GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Oct 2018, 19:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile Evaluation HEC Paris - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 2.58
Re: Profile Evaluation HEC Paris - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Jan 2018, 03:49
Nationality- Indian
Gender- Male
Undergrad- Engineering from IIT
Grad GPA: 2.4/4
GMAT- 700 (Q-50, V-34, IR-6)

Work Exp : 6.5 yrs as of now
1. Have worked in 4 different industries with roles varying from Operations, Project Management, Business Strategies, Venture Launch.
2. Have got 4 role up-gradations in last 6.5 yrs, with all 4 of my organizations.
3. As a part of International work experience, Worked closely with Siemens VAI (Austria team) for a duration of approx. 10 months, on a $40 million project. Worked on successful commissioning and launch of project. Later worked on designing and implementing the operations for the Project
4. Have worked as EA to CXO level in an organisation with yearly turnover of $2.5 Billion, directly monitoring the business size of approx. $0.6 billion.
5. Have almost 2.5 yrs of work ex with 2 startups, both in different market segment.
6. First Startup (secured series B of $10 million): launched the business in a City and was responsible for expansion and PnL of that city. Later launched a business vertical for same startup, worked from scratch on doing pilot projects, designing the sustainable business model, setting up the complete Operations, Sales team. Later launched the business in 5 different cities, and later left the startup, when we were clocking approx. 1000 transactions per day. As of now this business has grown to approx. 10K transactions per day, with positive unit economics.
7. Second Startup (secured Series C of $34 million): Worked with multiple functions, to improve Supply Partner NPS. Launch loyalty program for company. Majorly look into the various problem statements company is facing and work on resolving them, with fast pace.

Volunteer Experience:
1. Worked with an NGO and taught kids in Orphanage for approx. 6 months (Though do not have any document to prove the same).

Extra Curricular:
1. Conceptualized, scripted and acted in a comedy play in College.
2. During college Lead a team of five and completed Kedartaal Trek (5 day trek at height of 10055 feet) (comes under moderately difficult category).
3. Was a part of Hockey team and won 3 silver medal in Intra College hockey tournaments.
4. Certified Rock climber (completed Basic rock climbing course) (rigorous 15 full day course, followed by practical and theoretical tests)

Post MBA Aim: considering that already been worked in 4 different industry and going by my interest in solving various problem statements, looking to move in Consultancy.

Also would like to know all probable schools, considering my profile and GMAT score, where I should apply.

TIA
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V41
GPA: 4
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Reviews Badge
Re: Profile Evaluation HEC Paris - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2018, 13:15
Hi all,

My profile is as under:

Background and nationality - Indian female, 29
Undergrad Information - BA (Economics) Hons from Delhi University (1st Division); PGDM (Marketing & HR)
(1st division with distinction)
GMAT: 710 (Q-48 V-41 AWA-6 IR-8)
Work experience - Total:6. 1 year as Associate Consultant at Infosys Technologies Limited (trained in 2 ERP software packages), was team leader. Then joined a government company (PSU) and have been here for 5 yrs. Work in Mergers and Acquisitions. Key role in acquisition of a coal mine in Mozambique. Involved in business development of the mine as well as issues related to funding & tenders.

Community and others -
1. Volunteered with a big CSR organisation (cannot mention name). Worked in Dalit & Naxal infected areas. Taught in schools and helped with medical supplies. Motivated villagers to send girl children to school too.
2. A Dancer at heart. Trained in Shiamak Dawar's classes. Performed onstage.
3. Travelled to around 14 countries.. mainly those whose history excite me.

Post MBA goals
1. Plans to get into consulting with a thrust on Consulting for big Mining Companies such as Rio Tinto, Anglo-American etc.
2. Eventually want to return to India to reform the mining sector here which is characterised by un-economic methods which lead to a negative economical and social impact.

Please provide some insights! :) :)
ARLee Consulting
S
Affiliations: Samsung Electronics HR Head | INSEAD Admissions Interviewer
INSEAD: MBA 11D
Concentration: Human Resources, Strategy
Profile Evaluation HEC Paris - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2018, 17:51
Hi dreams101,

thank you for sharing your profile.

You definitely have good chances to get admitted to HEC Paris.

Your GMAT score is 20 points above the school's average and both Q and V are above 60% as HEC Paris recommends.

Your extra curricular/professional activities are also quite strong, although it would be very helpful to know the dates.

Your career goals seem to be very clear and justify the need for an MBA.

In order to do a more complete assessment though, it would be really helpful to have more detail on your work experience, especially your main accomplishments and cases where you have exhibited leadership and teamwork.

Good luck!
Alex

Alex Ruiz Lee, INSEAD MBA'11D & Admissions Interviewer
ARLee Consulting - Founder and Managing Director
MBA Admissions & Career Coach
HR Executive Director

Mobile: +52 1 55 2702 0059
Email: alex@arleeconsulting.com | alex@ruizlee.es
Web: http://www.ARLeeConsulting.com
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/alexruizlee/

Please, email us your CV for a free evaluation of your candidacy

Intern
Intern
B
Profile Evaluation HEC Paris - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2018, 06:54
Hi everybody,
Nationality: Cameroonian
GMAT: 680 Q44 V39 IR 4(I'm really not proud especially IR)
GPA would be around B/B+ (14/20 average in french system) Bachelor in Economics and Management(Class of 2017)
I'm applying for the Master in Management at HEC
Work Experience: 4 Months of internship in two banks(One is part of the BPCE Group in France and the other is the Central Bank of Cameroon-same purpose as the Federal Banks in the US)
International Experience: Exchange Program in Econs and Management at Dickinson College: GPA (3.3)
-Class representative
-Vice-president of an association(Modelling)
-Member of 3 other associations( Communication and advertising and Bank association, Red Cross)
-Member of a junior business
I was really expecting a higher score on the GMAT but then time got me. Is my profile good enough for HEC?
ARLee Consulting
S

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2018, 09:48
Hi HarryAxel,

thank you for sharing your profile. I think you have a shot at HEC's MiM program.

Your 680 GMAT score is about 20 points lower than the school's average, however:

(1) You come from an under-represented background (only 5% Africans in last intake)

(2) You already have internship experience in large banks

(3) You have some international experience (exchange program at Dickinson College)

(4) Your extra-curriculars are quite strong

Just make sure you put together a strong application and articulate very clearly your motivation for HEC's MiM.

I hope this helps.

Good luck!
Alex

HR Executive Director

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 21 Mar 2018, 22:46
Hi!
Background and nationality: Female 20, Taiwanese.
Undergrad Information: US Top 20 university, GPA 3.85, foreign languages double major
GRE: 336, have not taken GMAT yet.
Work experience and leadership: No work experience. Leader positions in two cultural clubs. One summer full-time teaching internship. One summer local consulting firm internship.
Community and others: three study abroad experiences, one of them a full semester exchange
I am fluent in Chinese and English and almost proficient in two more European languages.
I'm interested in applying for HEC's GE program. What are my chances?
ARLee Consulting
S

Show Tags

New post 21 Mar 2018, 23:58
Hi mooseonrun,

thank you for sharing your profile. You definitely have an interesting one.

By HEC's GE program you mean HEC's MiM Grande Ecole Program?

Are you planning to apply on Round 4 for this year's program? Or next year's?

Can you give us more detail on your summer internship at the consulting firm?

Besides your study abroad and exchange experiences, are you or have been engaged in any other extra-curriculars?

Thank you!
Alex

HR Executive Director

Admission Consultant
P

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2018, 06:43
mooseonrun wrote:
Hi!
Undergrad Information: US Top 20 university, GPA 3.85, foreign languages double major
Work experience and leadership: No work experience. Leader positions in two cultural clubs. One summer full-time teaching internship. One summer local consulting firm internship.
Community and others: three study abroad experiences, one of them a full semester exchange
I am fluent in Chinese and English and almost proficient in two more European languages.

You are in good shape. Go ahead and submit a good application- focus upon the impact you have created through the clubs and during your internships.
The international experience will be valued by the admissions team

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
Call me on my cellphone: +91 9901566772
Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Ask us for R2 Early Bird Offer

Admission Consultant
G
Affiliations: IvyLeagueEdge
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Yale (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
WE: Operations (Other)

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2018, 23:17
mooseonrun wrote:
Hi!

Hi mooseonrun,
1) Interesting profile (and that also means diverse profile, quite attractive to the Ad Com).
2) Your academics look great.
3) Some Work Experience would have been of great advantage, but, capitalized well, your internship may get you some points.
4) Your GRE scores look quite decent. Can you give the breakdown please?

We work with students seeking many top programs including MBA, MIM & MS. Feel free to pm for further help.

Worked in US & India, Located in New Delhi, Clients from World over

For a DETAILED & FREE profile evaluation PM your resume.

The Ivy League Edge (MBA - Yale SOM)
Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/balkrishna/

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2018, 17:38
Hi! Thanks to you all for your evaluations of my profile. Yes, I do mean HEC's Grande Ecole program. I plan on applying in September this year for the 2019 intake. My GRE breakdown is Q167 V169 W5.0. I wonder what I could do right now to further improve my chances next year? I have a summer internship lined up but don't have any job offers yet (I could start looking). I'm a bit burned out from school and feel inclined to do a gap year but wonder how that's perceived by the admission office. I don't have concrete plans for the gap year if I do take one, but most likely I will be volunteering and traveling. Also, does HEC offer any kind of scholarship or financial aid for international students? Thanks again for your help!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V32
GPA: 3.33

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2018, 09:12
Hi!
Background and nationality: Male 29, Indian.
Undergrad Information: NIT Jamshedpur, CGPA 7.62.
GMAT :- 660(Q-49,V-32).
Work experience and leadership:WE of 68 months with Siemens limited in the project management department.
I have two years of experience of working at the project sites, where I have led teams of 40-50 labours.
Further, I have handled international vendors from three countries, China Germany and Netherlands.
My projects are all customer oriented.
Extra Curricular:
Captain of the college football team and won Inter NIT Tournament.
Part of the athletics team.
Part of the organizing team of Annual athletics meet and the techno-management fest.
Worked in two NGO's, one in college and one currently.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.51
WE: Analyst (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2018, 01:36
thaks25 wrote:
Hi!
Work experience and leadership:WE of 68 months with Siemens limited in the project management department.
I have two years of experience of working at the project sites, where I have led teams of 40-50 labours.
Further, I have handled international vendors from three countries, China Germany and Netherlands.
Extra Curricular:
Part of the organizing team of Annual athletics meet and the techno-management fest.

Hi,

I'm not sure regarding your particular inclination towards GE. Do you want to consider an MBA at HEC? With your work experience in terms of the role you're doing, client and international exposure along with the number of years you've been working, I think you have a good chance.

In terms of GMAT maybe you can increase a little if you can give another shot at it. Maybe a 700 would be better considering HEC's average is around 680-690.

I'm part of an MBA incoming class as well with just 3 years of work ex that I'm yet to complete.

Let me know if you've any further questions.

Regards,
Gunjan
Admission Consultant
G
Affiliations: IvyLeagueEdge
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Yale (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
WE: Operations (Other)

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2018, 02:16
thaks25 wrote:
Hi!
Extra Curricular:

Hi thaks25,
Some things you already know:
1) As an Indian, Male, Engineer, you would be better off with GMAT scores 20-30 points higher than averages.
2) You need to introspect and present a better story, highlight your leadership experiences for impact.

Check out an article I wrote today...DON'T commit these mistakes when writing Essays for Admissions to Top schools.
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/donts-es ... -analytics

Worked in US & India, Located in New Delhi, Clients from World over

For a DETAILED & FREE profile evaluation PM your resume.

The Ivy League Edge (MBA - Yale SOM)
Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/balkrishna/

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V32
GPA: 3.33

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2018, 02:39
Hi Gunjan,

I mistakenly wrote GE program as I wish to apply for the MBA program.
I am planning to apply for Sept 18 batch in the next round, deadline is 1st May.
So I don't have time for appearing for GMAT again.
Would you recommend me to go for it in this round because my priority is to get an admit in September 18.
Further is there a provision for submitting my updated GMAT score after the deadline date?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 08 May 2018, 11:42
Hi there,

I'm interested in the HEC MiM (pre-experience). I would like to know my chances for the 2019 intake (R2 probably) - HEC is definitely in the dream school category.

Background and nationality:
French female, 21 at time of application

Undergrad Information:
BA Business and Management from top 10 UK university (graduating in summer 2019)
3.7/4 GPA at time of application and expected 4.0 GPA at graduation

GMAT:
Haven't done it yet. Hoping for 680 minimum ...

Work experience/Internships:
1 week in the Leading Women programme at Ernst & Young, shadowing senior women and helping on client projects, in the cyber-security advisory service (summer 2018)
12 months internship at The Walt Disney Company in London, working in consumer products sales (2017/2018)
2 month marketing internship at No.2 French magazine editor and publisher (2016)

EC:
Vice-President of a society that provides mentorship for students looking for a 12-month internship (called placement year in the UK), organising networking events and workshops/presentations with partner companies etc

Post MiM goals:
Mostly interest in product management in the tech industry

I am planning to apply for the MiM ESSEC and MiM ESCP as well. I would love to hear your opinion and advice :)
ARLee Consulting
S

Show Tags

New post 11 May 2018, 04:31
Dear cmsg5546,

I really like your profile.

Your academics are quite strong, and from a top UK school.

Your internships and extra-curriculars are also quite interesting.

I would say you have a good shot at all three schools.

For a more detailed discussion, feel free to PM me or email me directly at alex@ruizlee.es.

Thank you, and good luck!
Alex

HR Executive Director

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 11 May 2018, 07:43
Hi, Please review my profile!

Nationality: Indian
GMAT: 700 – Q 48, V 39, IR 7, AWA – awaited (First attempt)

Education
Postgrad: 2 year Full-time MBA in Marketing (Technically a Post Grad Diploma in Management, PGDM) from a top 20 B-School in India, GPA – 7.14/10. CAT score to get in – 94 percentile. CAT is Indian counterpart of GMAT.

Undergrad: Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science from an average Indian university, Score – 65.3% (not sure how to convert)

School – 80% in both senior and high school

Work Experience – 5 years 5 months
1. Deputy Manager - Bid Management for a leading Indian IT Outsourcer (3 years)
This is post my MBA. It’s a Business Development/Pre-sales role. I manage end-to-end bid lifecycles of RFPs ($10-50 million) related to Enterprise IT services for leading MNCs. The role comprises of managing the bid process, managing internal stakeholders and the proposal deliverables, customer requirement analysis, developing IT solutions according to customer’s needs and according to standardized frameworks, undertaking solution discussion/due-diligence meetings/workshops with customer stakeholders at various stages of the bid, managing customer visits to Service Delivery Centres, managing product demos, doing the pricing for the proposal based on various pricing models, create solution presentation and the proposal documents, doing market research on IT trends etc.

Worked on RFPs from customers in various sectors - Telecom, Manufacturing, Banking, Media, Public Services and Energy and Utilities etc.

International experience – This is in the form of short-term visits to client location for meetings, as I mentioned above.

2. Software Engineer - another leading Indian IT Outsourcer (2 years 3 months)
This is kind of a usual “Indian IT Software Development” experience. Worked as a Developer to implement Software Enhancements and Maintenance of software applications and products for leading Hi-Tech and Telecom clients

3. Program Coordinator for a leading Indian NGO – 3 months
Short stint at an NGO just after my undergrad. I was actively involved in coordination of the NGO’s educational initiatives in different northern states of India. Did Recruitment and Training (English/Computers/Soft Skills) of the Trainers (who would then go on to teach the children), content management etc.

4. MBA Summer Internship– 3 months (haven’t counted this in)
Summer project involved formulating a Go-To-Market Strategy for a portfolio company of a private equity firm. This portfolio company is in the private tuitions business.

Management related extra-curricular
1. Published Ivey Case Study on Ecommerce in collaboration with B-school professor and few other batchmates
2. Management related Competitions/Presentations – Won a corporate sponsored case study analysis competition, participated in other Indian Business schools management fests, was part of managing my college’s management fest.
3. Short Term Projects – One for a Mid-cap Indian IT firm and another for an Indian Cafe chain. Both related to marketing/brand mgmt.
4. Certification in ‘Strategic Management and Leadership’, conducted by the B-School through a professional intermediary

Other extra-curricular

Volunteering/Social work
a. As mentioned above, I worked full time at an NGO after my undergrad, although for only 3 months
b. During my second job I used to volunteer on weekends for a local NGO. Used to teach kids and helped the NGO with its software database.
c. Recently engaged in weekend volunteering (again, teaching kids) organised by my company.
Sports
An avid player of a racquet sport with multiple achievements in the sport over more than 16 years. Recently represented my company at an inter-corporate tournament and won gold.
Music
Level 2 Violinist, ABRSM 2017. Working towards higher levels now.

Post-MBA Goals:
Would like to move into strategy consulting
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 May 2018, 11:02
Please evaluate my profile.

10th - 88
12th - 82
Btech Marine Engineering - 8.44 (BITS, Pilani)

Work experience - 3 years with 2 promotions
Presently sailing as 4th Engineer ( Merchant Navy)
Maersk Line study scholarship for good performance during internship

Extra Curricular :
1. TMISAT all India topper
2. Scholarship in all semesters spent in my Institute
3. Cultural Head for various events
4. INMUN, Delhi
5. Committee Member for All India Level festival
Various certification courses

Post MBA Goals : To work in Shipping company / Oil gas major with specialisation in Strategy Management.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
ARLee Consulting
S

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2018, 14:04
Hi Prashant13,

thank you for sharing your profile.

I think you have a very interesting one. Could you give us more detail on your current and past roles? Have you been sailing internationally as well?

Have you taken the GMAT? If so, what's your score?

When are you planning to submit your application?

It would be great if you could share your CV. Feel free to PM me or email me directly at alex@arleeconsulting.com for a more detailed discussion and evaluation of your candidacy.

Alex

HR Executive Director

ARLee Consulting
S

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2018, 14:17
Hi mascon9,

thank you for sharing such a detailed profile. I think you have a shot at HEC Paris.

You come from an over-represented background (Indian male from IT) so if possible, I would recommend you to retake the GMAT and increase at least 20 points. If this is not possible, then you will need to find ways to stand out from the rest of applicants in your application (i.e. CV, Essays, LoRs).

Have you had any promotions in your 3 years at your current company? Can you show career progression?

Can you elaborate a bit on your international short-term client visits? Where have these visits mainly been and for how long approximately?

Feel free to PM me or email me directly at alex@arleeconsulting.com for a more detailed discussion and evaluation of your candidacy.

Alex

HR Executive Director

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile Evaluation HEC Paris - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here &nbs [#permalink] 27 May 2018, 14:17

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5    Next  [ 94 posts ] 

Profile Evaluation HEC Paris - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: gmatexam439

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap