It is currently 19 Oct 2017, 22:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation HEC Paris - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consultant
S

Kudos [?]: 325 [0], given: 2

Reviews Badge
Re: Profile Evaluation HEC Paris - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2016, 15:13
manchat wrote:
Hi Gmaters,

Im Indian male 26 and have scored 690(49/34).Im cuurently working as Product manager in a startup and have experience of close to 4 years .I have worked for top startups and launched internet products from scratch.I did my engineering from a good college(NIT) in civil engineering .On top of this I even started couple of part-time startups and one of them did decent business.My UG score is 6.41/10(but in last 2 years it averaged 7+ ).I have not much on extra -curricular activities, except few certficates in quizzing ,plays and dance performances.Is HEC Paris within reach?

I would actually suggest a retake, as expectations on Indian candidates tend to be higher than on applicants from other countries (unfair, I know!), especially if you think there is a realistic chance you would do better this time around. Only you can tell what potential there is for a better score, but if you believe there is, I would strongly suggest you do in order for you to feel that you really gave the application your all. Should you not do it, and not get in, you might regret it.

https://ARINGO.com/ – MBA Admissions Consulting

Specializing in candidates with GMATs under 720

Try our free Admissions Chances Calculator - https://aringo.com/mba-admission-chances-calculator/

All statistics verified by Ernst & Young

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 10

Re: Profile Evaluation HEC Paris - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Nov 2016, 03:31
manchat wrote:
Hi Gmaters,

Im Indian male 26 and have scored 690(49/34).Im cuurently working as Product manager in a startup and have experience of close to 4 years .I have worked for top startups and launched internet products from scratch.I did my engineering from a good college(NIT) in civil engineering .On top of this I even started couple of part-time startups and one of them did decent business.My UG score is 6.41/10(but in last 2 years it averaged 7+ ).I have not much on extra -curricular activities, except few certficates in quizzing ,plays and dance performances.Is HEC Paris within reach?

PDoug
GyanOne

Please help

Hi,
Your GMAT is on the lower side and also you don't have international experience. While there isn't much you can do about the international experience bit you can definitely improve your GMAT to 700+. Also concentrate on your essays. Your experience coupled with your startup stints sounds good. So your essays have a chance of standing out.
Good luck with your applications.

ApplyMBA | Get expert help with your applications with a consultant of your choice and budget.
Find your consultant now

Download the free ApplyMBA Mobile App
Free app that helps you organize your MBA applications
With information on top 100 international MBA
Available for both Android and IOS. Search for ApplyMBA in the app stores

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 6

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2016, 06:47
Hi,
Your GMAT is on the lower side and also you don't have international experience. While there isn't much you can do about the international experience bit you can definitely improve your GMAT to 700+. Also concentrate on your essays. Your experience coupled with your startup stints sounds good. So your essays have a chance of standing out.
Good luck with your applications.[/quote]

Thank you very much .I took your advice and giving another shot within 15 days.

Cheers

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2016, 06:55
Aringo wrote:
manchat wrote:
Hi Gmaters,

I would actually suggest a retake, as expectations on Indian candidates tend to be higher than on applicants from other countries (unfair, I know!), especially if you think there is a realistic chance you would do better this time around. Only you can tell what potential there is for a better score, but if you believe there is, I would strongly suggest you do in order for you to feel that you really gave the application your all. Should you not do it, and not get in, you might regret it.

Yes unfair it is! :| I am not sure if I will be able perform better this time.But all the same Ill try one more time in next 15 days .Wish me luck

Cheers!

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2016, 06:08
manchat wrote:
Hi,
Good luck with your applications.

Thank you very much .I took your advice and giving another shot within 15 days.

Cheers[/quote]

Wish you all the best. Keep us updated how it goes.

ApplyMBA | Get expert help with your applications with a consultant of your choice and budget.
Find your consultant now

Download the free ApplyMBA Mobile App
Free app that helps you organize your MBA applications
With information on top 100 international MBA
Available for both Android and IOS. Search for ApplyMBA in the app stores

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Schools: HEC April'18 (A)
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2016, 02:58
manchat wrote:
Hi Gmaters,

PDoug
GyanOne

Please help

26 and applying for MBA?
i would wait until your are 28 at least

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Profile evaluation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Aug 2017, 11:58
I am a Fresher B.Tech Graduate from ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMMUNICATION stream.I have scored 350 in gmat and a band score of 6.0 in IELTS .Will I be admitted in any prestigious Business school .

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.7
Reviews Badge
Re: Profile evaluation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Aug 2017, 12:22
divyashekhar123 wrote:
I am a Fresher B.Tech Graduate from ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMMUNICATION stream.I have scored 350 in gmat and a band score of 6.0 in IELTS .Will I be admitted in any prestigious Business school .

Well, for HEC, I don't think you'd have any chance with 350. That's way too low.

Sorry mate

Expert Post
Director
Director
G
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach

Kudos [?]: 184 [0], given: 76

Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: Profile evaluation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Aug 2017, 06:09
350? Oh wow. No way. Nothing under 650 for an Indian, honestly.

http://MBAPrepCoach.COM

Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
http://PoetsandQuants.com/Consultants/Farrell-Dyan
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

Expert Post
Admission Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 151 [0], given: 51

Profile evaluation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Aug 2017, 08:01
divyashekhar123 wrote:

Infact you should not even try going to programs that offer you a place with this score - they will be the ones who don't care about GMAT and they will not add any value to you.

Work for atleast 3 years and then apply - you'll be far better off

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
+91 9901566772

Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Ask for a FREE profile evaluation HERE

Featured among the top 25 Women CEOs in India, in the CEO Magazine

Kudos [?]: 151 [0], given: 51

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 13 Aug 2017, 16:20
Hi all! I would really like some insights about my profile:

- Male, brazilian, 32 yo
- Undergraduate in Business at a Top 3 brazilian school (plenty of alumni accepted by Top Business Schools)
- GPA: 2.6 (horrible, and no good reason)
- GMAT: 740

Work Experience:

- Capital Markets (Structured Finance) at a top local boutique (Real Estate focused)
* 4 years
* 3 promotions (from intern to Senior Analyst)
* Leading analyst in 8 projects (3 of them were really big ones)

- Capital Markets (Structured Finance) at a Start-Up (as a junior associate)
* 1 year
* Didn´t go well specially because of brazilian economic conditions at the time

- Capital Markets (Structured Finance) at a new boutique (Agribusiness focused)
* Junior Associate
* 2 years (until now)
* Company growing very fast
* Leading analyst of 4 projects

Extracurriculars:
* Writer at a blog focused on Political Education (8 articles published)
* 1 year working at a NGO focused on children education (led 2 new projects)

International Experience:
* 4 months working as a Sales Person at a clothing store in Las Vegas, US (during college vacation)
* 3 weeks studying spanish in Buenos Aires, Argentina
* 2 weeks working ad a NGO (a organic farm) in Cape Town,South Africa
* I´m a european citizen (portuguese citizenship)

Other:
* Fluent spanish
* Short Course (graduate level) in Applied Statitics (at a top local college) - Final Grade: A
* HBx Core: Pass with High Honours

Post MBA objective:
* Investment Banking in London or NY

Expert Post
Director
Director
G
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach

Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 13 Aug 2017, 16:36
Hi, this is really not a profile thread but I'm going to give you a few insights. It's great. Honestly it looks really solid. The progression is good and I like the extracurriculars. GMAT is excellent. I'd love to see International work experience but you do have some, and also, other international data points. You're on the older side as I'm sure you are aware. And of course your GPA is abysmal however I really love the fact that you have developed an alternative transcript with the hbx core and the statistics class. In the past I have helped candidates with similar grade issues get into top schools if they had the HB X Factor. Because of your age I would recommend that you focus your efforts on Wharton and CBS, maybe Booth, and then internationally I recommend that you look at LBS and INSEAD. HEC is a great school but I think you could probably get something even better if you were to work with a consultant and do the applications really well. You might be looking at HEC because of your age and it would be a good backup option. But I think you should strive for more of a feeder school for IB.

