Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 03:11 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 03:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 399
Send PM
The Red Pen Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
Send PM
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 278 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [1]
Given Kudos: 1752
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: Profile evaluation [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Manpreet2022 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I request mba experts and admission consultants to please evaluate my profile as prospect mba candidate and provide some guidance.

I am an Army Officer with 10yrs of experience and willing to switch career to corporate post mba. Following are the details of my education and defense career.

10th - 90%( CBSE)
12th - 91% ( CBSE)
Graduation- Btech in Electronics and Communication Engineering with 73%
( Honours)
GPA - 4(as per conversion table on GC)
GMAT -570 ( I know its bit low for my target schools)

Extra curricular during Schooling and Graduation-
I have been a nerd sort of student in my 10th and 12th, however held class and house appointments.

During graduation I have been won medals in debate, poetry and personality contests.
I have played crucial role as coordinator in organising events like cultural, tech fests and blood donation camps in my college.

Professional Career - I have had a diverse career profile with obtaining outstanding gradings in Professional courses, achieving medal for successful Counter Insurgency operations, and serving in hard field locations.

I have also gone through Instructor courses(competitive) and held various appointments during my service.

There are various other achievements which I cannot here in order to maintain the confidentiality.

Target Schools - HEC Paris, INSEAD, NUS Singapore, ISB.

Target profiles - Consulting, Product Manager & Program Manager roles in Tech Sector.

I am already undergoing upskilling courses for my roles in tech sector.

Though I understand that my GMAT score is low for above schools, but I am confident that I can build a strong application and statement of purpose.

I request guidance from experts as to which European Schools should I now consider applying to accommodate my low GMAT score and are which schools consider GMAT waivers for students from diverse professions.

Scholarships shall be a great help and how should I maximise my chances on it.

I wish to apply for Fall 2025 Intake.

Also should I consider appearing GRE or EA exams for enhancing my chances of selection.

It ll be a great help from experts on clarifying my above doubts.

Thanking all in advance.
Regards

Posted from my mobile device

­­Hello Manpreet2022,

Thank you for sharing your profile and MBA aspirations.

I'm Priyanka, a Client Manager at ARINGO.

While your profile is undeniably unique, the GMAT score might present a challenge in your applications, especially with your preferred schools. It could be beneficial to explore the option of applying with a test waiver or considering a retake of the exam for an improved chance. Additionally, you may choose to take the GRE if you find it more comfortable, as schools typically do not differentiate between the two. The confirmation of waivers for fall 2025 applications is still pending, but you can gain insights from this list of schools that offered waivers in fall 2024 https://aringo.com/top-mba-programs-continue-to-waive-gmat-gre-for-2024-intake/

ARINGO has a proven track record of helping clients secure admissions with test waivers.

Feel free to send your CV and other pertinent information to PRIYANKAK@ARINGO.com. I would be delighted to facilitate a connection with our CEO for a comprehensive review and potential collaboration on crafting compelling applications.

:)­­
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 615 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Profile evaluation [#permalink]

Manpreet2022 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I request mba experts and admission consultants to please evaluate my profile as prospect mba candidate and provide some guidance.

I am an Army Officer with 10yrs of experience and willing to switch career to corporate post mba. Following are the details of my education and defense career.

10th - 90%( CBSE)
12th - 91% ( CBSE)
( Honours)

I have been a nerd sort of student in my 10th and 12th, however held class and house appointments.

During graduation I have been won medals in debate, poetry and personality contests.
I have played crucial role as coordinator in organising events like cultural, tech fests and blood donation camps in my college.

Professional Career - I have had a diverse career profile with obtaining outstanding gradings in Professional courses, achieving medal for successful Counter Insurgency operations, and serving in hard field locations.

I have also gone through Instructor courses(competitive) and held various appointments during my service.

There are various other achievements which I cannot here in order to maintain the confidentiality.

Target profiles - Consulting, Product Manager & Program Manager roles in Tech Sector.

Though I understand that my GMAT score is low for above schools, but I am confident that I can build a strong application and statement of purpose.

I request guidance from experts as to which European Schools should I now consider applying to accommodate my low GMAT score and are which schools consider GMAT waivers for students from diverse professions.

