Last visit was: 02 May 2024, 03:32 It is currently 02 May 2024, 03:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 148 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 148 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation and choosing a consultant. [#permalink]
pranaybhasin wrote:
MG4MBACrystalBall

Thanks a lot Manish for your valuable insights.

I am working in the banking and Financial sector in TCS and I am both into coding or technical development and business side. I had one year and this motive to gradually step deep into Finance, and because of that I decided to pursue Diploma in Business Analyses. Also, I continuously follow stocks and trading. I am also trying to learn and do courses from online portals in finance and investment domains, so I am actively trying to mold myself for the domain.

The ECs grow weaker after my University as TCS doesnt provide much opportunities for the same. Overall, I guess i am going to listen to your advice and wait for a year.

Lastly, is it advisable to subscribe to a consultancy at this stage or it should be done a little later?

That's good pranaybhasin that you are working towards getting the skills at least. Do more to ease the transition you are seeking - it's not going to be an easy one.

This may be biased, since we provide such help too, but here's how I would put it. If you have a fair sense of what to do in the 1-2 years you are giving yourself, go ahead. If not, taking guidance might be useful.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: Stanford '19
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
GPA: 3.99
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Pranay,

Here's the short and straightforward answer to your question first: It might be better to wait a year or two before applying to good Business School programs.

Now for the longer answer:

1) You have good extra-curricular's in college. However, you seem to have dropped that thread after joining work. I would encourage you to ramp up, rather than ramp down. Join a non-profit and devote your energies to helping them scale their impact.

2) As you are probably aware - the IT services sector sees a lot of its members applying to business schools. If at all it is possible, try to switch to your target area of interest even before the MBA application. (If you give yourself a 1 or 2 year runway, that should be possible).

3) If you want to move towards the finance sector, try finishing a CFA level 1 at least. This will help you demonstrate interest in your chosen area.

4) If you are getting good mock scores, by all means, take the GMAT again. You should present the best version of yourself to the admissions committee, and as of now, you are holding back your star batsman.

Copenhagen may work this year. For the others on your list, the advice given above would be applicable. In fact, if you go through what I've told you above, you may be able to crack a better business school even.

All the best!
Karthik

pranaybhasin wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I want to know how strong is my profile for mba for fall 2020. If anyone can evaluate the profile and tell me so that i can go ahead with the application process otherwise i can wait for another year before applying as my work ex is a bit on the lower side.

GMAT: 700 V34 Q50 [Trying for better scores currently scoring 760 in mocks but suffering from severe test anxiety so this is what i land up with in actual gmat]
Work Ex: 2 years Tata Consultancy Servcies (Strong LORs)

QUALIFICATION
Post-graduate Diploma in Business Analysis : Kurukshetra University, India
Expected completion – June 2019
Bachelor of Technology (Electronics and Communication) :SRM University, India
2013 to 2017; CGPA: 8.14
Class 12th (Central Board of Secondary Education)
2013; Overall Percentage: 89.8%
Class 10th (Central Board of Secondary Education)
2011; CGPA: 10

No backlogs or any gap in education adn above 80% throughout my education.

3 internships and 3 paper presentations.

And i am roughly listing some of my awards and achievements..

University:
Lead more than 500 people as University Convener For Discipline
Headed a team of 300 volunteers as Committee Head For Discipline for two consecutive years
headed a team of 50 members as Committee Head For Public Relations
Headed a team of 50 members as Head of Anti- Ragging Committee
Appreciated for Project “Sonar guided system for navigation” to help blind people navigate without aid.
Merit holder in strong man events

School:
Gold medals in taekwondo and karate at national, district and state level.
School Sports Captain for three consecutive years
House Prefect
Certificate of Distinction in Computer Skills by University of New South Wales, Australia

Target Schools:
Nanyang Business School
Copenhagen School Of Business
Rotterdam
NUS

Target Industry:
I would like to enter financial sector, investment management to be specific.

I would also like to know, which consultancy is the best that can suggest me the best way possible. Should i wait or should i not? I am currently enrolled with Manya ACS in India which is actually pathetic and are forcing me to go right now. So i want to choose the one who patiently and honestly tells me my chance and not sugar coat it.

thanks a lot
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [1]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
AugustAcademy awesome advice.

pranaybhasin for test taking anxiety a couple tapping videos - just follow along
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo6XMgTJQ2w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnGW0k4LM3w
GMAT Club Bot