Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 05:29 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GRE 1: Q170 V155
GPA: 4
WE:General Management (Education)
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Indian, Male, 28
GMAT 700
Academics: Engineer from a top 100 College in the Country with a score of 69

Work Experience:

6 Years in a retail product company in India. I've started and built the Human Resource operations and functions in the company. I've got 3-4 Promotions and now a part of the senior management in the company. The company is on the verge of going Global in a years time.

Others: I've taken a lot of Business initiatives and demonstrated during the college. However after I ve started working all my initiatives are confined to my workplace .

Why MBA
To learn, understand organization from a Global perspective ideally to run large corporate office of a global organization.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 78 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 660 Q51 V27
GMAT 2: 690 Q48 V37
WE:Consulting (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Debruyne wrote:
Indian, Male, 28
GMAT 700
Academics: Engineer from a top 100 College in the Country with a score of 69

Work Experience:

6 Years in a retail product company in India. I've started and built the Human Resource operations and functions in the company. I've got 3-4 Promotions and now a part of the senior management in the company. The company is on the verge of going Global in a years time.

Others: I've taken a lot of Business initiatives and demonstrated during the college. However after I ve started working all my initiatives are confined to my workplace .

Why MBA
To learn, understand organization from a Global perspective ideally to run large corporate office of a global organization.

Sounds good. I got an interview call with a similar profile but lesser work experience. All the best with your essays! They will play a key role.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I have appeared for GMAT and got 740. There are few doubts in my mind. I am really seeking for an informative answer. To start with, I am sharing certain details below.

Work experience - I have started working with my father in our business. We basically have a shop registered in India since 1989 where we provide photocopy, laminating, binding solutions and we also trade in office stationery goods. I am working here since 2012. Presently we have almost 3 million Indian rupees as our revenue figure.

Education - BCom honours with 1st class from University of Burdwan, India.Presently CFA LEVEL 3 candidate.

Query - Can I use the above mentioned work experience as a valid work experience to apply for MBA in global b-schools? And from where I need to get LORs? I think I can't get it from my father, who is my on job supervisor.
Senior PS Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 5206 [0]
Given Kudos: 47
GPA: 3.12
Send PM
Shubhamkesh wrote:
I have appeared for GMAT and got 740. There are few doubts in my mind. I am really seeking for an informative answer. To start with, I am sharing certain details below.

Work experience - I have started working with my father in our business. We basically have a shop registered in India since 1989 where we provide photocopy, laminating, binding solutions and we also trade in office stationery goods. I am working here since 2012. Presently we have almost 3 million Indian rupees as our revenue figure.

Education - BCom honours with 1st class from University of Burdwan, India.Presently CFA LEVEL 3 candidate.

Query - Can I use the above mentioned work experience as a valid work experience to apply for MBA in global b-schools? And from where I need to get LORs? I think I can't get it from my father, who is my on job supervisor.

Hi Shubhamkesh

Please post your profile evaluation on the ISB profile evaluation thread.
https://gmatclub.com/forum/profile-eval ... 10934.html

This post will be automatically removed in 24 hours.

Thanks in advance
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.49
Send PM
Shubhamkesh wrote:

Hi,
Firstly, congratulations on the GMAT :)
CFA helps you too! For recommendations you’ll have to ask clients if possible or vendors. Family unfortunately won’t do.

Best of luck and certainly go ahead and apply!

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Schools: IIMB (A$)
GMAT 1: 620 Q49 V27
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 3
Send PM
Hi,
You can definitely apply in any b school in the world. There is no bar. Try to use your profile as your strength using stories of your ups and downs and justify using suitable instances.
Reccommendations can be obtained from your clients.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GRE 1: Q170 V155
WE:General Management (Education)
Send PM
Agreed. Congrats on a great GMAT score. You can definitely show this as a valid work experience.

But for recommendations, you either need to get it from a Vendor, your wholesalers, your long standing clients.

I suggest reaching out to the admission team of colleges you want to apply to, and seek out this information.

Sent from my HM NOTE 1LTE using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 569 [0]
Given Kudos: 164
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3
WE:Project Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Shubhamkesh wrote:

Wow!! GMAT 740 and CFA level 3!! I think you have some great things lined up in your near future. :-) :-)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you!
Can you tell me a bit about your profile.
And what are the flaws you see in my profile which might put off the team?

Posted from my mobile device
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
thunderbird350 wrote:
Hi...

Could anyone please evaluate my profile for ISB.

7 Yrs work Ex,with India's leading Bank.
Commerce Graduate : 53%
12th : 70%
10: 63%
GMAT : About to give very soon, Score ranges in 660-680.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

what are your work related experiences, achievements, career progress like?
why do you want an MBA?
what value will you add to the ISB class?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi All,

I am an Indian female currently working in an IT giant in Bangalore. I have 2 years and 4 months of experience.
My gmat score is 660(Q49,V31) and IR 6. It would be great if someone could evaluate my profile. I know the score is pretty low. I just took the exam a day ago. And since I haven't started working on the essays either, I am kinda confused if I should rush in and take GMAT after 16-20 days and try for this year or is it better to take my time and apply next year? Also what are my chances of getting through with my current score?
Academics: 10th : 97% ; 12th: 90% ; Engineering : 74% E&C(VTU)
Work: 1 promotion, 1 award
Apart from this I have been a national level chess player, All time VTU chess champion and have won numerous prizes in tournaments. Also a table tennis and badminton player(district level winner during school). And a lot of extra curriculars like seminars, paper presentations, essay writing, elocution, quizzes etc during school and college.
Active member of the CSR wing of my company.
Please provide your suggestions.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Pearl148 wrote:
Hi All,

I am an Indian female currently working in an IT giant in Bangalore. I have 2 years and 4 months of experience.
My gmat score is 660(Q49,V31) and IR 6. It would be great if someone could evaluate my profile. I know the score is pretty low. I just took the exam a day ago. And since I haven't started working on the essays either, I am kinda confused if I should rush in and take GMAT after 16-20 days and try for this year or is it better to take my time and apply next year? Also what are my chances of getting through with my current score?
Academics: 10th : 97% ; 12th: 90% ; Engineering : 74% E&C(VTU)
Work: 1 promotion, 1 award
Apart from this I have been a national level chess player, All time VTU chess champion and have won numerous prizes in tournaments. Also a table tennis and badminton player(district level winner during school). And a lot of extra curriculars like seminars, paper presentations, essay writing, elocution, quizzes etc during school and college.
Active member of the CSR wing of my company.
Please provide your suggestions.

Hi Pearl,

What is your profile at this IT giant? IF you belong to the common IT engineer pool, then I see this as a uphill task for you. A low GMAT score + low work experience in an overcrowded applicant pool are too many weaknesses together.
I'd suggest that you want a year and apply with more work experience and a better GMAT score.
If you have outstanding work experience (in two years) then it may be worthwhile to retake GMAT before the R2 deadline and apply now. Its hard for me to comment further without knowing more about you.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello everyone,

I am planning to get my profile evaluated for ISB PGP PRO course

Education:
BSc in Computer science
PGDBA on Marketing

Work Experience:
9.5 years in Telecom Sector handling multiple roles in Sales and marketing
Currently at a role managing India and Bangladesh as region and a business of close to 10 M Euros
Won couple of nominated programs in the company due to my work and recognized as a next gen leader

Wanted to know how I can increase my chances of getting till ISB PGPPro interview and placement situation for this program.

Thank you
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 237 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
pj2101 wrote:
I would like my profile to be evaluated for ISB.

Background-
25, Indian, Male

Education-

Xth 90%

XIIth 80%

CGPA 6.9 (B.Tech, IIT Kharagpur)

GMAT 700

Work Experience-

3 Years of experience in social / development sector consulting projects with government agencies.

Hi pj2101, decent profile. The strongest part of your profile is:

3 Years of experience in social / development sector consulting projects with government agencies.

I hope this is a full time experience and am assuming you want to continue in this sector. Do a good research on ISB's offerings in this regard; ISB has a lot to offer in terms of courses and experiential opportunities in the social sector.

On the flip side, your CGPA is slightly on the lower side, but hopefully your reasonably decent GMAT score and your undergrad school should be able to compensate for it.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1665 [0]
Given Kudos: 348
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V28
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
How things different for indian students aspiring for GMAT

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
Hi all,
Please evaluate my profile:
Gmat:680 Q49/V34
10th:90%
12th:85%
Engg: 7.7/10GPA
Work ex:
Total: 50 months
20 months L&T (initially supply chain and business development)
30 months at ZS - management consulting firm (part of a award winning team), multiple initiatives ,promotion
Extra curricular:
-Have won multiple awards along school to college level for drawing
-Trekking
-photography
There are a few more. However, these stand out. I am retaking gmat in a few days. In case the score doesn't increase should I still go ahead with the application?
Thanks.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
MBADecoder wrote:
satarupa wrote:
Hello All,

I am a 26 years old Indian female targeting for 2019 session. Would like to gain some insights about my profile as below:

Work exp :
4.5 years in automotive industry (4yrs - Bosch Ltd, past 6 months in Mercedes-Benz India)
- 1 year in shop floor process engineering( as Graduate engineer trainee)
- 3.5 years in end to end supply chain management with some key achievements :
- handled inventory value worth about 12% of the total turnover of the division.My team consisted of 2 nonpayroll employees.
- managed a project successfully automating a part of the supply chain network thereby saving 3 man hours per day.
- initiated a lean supply chain project reducing the turn around time in the network by 60% resulting a significant increase in
customer service levels.

Academics :
B.Tech (Mech) - 7.21/10
12th - 68%
10th - 84%

non academic qualification : Senior diploma in Hindustani classical vocal music.
Extracurricular activities : Not much in recent years except the first point, however some points as below :
- Regularly organize talk sessions in line with TEDx in office.
- have been part of organizing committee of college cultural fests.
- have won various accolades in GD , music in school and junior college.

Would like to hear from experts and fellow members.

Regards,
Satarupa Pradhan

Hi Satrupa,

You have a rather good profile. I can say from my experience of helping applicants apply successfully, that females with your kind of experience on the shop floor are viewed favorably by admissions committees. So, you are starting off at an advantageous position.
keep up the good work professionally and get involved in some volunteering activities- they add dimension to your profile.

Now, I'd like to ask you, why aren't you applying in the R2 cycle? You have the perfect level of work experience even now. All you need is a good GMAT score.

Hello MBADecoder,
Thanks for your evaluation.
Coming to your question,i am not prepared enough to get a decent GMAT score for R2 this year.
without much of EC as of now i think i would need a great score to make a strong application.Would like to know your opinion.
Regards,
Satarupa

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  67   68   69   70   71  ...  307