Also should I consider appearing GRE or EA exams for enhancing my chances of selection.

Thanking all in advance.
Regards

­Manpreet2022 hope this finds you well.

On a positive note, your academic grades look good overall. Perhaps the long break between academic muscle training has led to your current score. I have worked with much older Army and Navy profiles, so I can tell if you are aiming for a school like ISB or IIM A, you must have at least 690 equivalent of old GMAT to demonstrate your learning agility. INSEAD looks like a long shot without knowing more details about your profile, but I am happy to discuss further.

Definitely add IIM A and IIM B to your list of schools. I am happy to tell you that many companies give preference to veterans in the hiring process, and you will have a strategic advantage over the general pool. Military applicants are highly sought after by top B-schools and top consulting firms. These profiles remain unaffected by excessive character traits, by the politics of the situation, which makes them highly sought after, especially in consulting fields that require significant personal sacrifice. Military personnel are accustomed to making sacrifices during their service and have a remarkable level of commitment, which gives them a distinct advantage over other applicants.

I routinely work with older military, naval, manufacturing, and operations applicants, and I come with 10 years of industry experience in manufacturing and operations, design and management. Please contact me should you like a candid discussion about your profile.

Get personalized advice tailored to your specific situation. Reach out to us if you need help navigating your unique circumstances in the B School admissions process. We do not cap discussion hours.

Best wishes
Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD alum, former INSEAD admissions interviewer)
Founder, MBAGuideConsulting
LinkedIn |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/ | Message: +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com­­­

­­
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 210 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM

Manpreet2022 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

10th - 90%( CBSE)
12th - 91% ( CBSE)
( Honours)

Thanking all in advance.
Regards

­
@Manpreet2022 - some thoughts on your profile and queries:

1. The current GMAT score would make it difficult for your target programs, given the competitive pool. I would suggest a retake (or switching to GRE) to increase your odds at these programs. Latest GMAT Classic averages of top European B-schools can be found here. Broadly, European/ UK programs and ISB/ IIM A-B-C are open to more experienced candidates than the US ones, so you're on the right path in looking at these geographies.

2. Certain European/ UK schools (e.g. Warwick, ESADE, EDHEC, IE, etc.) are less stringent on GMAT/ GRE for experienced candidates, and some offer alternatives (e.g. proprietary tests such as BAT/ EA) if you demonstrate strength across other areas of the profile. This can be something to consider, given your grades in school/ undergrad are good.

3. It'd be crucial to link your army work-ex and transferable skills to your post-MBA goals, and have a strong narrative as to why MBA and why NOW. This becomes important especially for someone with a non-corporate background. I recently worked with a candidate (40 yo), from a navy background, who received admits with scholarships at IIM-C, Warwick and EDHEC. His profile/ testimonials, among others, can be found here.

Hope this helps a bit. Feel free to reach out through the links below for a deeper chat.

Regards,
Arvind
Founder, admitStreet 
W: https://admitstreet.com | LinkedIn | E: consultingteam@admitstreet.com­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 399
Send PM
I wholeheartedly thank all the Experts for providing valuable insights.

I understand the value of GMAT and competitiveness of MBA programs, and therefore I am flexible with my target schools.

Since another retake for gmat shall not be possible for me considering my deployment, I look towards Gmat waiver and maximum scholarships possible.

I am flexible with my target schools and basically looking for MBA in countries where Employers are not too stringent in sponsoring Work Visa for Migrants and getting a PR is not a major hussle.

I can be reached on manpreet2012@gmail.com.

VP
VP
Status:Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Own Kudos [?]: 204 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Send PM
Hello Manpreet2022

570 GMAT score is too low and with this score, I do not think you can land up in your target schools. You may have plenty of things to talk about from your 10+ years of work experience but GMAT is also one of the important factors.

Retake the GMAT and aim for a higher score in the 650+ area. That would open many more doors to you, along with the chance to impress the admissions committee and things do not end with your good GMAT as you need to work hard on your essays and with shortlisting the right b-schools.

Please share your complete profile so that we can evaluate it and let you know the realistic chances of you getting admitted.­
GMAT Club Bot