Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 03:25 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 03:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [1]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 282 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB'22 (D)
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Thelionking1234 wrote:

Thank you once again for evaluating my profile. Surely I will get back to you with updated goals and detailed work experience once I get through the GMAT.

Perfect. Regarding the goals, don't "update" them because I told you so. Application writing is an introspective process that makes you think deeply about what you wish to achieve professionally. I gave you my thoughts. Use them to introspect further and find your calling :)

Hope that helps.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [1]
Send PM
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
Yeswanth770 wrote:
Hi team,

Can you please review my profile for ISB.

Profile:

GMAT score: Not yet attempted
X percentage: 90.25
XII percentage: 95.6
Other Qualification:PGDM(Finance)
Experience (1.4 Years )(2yrs as of 31st Mar 2021)
Currently working with Invesco as Data Management Admin II.In my role I have identified the issues in process and provided solutions and streamlined the process.Responsible for data integrity of indexes.

Extra curriculars:
1. Founder and Former President of Dhruva Finance Club
2.Former President of Dhruva Toastmasters Club
3.Started a Skillclub in the current company
4.Conducted Public Speaking workshops in various schools and colleges
Hobbies:Dancing

Achievements:
Fastest promotion and two certificate of Appreciations
Won debate competitions in the company
All India Best Management Student 2k19
All India Best UG student(2k15 and 2k16)
Aim: Aiming for a career in management consulting

Posted from my mobile device

Just wondering why you wish to do a second MBA so quickly on the heels of the first one?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: Cambridge '22
Send PM
Kudos
Hi,

I am primarily interested in applying to ISB Co 2022 and would like your invaluable advice as to how I can improve my profile to increase my chances of a shortlist.
I'm yet to start on my essays & applications, so the next 2 months is what I have.

Please help me with evaluations and further feedbacks -
a) On a scale of 1-10(Low-High), rating and chances of Interview call/conversion.
b) What could be done in the next 2 months to boost those chances? This might be on essays/storyboard or maybe on the profile.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My background is as follows:
Age 25, Indian Male with ~37 months of Exp as a Business Analyst across two $1B+ valued companies.
And almost 4 years of Work-ex aged 26 at the time of Class initiation. Hence standing at almost the Average WE of a general class at ISB.

GMAT - 730 (Q50, V39)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WORK EXPERIENCES: (All offices based in India, but 80% of my day-time to global clients/stakeholders and International spheres)

1. Currently employed as Senior Analyst with a leading AdTech company since Jan 2019 (~1.5 years before application), managing and leading the delivery for a Business pod in the whole APAC region that generated $2.5 Mn of Revenue and witnessed consistent growth in QoQ Margins for FY2019.
- Served some premier clients active in 15+ countries, across diverse industry verticals like OTT, E-commerce, Healthcare, EduTech, FinTech etc, some of which are now translated as Case studies/success models. Top-scaled in terms of growth for these clients, eventually helping the company maintain the #1 or #2 rank on Quarterly Marketing spends allocation from CMOs.
- High cross-functionality based role, involves skill-sets ranging from Analytics Consulting, Account Management, Product Business Analyst, and owning a bit of Strat & Ops(P&L).
- Proven results of scaling up App business models & solving tough KPI problems of the clients from diverse industries, as some of which have also been translated as Case studies, and hence a very solid understanding of Mobile Marketing/Programmatic Trading in AdTech as an industry.

2. Prior to this, I Was employed as a Business Analyst with the owning group of one of the most prominent Print Media brands of the world for almost 17 months soon after my UG.
I was part of the Retail division of the company's offshore Analytics center based out of Bangalore & worked on several projects spanning the Retail Demand Planning, Forecasting, Marketing & Ops Analytics for these popular brands, covering the whole of Supply Chain right from Paper projections allotment till the final Newstands delivery in USA & Canada.
Worked closely with Research and Marketing teams for consulting them with useful insights based on Statistical models.

3. Interned at TCS and a Research-based Internship under a Professor during College summers.

ACHIEVEMENTS AND CAREER PROGRESSIONS SO FAR AT WORK:
CURRENT ROLE-
Being the only member of my BU to be get promoted in FY2019.
Received an Annual Best Emerging team award.
In interim, filled in for leading the regional Delivery consisting of a team of 4. Introduced projects like Traders dashboard and training programme for the associates.
Rated and trusted as an SME of my Business cum Product line. Working closely with the Leadership in key decision makings, Projections and Strategies.

PREVIOUS ROLE-
Was bestowed with the Spot Award for outstanding contribution in Q1+Q2 for FY2018.
Was the only hire out of 200+ candidates for the Recruitment drive with 0-2 years of Work-ex, despite being a Fresher at that point of time.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDUCATION-
UG -
B.Tech in Electronics & Communication Engineering Co 2017 from a State Govt college ranked amongst Top 5 in the state. (Not much known at the national level though).
- Very Competitive admission through the State Entrance Exam securing a rank in the Top 3% of the takers.
- 66% GPA, Average position, Gold medalist being at 80%.
+ve is Highest marks awarded for the Final Year B.Tech Project in my Dept out of 60. Also featured in a Hindi national daily and recognized for brilliant innovation by the State Govt.
-ve is repeated an Engg Maths course in 1st year.

+2: 74% from CBSE
10th: 88% (A grades in most of the subjects) in ICSE

No gaps anywhere either during the education or the professional career.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ECA:
- Attended a weeklong Pre-MBA Bootcamp at FT's Top-ranked Business school in 2019 July. Cohorted with 70 young professionals represented by 23 nationalities, the Bootcamp gave an overview of how it's like to be part of an MBA class with lectures and cases from globally renowned Profs. Also undertook Industry visits to some dream companies and interacting with the Business Heads.
- NTSE State level qualifier (Top 10%), Olympiads School Gold medals, Intl Physics and Chemistry Olympiads Nationwide top 10% appreciation certificates.
- Singing: Performed multiple times on stage as Solo/Band with 500+ audience sizes. Participated in a Kids singing reality TV show.
- IIT Roorkee technical fest runners up in Project Presentation and a Quizzing event.
- Led the Sponsorships and Marketing team for the Regional tech-fest, gathering 120% increments in funds.
- Co-founded a Readers' club in College and scaled into a not-for-profit business model.
- Secretary for the oldest and most selective College council. Led a team of 45, responsible for the overall management and designing Literary and personality development event calendars.
- Partnered with a popular National coaching Insitute, and conceptualized a Career Guidance aimed Aptitude test for College students to help them with the right choice of career based on combinations of test inputs.
- Organized an IEEE regional conference and published my project results in the conference proceedings.

VOLUNTEERING:
- No Substantial Volunteering certificate from any recognized NGOs or Campaigns.
- Pro-Bono consulting and mentoring people on Career post 12th/Engg. Not well recorded!

LORs:
- Alums from ISB, INSEAD, IIM-A, IIM-B, IIM-Kozhikode, IIT KGP.
- Direct reporting managers, Heads, Directors, VP, some of with portfolios ranging from an Annual revenue scale of $5 Mn - $35 Mn.
- Moderate to Strong Recos.
- College Dept HOD (if reqd) very strong.

Why and What At ISB?
- More electives on Marketing, Operations, and Analytics in ISB MBA. Less inclined towards Finance as coursework.
- Want to experience the academic rigor of a B-school, brilliant case method of learning, interactions with best of the best business minds. Finishing in the Dean's list is a scholarly target with at least one publication based on my past practical experiences coupled with theoretical funda.

Post-MBA?
- Long term: Want to startup after 5 more years of Work Ex necessarily needing an exposure of more near to Leadership roles.
- Short term: //IN ORDER//
1) Strategy, Leadership Associates or GM roles in conglomerates.
2) Sales/Product Marketing in Product based fast-paced Tech companies.
3) E-Commerce: Product or Program Managers.
4) Management Consulting.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
MBADecoder wrote:
Yeswanth770 wrote:
Hi team,

Profile:

Currently working with Invesco as Data Management Admin II.In my role I have identified the issues in process and provided solutions and streamlined the process.Responsible for data integrity of indexes.

Extra curriculars:

Achievements:

Just wondering why you wish to do a second MBA so quickly on the heels of the first one?

It didn't help me to enter into the field I desire.Hence I wanted to do a second mba
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Yeswanth770

Before we go deeper into your profile, we'd like to hear your thoughts on why would you like to pursue PGP so soon after completing a PGDM? Where did you pass out from? What are your short term and long term goals?

Yeswanth770 wrote:
Hi team,

Profile:

Extra curriculars:

Achievements:

CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
san95mba wrote:
Hi,

I am primarily interested in applying to ISB Co 2022 and would like your invaluable advice as to how I can improve my profile to increase my chances of a shortlist.
I'm yet to start on my essays & applications, so the next 2 months is what I have.

a) On a scale of 1-10(Low-High), rating and chances of Interview call/conversion.
b) What could be done in the next 2 months to boost those chances? This might be on essays/storyboard or maybe on the profile.

My background is as follows:
Age 25, Indian Male with ~37 months of Exp as a Business Analyst across two $1B+ valued companies.
And almost 4 years of Work-ex aged 26 at the time of Class initiation. Hence standing at almost the Average WE of a general class at ISB.

GMAT - 730 (Q50, V39)

WORK EXPERIENCES: (All offices based in India, but 80% of my day-time to global clients/stakeholders and International spheres)

1. Currently employed as Senior Analyst with a leading AdTech company since Jan 2019 (~1.5 years before application), managing and leading the delivery for a Business pod in the whole APAC region that generated $2.5 Mn of Revenue and witnessed consistent growth in QoQ Margins for FY2019.
- Served some premier clients active in 15+ countries, across diverse industry verticals like OTT, E-commerce, Healthcare, EduTech, FinTech etc, some of which are now translated as Case studies/success models. Top-scaled in terms of growth for these clients, eventually helping the company maintain the #1 or #2 rank on Quarterly Marketing spends allocation from CMOs.
- High cross-functionality based role, involves skill-sets ranging from Analytics Consulting, Account Management, Product Business Analyst, and owning a bit of Strat & Ops(P&L).
- Proven results of scaling up App business models & solving tough KPI problems of the clients from diverse industries, as some of which have also been translated as Case studies, and hence a very solid understanding of Mobile Marketing/Programmatic Trading in AdTech as an industry.

2. Prior to this, I Was employed as a Business Analyst with the owning group of one of the most prominent Print Media brands of the world for almost 17 months soon after my UG.
I was part of the Retail division of the company's offshore Analytics center based out of Bangalore & worked on several projects spanning the Retail Demand Planning, Forecasting, Marketing & Ops Analytics for these popular brands, covering the whole of Supply Chain right from Paper projections allotment till the final Newstands delivery in USA & Canada.
Worked closely with Research and Marketing teams for consulting them with useful insights based on Statistical models.

3. Interned at TCS and a Research-based Internship under a Professor during College summers.

ACHIEVEMENTS AND CAREER PROGRESSIONS SO FAR AT WORK:
CURRENT ROLE-
Being the only member of my BU to be get promoted in FY2019.
Received an Annual Best Emerging team award.
In interim, filled in for leading the regional Delivery consisting of a team of 4. Introduced projects like Traders dashboard and training programme for the associates.
Rated and trusted as an SME of my Business cum Product line. Working closely with the Leadership in key decision makings, Projections and Strategies.

PREVIOUS ROLE-
Was bestowed with the Spot Award for outstanding contribution in Q1+Q2 for FY2018.
Was the only hire out of 200+ candidates for the Recruitment drive with 0-2 years of Work-ex, despite being a Fresher at that point of time.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDUCATION-
UG -
B.Tech in Electronics & Communication Engineering Co 2017 from a State Govt college ranked amongst Top 5 in the state. (Not much known at the national level though).
- Very Competitive admission through the State Entrance Exam securing a rank in the Top 3% of the takers.
- 66% GPA, Average position, Gold medalist being at 80%.
+ve is Highest marks awarded for the Final Year B.Tech Project in my Dept out of 60. Also featured in a Hindi national daily and recognized for brilliant innovation by the State Govt.
-ve is repeated an Engg Maths course in 1st year.

+2: 74% from CBSE
10th: 88% (A grades in most of the subjects) in ICSE

No gaps anywhere either during the education or the professional career.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ECA:
- Attended a weeklong Pre-MBA Bootcamp at FT's Top-ranked Business school in 2019 July. Cohorted with 70 young professionals represented by 23 nationalities, the Bootcamp gave an overview of how it's like to be part of an MBA class with lectures and cases from globally renowned Profs. Also undertook Industry visits to some dream companies and interacting with the Business Heads.
- NTSE State level qualifier (Top 10%), Olympiads School Gold medals, Intl Physics and Chemistry Olympiads Nationwide top 10% appreciation certificates.
- Singing: Performed multiple times on stage as Solo/Band with 500+ audience sizes. Participated in a Kids singing reality TV show.
- IIT Roorkee technical fest runners up in Project Presentation and a Quizzing event.
- Led the Sponsorships and Marketing team for the Regional tech-fest, gathering 120% increments in funds.
- Co-founded a Readers' club in College and scaled into a not-for-profit business model.
- Secretary for the oldest and most selective College council. Led a team of 45, responsible for the overall management and designing Literary and personality development event calendars.
- Partnered with a popular National coaching Insitute, and conceptualized a Career Guidance aimed Aptitude test for College students to help them with the right choice of career based on combinations of test inputs.
- Organized an IEEE regional conference and published my project results in the conference proceedings.

VOLUNTEERING:
- No Substantial Volunteering certificate from any recognized NGOs or Campaigns.
- Pro-Bono consulting and mentoring people on Career post 12th/Engg. Not well recorded!

LORs:
- Alums from ISB, INSEAD, IIM-A, IIM-B, IIM-Kozhikode, IIT KGP.
- Direct reporting managers, Heads, Directors, VP, some of with portfolios ranging from an Annual revenue scale of $5 Mn - $35 Mn.
- Moderate to Strong Recos.
- College Dept HOD (if reqd) very strong.

Why and What At ISB?
- More electives on Marketing, Operations, and Analytics in ISB MBA. Less inclined towards Finance as coursework.
- Want to experience the academic rigor of a B-school, brilliant case method of learning, interactions with best of the best business minds. Finishing in the Dean's list is a scholarly target with at least one publication based on my past practical experiences coupled with theoretical funda.

Post-MBA?
- Long term: Want to startup after 5 more years of Work Ex necessarily needing an exposure of more near to Leadership roles.

HI,
I dont think it right to rate your profile on a scale of 1-10. Reserve that decision for the adcoms. That said, I do see a lot of good things.

Your work experience is impressive. I see a lot of variety in terms of client industries, geographies and your cross-functional work experience- all commendable as it adds depth to your work experience. To that I will add your impactful work and achievements. Great work achieved in a short time period. As for your recommenders, you dont have to go on designations but get it from a senior who knows your profile best and has seen your work from close quarters for atleast 6 months. Moreover, ISB requires only one recommendation, so make the selection wisely. Among the goals you have suggested, options 2 and 3 sound more relevant to our work experience. I'd be happy to discuss these further with you to get more clarity. You can write to me at contact@mbadecoder.com

Your undergrad is average and being an unrecognized college will not help that much, but the GMAT score is good. DO point out your academic achievements in the application. The secondary school marks are average again, and I hope that your otherwise solid profile helps tide the average academic grades.

Regarding volunteering and ECAs - b-schools don't ask for certificates, but they do want to know what you ECAs you did and what impact did you have through them. The Pre-MBA boot camp sounds like an eye-opening experience and can form the basis of why MBA question.
MBA Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 1036 [0]
Given Kudos: 63
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
Expert Reply
san95mba wrote:
Hi,

Why and What At ISB?

Post-MBA?

Hi san95mba,
Wow! That's a very detailed view of the profile. Kudos for that!

1) Let's not give a number but with this profile you do have a more than fair chance at getting an interview call. The GMAT score is great, you've made a great deal of impact in both your roles, especially the current one. Working closely with the leadership early on in your career does help you widen your perspective and increases your ability to work at both 60k and 60 feet levels! Working across a number of clients, industries, etc. would've added to your overall exposure.
While your acads are average, your work-ex and extra-curricular make up for it.
While LoRs are great, they won't be of much use for the ISB application.

2) In the next two months, you must focus on getting a well structured application in place. A number of times, even better profiles don't make the cut because the traits don't come out well, examples are not well articulated and more importantly, goals are not clear.

Regarding your goals, you've mentioned you need exposure to more leadership roles in the very short-term and at the same time your first preference is GM/leadership programmes. In general, you get exposure to 2-3 divisions in a large business in such programmes and majorly, you learn by working more (1-3 years) with the middle management and in a few cases with the top management. However, it's more a 'doer' set of roles to give you a holistic exposure.
Having worked in a similar role right after ISB, I feel sales/product marketing or an e-comm role would equip you better to start-up within 5 years post ISB. The sales/marketing role would be a good extension to your current skill-set.

Hope this helps. Feel free to reach out for further queries.

Cheers,
Manan
Co-founder, S4G | ISB Class of 2013
MBA Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 1036 [0]
Given Kudos: 63
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
Expert Reply
ShaliniShalini wrote:
Please evaluate my profile. Details as follows:

Nationality: Indian Female
Academics: Xth - 82% | XIIth - 75% | UG - 75%
Undergrad Information: B.A. (Hons.) Psychology - University of Delhi
GMAT: 710
Work experience and leadership: Total 05 years of relevant professional experience. Details as follows:
1. VP Sales for an Edtech Startup [~1.5 years]
2. Worked as a Consultant at a Management Firm [2years]
3. Worked as a Strategic Account Manager for Zomato; handled large enterprise clients [2 years]
Community and others:
1. Started my own venture into healthcare space during the pandemic to help individuals who do not have adequate access to healthcare facilities [been 5 months]
2. Mentor at Policy Think Tank (Government of India Initiative) - mentoring school students into product development and entrepreneurship
3. Squash player

Thanks in advance!

Hi ShaliniShalini,

You have a lot going for you across your work experience, GMAT and extra-curricular. Even you UG scores are pretty good considering DU isn't very liberal especially with streams such as Psychology. The healthcare venture is not only a great addition to your repertoire but also a noble initiative in such unprecedented times. Kudos for that!
Overall, you stand a strong chance at getting an interview call if you are able to structure your essays well and have clear & realistic goals, which I couldnt get a sense of from what you shared.

All the best!
-
Manan

PS There's a dedicated profile evaluation thread (link below) where you can get a good perspective on other profiles and evaluation by the admission experts.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/profile-eval ... -3660.html
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 127 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: IIMB EPGP"18
Send PM
Hi Sahilaro,

You have a strong profile and a good GMAT score. Focus on building a stellar application and an impressive SOP and ensure that you differentiate yourself from other applicants and you should be good to go.

If you need help in your application, feel free to PM me.

Regards,
Tridisha

sahilaro23 wrote:
Hi,
Please help me evaluate my profile for ISB.

Indian, Male, Mechanical Engineer'16 (VIT University)
GPA: 3.3/4 or 8.2/10
GMAT : 720

PROFILE SUMMARY
• Experienced associate in Product / Brand Management, skilled in Business Intelligence and Strategy planning.
• Experienced in driving new launches in FMCG/FMCD industries
• Possess ability to develop, plan, coordinate and contribute in diverse marketing activities and providing insights to improve the product offering

WORK EXPERIENCE

1. 1.5 Year, Product Manager, Godrej (Present)
• Led pan India new launches for Godrej Electronic locks, Door accessories, Furniture fittings & Glass hardware.
• Led end to end new product development (including market study, ideation, price progression, packaging, test market launch and scaled launch) for Godrej’s newly launched Towerbolts, in door accessories.
• Conceptualized & standardised NPI launch process, leading to incremental distribution expansion of new products by ~25%, pan India and achieving YTD ABP sales by 124% for Electronic locks.
• Extracted and analysed market insights by frequent market visits (all regions) and incorporated learning for expansion of glass hardware portfolio.
• Benchmarked competition activities for all 4 categories on monthly basis and taken corrective actions - including trade schemes, price progression, product gap.

2. 2.5 Year, Marketing Coordinator (Brand Management), SC Johnson Products Pvt Ltd. (US Based MNC)
• Managed end-to-end product life cycle management for 3 globally renowned brands – Kiwi, Glade and Mr Muscle
• Drove business metrics and built pricing strategies
• Extensively examined and analysed data to publish monthly reports including heat maps/ deep dives, basis AC Nielsen, providing business insights and identifying growth opportunities across brands.
• Worked closely with customer marketing for GTM planning and BTL assets development and execution
• Executed innovative campaigns to build/grow category, in collaboration with cross-functions
• Vendor management - managed 15 vendors (Global and Local)
• Managed and led (India execution) the launch of Glade HIF, Kiwi Shoe Shampoo and Mr Muscle Kitchen Cleaner - key growth driver for FY19

Achievements:
• Recognized and awarded for speedy execution of GST price drop project with 150%+ efficiency
• Recognized by Finance and Marketing Director, SCJ India, for on-time delivery of launch of Glade HIF project
• Top performance rating for 2 consecutive years

EXTRA CURICULLAR
1. Head of Media and Marketing | Rowing Canyon
Managed the media and marketing department of Rowing Canyon, a registered NGO, which focused on teaching and grooming underprivileged kids, using Info-Graphics.
2.Event Manager | graVITas’15 (VIT University)
Head of Sponsorship division of GraVITas’15, VIT University’s national tech-fest., and led a team of 8 members. With collective team effort, we managed to achieve a sponsorship sum of INR 20 lac.
3. Freelance Photographer
Worked at Gointhecity, a historical tour agency, in association with Bookmyshow, to host city tours. Taught basic & intermediate photography techniques to participants. Also, won photography content at Saarang’14, IIT Chennai, under top 10 category (among 7000 participants)

Thanks For your Help! :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi chagantiratnakar

Your profile stands out both in terms of work experience and extracurriculars. Please find answers in line below:

1. Is there a good chance for my application in ISB? With a good GMAT and a well-written application, we don't see any reason why you should not have a chance.
2. Does work experience in aerospace or PSU background considered for diversity? Yes it definitely adds to diversity.
3. How hard it would be to change the domain after MBA? ISB is a great platform to re-focus your career. Yes, you can definitely change your domain. To achieve that, you must work actively towards building your profile accordingly while you are at ISB.
4. How much does the profile gap impact my application? How to lessen its impact on the overall application? Yes, it does have an impact. Having said that, it is not that students with gap years do not get admission. It is acceptable to have a reasonable gap and you can explain the gap in the essays.

chagantiratnakar wrote:
I am at present preparing for GMAT. Kindly review my profile and provide the chances of my application for ISB.
Profile:

Name: C Ratnakar
GMAT score: Not yet given. Aiming for 680-720.
X percentage: 90. XII percentage: 93
Degree: B.Tech from NIT Durgapur with 8.06 CGPA.

Experience:
Currently working in Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (Defence PSU) as Design engineer since 2.5 years. Working on the integration of systems on military Helicopters.
Before this worked for One year in the telecom sector (Reliance Jio) as Assistant Manager.

Profile gap: 2.5 years for GATE preparation and 1 year for IIT JEE.

Achievements: Secured rank of 286 in GATE 2017 in the ECE branch which is 99.7 percentile.

Extracurriculars:
1. Volunteered for Lok sabha elections in 2019 as the presiding officer (Head of a polling booth).
2. Performed a stage drama in HAL on the topic of Leadership.
3. Built a drone as a side project in HAL.
4. Participated and won in various robotic, drone competitions in college.

Interests and Hobbies:
1. Defense and Aviation enthusiast
2. Reading Novels
3. Cooking

Aim: work in Tech/ consultancy profile

Questions:
1. Is there a good chance for my application in ISB?
2. Does work experience in aerospace or PSU background considered for diversity?
3. How hard it would be to change the domain after MBA?
4. How much does the profile gap impact my application? How to lessen its impact on the overall application?

Regards,
C.Ratnakar
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Hey,

Please evaluate my profile for ISB:

GMAT Score: 710 [Quant:50 , Verbal:36, I.R.:8 , AWA:5]

Educational Qualifications:

Graduation: Completed B.E in Chemical from Pune University in 2015 with 72%.
12th: 80% Science Stream.
10th: 89%.

Work Experience:
Working as Oil and Gas Consultant in Honeywell Automation India Limited since 4 Years and 11 Months.

Completed various international and domestic Projects as Engineer also lead a team on the projects.

Extra-Curricular:
Active participation in company CSR activities as Volunteer.
Student Secretary of IIChe Pune Chapter
Treasurer of IIChe Pune Chapter
Best Outgoing student of the chemical engineering department for 2012 to 2015

It would be nice if I get an insight on my profile and the areas for improvement and I am planning to apply for 21-22 batch.

Thanks
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
SaurbahThakur wrote:
Hey,

Please evaluate my profile for ISB:

GMAT Score: 710 [Quant:50 , Verbal:36, I.R.:8 , AWA:5]

Graduation: Completed B.E in Chemical from Pune University in 2015 with 72%.
12th: 80% Science Stream.
10th: 89%.

Work Experience:
Working as Oil and Gas Consultant in Honeywell Automation India Limited since 4 Years and 11 Months.

Completed various international and domestic Projects as Engineer also lead a team on the projects.

Extra-Curricular:
Active participation in company CSR activities as Volunteer.
Student Secretary of IIChe Pune Chapter
Treasurer of IIChe Pune Chapter
Best Outgoing student of the chemical engineering department for 2012 to 2015

It would be nice if I get an insight on my profile and the areas for improvement and I am planning to apply for 21-22 batch.

Thanks

Hi Saurabh,

You've got a decent profile. I am missing the details of your work experience- exactly what you do, what are your achievements at work etc. so it will be difficult to give a detailed analysis. That said, you acads look ok. I will assume that your work at Honeywell has been noteworthy and having experience in the oil and gas domain will help in building strong applications.

Again, it would be important to get into the details of what you do in your volunteering endeavors. Do add more details about your profile. You can also share your resume with me at contact@mbadecoder.com
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: ISB '21
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Send PM
Hi folks,

Can you please evaluate my profile.

I am applying this year in Round 1.

24-year-old female Indian applicant

GMAT score: 760

Education
07/2018
Bachelor of Technology: Electrical And Electronics Engineering
Banasthali University - Rajasthan
• Graduated with a 4.0 GPA Top 1%.

03/2014
Senior Secondary Certificate Examination: Indian School Certificate
St. Conrad's Inter College - Agra
With an overall score of 88.25% - Top- 2%

05/2012
Higher Secondary Certificate Examination: The Indian Certificate of Secondary Education
With an overall score of 87.5% - Top 5%

Professional Experience
HSBC Software Development India Pvt. Ltd July 2018 - to date

Associate Business Analyst, Hyderabad Branch (Channels Department) May 2019 - to date
Countries Supported – Canada, USA, UK, Poland, France
• Support staff front end consultancy and resolve all the queries raised by Region Managers of 44 Countries currently using our staff front end system.
• Analyzed and supported the migration of 500+ applications from the old bank system to the new staff frond-end system within 2 years. More than 50+ applications were migrated as “Zero defect” projects.
• Worked closely with Bank managers and businesses in understanding customer requirements and improvement areas. Designed and developed robust solutions to meet customer requirements for functionality, scalability, and performance.
• Regular interaction with contact center agents to understand the application journeys and find glitches and fix those glitches.
• Transformed old applications from traditional to agile methodologies.
• Nominated as the young talent to participate in EXCo offsite visits. The last EXCo visit was held on Feb 20, where CIOs from 15 countries participated and discussed the “New Ways of Working”. I was the youngest member of the panel and presented LAAC “Learning as a Culture” idea to be implemented in Channels Department.
• Awarded for implementing customer need applications. Because of which HSBC was nominated as HSBC was voted “Bank of the Year for Financial Inclusion” by the industry publication The Banker in November 2019.

Software Engineer – Sales and Distribution Department
Sept 2018 – May 2019
Countries Supported – China, UK
• Mentored and led a team of 3 engineers to develop payment functionality and migrate it to a new cloud system.
• Worked with China IT team to migrate Insurance project to 17 other countries. And later on, took the code from China and became the product owner supporting the application and incidents raised by Region Managers.

Software Engineer Trainee – Sales and Distribution Department July 2018 - Sept 2018
Countries Supported – China
Implemented a confluence page and an online directory with all the resources which are required by new joiners and women returning to the office after maternity leave, to brief them about the ongoing projects, latest technologies, and standards followed in HSBC.
Worked with the China team to implement standard life cover insurance products for the UK branch.

Achievements
• Received the HSBC ‘Star Performer’ Award, ‘Pat on the Back’ Award.
• Accredited by the Bharat Electronics Limited for presenting a paper on "Hand Gesture Recognition with an egocentric viewpoint of Sign Language using Animatronics hand” - a prototype system that helps to recognize hand gesture to communicate effectively with the special people.
• Professionally trained in drawing, painting, and sketching by Lalit Kala Association, India.
• Won 16 awards in intercollege fests. Worked as a core member of the “Corona-Science Club” with the student council for organizing technical events, seminars, and annual fests.
• Have won 54 awards for music, debating, drawing, collage making, and calligraphy in school.
• Represented India in the 8th SAARC Youth festival competition held in Kolkata and won 1st prize in drawing competition.
• 1st Prize winner in Dramatics, Collage Making, -CELESTA, an international fest (including countries like 
Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka) organized by CMS, Lucknow (1 out of 1500+ students) 2012.
• Runner up in ‘Legal Enigma- Moot Court’ organized by Mayukh (4 out of 78 students) 2017.
• active member of an NGO-‘Sankalp’ working on improving the education system followed in govt schools.
• Member of the Entrepreneurship Development Cell-NAV JYOTI’ at Banasthali University.

short-term goal: To take up a Management Consulting role with a leading management consulting firm.

Long-term goal: To grow with the firm and eventually partner with the consulting firm.

Vision: To add value to a range of firms by providing effective consulting solutions, adding value to the company, stakeholders, and end-users.

Additional Information
• Discipline Captain, St. Conrad’s Inter College, Agra (APRIL 2013 – APRIL 2014)- Spearheaded the 64 volunteers to implement the rules and maintain decorum in the school.
• English Club President, St. Conrad’s Inter College, Agra (APRIL 2013 – APRIL 2014 )- Fulfilled the responsibilities associated with the club’s chief executive officer role. Helped the members to establish a climate of enthusiasm, openness, and concern.
• Amateur basketball player and obsessive Wikipedia reader.
• Working paper on “Hiring differently-abled makes business sense” with Garvishtha Arya, student of - Algonquin College of Applied Arts and Technology, Canada.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: Finance, Finance
Schools: ISB'22 (D)
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35 (Online)
GPA: 3
Send PM
Hi, posting my profile again based on prior feedback to provide more details and with an updated gmat score.

GMAT 1: 680 [Q47, V36]
GMAT 2: 710 [Q50, V35]

Graduation: BE in Computer Science from Chitkara University 2013-2017 with 7.15 CGPA.
H.S.C: secured 87% from Science stream from CBSE in 2013.
S.S.C: secured 9.2 CGPA from CBSE in 2011.

Work Experience:
Completing 3 years with IT MNC in November 2020.
Joined as software analyst/engineer, received two promotions till now
current position: Associate Consultant
My everyday job is to collaborate with our ecommerce client's marketing team in the US and code the jpeg design that we get from them for the day-to-day updates to their website and email marketing campaigns.

Extra Curricular:
Worked as part of the marketing team during college fests.
Active participation in quiz competitions and sports events in College.
Blogging- My match previews/analysis and other articles have been published on a sports website Ranked 100-150 in India by Alexa, With a monthly average readership of over 30 million.

Goals: My whole purpose of pursuing an MBA is to switch to finance and work in financial markets.
Long term career goal: Financial Analyst -> Hedge Fund Manager or any similar role as long as its in financial markets it works for me.

Extra info- Planning to take up financial certifications from udemy and national stock exchange to add to my resume before applying in R1
Not interested in any other MBA field.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
Kindly review my profile and provide your valuable suggestions -

Profile Summary - 30 year old Indian working as an Senior Consultant in Big Four; GMAT: 710. As my GMATPrep scores were higher than than my actual GMAT score, planning to retake the exam in the next 15-20 days.

Education (Provided Chronologically)
1.) 10th Standard - 93% CBSE (Gold Medalist)
2.) 12h Standard - 84% CBSE
3.) B.Tech. from an Punjab University with 81.80% - Mechanical Engineering (Gold medalist)
4.) PG Diploma in Finance - IMT Ghaziabad with 8.37 CGPA

Work-Ex
1.) Post B.Tech. worked with a manufacturing firm as Deputy Manager maintenance for 1 year
2.) Have been working with one of the Big fours for the last 4.5 years post PGDM, as Senior Consultant
-As a SC in consulting firm, have been assisting clients in Valuations and Mergers & Acquisitions. Handling a team of 15 consultants.
-Have worked on a couple of international projects with good international exposure (have worked directly with client for valuation concerning the biggest oil and gas IPO)

Positions of responsibility -
1.) Have been leading Telecom & Media industry Valuations for the valuation team in India
2.) Have been leading the operational arm for development of tool that differentiates the firm as a valuation leader in market; helps identify valuation business opportunities in challenging times like these (Covid-19)
3.) Was the class representative during B.tech

Post-MBA Goals
I am strong believer in growing by learning. Post MBA, I want to join a top management consulting firm such as McKinsey, BCG or Bain to learn and make impact on diverse portfolio of client engagements. In the long-run, I will work my way up to become a Partner, while building knowledge and relationships that transcend borders/companies and ultimately help grow the firm, future generations and me.

Why 2nd MBA?
Although, doing an MBA from top tier institute institute helped get me where i am today, my experience in the consulting world has helped me realize that to grow your brand equity, one must be connected to global educational brands. In addition, i believe that my second MBA stint would provide me opportunities to connect and work with a mature and diverse peer group, which will equip me with skills that would make me a better people's leader.

Extra-Curricular -
1.) Believe in "Health is Wealth" Mantra. An avid runner and sports enthusiast. I play Lawn tennis, Badminton and Squash almost daily.
2.) A huge huge Formula 1 fan (Ferrari of-course! :))
3.) A decent Sketch artist.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Zaw2511 wrote:
Hi folks,

Education
07/2018

03/2014

05/2012
Higher Secondary Certificate Examination: The Indian Certificate of Secondary Education

Professional Experience

Associate Business Analyst, Hyderabad Branch (Channels Department) May 2019 - to date
• Support staff front end consultancy and resolve all the queries raised by Region Managers of 44 Countries currently using our staff front end system.
• Analyzed and supported the migration of 500+ applications from the old bank system to the new staff frond-end system within 2 years. More than 50+ applications were migrated as “Zero defect” projects.
• Worked closely with Bank managers and businesses in understanding customer requirements and improvement areas. Designed and developed robust solutions to meet customer requirements for functionality, scalability, and performance.
• Regular interaction with contact center agents to understand the application journeys and find glitches and fix those glitches.
• Nominated as the young talent to participate in EXCo offsite visits. The last EXCo visit was held on Feb 20, where CIOs from 15 countries participated and discussed the “New Ways of Working”. I was the youngest member of the panel and presented LAAC “Learning as a Culture” idea to be implemented in Channels Department.
• Awarded for implementing customer need applications. Because of which HSBC was nominated as HSBC was voted “Bank of the Year for Financial Inclusion” by the industry publication The Banker in November 2019.

Sept 2018 – May 2019
• Mentored and led a team of 3 engineers to develop payment functionality and migrate it to a new cloud system.
• Worked with China IT team to migrate Insurance project to 17 other countries. And later on, took the code from China and became the product owner supporting the application and incidents raised by Region Managers.

Software Engineer Trainee – Sales and Distribution Department July 2018 - Sept 2018
Implemented a confluence page and an online directory with all the resources which are required by new joiners and women returning to the office after maternity leave, to brief them about the ongoing projects, latest technologies, and standards followed in HSBC.
Worked with the China team to implement standard life cover insurance products for the UK branch.

Achievements
• Accredited by the Bharat Electronics Limited for presenting a paper on "Hand Gesture Recognition with an egocentric viewpoint of Sign Language using Animatronics hand” - a prototype system that helps to recognize hand gesture to communicate effectively with the special people.
• Professionally trained in drawing, painting, and sketching by Lalit Kala Association, India.
• Won 16 awards in intercollege fests. Worked as a core member of the “Corona-Science Club” with the student council for organizing technical events, seminars, and annual fests.
• Have won 54 awards for music, debating, drawing, collage making, and calligraphy in school.
• Represented India in the 8th SAARC Youth festival competition held in Kolkata and won 1st prize in drawing competition.
• 1st Prize winner in Dramatics, Collage Making, -CELESTA, an international fest (including countries like 
Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka) organized by CMS, Lucknow (1 out of 1500+ students) 2012.
• Runner up in ‘Legal Enigma- Moot Court’ organized by Mayukh (4 out of 78 students) 2017.
• active member of an NGO-‘Sankalp’ working on improving the education system followed in govt schools.
• Member of the Entrepreneurship Development Cell-NAV JYOTI’ at Banasthali University.

short-term goal: To take up a Management Consulting role with a leading management consulting firm.

Long-term goal: To grow with the firm and eventually partner with the consulting firm.

Vision: To add value to a range of firms by providing effective consulting solutions, adding value to the company, stakeholders, and end-users.

Additional Information
• Discipline Captain, St. Conrad’s Inter College, Agra (APRIL 2013 – APRIL 2014)- Spearheaded the 64 volunteers to implement the rules and maintain decorum in the school.
• English Club President, St. Conrad’s Inter College, Agra (APRIL 2013 – APRIL 2014 )- Fulfilled the responsibilities associated with the club’s chief executive officer role. Helped the members to establish a climate of enthusiasm, openness, and concern.
• Working paper on “Hiring differently-abled makes business sense” with Garvishtha Arya, student of - Algonquin College of Applied Arts and Technology, Canada.

Hello Zaw2511,
You have a lot of good things going for you, especially your GMAT score and other accomplishments. Also, think of highlighting your contribution to the community through Sankalp.
An important thing you should keep in mind is to highlight your achievements in your professional space, than giving your job description. Talk about the examples wherein you created impact and demonstrated leadership and do not forget to quantify them. Your role as an IT professional puts you in an over-represented pool, but you can talk about your achievements and impact to mitigate it.
Also, you can talk about your motivation for your ST goals, and, if possible, give more details. For example, is there any particular industry you would like to work in, etc. In all, you have a competitive profile if you position it correctly.
Hope this helps.

Originally posted by RUCHIPCONSULTING on 16 Jul 2020, 03:07.
Last edited by RUCHIPCONSULTING on 16 Jul 2020, 03:24, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
RUCHIPCONSULTING wrote:
Zaw2511 wrote:
Hi folks,

Education
07/2018

03/2014

05/2012

Professional Experience

Sept 2018 – May 2019

Achievements

Additional Information

Hello Zaw2511,
You have a lot of good things going for you, especially your GMAT score and other accomplishments. Also, think of highlighting your contribution to the community through Sankalp.
An important thing you should keep in mind is to highlight your achievements in your professional space, than giving your job description. Talk about the examples you created impact and demonstrated leadership and do not forgive to quantify them. Your role as an IT professional puts you in an over-represented pool, but you can talk about your achievements and impact to mitigate it.
Also, you can talk about your motivation for your ST goals, and, if possible, give more details. For example, is there any particular industry you would like to work in, etc. In all, you have a competitive profile if you position it correctly.
Hope this helps.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  182   183   184   185   186  ...  307