It is currently 18 Oct 2017, 02:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Fuqua Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 07 Mar 2012
Posts: 22

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 4

Re: Fuqua Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Aug 2017, 00:16
I'm a US military officer applying Early Decision. Also applying to Emory and Vanderbilt.

Age: 29
GPA: 3.32 in Accounting from southern state school
GMAT: 730- Q49, V40
W/E: 6 years as US military officer. 4 deployments to middle east and Africa. Currently deployed to Africa where I manage around 60 people in a petroleum related mission.
E/C: Big Brothers Big Sisters mentor, treasurer of local military officers association

Future goals: short term- Brand Management at CPG (hopefully P&G). Long term- marketing/strategy with PGA (golf) Tour.

What do you all think?

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 4

Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consultant
User avatar
S
Joined: 07 Mar 2012
Posts: 722

Kudos [?]: 325 [0], given: 2

Reviews Badge
Re: Fuqua Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Aug 2017, 23:40
trw1987 wrote:
I'm a US military officer applying Early Decision. Also applying to Emory and Vanderbilt.

Age: 29
GPA: 3.32 in Accounting from southern state school
GMAT: 730- Q49, V40
W/E: 6 years as US military officer. 4 deployments to middle east and Africa. Currently deployed to Africa where I manage around 60 people in a petroleum related mission.
E/C: Big Brothers Big Sisters mentor, treasurer of local military officers association

Future goals: short term- Brand Management at CPG (hopefully P&G). Long term- marketing/strategy with PGA (golf) Tour.

What do you all think?


To be honest, I am missing quite a lot of detail here so you may want to try our chances calculator in order to see a more reliable evaluation than I can give you here, by filling out more details about yourself: https://aringo.com/mba-admission-chances-calculator/

But in general, I would say you are in excellent shape for all the schools you mentioned (so be sure to be sure of why you have chosen those schools and that you can demonstrate fit with them) as your profile is pretty sure to impress them. So unless your essays or recommendations are problematic somehow your chances should be good!

Good luck!

JL
_________________

https://ARINGO.com/ – MBA Admissions Consulting

Specializing in candidates with GMATs under 720

Try our free Admissions Chances Calculator - https://aringo.com/mba-admission-chances-calculator/

All statistics verified by Ernst & Young

Kudos [?]: 325 [0], given: 2

Expert Post
Admissionado
User avatar
S
Joined: 30 Nov 2009
Posts: 5641

Kudos [?]: 968 [0], given: 48

Location: Chicago, IL
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Re: Fuqua Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Aug 2017, 01:26
trw1987 wrote:
I'm a US military officer applying Early Decision. Also applying to Emory and Vanderbilt.

Age: 29
GPA: 3.32 in Accounting from southern state school
GMAT: 730- Q49, V40
W/E: 6 years as US military officer. 4 deployments to middle east and Africa. Currently deployed to Africa where I manage around 60 people in a petroleum related mission.
E/C: Big Brothers Big Sisters mentor, treasurer of local military officers association

Future goals: short term- Brand Management at CPG (hopefully P&G). Long term- marketing/strategy with PGA (golf) Tour.

What do you all think?


Well shoot, good sir. That's a mighty sweet profile you have there.

I would love to hear more about it, especially the reasoning for your transition.

But basically, from your "Skeleton profile" I'd say you have a good shot at Duke.


If you'd like a more in-depth profile review, or for us to have a look at your materials, feel free to drop a line: http://bit.ly/mbafcGC
_________________

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado | Packages | Success Stories | Team

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Kudos [?]: 968 [0], given: 48

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 07 Jan 2016
Posts: 259

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 22

Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Reviews Badge
Fuqua Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Aug 2017, 03:08
Hi,
I am an Indian male engineer currently working as Business Development Executive at a startup ( 6 year old company)
Academics: Undergrad 69% 12th - 87 10th - 75
Age: 25
Total work experience: 4 years
International exposure: No
GMAT: 710/800 ( q 49 v 36 ir 7 awa 6)
Community service: 2+ years ( NGO)
Post MBA goals - Marketing manager / product manager . Have hands on experience on supply chain business and marketing products .
E/C - laurels in sports , extempore , play keyboard and guitar , learnt singing
College Student body president
Event Organiser/Anchor

Duke is a target school and i'll most likely apply . What do you feel that i can showcase to strengthen my profile.

Note - I'm not an IT guy , i worked as a business analyst , had/part an own business for two years , business development executive right now. Never have been an IT MALE Indian. Do you think i can leverage my 4 years of marketing/supply chain experience over the over represented IT MALE Indians


I look forward to your response
Regards
HK

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 22

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 29 May 2017
Posts: 17

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 55

Location: India
GMAT 1: 530 Q45 V19
GMAT 2: 640 Q49 V28
GPA: 3.45
WE: Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Reviews Badge
Re: Fuqua Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Aug 2017, 04:18
Please evaluate my profile-

Indian Male, Age-26
Bachelor's- Mechanical Engineering from Uttar Pradesh Technical University (UPTU), India in 2012.
Got 75.86% ( Ist Div-Hons)- in the top 5% students.
GMAT- hope to get around 680-710.
Work Ex.- Working in oil & gas sector M/s Indian Oil Corporation Limited ( top Indian company in Fortune 500 list)as an Assistant Manager for the last 5 years. Got one promotion also.
Handling maintenance & automation related projects of crores in value. Managing 50+ manpower in the plant. Exposed to different culture, conditions in the beginning of my career itself ( Posted in southern India for 4 years)
One of the 5 employees across India to attend International conference during 2016-17.
Awarded for best innovative idea under Idea Conclave. ( Cash prize too)

Extra Curricular-1) Volunteered for Teach For India during college days for about 2 years.
2) Associated with NGO "Bhumi" for 2 years during my tenure in southern India.
3) After promotion & transfer to North India last year, continuously engaged in company's CSR activities.

Post MBA goal- Want to explore options in & out energy sector.
Considering my profile, what are my chances at Fuqua?
Please let me know any suggestion to improve my candidacy.

Thanks in advance

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 55

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 10 Apr 2013
Posts: 301

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 36

Re: Fuqua Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Aug 2017, 22:56
Selfmotivated wrote:
Please evaluate my profile-

Indian Male, Age-26
Bachelor's- Mechanical Engineering from Uttar Pradesh Technical University (UPTU), India in 2012.
Got 75.86% ( Ist Div-Hons)- in the top 5% students.
GMAT- hope to get around 680-710.
Work Ex.- Working in oil & gas sector M/s Indian Oil Corporation Limited ( top Indian company in Fortune 500 list)as an Assistant Manager for the last 5 years. Got one promotion also.
Handling maintenance & automation related projects of crores in value. Managing 50+ manpower in the plant. Exposed to different culture, conditions in the beginning of my career itself ( Posted in southern India for 4 years)
One of the 5 employees across India to attend International conference during 2016-17.
Awarded for best innovative idea under Idea Conclave. ( Cash prize too)

Extra Curricular-1) Volunteered for Teach For India during college days for about 2 years.
2) Associated with NGO "Bhumi" for 2 years during my tenure in southern India.
3) After promotion & transfer to North India last year, continuously engaged in company's CSR activities.

Post MBA goal- Want to explore options in & out energy sector.
Considering my profile, what are my chances at Fuqua?
Please let me know any suggestion to improve my candidacy.

Thanks in advance


Hi there,

You have nice work ex and undergrad GPA, international conference and awards will also help build your profile. Your ECAs are also pretty decent. Provided you're able to get into the 700 club, you should be able to get a call from Duke. You may wanna look at McCombs for getting into energy sector. Get a nice score and prepare a stellar application. All the Best.

Best,

Deep A.
_________________

Deep A.
Chief Counselling Officer
http://www.EduSimplified.com

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 36

1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 10 Apr 2013
Posts: 301

Kudos [?]: 49 [1], given: 36

Re: Fuqua Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Aug 2017, 23:12
1
This post received
KUDOS
Hatakekakashi wrote:
Hi,
I am an Indian male engineer currently working as Business Development Executive at a startup ( 6 year old company)
Academics: Undergrad 69% 12th - 87 10th - 75
Age: 25
Total work experience: 4 years
International exposure: No
GMAT: 710/800 ( q 49 v 36 ir 7 awa 6)
Community service: 2+ years ( NGO)
Post MBA goals - Marketing manager / product manager . Have hands on experience on supply chain business and marketing products .
E/C - laurels in sports , extempore , play keyboard and guitar , learnt singing
College Student body president
Event Organiser/Anchor

Duke is a target school and i'll most likely apply . What do you feel that i can showcase to strengthen my profile.

Note - I'm not an IT guy , i worked as a business analyst , had/part an own business for two years , business development executive right now. Never have been an IT MALE Indian. Do you think i can leverage my 4 years of marketing/supply chain experience over the over represented IT MALE Indians


I look forward to your response
Regards
HK


Hi Hk,

It's been a while since we've connected. Hope you're doing good buddy ! Did you finally retake GMAT then?

There is a slight disconnect with your undergrad education and work ex but it will depend on how you present yourself to overcome it. Yes your profile is little different from Typical Indian profile but you'll need to prepare an application that highlights it. You definitely have the potential to get into Duke. Feel free to get in touch.

Best,
_________________

Deep A.
Chief Counselling Officer
http://www.EduSimplified.com

Kudos [?]: 49 [1], given: 36

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Aug 2017
Posts: 5

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Fuqua Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Aug 2017, 07:42
Hi all,

I would appreciate any feedback you could provide on my profile.

- 26-year-old American white female
- 720 GMAT (46Q/44V)
- 3.71 GPA from small liberal arts college in mid-atlantic region (Tier 1 but not a top 50 school); double major in Econ and English
- Work experience at time of application includes 4 years at three different firms: 1 year at a consulting firm, 2 years at a strategic research group of a PR firm, where I worked primarily on branding engagements and I was promoted after one year, ahead of schedule, 1 year at current firm, a boutique strategy consulting firm (work is very market research-heavy). Each job has equipped me with increasing responsibilities (not to mention more money)
- Goal: Work at a top brand consultancy or specialize in branding/marketing consulting at a broader consulting firm; I am especially interested in strengthening my quant skills to ensure brand strategy is truly data-driven
- Extracurriculars: Not going to lie, this feels like a weak spot to me as I have moved around quite a bit geographically but: Pro-bono consulting from Jan 2017 to present, freelance market research gigs, recruitment for current company as well as informal mentoring of potential candidates outside of work, organizer of book/movie club from March 2017 to present; I also lead onboarding at my firm and have re-vamped the program (I have some other random ECs from before I moved to my current city but not very significant)


Thank you in advance!

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 18 Jan 2017
Posts: 12

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Fuqua Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Aug 2017, 11:56
Age: 27
GPA: 3.0 in Accounting from Kelley/McCombs/Ross
GMAT: 770- Q49, V47
W/E: 4 years F250 leadership development rotation program (accounting/finance/operations/finance...asia expat 1 yr)
E/C: Not a ton due to moving every year, but consistency in terms of I played in the church band at each place I lived. Also currently on the social team for the young adults ministry at my church now.

Future goals: Long term- F500 CEO. Short term...transition to management consulting to gain experience working on high-level strategic business problems.

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Expert Post
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
User avatar
S
Joined: 25 Apr 2013
Posts: 2617

Kudos [?]: 239 [0], given: 0

Re: Fuqua Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Aug 2017, 13:38
tx-guy13 wrote:
Age: 27
GPA: 3.0 in Accounting from Kelley/McCombs/Ross
GMAT: 770- Q49, V47
W/E: 4 years F250 leadership development rotation program (accounting/finance/operations/finance...asia expat 1 yr)
E/C: Not a ton due to moving every year, but consistency in terms of I played in the church band at each place I lived. Also currently on the social team for the young adults ministry at my church now.

