Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 20:07 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 20:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 174
Concentration: Healthcare, Healthcare
GPA: 3.56
WE:Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 615 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Re: Fuqua Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi, Bhargu999!

Thank you for your post!

Firstly I would like to Congratulate you on backing a stellar 750 on GMAT; not an easy job at all, so kudos on that! Moreover, you have shared a very detailed profile and a stellar one (obviously); that’s pretty rare too. So overall, your profile looks decent on the surface. You have a good CGPA, and it seems you were quite active during your college days!

Coming to your experience, this is the critical part for you; it’s a great thing for you that you were promoted and waiting to be promoted to Senior Dentist starting next year. However, the most important thing would be to extract the essence of leadership in your career as it’s a bit different from a traditional background. The highlight should obviously be how you manage Interns and Consulting Dentists (and yes, that sure does count )along with handling 70% of the clinical cases; that’s a great way to cement your technical prowess!

Now about your ECAs, you appear to have some strong ECAs in relation to mentoring kids and serving the community through free Dental Health Checkup Camps; that’s a major positive and can truly embrace a characteristic of social responsibility and service to the community, an important factor adcoms look for in a candidate!However, it’s totally up to you to effectively employ them in your school essays; for your reference, I would also advise you to go through our article on Highlighting Extracurriculars for MBA Application You will get some interesting highlights about the overall approach!

The post-MBA goal looks clear enough! I won’t say it would be a disadvantage, but yes, It’s understandable that coming from a medical background, the approach needs to be different. Hence, for a better understanding, you should at least once go through our article on Top Programs for MBA in Healthcare Management to understand the approach needed by medical professionals!

Finally, HBS is a stretch for anyone, but duke looks quite possible if you can improve some bits of your profile. Also, yes, applying in R1 is more advantageous, but for a score like yours, you can get the upper hand even in Round 2. All that depends upon how well you improve in the given period! I have a strong feeling about your profile, and we can definitely help you secure a spot! Hence, to further help you, we would like to know your profile in detail to help you with your school applications. Hence, If you’d like, we are happy to connect you with our Profile Experts (who are alums and students of top B-Schools) who will discuss your profile at length in a 30-45 minutes FREE call and provide you with feedback based on your aspirations and goals. Feel free to schedule a call with us here for in-depth profile evaluation (and some networking on the side!)

No one knows the application process better than the individuals who have gone through it. We match you with alums from your desired business school. Meet our Panel of Consultants.

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Strategy Manager
Testimonials
Email: neha@mbaandbeyond.com

Visit our website www.mbaandbeyond.com for more MBA resources.

Bhargu999 wrote:
Hi everyone, could you please critically review my profile?

Background, nationality, and educational background:
- 26 years old, Female, Indian national, currently working in India as Clinical Dentist
- BDS ( Bachelor of Dental Surgery), 3.6/4.0 CGPA from a Top Dental College in Hyderabad, India
- I have 1 International and 2 National Research Papers
- Led the college Cricket and Basketball team for 3 years as a captain. Three consecutive wins in cricket and two in basketball.
- Heading a team of fourteen, I led organizing various academic and sports events at our college fest attended by over 800 students.
- During graduation, I led a team of ten and the finances for our convocation day.

GMAT: 750

Work experience and leadership:
- Industry: Healthcare Providers
- Current position: Associate Dentist
- Work ex and progression: 2.5 years. I was promoted once and am on track to be promoted to Senior Dentist at the start of next year.
- In my current role, I am managing 70% of the clinical cases and mostly do the main conversation with the patients. I also manage Interns and Consulting Dentists.

Community and others:
- I am passionate about mentoring and have volunteered with NEET exam Aspirants.
- Mentored 8 students for their MDS (Masters of Dental Surgery) and MS applications (around 3years)
- Lead monthly Free Dental Health Checkup Camps (around 3.5 years)

Post-MBA goals:
I want to pursue an MBA to improve my leadership skills and learn business and operations point of view. Also, to learn and polish key business and analytical skills.

Short-term: I want to do Healthcare corporate strategy/operations consulting.
Long-term: Given my extensive Clinical Experience and Medical background, I am interested in continuing in Healthcare consulting or moving to leadership roles in Healthcare domain like Pharmaceutical Industry.

Target schools: HBS, Wharton, Booth, Kellogg, Duke.

Questions?
- Is 750 GMAT sufficient for my profile?
- People’s management: I manage interns and Consulting Dentists for some specific cases. Do you think this counts?
- Having a Dental background and clinical experience, will I be at a disadvantage in the admission process?
- I will apply in R2 this year. Would I be at disadvantage for not applying in R1? Should I wait until next year to apply in R1?
- What are my chances for Duke?

I would really appreciate your review, thanks a lot!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Re: Fuqua Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hey everyone,

I'm an undergraduate with a year of work experience and a 3.4 GPA. Besides getting an average GMAT score for Fuqua, what else can I do if I want to apply for class '25 and have a good chance of getting accepted?
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2063 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Expert Reply
ashishthanga:

Without knowing much more than what you have provided, you can do a few things:

1. Succeed at work. Achieve results, take on responsibilities, have an impact.

2. Contribute to your community by getting involved in extracurricular activities at or outside of work. Volunteer, raise money, mentor, etc. Get involved and make a difference.

3. Engage with Fuqua and do your research. Talk to alumni, students, faculty, etc. Visit campus and attend interesting admissions-related events.

Let us know if we can help coach you along the way. We offer something called the Advanced Planning Program which is a series of coaching sessions with a consultant of your choosing (perhaps a Fuqua alumnus?) who can best prepare you for your application the following year. Here is information for you to read over:

https://admissionado.com/mba/mba-advanc ... g-program/
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [0]
Given Kudos: 137
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37 (Online)
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 4
Send PM
Just got the call! 30k per year scholarship! Still taking in the news: But here is my profile

GMAT: 750
Profession: Software Engineering -> Project Management
5 years workex

Round 1 waitlisted, Round 2 Admit
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Just got the call, I’m in!!!! With a $45K scholarship :) My stats: 3.9 gpa, 650 gmat, 4yrs in healthcare management.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
I just got my acceptance call.
American. 700 gmat. 3.7 gpa.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 81
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
WE:Engineering (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Indian, 730 GMAT, 5 years in tech software, also, named as Forte Fellow !
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Just received my admissions call with $! Location: West Coast, US dual citizen. YOE: 5, EA: 164. Good luck to all waiting!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools: Fuqua '25 (A)
GPA: 3.65
Send PM
Admitted!! So happy about this!!!
Looking forward to this new adventure!!!

33 yo, 10 years of work experience
Tech + FP&A background experience.
Chilean

Applied in R2, interviewed on Feb 14.
Math Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 619742 [0]
Given Kudos: 81613
Send PM
Expert Reply
Fuqua Profile Evaluation
Introducing New Better Profile Evaluations on GMAT Club!

Considering your application to a B-School? The first step in this significant journey is to evaluate your profile to gauge where you stand among the vast pool of applicants. We're excited to introduce a NEW and IMPROVED consolidated list of tools and platforms available on GMAT Club to assist you in this endeavor.