sample-essays/

As an Indian, I like that you have set your sights on a program where the average GMAT is 20 points lower than your own, continue with that, and make sure you apply as early as possible BUT with a stellar, compelling, curiosity-inducing application.

Consider other EA rounds, Cornell (same deal with fit) and IESE/LBS if you are open to European programs.

AnkurJ93 wrote:
Hi, please evaluate my profile for Duke early round 2019

Nationality: Indian
GMAT: 720 (Q49 V39)

Total work exp: 4.5 yrs by 2020 intake

Graduation: B. TECH in ECE, VIT University, 2015. GPA 3.46

Work Experience:
-I'm working with PwC - US Advisory for past 2 yrs as a strategy consultant and plan to continue working in consulting post MBA. Specifically into the digital domain.
-Prior to PwC, worked at Futures First for ~15 months as a fixed income derivatives trader trading in Brazilian interest rates and currency on their national exchange

Extra curricular
-National president of a Student chapter in college
-Started an outreach chapter in college to teach underprivileged children
-Managing PwC CSR activities, collaborating with NGOs to organize events
-Active member of my Alum network, organize events in my city
-Responsible for organizing all team building events and training sessions for my team at PwC

What are my chances at Fuqua and any other college that you can suggest

Thanks in advance,
Ankur

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GRE 1: Q163 V157
GPA: 3.67
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Hi,

I have taken the GMAT and would really appreciate and be grateful if you could help me understand whether a retake would be necessary considering my work experience and other things

Please see my credentials below:
GMAT - 710
GRE -320 (been 3 years)
TOEFL -109
GPA - 3.5 -4 (I am not very certain about the conversion scales available online but my college %age was 75.4 which is within the top 10% of my undergrad class)
College - Chemical Engineering major. Academics were solid all throughout except for a phase of illness where I could barely walk but took my semester exams to ensure I did not get a re-appear. As a result, I passed out of college with first-class honor. I was the "elected" Department Representative for my batch for a year and was the head convenor for the college fest and other intra-college activities like workshops/seminars.
Work Experience - ~ 6 years as Engineer/Project Manager in Oil and Gas licensing firm. I have extensive experience in dealing with customers/clients from all across the globe(US, China, Spain, Italy, Egypt, Japan, Russia, South Korea, Middle East) and frequently travel for customer interface meeting in the capacity of a Process Engineer during the early phase of my career and now as a Project Manager/Team Lead - leading a team of 3-4 engineers. I have 3 individual awards and two team awards at my current company and have always been the top elbow of the 9 block rating system. I have been promoted twice and have also worked as a coach/mentor for new engineers.
Co-Curricular/Community Service - Actively engaged in community service through Rotaract Club for about 3 years and eventually with the CSR initiative of my current employer. Captain of the company football/soccer team.

CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Jalaj74 wrote:
Hi,

I have taken the GMAT and would really appreciate and be grateful if you could help me understand whether a retake would be necessary considering my work experience and other things

GMAT - 710
GRE -320 (been 3 years)
TOEFL -109
GPA - 3.5 -4 (I am not very certain about the conversion scales available online but my college %age was 75.4 which is within the top 10% of my undergrad class)
College - Chemical Engineering major. Academics were solid all throughout except for a phase of illness where I could barely walk but took my semester exams to ensure I did not get a re-appear. As a result, I passed out of college with first-class honor. I was the "elected" Department Representative for my batch for a year and was the head convenor for the college fest and other intra-college activities like workshops/seminars.
Work Experience - ~ 6 years as Engineer/Project Manager in Oil and Gas licensing firm. I have extensive experience in dealing with customers/clients from all across the globe(US, China, Spain, Italy, Egypt, Japan, Russia, South Korea, Middle East) and frequently travel for customer interface meeting in the capacity of a Process Engineer during the early phase of my career and now as a Project Manager/Team Lead - leading a team of 3-4 engineers. I have 3 individual awards and two team awards at my current company and have always been the top elbow of the 9 block rating system. I have been promoted twice and have also worked as a coach/mentor for new engineers.
Co-Curricular/Community Service - Actively engaged in community service through Rotaract Club for about 3 years and eventually with the CSR initiative of my current employer. Captain of the company football/soccer team.

Hi Jalaj,

You have a good profile for Duke. DUke is also quite strong for the resources it offers to applicants from O&G background so that's a positive. Your GMAT score is a little iffy, if you are applying early action, then go ahead with this, otherwise I would recommend a retake.

Your work experiences and your character sound strong. Now the challenge is to build up an application that convinces the adcom /makes the adcom love you.
Reach out if you need help with the essays. We'd be happy to work together.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 176 [0]
Given Kudos: 687
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GPA: 3.6
WE:Marketing (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
Jalaj74 wrote:
Hi,

GMAT - 710
GRE -320 (been 3 years)
TOEFL -109

I would suggest you retake and increase your chances of getting a scholarship maybe.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.98
Send PM
Can someone evaluate my profile and let me know whether a strong gpa can outweigh a lower GMAT?

• Background and nationality: Indian, Male, 27 years

• Undergrad Information:
o Bachelor in Chemical Engineer from Maharaja Sayajirao University, Vadodara, Gujarat, India

• GPA: 3.98 (Department Topper)

• GMAT: 690 ( Q49, V35, AWA5, IR5)

• Work Experience:
o Acting as Senior Executive Engineer and Engineering Consultant at Linde Engineering, member of the The Linde Group, World's Leading Gas Distributor.
o Currently, I am in Munich, Germany to execute feed engineering for US based $8.5 billion Ethylene cracker for the client Bechtel. I am being made familiar with the project so that in the later part, I will be bring the project engineering to Indian office, thereby executing the project by leading it with team of 4.
o I am the only one from our Indian office to learn a new technology of Butadiene complex from the licensor company named JSR. With this knowledge, I could execute its engineering for an ethylene complex of client Niznekamsknefthakim (Russia based). Such support has helped the company save 50 million euro by not outsourcing the engineering of butadiene complex. I have even developed a team so that engineering of such technology can be executed by Linde for the future projects, saving around 50 million euros to the company for each project.
o My diligent performance at the company gifted me an unusual promotion in terms of responsibility. It got me promoted to act as a discipline lead for a $6 billion Shell Ethylene Cracker Complex, a role exclusively reserved for seniors. As a lead, I was held responsible for all the technical deliverables and their necessary planning and execution. Such fast track transition from a sedulous team member to a discipline lead has helped company to develop a leader at very low cost.
o I have executed a 1-2 million euro Project as a Lead at South African site (2 months) for client Afrox. The primary task was to update the P&ID with the current status of the operating Air Separation Plants by discussing with client the scope of work, man-hour estimation, the Safety rules followed in the plant etc. I was appreciated by Client for following and making everyone follow the Linde Safety standards at the site, thereby increasing Linde’s reputation in the eyes of client.
o I was deputed to Munich, Germany to perform the task of aligning the vendor documents with the required standards for the project of Exxon Mobil owned $ 3 billion ethylene cracker complex. I was directly working with client Exxon Mobil, Main Work contractor Bechtel and few vendors such as Mitsubishi, dresser rand etc. The cost of the work was around 1.2 million Euros. The work was a major milestone in my career as I executed it perfectly with only 1 year of work experience.
o I was deputed to Munich, Germany second time to perform the task of Basic Engineering (Engineering phase when the plant design is being conceptualized) for $ 6 billion Shell owned Ethylene cracker complex. I was a part of project task force, regularly getting involved in meeting with client Shell and main work contractor Bechtel.
o I have worked with Clients such as Exxon Mobil, Shell, EIL etc. from various regions such as US, Russia, Europe, South Africa etc.
o I am recognized in the company for providing the idea of reducing the plastic bottle use. Such initiative has helped company reduce operating cost and improve employee’s health
o I have focussed and developed on the competency group such as Customer focus, Result Delivery, Embracing change, personal Development, Cross-cultural communication and Employee Development and Empowerment

• Achievements:
o Awarded three gold medal for achieving:
 highest aggregate score throughout Engineering
 highest score in Elective subjects ( Petroleum and Petrochemical subjects) in Engineering
 highest aggregate score in 3rd and 4th year of Engineering
o Earned Recognition from Ramkrishna Mission Vivekananda Memorial for achieving all the above listed gold medal
o Awarded Silver medal at State level for achieving highest aggregate score in Chemical Engineering
o Co-founder of successful NGO (start-up) called Vadodara Toastmasters Club and of unsuccessful NGO called Linde Toastmasters Club
o Served as a member of Excom at Vadodara Toastmasters Club
o Earned Recognition as a Competent Leader by Toastmasters International
o Earned several awards as a Best Speaker and as a Participate for supporting the Toastmasters Event
o Secured Most Innovative and 2nd Position in Chem car competition at Azeotropy'13 at IIT Bombay
o Secured 3rd position at University level Chess Tournament
o Active member of defunct local NGO of stray dogs.

Extracurricular Activities:

o Actively carrying out social services for the stray animals from home
o Acting as an advisor for Vadodara Toastmasters Club

• Post MBA goals –
o Short Term goal to join a Consulting firm in Oil & gas sector to resolve the macroeconomic issues
o Long term goal to
 become CEO / MD of Oil & gas firm
 start-up a Non profit Waste Treatment plant (to remain in touch with my Chemical Engg. discipline and to give back something to the society)

• Hobbies:
o Knowing the social behaviour of Wildlife to know more about the nature and about how the nature has differentiated it from the human beings
o Watching WWE as it inspires and motivates me to do the best
o Reading Washington Post to improve vocabulary and to know the current affairs
Sia Admissions Representative
Affiliations: NYU, Yale
Own Kudos [?]: 145 [0]
Given Kudos: 67
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi daivat21buch,

Thank you for your post and for providing such a thorough overview of your profile. Overall, I really like your profile and think you can contribute a lot to your cohort. While you have a strong GPA, your GMAT may be just a bit too low to be competitive for a top 10 program. You are competing with others who have stronger GMAT scores in your demographic. if you can, you should try and retake the GMAT, breaking the 700 mark.

With your goals in mind, you may also want to look at Jones.

If you would like to continue the conversation, please feel free to reach out.

Good luck!

Susan

daivat21buch wrote:
Can someone evaluate my profile and let me know whether a strong gpa can outweigh a lower GMAT?

• Undergrad Information:
o Bachelor in Chemical Engineer from Maharaja Sayajirao University, Vadodara, Gujarat, India

• Work Experience:
o Acting as Senior Executive Engineer and Engineering Consultant at Linde Engineering, member of the The Linde Group, World's Leading Gas Distributor.
o Currently, I am in Munich, Germany to execute feed engineering for US based $8.5 billion Ethylene cracker for the client Bechtel. I am being made familiar with the project so that in the later part, I will be bring the project engineering to Indian office, thereby executing the project by leading it with team of 4.
o I am the only one from our Indian office to learn a new technology of Butadiene complex from the licensor company named JSR. With this knowledge, I could execute its engineering for an ethylene complex of client Niznekamsknefthakim (Russia based). Such support has helped the company save 50 million euro by not outsourcing the engineering of butadiene complex. I have even developed a team so that engineering of such technology can be executed by Linde for the future projects, saving around 50 million euros to the company for each project.
o My diligent performance at the company gifted me an unusual promotion in terms of responsibility. It got me promoted to act as a discipline lead for a $6 billion Shell Ethylene Cracker Complex, a role exclusively reserved for seniors. As a lead, I was held responsible for all the technical deliverables and their necessary planning and execution. Such fast track transition from a sedulous team member to a discipline lead has helped company to develop a leader at very low cost.
o I have executed a 1-2 million euro Project as a Lead at South African site (2 months) for client Afrox. The primary task was to update the P&ID with the current status of the operating Air Separation Plants by discussing with client the scope of work, man-hour estimation, the Safety rules followed in the plant etc. I was appreciated by Client for following and making everyone follow the Linde Safety standards at the site, thereby increasing Linde’s reputation in the eyes of client.
o I was deputed to Munich, Germany to perform the task of aligning the vendor documents with the required standards for the project of Exxon Mobil owned $ 3 billion ethylene cracker complex. I was directly working with client Exxon Mobil, Main Work contractor Bechtel and few vendors such as Mitsubishi, dresser rand etc. The cost of the work was around 1.2 million Euros. The work was a major milestone in my career as I executed it perfectly with only 1 year of work experience.
o I was deputed to Munich, Germany second time to perform the task of Basic Engineering (Engineering phase when the plant design is being conceptualized) for $ 6 billion Shell owned Ethylene cracker complex. I was a part of project task force, regularly getting involved in meeting with client Shell and main work contractor Bechtel.
o I have worked with Clients such as Exxon Mobil, Shell, EIL etc. from various regions such as US, Russia, Europe, South Africa etc.
o I am recognized in the company for providing the idea of reducing the plastic bottle use. Such initiative has helped company reduce operating cost and improve employee’s health
o I have focussed and developed on the competency group such as Customer focus, Result Delivery, Embracing change, personal Development, Cross-cultural communication and Employee Development and Empowerment

• Achievements:
 highest score in Elective subjects ( Petroleum and Petrochemical subjects) in Engineering
o Earned Recognition from Ramkrishna Mission Vivekananda Memorial for achieving all the above listed gold medal
o Awarded Silver medal at State level for achieving highest aggregate score in Chemical Engineering
o Co-founder of successful NGO (start-up) called Vadodara Toastmasters Club and of unsuccessful NGO called Linde Toastmasters Club
o Earned several awards as a Best Speaker and as a Participate for supporting the Toastmasters Event
o Secured Most Innovative and 2nd Position in Chem car competition at Azeotropy'13 at IIT Bombay

• Post MBA goals –
o Short Term goal to join a Consulting firm in Oil & gas sector to resolve the macroeconomic issues
o Long term goal to
 start-up a Non profit Waste Treatment plant (to remain in touch with my Chemical Engg. discipline and to give back something to the society)

• Hobbies:
o Knowing the social behaviour of Wildlife to know more about the nature and about how the nature has differentiated it from the human beings
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 460 Q43 V12
GMAT 2: 700 Q50 V34
Send PM

GPA: 6.7/10 in Mechanical Engineer from Manipal Institute of Technology

GMAT: 700 - Q50, V34

W/E: 4 years by fall 2020, 2.5 years as an capacity planning analyst with Amazon (1 promotion), 1.5 years as a business development manager with private logistics company.

E/C: Former captain of the college and corporate basketball team that won several competitive and district level tournaments. 250 hours of volunteering in Blue Cross Hyderabad.

Recs: 1 from head of mechanical department, 1 from general manager of wwcp department at Amazon & 1 from managing director of private logistics company.

CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Skate wrote:

GPA: 6.7/10 in Mechanical Engineer from Manipal Institute of Technology

GMAT: 700 - Q50, V34

W/E: 4 years by fall 2020, 2.5 years as an capacity planning analyst with Amazon (1 promotion), 1.5 years as a business development manager with private logistics company.

E/C: Former captain of the college and corporate basketball team that won several competitive and district level tournaments. 250 hours of volunteering in Blue Cross Hyderabad.

Recs: 1 from head of mechanical department, 1 from general manager of wwcp department at Amazon & 1 from managing director of private logistics company.

Hi Skate,

Having a low GPA and a GMAT score that is below the program's average is going to work against you. Suggest you retake GMAT, not just for Duke, but also for other programs where you are planning to apply.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
Send PM
Hi!

Please evaluate my profile for an MBA at Fuqua:

Indian National.

GMAT Score: 750 (Q48, V45)

Educational Qualifications:

Graduation: B.Tech in Mechatronics Engineering-3.30/4.00 (86%)
Class 12: 89.3%
Class 10: 9.4/10.0

Work Experience:
Working at Maruti Suzuki India Limited (3 Years) in a central operations and strategy role in production. Responsible for central procurement (~100MRs) procurement strategy, system adherence, strategy deployment in areas of cost, quality, safety and productivity.

Extra-Curricular:
Finisher at Desert Storm rally in 2018.
Participated in various cricket tournaments at school, college and company level.
Winner at company level management quiz.
Participated in multiple theatre and music competitions in school and college.
Finisher at Devils Circuit Delhi Edition 2019

I enjoy meeting people and sharing stories.
Enjoy cricket and badminton.
Love listening to music and playing the drums.
Recently been cycling a lot and planning to get associated with a cycling group in Delhi.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Female, 25 years old, India

Please evaluate my profile :
Secondary education : 9.4 gpa
Senior Secondary : 81.9%

Graduation :
Bachelors of Architecture
(5 years course including 6 months internship)

College : NIT

CGPA : 7.67

GMAT : 710 (Q49, V 36)

Work Experience : 25 months at Larsen and Toubro
(as on august 2019)
Role : Senior architect

Have taken up more responsibility than is usually awarded at my cadre. Have handled one project in last year and am handling another project on my own as of now.(project values upwards of 100 crores)

Co Curriculars :
1. Regularly volunteer for ngo camps ( elderdly health camps etc)
2. Was part of organizing committees of college fests, department functions, functions in school
3. Was involved in dramatics and debating in school

Why mba ?

I know the technical aspects of a building, from the floor plans to the ventilation system, from the effect it can have on a person to the how livable and sustenable it can be .
I want to able to look at the same built environment from a business/financial/economic point of view also, to be able to have a more cohesive bigger picture.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.98
Send PM
Hello Susan,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I will work on it.

Regards

SiaAdmissions wrote:
Hi daivat21buch,

Thank you for your post and for providing such a thorough overview of your profile. Overall, I really like your profile and think you can contribute a lot to your cohort. While you have a strong GPA, your GMAT may be just a bit too low to be competitive for a top 10 program. You are competing with others who have stronger GMAT scores in your demographic. if you can, you should try and retake the GMAT, breaking the 700 mark.

With your goals in mind, you may also want to look at Jones.

If you would like to continue the conversation, please feel free to reach out.

Good luck!

Susan

daivat21buch wrote:

• Undergrad Information:

• Work Experience:

• Achievements:

• Post MBA goals –
o Long term goal to

• Hobbies:

CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
kuks94 wrote:
Female, 25 years old, India

Please evaluate my profile :
Secondary education : 9.4 gpa
Senior Secondary : 81.9%

Graduation :
Bachelors of Architecture
(5 years course including 6 months internship)

College : NIT

CGPA : 7.67

GMAT : 710 (Q49, V 36)

Work Experience : 25 months at Larsen and Toubro
(as on august 2019)
Role : Senior architect

Have taken up more responsibility than is usually awarded at my cadre. Have handled one project in last year and am handling another project on my own as of now.(project values upwards of 100 crores)

Co Curriculars :
1. Regularly volunteer for ngo camps ( elderdly health camps etc)
2. Was part of organizing committees of college fests, department functions, functions in school
3. Was involved in dramatics and debating in school

Why mba ?

I know the technical aspects of a building, from the floor plans to the ventilation system, from the effect it can have on a person to the how livable and sustenable it can be .
I want to able to look at the same built environment from a business/financial/economic point of view also, to be able to have a more cohesive bigger picture.

Hi Kuks,

Architects are not a big lot at b-schools, so you will have lesser competition within your pool. That said, the need for an MBA must be really strong, backed by equally strong career goals. You will have to get down to the basics of which companies would you work in post MBA, what will you do there, and how would that prepare you for the long term goal. From the description above, I couldn't make out whether you have this clarity.

Your GMAT is low for an Indian applicant. You can take a chance at Fuqua given your different profile and the fact that you are working on multi-million $$ projects (I hope you are also handling some of these budgets), and that will give you the chance to show some leadership skills. If you are applying for more MBA programs, I would suggest retaking GMAT.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 63 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Hello Everyone,

I did apply in R2 for 2019 intake and got dinged without interview. Now I am considering to reapply in EA round for 2020 intake.

Any good Samaritans here, either admitted students or consultants, could spare few minutes to provide a feedback on my previous year essays and/or resume?

Unfortunately all you get is good karma points for your time (and a Kudos from me). Please let me know?

Thank you!
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
gmatenthureturns wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I did apply in R2 for 2019 intake and got dinged without interview. Now I am considering to reapply in EA round for 2020 intake.

Any good Samaritans here, either admitted students or consultants, could spare few minutes to provide a feedback on my previous year essays and/or resume?

Unfortunately all you get is good karma points for your time (and a Kudos from me). Please let me know?

Thank you!

We being good samaritans, do help applicants all the time. I can spend 15-20 minutes and give you some bullets for improvement.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  18   
Moderators:
Sloan and Fuqua Moderator
12 posts
Haas & Fuqua Moderator
61 posts