Farrell Dyan
http://PoetsandQuants.com/Consultants/Farrell-Dyan
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

Intern
Intern
B

GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3
WE: Project Management (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 27 Aug 2017, 10:07
Hi All,

I am 29 years old Indian Male. I have experience of 7 years in Project Management in EPC arm of Linde India Ltd (a member of Linde Group), a leading industrial gases company in India. I am planning to apply for Sept 2018 intake. Please evaluate my profile.

GMAT: 740 (Q50, V40, IR6, AWA4.5)

Education
B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering) - Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati (CGPA: 7.47/10)
12th: 80.6% (U.P. Board)
10th: 79.7% (U.P. Board)

Work Experience
Total work experience of 7 years in project engineering division at Linde India Limited (formerly BOC India Limited). This is my first job after finishing undergrad.
Manager - Projects (2014 - present)
Deputy Manager - Projects (2011 - 2014)
Graduate Engineer Trainee (2010 - 2011)

My current role is:
- Project Management: Manage end to end execution of multiple EPC projects with complete monitoring and control of cost, time and quality.
- Project Procurement Management: Manage entire procurement process for these projects as well as directly handle end to end procurement of various goods and services.
- Cost Estimation: Responsible for preparing cost estimates for all in-house non-core business opportunities.
- Process Improvement: Initiating and executing six sigma projects for improvement of established processes within the department.
- Change Management: Part of GST implementation team; Led a project for codifying all project related goods & services for PAN india GST implementation in ERP system. Consulting project teams for their GST related queries.

International Exposure
- Coordinating with Linde Germany's project team for their deliverables under consortium contracts.
- Working with Linde Sri Lanka team for a cost estimate for modernization of one of their plants.
- Did a 3 months internship in an Australian university during my undergrad. Worked as Research Assistant.

Achievements
- Nominated for Linde’s Country Excellence Award in 2016.
- Received “excellent” performance rating for last 3 consecutive years.
- Was selected for Dream Team 2010 and received personal mentorship from Division Head.
- Received a special mid-year appraisal for outstanding performance

Extra-curriculars
- Travel coordinator for biannual departmental conference held in 2014 (Srinagar) and 2016 (Bhutan)
- Website maintenance secretary for student's association at college.
- Led a 5-member team to organize an informal event of one-minute games; made it hit for two years in a row.

Additional Information
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification – KPMG.
- Enrolled in MicroMasters Program in Supply Chain Management – MITx (Completed 3 out 5 courses).
- Published a research paper in “International Journal of Hydrogen Energy”.
- Languages: Hindi (native), English (fluent), Bengali and French (basic).
- Hobbies: Travelling to explore new places, cultures & Cuisines, Landscape Photography, Playing Guitar.

I also have concerns regarding my limited international exposure and no community service on my record. Kindly give your opinions on this also.

Thanks in advance.

Intern
Intern

Profile Evaluation HEC Paris - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Sep 2017, 01:44
--

Last edited by vooja on 01 Oct 2017, 02:10, edited 1 time in total.

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 30

Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 660 Q40 V41
GPA: 3.4
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 09 Sep 2017, 05:40
Dear Experts,

I wish to apply for a full time MBA degree in HEC Paris. Please evaluate my profile and advice me on the areas that need improvement.

Nationality : Indian
GMAT : 660(Q40,V41)

Education : BE(Hons.) in Electronics and Instrumentation from Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani, Dubai Campus
During undergrad, I interned at two multinational firms in Dubai and worked on a project on improving in-flight damage analysis of air-crafts with an R&D institute in Germany.

Work Experience: 5+ years
After graduating in 2012, I have been working in the offshore oil and gas drilling industry. I joined a multinational offshore drilling company as a trainee Electronic Technician and currently I am the youngest Electronic Tech. in my company. My jobs include maintenance, servicing and troubleshooting various equipment on-board the offshore vessels. The job demands rigorous planning and accurate analysis of the problems in order to solve them within the shortest period of time to cut down losses by avoiding downtime.
Apart from the technical jobs, my responsibilities include updating inventory of the equipment and spares, managing a team of 4, ordering equipment and spares, calculating yearly budgets, cutting down operational costs, communicating with the client and understanding there requirements, enhancing the safety standards of the rig and making sure that my team stays stress free and motivated. In the last five years I have won safety awards and man of the month award for up-keeping the safety standards of the rigs and implementing innovative techniques to improve ease and safety of operations.
My work has taken me to various offshore drilling vessels in Iran and India.

Apart from work I love to travel. I have traveled to countries in Europe, South East Asia and Middle East. I have been trained in Indian classical music (vocal and instrumental) and have won awards in singing, speaking and acting competitions in school and undergrad. I have been a part of the basketball and boxing teams during my undergrad and was also the feather-weight boxing champion.

In 2012 I opened an NGO, which focuses on teaching classical music to the underprivileged citizens. I have also been a part of a project concerned with studying the effects of classical music on prisoners with life sentences.

Currently, apart from my offshore job, I am involved in a start-up in the food industry. This is my second start-up after a failed one.

Your expert and valuable input is much appreciated.

Thank you

Dkingdom

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 30

Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consultant
S

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Sep 2017, 11:51
Dkingdom wrote:
Dear Experts,

I wish to apply for a full time MBA degree in HEC Paris. Please evaluate my profile and advice me on the areas that need improvement.

Nationality : Indian
GMAT : 660(Q40,V41)

Education : BE(Hons.) in Electronics and Instrumentation from Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani, Dubai Campus
During undergrad, I interned at two multinational firms in Dubai and worked on a project on improving in-flight damage analysis of air-crafts with an R&D institute in Germany.

Work Experience: 5+ years
After graduating in 2012, I have been working in the offshore oil and gas drilling industry. I joined a multinational offshore drilling company as a trainee Electronic Technician and currently I am the youngest Electronic Tech. in my company. My jobs include maintenance, servicing and troubleshooting various equipment on-board the offshore vessels. The job demands rigorous planning and accurate analysis of the problems in order to solve them within the shortest period of time to cut down losses by avoiding downtime.
Apart from the technical jobs, my responsibilities include updating inventory of the equipment and spares, managing a team of 4, ordering equipment and spares, calculating yearly budgets, cutting down operational costs, communicating with the client and understanding there requirements, enhancing the safety standards of the rig and making sure that my team stays stress free and motivated. In the last five years I have won safety awards and man of the month award for up-keeping the safety standards of the rigs and implementing innovative techniques to improve ease and safety of operations.
My work has taken me to various offshore drilling vessels in Iran and India.

Apart from work I love to travel. I have traveled to countries in Europe, South East Asia and Middle East. I have been trained in Indian classical music (vocal and instrumental) and have won awards in singing, speaking and acting competitions in school and undergrad. I have been a part of the basketball and boxing teams during my undergrad and was also the feather-weight boxing champion.

In 2012 I opened an NGO, which focuses on teaching classical music to the underprivileged citizens. I have also been a part of a project concerned with studying the effects of classical music on prisoners with life sentences.

Currently, apart from my offshore job, I am involved in a start-up in the food industry. This is my second start-up after a failed one.

Your expert and valuable input is much appreciated.

Thank you

Dkingdom

Lots of really good stuff going on in this profile, I think HEC will like most parts of it, especially the international experience you have had, so you are doing great on that part!

There is one weakness in your profile, however, and as I am sure you know, that is your GMAT score. Unfortunately I am not at all sure a 660 will do it for an Indian applicant, the adcom will be expecting 700 or above so do everything you can to get there and you should be good to go!

https://ARINGO.com/ – MBA Admissions Consulting

Specializing in candidates with GMATs under 720

Try our free Admissions Chances Calculator - https://aringo.com/mba-admission-chances-calculator/

All statistics verified by Ernst & Young

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 26

Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V31
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 4
WE: Consulting (Energy and Utilities)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2017, 10:55
Hi..I'd love to have some feedback on my profile. Thanks.

Nationality- Indian
Gender- Male
Xth- 84.4%
XIIth – 84.4%
Undergrad- B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering with 68% (the Topper of the Branch scored 75%) from Institute of Engineering & Technology, Lucknow (a State Government Engineering College)
Post-graduation – MBA in Marketing with 6.72 CGPA from Institute of Management Technology (IMT), Ghaziabad (ranked 12th by Business today 2016 Rankings and 13th by Business India 2016)
Exchange program – 3 months Student Exchange (as a part of the curriculum of IMT Ghaziabad) in Kedge Business School, Marseille, France with an overall CGPA of 7.0
TOEFL- Yet to take
GMAT- 720 ( Q-49, V-39, IR-4 AWA 5)

Post-MBA Goals – I’d love to work in the Consulting Sector after my MBA (specifically Strategy Consulting)

Work Exp :
Currently working as a Senior Consultant with a Big 4 , i.e. PwC India (Energy and Utilities Sector)
I have a total experience of 73 months (around 6 years) with companies such as PwC, Accenture, Tata Motors and Larsen & Toubro in various sectors such as Manufacturing, Automotive, Energy, etc and in various functions such as Consulting, Business Development, Sales Enablement, etc
Key Highlights of Work exp:
• Developed an IT Strategy Roadmap for one of the largest Power Generation companies in India while working with PwC
• End to end Digital Strategy Consulting for Clients in APAC region across Resources Industry Involved in End to end Digital Strategy Consulting for Clients in APAC region across Resources Industry while working with Accenture
• Process Consulting and Continuous Process Improvement for the vendors of Tata Motors in terms of various manufacturing functions such as Operations, Quality, Production planning, Supply Chain and Business Process Re-engineering - Tata Motors
• Successfully increased volume of Tippers from 2800 to 4800 in a record 3 months aiding in increase of market share from 58% to 60% in M&HCV Tipper segment - Tata Motors
• Independently handled Shop floor Operations in Fluidized Catalytic Cracker Unit (FCCU) by inspection of Welded joints I a Refinery Plant in North India - Larsen & Toubro
International Experience
• 3 months Exchange program (during MBA at IMT Ghaziabad) in which I studied Marketing at Kedge Business School which is ranked 33rd in Europe in FT rankings for 2016)
• On site engagement in Accenture for 2 months when I worked on an engagement with a Thai Client based out of Bangkok
• Handled many International Clients in Europe, Singapore, Australia, etc. and worked with the Client teams on a daily basis
• Handled multiple Digital Workshops for Global Clients
• Extensive travel in Europe
Awards and Recognition:
• Received PwC Experience Award for showing exemplary alignment with PwC Values during all the Client Engagements
• Client Appreciation for showing great commitment towards ensuring adequate quality and timeliness of the Engagement
• Finished among the top 5 finalists in “Best Officers Award” in Tata Motors for the financial year 2010-11
• Awarded for conceptualization and preparation of BCG Quality Guidelines for Tata Motors in 2013
• Awarded for “Process adherence in Trailer Design and Manufacturing” in Strategic Process Planning Meet, Lucknow, Tata Motors in the year 2011

Volunteer Experience:
• Taught and mentored underprivileged kids in Lucknow from July, 2010 to May, 2013 through association with an NGO “Make a Difference” spread across 23 cities
• POC (Point of Contact) for Accenture’s CSR initiatives in Bangalore
• Mentored and taught various students at Cheshire Homes, an NGO responsible for providing education in terms of necessary language, IT and communication skills along with career mentorship to disabled children and students
• Worked with various corporates to organize Career fares for Cheshire Homes in Bangalore
• Among the top 10 Volunteers for the PwC Foundation week activities, which are targeted at various NGOs to impart skills, literacy to underprivileged women and children

Extra-Curricular Activities:
• Dramatics
 Finalist in UTV Bindass Street play competition held in Mumbai, judged by Rakeysh OmPrakash Mehra in 2009
 2nd position in “Atkeliyan-annual national level skit competition” at IIT Kanpur in 2007
 3rd position in Culrav, a national level Main Play competition at MNNIT Allahabad in 2007
• Organized Passion’13, an annual inter B-school Management cum Cultural Fest, held at IMT Ghaziabad in 2013
• Co-ordinator of Dramatics event in “Encore” – a national level cultural festival of IET Lucknow in 2008
• Training & Placement Representative of the batch at IET Lucknow during 2005-09

Achievements and Awards:
• Finalist in Neetishastra – a national level Inter B-school Consulting event held at IIM Indore in 2013
• Winner at Boardroom – a national level Inter B-school Consulting event held at Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management, New Delhi in 2015
• Winner in ADZAP – MAD ADS event during Passion’14, an inter B-school event held in IMT Ghaziabad
• Finished among the top 5 finalists in “Best Officers Award” in Tata Motors for the financial year 2010-11
• Awarded for conceptualization and preparation of BCG Quality Guidelines for Tata Motors in 2013
• Awarded for “Process adherence in Trailer Design and Manufacturing” in Strategic Process Planning Meet, Lucknow, Tata Motors in the year 2011

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Divyabh

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 26

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2017, 00:50
Hi all!

I'd like to kindly request you for your review of my profile.

Background:
Male from the Philippines
Age 25
GMAT 700
GPA: 3.19

Education:
Bachelor of Science in Management from a Top 3 School in the Philippines. Was in an honors course which comprises of the top 15% of all students in the university.

Work Experience: Worked 3.5 Years (4 by matriculation)

1st Job - Large International Bank based in London and Singapore
Started out as a graduate trainee in the bank for a 1.5 year program including a 3 month stint abroad doing projects. Left the bank as a project manager handling all project management and governance and control functions for a unit of the bank.

2nd Job - Top 15 Local Bank in the Philippines
Was recruited to help start the Investment Banking (focused on Capital Markets) business of said bank. Part of a 2 man team which grew the office from start-up to becoming a top-10 player in the industry also increasing revenues by 400% y-o-y. Currently Officer in Charge of the division since the retirement of previous boss handling all aspects of the unit from business (originating and executing Capital Markets transactions) to administrative work (Person in charge of the unit for compliance, risk, audit, and other non-business functions.

Recommendations: Can get recommendations from my former boss (currently CFO in a top 10 bank in the Philippines) and the current CEO of my current workplace.

Extra curricular - Avid traveler. Play a lot of sports (Tennis, Muay Thai, Football etc.), and played some competitively. Consulted for a large local NGO as part of previous internship experience and some volunteering efforts.

Post MBA - Continue working in Investment Banking in M&A or Capital Markets in a large foreign institution. Plan B would be to go into Management Consulting (have previous experience in the field from internships). Long term goal would be to return to the Philippines and join a local bank or set up my own shop in Financial Advisory/M&A.

Thanks all!

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Schools: Insead Sept'18
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2017, 13:03
I intend to apply for the 2018 intake for HEC. Would appreciate an evaluation of my profile.

WE : Will complete 6 years by the time I start school ( September 2018)

Nationality: Indian
GMAT: 730 (Q50, V39, IR 6)

International exposure: Have never had the opportunity to work abroad, but liaise with onshore teams on a dily basis. Have been doing so for the best part of 5 years.

Education: Post Graduate Diplioma in Banking (CGPA 8/10)
Bachelor of Technology: (CGPA 6.1/10)

Professional Experience:
> 3 years at ICICI Bank (India's leading Private sector bank) as a Corporate Credit Risk Analyst. Here I was involved in various processes over the 3 years. (Risk monitoring, Governance, QA, Regulatory, Reporting to Senior Management etc)
> 2 years at Barclays India. Areas of work include Compliance, Risk Assessment, and Project Management

Both the roles above involved liaising with cross functional teams in London, Singapore, Canada, U.S., Bahrain etc.

Personal: Have travelled to England, Scotland, Ireland, Dubai, Bali.

Extra- Curricular:
Have been involved in CSR(Corporate social responsibility) activities. Active participant in educating underpriviliged kids (among other activities) at various company-empanelled NGOs. Have also been involved in local social work organised within the residential community.

Active participant in sports throughout my school years. University captain of the football team along with being chief sports coordinator.

My biggest fear is that my overall academic record is rather weak and I would like to know what I could do to overshadow this. Is the steady improvement after graduation enough? Does the 730 in GMAT help? I am also currently pursuing an Executive Education course from Judge Business School - Cambridge, sponsored by my company.

Would love to hear some views. Thanks in advance.

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2017, 13:35
I don't understand how some people ask for profile evaluation without mentioning which program they are targeting.

Re: Profile Evaluation HEC Paris - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here   [#permalink] 17 Oct 2017, 13:35

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 40 posts ] 

Profile Evaluation HEC Paris - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: OasisGC, aerien, BrushMyQuant

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap