It is currently 20 Oct 2017, 15:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 03 Aug 2015
Posts: 69

Kudos [?]: 30 [1], given: 0

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Aug 2016, 04:06
1
This post received
KUDOS
rohitbansal1507 wrote:
Please evaluate my profile:

X: 82.8% XII: 65.4%
2007 - 2011: BE from MIT, Manipal; CGPA: 8.47/10 (Amongst top 5%le in class)
2011 - 2014: Manager (Instrumentation Maintenance) in Reliance Industries Limited (Petrochemical Division), Vadodara, India
2014 - 2015: MSc in Management of Technology from NUS, Singapore; CAP: 4.35/5.00
2015 - Present: Production Engineer in Lanxess Pte. Ltd. (Petrochemical Manufacturing) Singapore; Project Management/Process Improvement kind of role.

Have led multiple cross cultural teams and projects at work.
Extra Curricular: Average (Founder of Toastmaster club in a city, won NUS enterprise seed funding, started a charity club in Reliance for children education)

GMAT1: 680(q51 v30 awa 5)
GMAT2: 680(q49 v33 awa 6)

Retake on 4th October.

Target schools: INSEAD, ISB, NUS, NTU, SAID, JUDGE, IIMB EPGP, IIMA PGPEX, Cornell/Kellog 1 year MBA

Post MBA career goal: Operations Consulting or get into a Rotational Leadership Program for industry oriented firm

Overall, most of the things are looking good: your consistent academics, your work in your core domain, and the duration of your work-experience, are all in the right bracket!

Hence, you should now focus on your application and make sure that you have a very compelling application.

Since GMAT is slightly on the lower side, good to see that you are re-attempting GMAT. Even your current score is not really a show stopper; so appear in GMAT with all positivity Rohit.
_________________

http://www.ISBeacon.com

For ISB Aspirants, by ISB Alums

Free First essay
Free Profile Evaluation
Free ISB Essays Best Practices Document


ISBeacon: Your Beacon to ISB

Kudos [?]: 30 [1], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 03 Aug 2016
Posts: 115

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 53

Location: India
Concentration: Operations, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
GPA: 4
WE: Design (Transportation)
Reviews Badge
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Aug 2016, 04:24
Hi

please review my profile for Top 20 B-School abroad for EMBA & for the following Indian schools
IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2018!
IIM Bangalore EPGP 9 Aspirants (Class of 2017 - 18)
IIM Calcutta PGPEX Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2018
ISB Hyderabad

My life can be divided into 2 parts pre 2010 & post 2010

post 2010
GMAT 750(Q51 V39)
Total 6.5 years exp --> 4.5 years at job + 2 years entrepreneurship (Coaching Institute)
Currently working as Senior Design Engineer (Domain expert in metro trains & High speed trains) (R&D of automobile & transportation products)

Pre 2010
But my past is not that great
10th - 84%
12th - 49%
BTECH - 6.3 CGPA in Mechanical

Apart from this I have worked for relief flood victim in 2005, 2014 & 2015 ( we are a group of friends & some locals)
I have won awards in singing, Cricket, Badminton
I work for 2 NGOs (one for blind child & another for children education)
I have won at least 12 awards during my job
I have some designs which are now implemented metro trains in India
Also some patents I have as a team
Have experience in B2B sales with success rate of 100% (1/1)

Regards
Alok

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 53

Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 03 Aug 2015
Posts: 69

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 0

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Aug 2016, 05:03
Balajikarthick1990 wrote:
Hi

I am an ISB aspirant for the class of 2018.

Kindly find my profile below and let me know
1. What are my chances?
2. Anything else which I should focus on and Improve?


Manufacturing to Educational Sector to Data Analytics! You would have an unenviable challenge of bringing it all together in the second essay!

You are already planning to re-appear in GMAT, but even your current score is not a show-stopper. So, you can only go upwards from here.
_________________

http://www.ISBeacon.com

For ISB Aspirants, by ISB Alums

Free First essay
Free Profile Evaluation
Free ISB Essays Best Practices Document


ISBeacon: Your Beacon to ISB

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 03 Aug 2015
Posts: 69

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 0

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Aug 2016, 05:14
alokspa wrote:
Hi

please review my profile for Top 20 B-School abroad for EMBA & for the following Indian schools
IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2018!
IIM Bangalore EPGP 9 Aspirants (Class of 2017 - 18)
IIM Calcutta PGPEX Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2018
ISB Hyderabad

My life can be divided into 2 parts pre 2010 & post 2010

post 2010
GMAT 750(Q51 V39)
Total 6.5 years exp --> 4.5 years at job + 2 years entrepreneurship (Coaching Institute)
Currently working as Senior Design Engineer (Domain expert in metro trains & High speed trains) (R&D of automobile & transportation products)

Pre 2010
But my past is not that great
10th - 84%
12th - 49%
BTECH - 6.3 CGPA in Mechanical

Apart from this I have worked for relief flood victim in 2005, 2014 & 2015 ( we are a group of friends & some locals)
I have won awards in singing, Cricket, Badminton
I work for 2 NGOs (one for blind child & another for children education)
I have won at least 12 awards during my job
I have some designs which are now implemented metro trains in India
Also some patents I have as a team
Have experience in B2B sales with success rate of 100% (1/1)

Indeed Alok, your past (especially your class XII marks and your low BTech CGPA) has some stuff to haunt your future.

Thankfully your GMAT score would be a saving grace. Definitely utilize ISB's optional essay to drive home the point that low XII percentage and BTech CGPA are not reflective of your academic ability; your GMAT score is :-D.
_________________

http://www.ISBeacon.com

For ISB Aspirants, by ISB Alums

Free First essay
Free Profile Evaluation
Free ISB Essays Best Practices Document


ISBeacon: Your Beacon to ISB

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 11 Aug 2016
Posts: 71

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 56

Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Finance
Schools: ISB '19, Rotman '19, IIM
GMAT Date: 02-04-2017
GPA: 3.6
WE: General Management (Other)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Aug 2016, 11:27
Hello Mam/Sir ,

I am seeking admission into PGP at ISB.
Unfortunately I am not sure that I will crack the GMAT this year.
Please evaluate my profile and suggest a score that I should aim for

High School
10th - 64.6% CGPA - 6.8
12th - 80.6% CGPA - 8.5

Graduation - BBA
Percent - 63.45% CGPA - 6.7

I got a job offer from my father to work in his automobile dealership when I was in the third semester of my graduation and thus changed universities.
This did not stop me from graduating at the same time my batch did.
I have done three semesters from Prestige Institute of Management and Research, Indore and three semesters from RDVV, Jabalpur
I however got 63 percent only at the time of graduation as I was working and attending college at the same time.

I have managed to come up the a very high post at the automobile dealership and collect 6+ years of work experience.
I started as a sales executive and am now the executive director of the dealership.

I am not sure ISB will want a student like me as I am not an IITian and not from a technical background.
Also I am not having a very high CGPA.

However, in my six years working with my father's Automobile Dealership, I have gained a lot of insight on the automobile industry.
I want to further increase my knowledge and skill set in marketing and finance if am accepted at ISB and look for career opportunities matching my calibre

Please guide me folks.

(I am a different Ayush, not the one below who has an IIT Degree)


ayush75 wrote:
Hello folks,

Can anyone evaluated my profile for ISB.

GMAT - 720

10th - 84%
12th - 92.4%
5 years Integrated M.Tech from IIT Roorkee in Geophysical Technology. Final CGPA - 8.42

Work Experience
- July 2016 - Present (1 month) : Scientist at National Centre for Antarctic and Oceanic Research, Goa.
- May - June 2016 (2 months) : Curriculum Associate, Avanti Learning Centre, Mumbai
- June 2013 - December 2015 (2 years 7 months) : Geophysicist, Schlumberger, Doha, Qatar (Had to quit sadly because of a transfer to South Sudan)

I've worked in multidisciplinary teams, under challenging environments, providing petrotechnical solutions to high profile clients such as Qatar Petroleum, Exxon Mobil etc. I've also had a short experience of working in an unstructured environment, while working for the social enterprise Avanti.

Internships:
- Schlumberger, Navi mumbai (June-July 2011)
- Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany (May-July 2010)

Achievements
- AIR 3010 IITJEE, AIR 132 AIEEE, AIR 33 MPPET.
- CBSE Merit Schlolarship in 2007.
- Society of Exploration Geophysicists Scholarship in (2009)
- DAAD scholarship for research internship in Germany (2010)

Leadership roles:
- Schlumberger's point of contact for a Qatar Petroleum project, handling the project independently.
- Additional Secretary Music Section IIT Roorkee : Managed a team of around 40 musicians, organizing cultural council's shows across the year, while also taking active participation in them.
- Coordinator in Cognizance, the Tech fest of IIT Roorkee.
- Cultural Secretary of Dept of Earth Sciences, IIT Roorkee.

Extracurriculars:
- Vocalist and Rhythm Guitarist for Music Section IIT Roorkee, participating in shows of varied genres across the campus.
- Represented school's handball and Cricket teams for U-16 and U-14 regional tournaments respectively.

Thanks in Advance

Ayush

_________________

If you have any queries, you can always whatsapp on my number +91945412028
Ayush

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 56

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 11 Aug 2016
Posts: 71

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 56

Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Finance
Schools: ISB '19, Rotman '19, IIM
GMAT Date: 02-04-2017
GPA: 3.6
WE: General Management (Other)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Aug 2016, 11:32
Hello,

I am seeking admission into PGP at ISB.
Unfortunately I am not sure that I will crack the GMAT this year.
Please evaluate my profile and suggest a score that I should aim for

High School
10th - 64.6% CGPA - 6.8
12th - 80.6% CGPA - 8.5

Graduation - BBA
Percent - 63.45% CGPA - 6.7

I got a job offer from my father to work in his automobile dealership when I was in the third semester of my graduation and thus changed universities.
This did not stop me from graduating at the same time my batch did.
I have done three semesters from Prestige Institute of Management and Research, Indore and three semesters from RDVV, Jabalpur
I however got 63 percent only at the time of graduation as I was working and attending college at the same time.

I have managed to come up the a very high post at the automobile dealership and collect 6+ years of work experience.
I started as a sales executive and am now the executive director of the dealership.

I am not sure ISB will want a student like me as I am not an IITian and not from a technical background.
Also I am not having a very high CGPA.

However, in my six years working with my father's Automobile Dealership, I have gained a lot of insight on the automobile industry.
I want to further increase my knowledge and skill set in marketing and finance if am accepted at ISB and look for career opportunities matching my calibre

Please guide me folks.

IS IT POSSIBLE TO GET INTO ISB ON A LOW CGPA IF YOUR WORK-EX. IS GENUINE AND YOUR GMAT SCORE IS GOOD?
_________________

If you have any queries, you can always whatsapp on my number +91945412028
Ayush

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 56

Top Contributor
1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
User avatar
S
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1347

Kudos [?]: 642 [1], given: 20

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: 1540 Q800 V740
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Aug 2016, 20:30
1
This post received
KUDOS
Top Contributor
aayushamj wrote:
Hello,

I am seeking admission into PGP at ISB.
Unfortunately I am not sure that I will crack the GMAT this year.
Please evaluate my profile and suggest a score that I should aim for

High School
10th - 64.6% CGPA - 6.8
12th - 80.6% CGPA - 8.5

Graduation - BBA
Percent - 63.45% CGPA - 6.7

I got a job offer from my father to work in his automobile dealership when I was in the third semester of my graduation and thus changed universities.
This did not stop me from graduating at the same time my batch did.
I have done three semesters from Prestige Institute of Management and Research, Indore and three semesters from RDVV, Jabalpur
I however got 63 percent only at the time of graduation as I was working and attending college at the same time.

I have managed to come up the a very high post at the automobile dealership and collect 6+ years of work experience.
I started as a sales executive and am now the executive director of the dealership.

I am not sure ISB will want a student like me as I am not an IITian and not from a technical background.
Also I am not having a very high CGPA.

However, in my six years working with my father's Automobile Dealership, I have gained a lot of insight on the automobile industry.
I want to further increase my knowledge and skill set in marketing and finance if am accepted at ISB and look for career opportunities matching my calibre

Please guide me folks.

IS IT POSSIBLE TO GET INTO ISB ON A LOW CGPA IF YOUR WORK-EX. IS GENUINE AND YOUR GMAT SCORE IS GOOD?


Hi Aayush

- Your CGPA is not outstanding, but ISB does not consider CGPA alone the decision-making factor. Plenty of people with CGPAs similar to or lower than yours make it to ISB every year. However, you must try and supplement this with a good GMAT score.
- Your career progression is noteworthy and will be valued. However, as this is in a family business, you will need to show clear contribution and impact leading to this growth. The designation itself will not matter as much here, but how you have contributed, why you need the PGP, and what your future plans are. Your rich experience of 6+ years would certainly help you come up with the right examples and points.
- You will need to explain your change of college, though it shouldn't create too many issues in your app.
- As of now, focus on getting a great GMAT score (720 and above). If you can do that, you would be well on your way to being considered at ISB, and you can certainly make it. We've had a few clients with similar profiles who made it, so you can too.

All the best and feel free to come back with more questions as needed.
_________________

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Kudos [?]: 642 [1], given: 20

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Jul 2014
Posts: 3

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Schools: Judge"18
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Aug 2016, 10:59
Hi gmatclub,

Profile evaluation :
Work ex : 4 yrs in a navratna psu,india(2012-present),energy sector
Work nature : construction of thermal power plant (core technical)
BTech : civil Engg, 6.5 / 10 , NIT (2012 pass out)
XII : 91%
X : 93.5%
GMAT : 730
Extra curricular :
college : Vice President of fine arts society, volleyball team captain, organiser-techinal events-department symposium, Fresh water fish hobbist,tin whistle player, black letter calligraphy.
Target schools : ISB, insead,nus,judge business school,HEC Paris,Oxford said.

Evaluation and suggestions please !!

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 29 Jun 2016
Posts: 18

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 115

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Aug 2016, 10:13
Hi

I am an ISB aspirant for the class of 2018.

Kindly find my profile below and let me know
1. What are my chances?
2. Anything else which I should focus on and Improve?

X: 76% (State Board) Very good Percentage 102nd in whole state.
XII: 81.4% (Physics, chemistry, Biology)
2006 - 2010: BSc. agriculture (with scholarship) 7.62/10
2010 - 2012: M.Sc. Food Technology from CFTRI(one of the top scientific lab. of country) 3.0/3.0 (scholarship)
2013 - 2015: Campus placement in Japanese MNC
Worked in Japan for three years
2015 - 2016: Founded a company in India. Even had raised seed funding of 200K dollars from a known CEO of a Japanese company
But had to abandon and close it down due to health issue(slip disc problem in spine). On rest since May this year.

A bunch of other extracurriculars. (Scholarships, NCC Commandant, Volleyball State level)
Can speak Japanese well...

GMAT Scheduled next week: 700+ expected

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 115

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 May 2014
Posts: 14

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 22

GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Aug 2016, 20:31
Hello

I am looking forward to apply in ISB this year.
My Profile:
Nationality/Gender/Age - Indian/M/27
GMAT- 720 (50,38)
Academic qualification - BTech, IIT Roorkee
CGPA - 8.43/10
10th- 88%
12th- 88%

Work experience:
A total of 6.5 years experience in manufacturing an engineering sector.
Currently working as Senior Engineer in engineering department of the one of India's largest manufacturing company. This is a public sector company as well.
~6.5 years experience in thermal power plants set up, plants operations, manufacturing of various components and selection of their materials.
- Consultant to Design group for material selection
- Responsible for quality control of incoming material.
- Vendor development and material inspection.
- Review various metallurgical processes like steel making, forging, casting, weld repair, heat treatment.
- Part of material management team.
~ Done number of projects as a leader as well as member to enhance productivity or to save money for the company.
~Done a course on project management

International Exposure:
Did internship in Germany for 3 month during BTech
Worked with people from diverse nationalities and ethnic backgrounds.

Extra –Curricular activities/Achievements:
Published a research paper in an International journal of high impact factor
Won various awards in paper presentation contest during BTech
Received DAAD scholarship to pursue internship in Germany
Organized various events during college festivals.

Post MBA plans:
Work in management/strategy consulting


Kindly evaluate my profile for ISB class of 2018. I have shortlisted some other colleges like Emory, Hass, Darden, Anderson, Tuck. Pls tell me what are the chances in these colleges and some practical colleges as well.



Look forward to hearing back
Thanks
Panbhl

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 22

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 09 Jan 2015
Posts: 1

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

CAT Tests
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Aug 2016, 04:37
Hi All,

This is my first post at this forum. Just have given my GMAT and wanted my profile to be evaluated.
Planning to apply for ISB after some improvement in GMAT score.

Profile-

X - 86
XII - 75
BE - 76

GMAT 680 (q 47 , V 35)
Work Ex-
3.5 years in IT industry across various domains like healthcare, Financials etc. Some experience at networking level
like configuring routers, switches and firewalls.
5.5 years in PSU, working in power sector. Areas of work include Erection , testing , performance guarantee testing of power plant, vendor evaluation, customer coordination, complete tendering cycle...etc...

Extra Curricular -
National level badminton player (Played in Inter PSU level for 2 years)
District level Athletics (at School level).
Worked with an NGO and currently train under privileged players.
Conducted Inter PSU badminton tournament (a national level tournament approved by BAI) and Company level tournaments (Covering various sister Units of my company across India).

Looking forward for valuable feedback from you guys.

Thanks
Mahendra

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Expert Post
Admission Consultant
User avatar
G
Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 963

Kudos [?]: 151 [0], given: 51

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Aug 2016, 04:43
sentamilselvan wrote:
Hi gmatclub,

Profile evaluation :
Work ex : 4 yrs in a navratna psu,india(2012-present),energy sector
Work nature : construction of thermal power plant (core technical)
BTech : civil Engg, 6.5 / 10 , NIT (2012 pass out)
XII : 91%
X : 93.5%
GMAT : 730
Extra curricular :
college : Vice President of fine arts society, volleyball team captain, organiser-techinal events-department symposium, Fresh water fish hobbist,tin whistle player, black letter calligraphy.
Target schools : ISB, insead,nus,judge business school,HEC Paris,Oxford said.

Evaluation and suggestions please !!



Hi sentamilselvan,

You check some of the boxes with regards to your GMAT score and number of years at work. The GPA is a blip, but the GMAT score should prevent some damage there.
I'd like to understand about your leadership at work, career progression and the impact you have created at work (achievements). The work experience quality will have a key role to play in the type of examples you give in the essays.

INSEAD seems like a stretch among the b-schools you have mentioned, at others your chances will depend upon a strong application.
_________________

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
+91 9901566772

Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Ask for a FREE profile evaluation HERE


Featured among the top 25 Women CEOs in India, in the CEO Magazine

Kudos [?]: 151 [0], given: 51

Expert Post
Admission Consultant
User avatar
G
Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 963

Kudos [?]: 151 [0], given: 51

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Aug 2016, 04:46
rsgooga wrote:
Hi

I am an ISB aspirant for the class of 2018.

Kindly find my profile below and let me know
1. What are my chances?
2. Anything else which I should focus on and Improve?

X: 76% (State Board) Very good Percentage 102nd in whole state.
XII: 81.4% (Physics, chemistry, Biology)
2006 - 2010: BSc. agriculture (with scholarship) 7.62/10
2010 - 2012: M.Sc. Food Technology from CFTRI(one of the top scientific lab. of country) 3.0/3.0 (scholarship)
2013 - 2015: Campus placement in Japanese MNC
Worked in Japan for three years
2015 - 2016: Founded a company in India. Even had raised seed funding of 200K dollars from a known CEO of a Japanese company
But had to abandon and close it down due to health issue(slip disc problem in spine). On rest since May this year.

A bunch of other extracurriculars. (Scholarships, NCC Commandant, Volleyball State level)
Can speak Japanese well...

GMAT Scheduled next week: 700+ expected


Everything looks good RSgoosa. You must address the health issue in the optional essay and convince the admissions team that you will be fit to join ISB and that you have plans to keep yourself busy until April next year.

Clear career goals will be super important and best of luck with the GMAT
_________________

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
+91 9901566772

Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Ask for a FREE profile evaluation HERE


Featured among the top 25 Women CEOs in India, in the CEO Magazine

Kudos [?]: 151 [0], given: 51

Expert Post
Admission Consultant
User avatar
G
Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 963

Kudos [?]: 151 [0], given: 51

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Aug 2016, 04:47
mahendrasingh wrote:
Hi All,

This is my first post at this forum. Just have given my GMAT and wanted my profile to be evaluated.
Planning to apply for ISB after some improvement in GMAT score.

Profile-

X - 86
XII - 75
BE - 76

GMAT 680 (q 47 , V 35)
Work Ex-
3.5 years in IT industry across various domains like healthcare, Financials etc. Some experience at networking level
like configuring routers, switches and firewalls.
5.5 years in PSU, working in power sector. Areas of work include Erection , testing , performance guarantee testing of power plant, vendor evaluation, customer coordination, complete tendering cycle...etc...

Extra Curricular -
National level badminton player (Played in Inter PSU level for 2 years)
District level Athletics (at School level).
Worked with an NGO and currently train under privileged players.
Conducted Inter PSU badminton tournament (a national level tournament approved by BAI) and Company level tournaments (Covering various sister Units of my company across India).

Looking forward for valuable feedback from you guys.

Thanks
Mahendra


Hi Mahendra,

Please elaborate on your work achievements, career goals and the need for an MBA
_________________

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
+91 9901566772

Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Ask for a FREE profile evaluation HERE


Featured among the top 25 Women CEOs in India, in the CEO Magazine

Kudos [?]: 151 [0], given: 51

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
User avatar
B
Joined: 24 Jan 2016
Posts: 508

Kudos [?]: 71 [0], given: 7

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Aug 2016, 04:53
MBADecoder wrote:
mahendrasingh wrote:
Hi All,

This is my first post at this forum. Just have given my GMAT and wanted my profile to be evaluated.
Planning to apply for ISB after some improvement in GMAT score.

Profile-

X - 86
XII - 75
BE - 76

GMAT 680 (q 47 , V 35)
Work Ex-
3.5 years in IT industry across various domains like healthcare, Financials etc. Some experience at networking level
like configuring routers, switches and firewalls.
5.5 years in PSU, working in power sector. Areas of work include Erection , testing , performance guarantee testing of power plant, vendor evaluation, customer coordination, complete tendering cycle...etc...

Extra Curricular -
National level badminton player (Played in Inter PSU level for 2 years)
District level Athletics (at School level).
Worked with an NGO and currently train under privileged players.
Conducted Inter PSU badminton tournament (a national level tournament approved by BAI) and Company level tournaments (Covering various sister Units of my company across India).

Looking forward for valuable feedback from you guys.

Thanks
Mahendra


Hi Mahendra,

Please elaborate on your work achievements, career goals and the need for an MBA


Thanks for sharing,

Agree with the advice, you would need to research and articulate how an MBA fits your goals.

In addition, your athletic accomplishments would be good to highlight. You may find some of the tips from the following blog entry helpful:

http://www.veritasprep.com/blog/2016/08 ... lications/

Playing Up Athletic Accomplishments in Your Business School Applications

For the MBA admissions game, applicants often feel that the content they should be including in their business school applications is limited to their professional and academic highlights. However, impressive personal details – such as athletic achievements and experiences – can also come in handy when building up one’s profile.

Just as a beauty pageant contestant would want to impress the competition judges with both intelligence and physical beauty, an MBA applicant will do well to win admiration from the Admissions Committee with different aspects of his or her personality, as well.

I know you are applying for a top MBA program (and not an NBA team!), but sharing that you are part of a national team or that you hold (or held) regional, age-level records in your chosen sport will still help your application. Apart from differentiating you from other candidates within your same industry, your accomplishments can also be used to show consistent character traits that have been common in your successes, which you can bring with you as you make the move to business school.

For example, you may highlight the leadership skills and drive that have allowed you to excel as captain of your soccer team as the same strengths that have been key to your success as a project manager. This will help you be more convincing when you say that these skills will enable you to be successful at the prestigious MBA program you are targeting. Likewise, accomplishments in competitive sports can also be effective in strengthening your personal brand – they could be additional illustrations of your reputation as an achiever or as a team player.

Sharing interesting personal anecdotes of how a particular athletic event changed your mindset or helped you grow as a person is another way to leverage your athletic background. Rich materials abound in this field – you can demonstrate your ability to collaborate with teammates, your resilience in overcoming personal setbacks (such as injuries or failures), and other positive traits.

One inherent advantage to showcasing your athletic background is that your stories will be easy to visualize (like an ESPN highlight reel), and the Admissions Committee will be able to better relate to the highs and lows that you share. Thus, your stories become effective set-ups for presenting lessons you have learned and how you have become the person you are today. Aside from strengthening your message by demonstrating it across various contexts, this also presents you as a multi-faceted individual.

Lastly, when presented properly, your passion for sports can be an effective “ice breaker” for your interviews or to help you build relationships with your future business school peers. Sharing a keen interest in a particular sport can develop rapport. Being associated with positive qualities such as strength, agility or gracefulness can only help you as you reach for that coveted spot at a top MBA program.
_________________

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!.

Image

Kudos [?]: 71 [0], given: 7

Top Contributor
VP
VP
User avatar
S
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1347

Kudos [?]: 642 [0], given: 20

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: 1540 Q800 V740
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Aug 2016, 05:22
Top Contributor
alokspa wrote:
Hi

please review my profile for Top 20 B-School abroad for EMBA & for the following Indian schools
IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2018!
IIM Bangalore EPGP 9 Aspirants (Class of 2017 - 18)
IIM Calcutta PGPEX Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2018
ISB Hyderabad

My life can be divided into 2 parts pre 2010 & post 2010

post 2010
GMAT 750(Q51 V39)
Total 6.5 years exp --> 4.5 years at job + 2 years entrepreneurship (Coaching Institute)
Currently working as Senior Design Engineer (Domain expert in metro trains & High speed trains) (R&D of automobile & transportation products)

Pre 2010
But my past is not that great
10th - 84%
12th - 49%
BTECH - 6.3 CGPA in Mechanical

Apart from this I have worked for relief flood victim in 2005, 2014 & 2015 ( we are a group of friends & some locals)
I have won awards in singing, Cricket, Badminton
I work for 2 NGOs (one for blind child & another for children education)
I have won at least 12 awards during my job
I have some designs which are now implemented metro trains in India
Also some patents I have as a team
Have experience in B2B sales with success rate of 100% (1/1)

Regards
Alok


Hi Alok

- Your GMAT and your overall quantum of experience are fine. College acads were ok while XII acads were quite dismal, but that is all quite dated now. You should be fine in terms of the numbers.
- ECA is quite good and so are your work achievements.
- The key thing for you will be explaining the job shifts and their rationale + connecting them with a convincing post-MBA goal. If you can do that, you should get through to the interview stage.
- At this point, start building your application and creating the essays. You have all that it takes from what you have done so far. It is what you will do next that will be very important, so make sure you do it well.

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more queries as needed.
_________________

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Kudos [?]: 642 [0], given: 20

Top Contributor
VP
VP
User avatar
S
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1347

Kudos [?]: 642 [0], given: 20

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: 1540 Q800 V740
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Aug 2016, 05:23
Top Contributor
panbhl wrote:
Hello

I am looking forward to apply in ISB this year.
My Profile:
Nationality/Gender/Age - Indian/M/27
GMAT- 720 (50,38)
Academic qualification - BTech, IIT Roorkee
CGPA - 8.43/10
10th- 88%
12th- 88%

Work experience:
A total of 6.5 years experience in manufacturing an engineering sector.
Currently working as Senior Engineer in engineering department of the one of India's largest manufacturing company. This is a public sector company as well.
~6.5 years experience in thermal power plants set up, plants operations, manufacturing of various components and selection of their materials.
- Consultant to Design group for material selection
- Responsible for quality control of incoming material.
- Vendor development and material inspection.
- Review various metallurgical processes like steel making, forging, casting, weld repair, heat treatment.
- Part of material management team.
~ Done number of projects as a leader as well as member to enhance productivity or to save money for the company.
~Done a course on project management

International Exposure:
Did internship in Germany for 3 month during BTech
Worked with people from diverse nationalities and ethnic backgrounds.

Extra –Curricular activities/Achievements:
Published a research paper in an International journal of high impact factor
Won various awards in paper presentation contest during BTech
Received DAAD scholarship to pursue internship in Germany
Organized various events during college festivals.

Post MBA plans:
Work in management/strategy consulting


Kindly evaluate my profile for ISB class of 2018. I have shortlisted some other colleges like Emory, Hass, Darden, Anderson, Tuck. Pls tell me what are the chances in these colleges and some practical colleges as well.



Look forward to hearing back
Thanks
Panbhl


Hi Panbhl

Very well suited for ISB. The only thing to do now is to go ahead and build a strong app. Clear career goals will be a critical part of this, as these are not always obvious for PSU candidates. Do your research well.

Not commenting on non-ISB options here as have commented on those in the other thread you posted on.

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more queries as needed.
_________________

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Kudos [?]: 642 [0], given: 20

Top Contributor
VP
VP
User avatar
S
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1347

Kudos [?]: 642 [0], given: 20

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: 1540 Q800 V740
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Aug 2016, 05:25
Top Contributor
rsgooga wrote:
Hi

I am an ISB aspirant for the class of 2018.

Kindly find my profile below and let me know
1. What are my chances?
2. Anything else which I should focus on and Improve?

X: 76% (State Board) Very good Percentage 102nd in whole state.
XII: 81.4% (Physics, chemistry, Biology)
2006 - 2010: BSc. agriculture (with scholarship) 7.62/10
2010 - 2012: M.Sc. Food Technology from CFTRI(one of the top scientific lab. of country) 3.0/3.0 (scholarship)
2013 - 2015: Campus placement in Japanese MNC
Worked in Japan for three years
2015 - 2016: Founded a company in India. Even had raised seed funding of 200K dollars from a known CEO of a Japanese company
But had to abandon and close it down due to health issue(slip disc problem in spine). On rest since May this year.

A bunch of other extracurriculars. (Scholarships, NCC Commandant, Volleyball State level)
Can speak Japanese well...

GMAT Scheduled next week: 700+ expected


Hi rsgooga

Please provide details of your work and your key responsibilities and achievements. From what you have provided, it seems to be something related to food technology, but we cannot be sure till you provide details.
_________________

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Kudos [?]: 642 [0], given: 20

Top Contributor
VP
VP
User avatar
S
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1347

Kudos [?]: 642 [0], given: 20

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: 1540 Q800 V740
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Aug 2016, 05:26
Top Contributor
sentamilselvan wrote:
Hi gmatclub,

Profile evaluation :
Work ex : 4 yrs in a navratna psu,india(2012-present),energy sector
Work nature : construction of thermal power plant (core technical)
BTech : civil Engg, 6.5 / 10 , NIT (2012 pass out)
XII : 91%
X : 93.5%
GMAT : 730
Extra curricular :
college : Vice President of fine arts society, volleyball team captain, organiser-techinal events-department symposium, Fresh water fish hobbist,tin whistle player, black letter calligraphy.
Target schools : ISB, insead,nus,judge business school,HEC Paris,Oxford said.

Evaluation and suggestions please !!


Hi sentamilselvan,

- Strong GMAT, good PSU and ops experience, nice ECA => You are very well set for ISB! Focus on building a strong app now.
- INSEAD may be a challenge, and look at perhaps adding Nanyang to your list.


Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more queries as needed.
_________________

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Kudos [?]: 642 [0], given: 20

Top Contributor
VP
VP
User avatar
S
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1347

Kudos [?]: 642 [0], given: 20

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: 1540 Q800 V740
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Aug 2016, 05:26
Top Contributor
mahendrasingh wrote:
Hi All,

This is my first post at this forum. Just have given my GMAT and wanted my profile to be evaluated.
Planning to apply for ISB after some improvement in GMAT score.

Profile-

X - 86
XII - 75
BE - 76

GMAT 680 (q 47 , V 35)
Work Ex-
3.5 years in IT industry across various domains like healthcare, Financials etc. Some experience at networking level
like configuring routers, switches and firewalls.
5.5 years in PSU, working in power sector. Areas of work include Erection , testing , performance guarantee testing of power plant, vendor evaluation, customer coordination, complete tendering cycle...etc...

Extra Curricular -
National level badminton player (Played in Inter PSU level for 2 years)
District level Athletics (at School level).
Worked with an NGO and currently train under privileged players.
Conducted Inter PSU badminton tournament (a national level tournament approved by BAI) and Company level tournaments (Covering various sister Units of my company across India).

Looking forward for valuable feedback from you guys.

Thanks
Mahendra


Hi Mahendra

- Your PSU experience really stands out. While we would encourage you to go for an increase in your GMAT score, even your current score could work very well if you build a strong application. You are on the higher side of the work experience spectrum, and candidates at that level of experience are anyway not evaluated as much based on GMAT scores. Your score is in the zone of consideration for ISB.
- Your ECA is excellent. That will certainly help you make a stronger case.
- Your career goals at this point are not clear. Having clear career goals and expressing convincingly the need for an MBA at this stage of your career will be critical to your candidature.
- Overall, we feel your efforts are better spent on the application than on a retake at this point.


Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more queries as needed.
_________________

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Kudos [?]: 642 [0], given: 20

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!   [#permalink] 29 Aug 2016, 05:26

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17  ...  64    Next  [ 1279 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.