It is currently 10 Dec 2017, 19:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile evaluation and guidance

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Profile evaluation and guidance [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2017, 12:22
Hii Experts,
I have got a score of 640 in CAT (mock test) of Manhattan with a preparation of approx. 1.5 weeks. I target getting into top 20 B schools.
I have never attempted GMAT before.

Please guide with the below:
1. Target GMAT score
2. Total period required for preparation (considering 4-5 hours a day)
3. Target admission cycle
4. B- school options best suited to my profile.

Below is my profile :

I am Indian female 28 years old.

Work ex- 6.3 years in Steel & Power industry. Out of this three years as an Engineer+ Manager in Power Industry and 3.3 years as Supply Chain Manager for Imported Raw Materials in Steel Manufacturing Industry. Mostly dealing with International clients.
Got 3 promotions in this span.

I have pursued Mechanical Engg with 7.8/10
Active participant of cultural and sports activities both in college and Organisation. Have been the Secretary of cultural club in college.

Thanks for taking out your time and reading my profile.
Your suggestions would be of great help.

Ank

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile evaluation and guidance [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2017, 21:53
Consider the following Ank:
  1. The overall profile contours and promotions sound good. It will be important to understand the brands you've been associated with - employers and college. That can further accentuate the profile. One does not find many females in your industries in general and that too should help you differentiate well.
  2. There isn't really a minimum GMAT score (read here). That said, as a general thumb rule, try to target 10-30 points higher than your target school's average. The prep time really varies a lot from person to person so tough to put a number on that one.
  3. I am afraid that for reasons mentioned here, we do not speculate on school selection. Given your experience level, you should definitely be targeting R2 this year.

Hope this helps some.

Cheers,

MG (Manish Gupta)|The MBA Crystal Ball Team

Email: mcb at mbacrystalball dot com

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2017, 01:07
Hii,
1. Below are the detailed information of my career & academics:
I have been associated with Jindal Steel & Power Limited, India for more than 6 years.
I have worked as a mechanical engineer and a supply chain manager in the same company.
I have done my BTech Mechanical Engineering from a non-IIT government college in UP, India.
My education till intermediate has been throughout CBSE board with 86.7% in intermediate and 84.5% in High school.
In my BTech I have done internships with top public sector companies of India like NTPC, Gas authority of India and BHEL.
I have also done Certification program in Supply Chain Management from IIMM, New Delhi.
2. Ok
3. This means that I have to be ready with a solid GMAT score positively by Mid Dec-17. Right??

Thanks a lot for your inputs. Really helpful.

Ank

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2017, 23:12
That's a decent brand Ank and especially your SCM role will be pretty good to showcase well.

On the timelines, the post here may be useful; so ideally sooner. Alternatively, you may want to work on your apps in parallel to GMAT prep.

Cheers,

MG (Manish Gupta)|The MBA Crystal Ball Team

Email: mcb at mbacrystalball dot com

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2017, 21:59
MG4MBACrystalBall wrote:
That's a decent brand Ank and especially your SCM role will be pretty good to showcase well.

On the timelines, the post here may be useful; so ideally sooner. Alternatively, you may want to work on your apps in parallel to GMAT prep.

Cheers,

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2017, 22:00
Thanks a ton !!!

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2017, 22:55
I would like to apply for the MSC in Sustainable Development and Social Innovation for the 2018 intake of HEC Paris. I'd really love to know from now what are my chances of getting in and if the effort I'm making to get in and find funding for it is worth the hassle.

Please take note that these are the requirements for the application with my corresponding responses:

Passport Size Photo - yes
2 Recommendations - I have three one from my internship at the european union in the Philippines signed by the ambassador, one from my professor when I was a student of International Relations and another from the head of community service of the university i was in for my bacc for when I was very involved with their community projects.
Professional Resume in English - yes
Official Academic Transcripts - GPA: 2.50
Completed Essay Questions - yes
Passport and Birth Certificate - yes, birth certificate translated to french as well
Professional Working Experience - 6 years before graduating from bacc and 3 months after graduating (I graduated in May,2017)
Application Fee: 100 EUR - yes
TOEFL/TOEIC/IELTS/PTE - TOEIC score 970/990

Really hoping to hear good news. good luck to everyone!

Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consultant
B

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 3

Schools: Stanford '19
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2017, 02:40
Hi Ank,

You definitely have a good profile and might have a good shot at some colleges in the top 20 (US). This will require you to have a GMAT score of about 730/740. If you wish to apply in R2 of this year - we are looking at a difficult task. Preparing quality applications take time. GMAT prep takes time as well. you definitely don't have time to finish the GMAT and then start work on the applications. Your best bet is to do both in parallel or postpone to next year.

If you wish to discuss more, please get in touch with us through the link below.

Best wishes,
Karthik

ank2308 wrote:
Hii Experts,
I have got a score of 640 in CAT (mock test) of Manhattan with a preparation of approx. 1.5 weeks. I target getting into top 20 B schools.
I have never attempted GMAT before.

Please guide with the below:
1. Target GMAT score
2. Total period required for preparation (considering 4-5 hours a day)
3. Target admission cycle
4. B- school options best suited to my profile.

Below is my profile :

I am Indian female 28 years old.

Work ex- 6.3 years in Steel & Power industry. Out of this three years as an Engineer+ Manager in Power Industry and 3.3 years as Supply Chain Manager for Imported Raw Materials in Steel Manufacturing Industry. Mostly dealing with International clients.
Got 3 promotions in this span.

I have pursued Mechanical Engg with 7.8/10
Active participant of cultural and sports activities both in college and Organisation. Have been the Secretary of cultural club in college.

Thanks for taking out your time and reading my profile.
Your suggestions would be of great help.

Ank

Karthik P.
Founder and CEO,
August Academy.

We are an India based MBA admissions consulting firm. We've been helping Indian MBA applicants (students belonging to the most competitive MBA admissions pool) since 2013. Several of our students study at top 20 schools in the US including Kellogg, MIT, Yale, Ross and Darden, top European schools including London Business School and Oxford, top Canadian schools like Rotman and top Asian schools like ISB and NUS. Our students have won over USD 2.1 Million in scholarships over the last 3 admissions years.

Schedule a free consultation with us.

Click here to view GMATclub verified student testimonials.

Click here to view all our student testimonials.

If you like this post - please give us kudos :) Thanks much!

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 3

Re: Profile evaluation and guidance   [#permalink] 06 Nov 2017, 02:40

Profile evaluation and guidance

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap