Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 16:15 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 148 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Send PM
VP
VP
Status:Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Own Kudos [?]: 204 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
PRASANN2019,

Most of the B-schools open their windows for R3 applications. With a major chunk of seats filled in Round 1 and Round 2, many applicants doubt if it is even worth to apply in R3. There is no definite solution to this dilemma.

So, should you target R3 to apply for MBA? It depends.

Yes, there is no denying the fact that getting an admission in Round 3 is difficult but it is not impossible. It is a myth brewed by many that getting an admission in R3 is next to impossible. Think about it in this way, why any B school would spend money and resources on conducting an additional round of admission if they don’t accept any students. Most top B schools do accept many students in the last round. So, you never know – you might actually stand a chance.

Though applying in R3 in many cases is better than not applying at all. You need to consider a few things before applying in R3 so that you don’t waste an opportunity or your valuable time. Being Prepared with essays, Recommendations, GMAT score, Money Matters, Securing a Visa.

Also, try our B-school selector tool to know your schools to target with your expected score.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 148 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
PRASANN2019 wrote:
Ok, But can you please tell me which colleges should i target with a score b/w 650-700 considering my profile.

Thanks,
Prasann

PRASANN2019, for reasons mentioned here, we don't speculate on school selection chances.

The first thing would be to put in some more practice and get a slightly better sense of the target score. 650-700 is a big range and difficult to select basis that. Once you have a better sense, you can get in touch with us and we can engage further.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: Stanford '19
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
GPA: 3.99
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Prasann,

Happy to help. Typically, R3 is a difficult round to apply in. Having said that, the situation changes year to year, and in some years, it may not be such a bad idea.

Assuming you get a 700 in the GMAT, I would think you will stand a competitive shot at US top 35 - 40 colleges. Perhaps the top 7 or so in the UK.

Best,
Karthik

PRASANN2019 wrote:
Hi Experts,

I am Prasann from india, I have an experience of 4.2 years with 2.5 years in IT and rest in my family business(Cement & Construction). I want to apply for round-2 and might be for round-3 and mostly in top US and UK universities.,I am targeting a score b/w 660-700 in GMAT. Please shed some light on which colleges should i target and will it be possible for me to get into a good B-school in round-3.

Also when and how should i start my application process. I would be giving my GMAT by the end of November.

Other details:
10th = 73.5 %
12th = 63.5 %

Engineering(EC) = 7.1 CGPA

Thanks in advance
GMAT Club Bot