Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 20:54 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 20:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GPA: 3.15
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 614 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hi, you have a good profile and even though you will face a more competitive scenario with the 690 GMAT, I definitely believe you should give it a shot. Pay special attention to crafting crisp essays and connect with me in case you need help for the same.
All the best!

MBAGuide wrote:
HThapar wrote:
I am an Indian Male & I have graduated with a BSC Hons in Economics in 2018. Since graduation I have been working with international investment banks- it has now been 4 years. I am currently working with the securities lending and borrowing desk. I have a 690 in gmat (Q48, V36) (and personally I don’t want to take it again because this was my third attempt). I have national level sports experience.
I want to understand if I have a chance of making it to ISB. What are profile factors I should work on?

Posted from my mobile device

Hello HThapar hope this finds you in good health.

Leveraging your experience in the IB sector, you could present a strong and differentiated profile to stand a chance with a 690 on GMAT. Focus on telling how you would bring immense value to the ISB cohort by being a part of it. Make use of anecdotes to convey your leadership traits and analytical bent of mind. To hedge your risks, I suggest you also look into the IIM A, B, C and XLRI 1 year PGPX programs.
Needless to say, a high GMAT could turn the tables in your favor.

Feel free to reach out should you need guidance on your applications.

Regards
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: Stanford '19
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
GPA: 3.99
Send PM
hey HThapar - I think your profile has a lot of potential. You may apply to ISB with your present score. Having said that - your chances will improve manifold if you are able to improve your GMAT by 20 - 30 points.

Best,
Karthik

HThapar wrote:
I am an Indian Male & I have graduated with a BSC Hons in Economics in 2018. Since graduation I have been working with international investment banks- it has now been 4 years. I am currently working with the securities lending and borrowing desk. I have a 690 in gmat (Q48, V36) (and personally I don’t want to take it again because this was my third attempt). I have national level sports experience.
I want to understand if I have a chance of making it to ISB. What are profile factors I should work on?

Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 278 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Expert Reply
HThapar wrote:

Hello HThapar,

Thanks for writing in.

To have a competitive chance at making it into ISB, we would recommend that you retake the GMAT. However, as you do not intend to do so, there isn't much of an option we have and you need to truly focus on putting forth a compelling set of essays and coherent career goals. The fact that you played a sport at the national level is going to be a value add. Focus on the skills you feel you have developed through this experience.

Profile-wise, not much can change considering the time-frame we have. Keep performing at work - looking for leadership roles, volunteer for new opportunities, and see if you can garner some international experience. All of these will prove to be valuable talking points.

The following video may help with your ISB essays:

https://www.expertsglobal.com/how-to-wr ... plications

All the best!
GMAT Club Bot