Summer is Coming! Join the Game of Timers Competition to Win Epic Prizes. Registration is Open. Game starts Mon July 1st.

It is currently 20 Jul 2019, 11:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile Evaluation for London Business School

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Profile Evaluation for London Business School  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Dec 2018, 23:40
Dear mbaMission,

Could you help evaluate my application and share your advice.

Female, 25 years old.
Study undergraduate in Vietnam (3.6/4.0 GPA) and Master degree in the UK.
GMAT: 670 (Q46-V39)
Working experience:
2 years in the Leadership Program of Unilever Vietnam.
6 months in the Assistant to Managing Director of a big local food manufacturing firm in Vietnam (annual revenue of $100M)
Social community:
More than 5 years as the Vice President of the biggest studying abroad forum of Vietnam and many other activities.
School apply: MBA London Business School.
Some other extra information:
My husband is currently working in London
My sister is an alum of LBS MBA.

My concern is that the local firm is my family business in which my mother is the Chairman. Therefore, should I use the Rec Letter from my current company or should I ask for LOR from one of my client in Japan/Hong Kong?
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
B
Re: Profile Evaluation for London Business School  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Dec 2018, 22:33
Hi and thanks for your post.

LBS will look at your profile holistically, analyzing your stats (GPA/GMAT), work experience & goals, and extracurriculars.
Your undergraduate degree is certainly strong at 3.6, and it is nice to see you have a Masters degree as well. Your GMAT score is good too, though a bit below average. It will be important to demonstrate in the rest of your application that you do in fact have the quantitative ability to succeed at LBS, so make sure that comes across in your resume, recommendation letters, and essay.

Your work experience looks good, and it's important to show you have been a leader in your roles. The average years of work experience is closer to 5 years though, so you'll have to discuss why you need the MBA now as opposed to waiting another year or two. You will also need to show that you have clear and realistic goals, based on your experiences, and that LBS will help you achieve them.

Your extracurricular activity is impressive; being a Vice President definitely shows leadership potential.

And to answer your last question, you should seek a recommendation from your prior company or a current client.

Good luck!

Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php
Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insider's Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: ISB '21
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.2
Re: Profile Evaluation for London Business School  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jul 2019, 07:33
Hi Coach,

I want to understand my profile evaluation for application to LBS for the class of 2020.

Academics:
Class 10 , St. Columba's School New Delhi: 10 CGPA
Class 12 (CBSE) , St. Columba's School New Delhi : 92%
Undergraduate, Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology , Instrumentation and Control: 71% (8 CGPA)

Work Experience
Analyst, The Boston Consulting Group. (2Y)
-Have worked with global clients primarily in Logistics/Operations and People Management. Have worked onsite primarily in Asian Markets (Singapore, Thailand), European Markets (Germany) and Middle East (Saudi Arabia and UAE).
-One of the earliest member and contributor of BCG Turn's Zero Based Budgeting team. Raised ~100Mn USD overall
-Part of pilot Junior Analyst hiring by BCG run, one of 3 fast-track promotions out of a cohort of over 10. Winner of various Client Impact and Internal Impact awards at BCG.
-Also part of BCG Shark tank project, where we built a framework combining analytics with clean energy to enable BCG to get proposal conversions for 3 clients worth $30Mn net.
-Currently overseeing 5 people in temporary leadership capacity.

Multiple internships in analytics domain during under graduation

Extracurricular
Chief Strategy Consultant, The Shashi Foundation
-Leading the corporate strategy outreach team for the Non Profit Organisation
-Successful in getting CSR MOUs for 3 corporations in 2019 with projects impacting ~2000 people and funds worth ~5 Lakh
-Devised strategy for 10 village rollout plan for Project Padhao in villages across NCR and Haryana

Marketing Director, ENACTUS NSIT
-Creation of multi-channel marketing strategy for a global social entrepreneurship student body.

Awards and Recognition
~5 BCG awards in individual capacity
~3 BCG awards in team capacity
~Winner of 3 Undergraduate Case study Competitions

Let me know what else is required from your side.

Looking for your guidance!
Thanks,
Ayush

Profile Evaluation for London Business School

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: mbaMissionKate