Future goals: Long term- F500 CEO. Short term...transition to management consulting to gain experience working on high-level strategic business problems.


Hi there,
Congrats on that GMAT! That is admirable, and also great that you achieved that level given your 3.0 being lackluster. Without knowing a ton more about you it sounds like you can hopefully emphasize some level of involvement and commitment, and the international experience is a plus. I know it can be tough to cite specific results and impact when part of a leadership rotation program, but try to if and where you can, and certainly Fuqua will appreciate the broad exposure you've gained through the program. I do think it's worth a shot at Fuqua; if you'd like a more in depth profile review feel free to sign up for a consultation at any point at www.mbamission.com/consult, and/or post back here with more detail. Good luck!
_________________

Jen Kedrowski
mbaMission

Website: http://www.mbamission.com
Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Image

Kudos [?]: 239 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Aug 2017
Posts: 5

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Fuqua Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Aug 2017, 18:21
Thanks all for Informative comments :)

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Jan 2017
Posts: 6

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 8

GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.5
Reviews Badge
Fuqua Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Aug 2017, 18:51
From Turkey, 26 Male

Undergrad: Pace University, Biology, GPA: 3.44 (A's in quant classes)
Graduate degree: Doctorate in physical therapy from a large Jewish school, GPA: 3.8
GMAT: 710 (49Q, 37V)- retaking in October
Currently taking HBX CORe (I anticipate to finish with high honors)
Excellent recommendation letters.

Work experience: 4 clinical rotations totaling 10 months (4 months at an elite hospital) in various clinical settings with supervision experience, 1 year (at matriculation- Summer 2018) in a private clinic with marketing and insurance billing experience while maintaining a 45 hr/week clinical caseload. Research assistant at same grad school after graduation for 1 year (simultaneously with private clinic job).

Extracurricular: Co-founded a state wide student special interest group (wrote the bylaws of the organization), active member of professional association (organized events, attended board meetings, member of finance committee). Full swimming scholarship in undergrad, team captain senior year. Swam for the Turkish national team in European Youth Olympics and other international competitions. And some more.

Short term goal: Transition into a non-clinical role in healthcare services sector, focusing on data driven, outcome based healthcare delivery.
Long term goal: Senior level management position within healthcare sector

Thank you!

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 8

Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consultant
User avatar
S
Joined: 07 Mar 2012
Posts: 722

Kudos [?]: 325 [0], given: 2

Reviews Badge
Re: Fuqua Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Aug 2017, 08:59
dakay001 wrote:
From Turkey, 26 Male

Undergrad: Pace University, Biology, GPA: 3.44 (A's in quant classes)
Graduate degree: Doctorate in physical therapy from a large Jewish school, GPA: 3.8
GMAT: 710 (49Q, 37V)- retaking in October
Currently taking HBX CORe (I anticipate to finish with high honors)
Excellent recommendation letters.

Work experience: 4 clinical rotations totaling 10 months (4 months at an elite hospital) in various clinical settings with supervision experience, 1 year (at matriculation- Summer 2018) in a private clinic with marketing and insurance billing experience while maintaining a 45 hr/week clinical caseload. Research assistant at same grad school after graduation for 1 year (simultaneously with private clinic job).

Extracurricular: Co-founded a state wide student special interest group (wrote the bylaws of the organization), active member of professional association (organized events, attended board meetings, member of finance committee). Full swimming scholarship in undergrad, team captain senior year. Swam for the Turkish national team in European Youth Olympics and other international competitions. And some more.

Short term goal: Transition into a non-clinical role in healthcare services sector, focusing on data driven, outcome based healthcare delivery.
Long term goal: Senior level management position within healthcare sector

Thank you!



While I wish I had some more detail here (so if you really want to make sure this evaluation is more or less correct feel free to try our Admissions Chances Calculator as you will need to fill in a lot of detail there: https://aringo.com/mba-admission-chances-calculator/) from what I can see this is definitely a pretty unique profile for Fuqua so I would rate your chances as pretty good due to that. You come from an underrepresented demographic and have some really unusual experiences on your CV, so that is all great.

If you want some other options, you might want to take a look at the schools listed here:
https://aringo.com/mba-health-care-management-specialization/
as they are ranked high for health care management in particular.

Good luck!

JL
_________________

https://ARINGO.com/ – MBA Admissions Consulting

Specializing in candidates with GMATs under 720

Try our free Admissions Chances Calculator - https://aringo.com/mba-admission-chances-calculator/

All statistics verified by Ernst & Young

Kudos [?]: 325 [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Jan 2017
Posts: 6

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 8

GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.5
Reviews Badge
Re: Fuqua Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Aug 2017, 18:22
Thanks a lot for your comments and the link to the calculator- definitely very helpful!

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 8

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 07 Jan 2016
Posts: 259

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 22

Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Reviews Badge
Re: Fuqua Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Aug 2017, 03:26
EduSimplified wrote:
Hatakekakashi wrote:
Hi,
I am an Indian male engineer currently working as Business Development Executive at a startup ( 6 year old company)
Academics: Undergrad 69% 12th - 87 10th - 75
Age: 25
Total work experience: 4 years
International exposure: No
GMAT: 710/800 ( q 49 v 36 ir 7 awa 6)
Community service: 2+ years ( NGO)
Post MBA goals - Marketing manager / product manager . Have hands on experience on supply chain business and marketing products .
E/C - laurels in sports , extempore , play keyboard and guitar , learnt singing
College Student body president
Event Organiser/Anchor

Duke is a target school and i'll most likely apply . What do you feel that i can showcase to strengthen my profile.

Note - I'm not an IT guy , i worked as a business analyst , had/part an own business for two years , business development executive right now. Never have been an IT MALE Indian. Do you think i can leverage my 4 years of marketing/supply chain experience over the over represented IT MALE Indians


I look forward to your response
Regards
HK


Hi Hk,

It's been a while since we've connected. Hope you're doing good buddy ! Did you finally retake GMAT then?

There is a slight disconnect with your undergrad education and work ex but it will depend on how you present yourself to overcome it. Yes your profile is little different from Typical Indian profile but you'll need to prepare an application that highlights it. You definitely have the potential to get into Duke. Feel free to get in touch.

Best,



Hello Deep,
Yeah it's been a while. A retake in Vain i would say , didn't give it any time no energy to take it again despite i get tempted because of the section change post July 11th.

Thanks for your insight Deep

Regards
HK

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 22

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 07 Oct 2016
Posts: 12

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Location: India
Concentration: Sustainability, General Management
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V30
GMAT 2: 700 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE: Business Development (Consulting)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Fuqua Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Aug 2017, 23:33
Background and nationality: Indian male (Non IT !! Business Studies)

Undergrad Information: Graduated from Delhi U in 2011. 1st Division

GMAT: 700 (Q47 V40)

Work experience and leadership: 6+ years; mostly in business development in consulting, past 1.5 years BD for a social impact consulting firm. Have led a 3-month project for a Big4 British Bank in London. In sales, acquired accounts worth USD Millions

Community and others: Have been volunteering and involved in community projects since school

Post MBA goals: Social impact consulting

I know that a score of 700, especially quant being the weaker section is the biggest problem here. But after a few attempts, there is no certainty I will be able to overcome that. I am going to demonstrate my quant abilities and 'Team Fuqua' qualities through essays, LORs and am also taking a quant course on Coursera.

I am applying to the Early Action round. Would love to get a feedback/opinion on this.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
avatar
B
Joined: 08 Apr 2009
Posts: 1199

Kudos [?]: 476 [1], given: 19

Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Premium Member
Re: Fuqua Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Aug 2017, 10:27
1
This post received
KUDOS
quest800 wrote:
Background and nationality: Indian male (Non IT !! Business Studies)

Undergrad Information: Graduated from Delhi U in 2011. 1st Division

GMAT: 700 (Q47 V40)

Work experience and leadership: 6+ years; mostly in business development in consulting, past 1.5 years BD for a social impact consulting firm. Have led a 3-month project for a Big4 British Bank in London. In sales, acquired accounts worth USD Millions

Community and others: Have been volunteering and involved in community projects since school

Post MBA goals: Social impact consulting

I know that a score of 700, especially quant being the weaker section is the biggest problem here. But after a few attempts, there is no certainty I will be able to overcome that. I am going to demonstrate my quant abilities and 'Team Fuqua' qualities through essays, LORs and am also taking a quant course on Coursera.

I am applying to the Early Action round. Would love to get a feedback/opinion on this.

Luckily, social impact consulting doesn't require super high GMAT score. As long as you make a convincing case in your essays on how your background combined with what the school has to offer will perfectly set you up for your post-MBA exit, you should be find with your GMAT.

The one concern I see is slight disconnect between your school choice and your post-MBA goal. While Duke and Yale (and to certain extent Berkeley) have many courses/degree/clubs/student-body that's aligned with your post-MBA goal, the other schools have a limited exposure/support-network for what you want to do. A couple of schools that I would recommend instead are Michigan and UNC (as a safety).

Kudos [?]: 476 [1], given: 19

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 07 Oct 2016
Posts: 12

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Location: India
Concentration: Sustainability, General Management
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V30
GMAT 2: 700 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE: Business Development (Consulting)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Fuqua Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Aug 2017, 11:03
Thanks asimov. This gives me some confidence. I will certainly look at Michigan and UNC.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 15 Jun 2016
Posts: 39

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 15

Schools: Yale
Fuqua Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Aug 2017, 09:58
1
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hi,

Indian female, 24 years old.
Currently have 3 years of work exp as a management consultant with a leading consultancy in India. Got two promotions in a span of three years
GMAT: 710 (Q47 V40 IR7 AWA5)
GPA: 3.4-3.6
Undergrad: Major in economics from a top 5 college for humanities in India
Mentor of an underprivileged child at a program similar to the Big Brother- Big Sister program in US
Good extra- curriculars throughout school and college
State level athlete during school days

Short term goal: To work with a leading consultancy as a Talent and Performance consultant (Human Capital consulting)
Long term goal: Lead the talent and performance practice in a leading consultancy

Thank you!

mbaMissionJenK, asimov, Aringo request you to please evaluate my profile as well

Last edited by SharmaShruti on 11 Sep 2017, 00:05, edited 2 times in total.

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 15

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Aug 2017
Posts: 2

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Location: India
Schools: Duke '20
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3.75
Re: Fuqua Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Aug 2017, 13:12
Hi,

Indian Male, Age: 25
Currently I have 3 years of work experience in core operations profile with Nestle India Limited. Have worked on some major projects, Maggi Noodle Crisis is one of them
GMAT: 730 (Q51 V37 IR7 AWA5)

Undergrad: Industrial Engineer from National Institute of Technology Jalandhar
Founder of a committee that provides education to underprivileged children
National Level Discus throw player
Received scholarship from Government of India under National Talent Search Scheme + I have a few work related achievements too.

Short term goal: To be at mid management level in the operations division of an organization
Long term goal: Head the operations division of a large FMCG company (P&G, HUL, Nestle etc.)

Wanted to know that is it necessary for me to have my short term & long term goal in the operations division only? (Graduation and work ex both are in ops). For a drop down question (No space to explain my selection) is it advisable to pick marketing or business development? Or will it have a negative impact on my application?

Thanks in advance!

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Fuqua Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!   [#permalink] 28 Aug 2017, 13:12

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5    Next  [ 89 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Fuqua Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: OasisGC, BrushMyQuant, aerien



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.