GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Jun 2018, 22:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Profile Evaluation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2018, 12:13
Hello,

I'm looking to apply the coming fall for the Class of 2021 MBA intake. My target is the M7 and Yale SOM.

Would greatly appreciate some feedback / advice with regards to my profile below.

My Profile:
Canadian, ethnic Chinese

GMAT:
710 (Q48, V40). Considering a re-take.

Undergrad:
Top ranked Canadian university, with a degree in Accounting and Finance. GPA of 3.9 / 4.0
At the time, I was the first and only person in the history of the program to graduate early

Work Experience:
-1.5 years at a top Canadian investment bank, as an Investment Banking Analyst. Won the 2016 firm-wide "Productivity Award", for taking the leadership and initiative to create and improve various Excel templates that benefited the firm. Led the recruiting efforts for candidates applying from my school
-Currently at an elite boutique US investment bank, as an Investment Banking Analyst. By the time I apply for schools I will have worked 1.5 years here, and by the time I start school in September 2019, I'll have worked 2.5 years here. Involved with the intern training programs. Will be involved in the summer as well, leading the global new hire training program. Expecting a promotion to Investment Banking Associate in a few months from now.

Extracurriculars
- Part of my undergrad university's student run investment club as an alumni, where I mentor current students in that club

Thank you very much for your time and help.
Expert Post
Stratus Admissions Consultant
P
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge
Re: Profile Evaluation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2018, 09:38
ibanker93 wrote:
Hello,

I'm looking to apply the coming fall for the Class of 2021 MBA intake. My target is the M7 and Yale SOM.

Would greatly appreciate some feedback / advice with regards to my profile below.

My Profile:
Canadian, ethnic Chinese

GMAT:
710 (Q48, V40). Considering a re-take. Given that you have some time if you are applying R1 next year-- I would suggest a retake. It is not that the 710 is not good- but for the top M7 programs you are not going to get quite as far on the 710 so it would just help to boost a little if you could. If you were a Chinese citizen- that pool has many people with some stellar GMAT in it-- so the 710 won't go as far there-- but as a Canadian citizen it will be better but still if you can boost even a little-- it is worth a try given you have time.

Undergrad:
Top ranked Canadian university, with a degree in Accounting and Finance. GPA of 3.9 / 4.0
At the time, I was the first and only person in the history of the program to graduate early
This looks impressive!
Work Experience:
-1.5 years at a top Canadian investment bank, as an Investment Banking Analyst. Won the 2016 firm-wide "Productivity Award", for taking the leadership and initiative to create and improve various Excel templates that benefited the firm. Led the recruiting efforts for candidates applying from my school
-Currently at an elite boutique US investment bank, as an Investment Banking Analyst. By the time I apply for schools I will have worked 1.5 years here, and by the time I start school in September 2019, I'll have worked 2.5 years here. Involved with the intern training programs. Will be involved in the summer as well, leading the global new hire training program. Expecting a promotion to Investment Banking Associate in a few months from now.
Great examples of impact with the Excel templates-- the specific examples of how you saved money or time would be great to add in application essays
Extracurriculars
- Part of my undergrad university's student run investment club as an alumni, where I mentor current students in that club great that your extracurriculars align with career interests

Thank you very much for your time and help.
One thing that would be great to do now is an audit of where you stand-- so that you can plan to improve in the next 3 months-- so that by the time you begin applications in summer you have already addressed potential weaknesses and improved them. To do this 5 hour Early Edge program-- you can sign up to learn more at this link-- now is a great time to start and we may even have some good financial incentives to join now-- https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... b-visitor/

Donna | StratusMBACounselor | Stratus Admissions Counseling

Re: Profile Evaluation   [#permalink] 18 Jan 2018, 09:38

Profile Evaluation

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap